Battle For Earth's ''Redwing'' Review (2014)

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

625-by(1).jpg
625-by(1).jpg (150.84 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
Running Time: 27 min, 55 sec
My second Battle for Earth film, but following the much loved Widow, how will this one stand up?

Redwing stars Coco as the titular role who after beating another gang of thugs finds herself utterly bored with the lack of challenge in her work, but after a seemingly innocent night of clubbing she is finally faced with that challenge, but it soon turns into a much more trying feat then she had ever wished for, But can she rise to the occasion in time? Lets find out!

And the first thing I noticed about this film was its interesting artistic decisions, from a seemingly professional and solid company there are alot of really interesting experimental methods that are brought up in its special effects and direction that I really appreciated and definitely kept my attention throughout (aswell as giving us the usual ass shots and flattering angles throughout that are very natural yet potently effective too).

Which leads onto another positive which is the lead actress herself Coco who is not only strikingly beautiful but also has a gracefully well formed body and an elegantly shapely behind,

which are all amplified by her costume which has amazing production quality to it aswell as tons of shimmer and alot of visually tantalizing features going on with it aswell.

But with that as far as Coco’s acting talents go she is underwhelmingly average in her performance and doesn't hold much screen presence either, which could be disappointing but her looks wholly make up for that aswell as the clever direction that really knows how to get her best out and make her reach her full potential (and having her make some great sounds during the heated scenes aswell).

Another great positive that distracts us from this point is its extremely clever writing and the thoroughly engaging themes it brings up, which are very titillating without having to rely on the sexual aspect too much.

The fighting is a little clunky at times but the director does his absolute best to keep our attention with fast paced editing and powerful camera jolts during the fights that really help to turn these potentially boring scenes into something extremely attention grabbing and absorbing throughout.

The soundtrack is sparse but is perfectly placed for when its really needed and for this film particularly the best technique to use is just pure silence so it is done potently and the filmmakers really know when to use it and when not to.

And then the ending comes along and it is wholly satisfying, just when you think they might not do it, they completely surprise you and give you exactly what you’ve wanted throughout and it is delivered with pure mastery and some really gritty kinetic energy too.

So all in all while short this film uses its beautiful lead/great costume design to its absolute potential (aswell as recognizing her pros), it has eye catching and riveting direction/artistic decisions and delivers a surprisingly potent and thoughtful script aswell, so with that being said I definitely have to recommend this film.

7.5/10

Buy It Here!

http://shg-media.com/?PageID=productDet ... 4159556311
Last edited by javcritic 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

No offence but this should be in the Review section you can pm/mail the admins to move it.

<EDIT. Been moved now>
Last edited by tallyho 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Thanks, that's good to know lol
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

No problem, I should have said also its a well written review! (I don't wholly agree about Coco's acting but everyone's different - I would say she's fine in the straight part but excellent in the vanquished heroine role)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Thanks its appreciated, I can definitely see why you'd like her performance, especially when she's Redwing