1984 Supergirl meets Heroine Legends

General discussions about superheroines!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

We are working on a new film to feature Lindsay Lamb as the mother of Vega / daughter of Allura and we were thinking about incorporating some things you love about the 1984 Supergirl film... what would you like to see?

By the way, for those of you who remember seeing this pic and for those of you who missed it, here is Lindsay in the costume:
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Lindsay Lamb rox that costume!

The peril in Supergirl 1984 was not the best,(But HS looked soo hawt in that costume!). However, there are great peril scenes from the Superman movies. Personally, I would love to see Supergirl fight through the multiple traps from the Ultimate Computer in SM III.

That said to answer the question there are a couple of scenes:

SG is defeated, rendered powerless and passes out. In the movie she is found by her old mentor and carried off. It would be much better of course if she is found by a more malevolent villain/villainess. The beginning of this scene in the movie has a nice setup with SG searching the castle/fortress. They did a nice job showing the beauty of Helen Slater during that scene. Of course I think a monkey would have a difficult time NOT being able to get that right.

Another scene is when SG battled the shadow of Selena and is overpowered. In the movie Supergirl is partially masked by smoke dim lighting and her struggles were not depicted as they should have been.
Attachments
Image48.jpg
Image48.jpg (18.52 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
dcut04.jpg
dcut04.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
sg overpowered.jpg
sg overpowered.jpg (67.33 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
thCAVKPL0V.jpg
thCAVKPL0V.jpg (5.85 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Well one thing I think hasn't really been done is when SG fell into the slime/quicksand scene. Now HL obviously that would only work if A) Lindsay was okay with doing it and B) the costume can take something like that without being ruined. But it would be nice to see SG walking along or maybe already weak from a fighting with a villainess and the badgirl throws her in there. She tries to get out but is too weak or the slime drains her energy.

Also you could take that shadow creature idea do it a bit more one on one with SG. There's a scene from the SG movie comic I'll attach with has SG battling a physical version of the shadow demon. You can dress one of your other actresses in some black, maybe ragged clothing to match the character in the scene. Their powers could be too much for your SG, warping her reality and messing with her powers.

Now for some non-SG84 movie ideas. What about a Parasite like character? They want to feed on SG energy and lure into a trap. SG doesn't figure it out at first, fighting the parasite who with each long hold (on the arms, some bearhugs, etc) seems to make SG weaker and weaker. By time she does figure it out the parasite is dominating the fight, sapping so much of SG's strength she helpless. Now for me I'd love to see her finished with chloroform KO but obviously that's not everybody's cup of tea.
Attachments
255d7_1e12.jpg
255d7_1e12.jpg (28.14 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
255e9_be52.jpg
255e9_be52.jpg (16.87 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
tumblr_m85lbg5zMC1rz1rzuo1_1280.png
tumblr_m85lbg5zMC1rz1rzuo1_1280.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 6358 times
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
MOT
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

This is gonna be awesome!

How about:
- have The witch villainess be able to zap Supergirl with blasts of magic from her fingers. At the end of the movie Selina shoots at Supergirl but only causes other things around her to be damaged. Perhaps you could replicate this but also have her aiming at supergirl
- have the witch be able to move objects that can hit Supergirl
- definitely recreate the trapping scene with the magic glass, the scene where Supergirl gets thrown around by the demon and the scene where she is being squeezed by Selina/monster. Those scenes are so hot!
- Selina could use magic to create a dark clone/nuclear girl who is physically stronger than supergirl
- Selina could magically put supergirl in a bubble she can't get out of
- Selina could make holograms of herself to confuse supergirl - it could be done much better than the movie. So just have her appearing somewhere, taunting Supergirl but when SG tried to attack her it's only thin air then have her appear somewhere else. Could even have it so she appears in loads of places at once.

Looking forward to this one good luck Logan
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Christ I was 14 in 19784 LOL!

I would like to see - The confrontation with SG and Power of Shadow, the crushed cars may be a bi uch but seeing SG being tossed around and slamme dinto that vending machine and crashing back to earth when first attempting to fly up to fight were great scens for me.

I like the part where SG is trapped and sent into the phantom zone again landinghad then finding out she is powerless and faling prey to the thick green goop pit all woul dmake great scenes.

Finally the last battle when SG is forced into Shadow's claws and stretched and twisted ike a toy a remake of that scene would be epic especially as I am a midsection fan.

And of course for some filer seeig Lindsey as SG have her skirt lifted up by some thugs would be a nice treat for us hehe!

Sounds an interesting project.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

rayman wrote:Christ I was 14 in 19784 LOL!
By my reckoning that means you haven't been born yet! And won't be for another 17,770 years!
:lol: ;)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
HeroineTard
Sargeant
Sargeant

sgz6 wrote:Well one thing I think hasn't really been done is when SG fell into the slime/quicksand scene. Now HL obviously that would only work if A) Lindsay was okay with doing it and B) the costume can take something like that without being ruined. But it would be nice to see SG walking along or maybe already weak from a fighting with a villainess and the badgirl throws her in there. She tries to get out but is too weak or the slime drains her energy.

Also you could take that shadow creature idea do it a bit more one on one with SG. There's a scene from the SG movie comic I'll attach with has SG battling a physical version of the shadow demon. You can dress one of your other actresses in some black, maybe ragged clothing to match the character in the scene. Their powers could be too much for your SG, warping her reality and messing with her powers.

Now for some non-SG84 movie ideas. What about a Parasite like character? They want to feed on SG energy and lure into a trap. SG doesn't figure it out at first, fighting the parasite who with each long hold (on the arms, some bearhugs, etc) seems to make SG weaker and weaker. By time she does figure it out the parasite is dominating the fight, sapping so much of SG's strength she helpless. Now for me I'd love to see her finished with chloroform KO but obviously that's not everybody's cup of tea.

Oh how I would love to see Supergirl fall into a slime pit!
Magneto
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

In the Phantom Zone scene I would like to see her in a fight with an opponent while she is powerless and has to be saved by the Zaltar character instead of the slime pit. The first encounter with the Shadow Demon on the school campus grounds is a must-be-included scene. And in the final battle while she is being crushed and defeated by the Power of Shadow controlled by Selena I would like to see Supergirl coughing up blood from being crushed and twisted by the monster.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:
rayman wrote:Christ I was 14 in 19784 LOL!
By my reckoning that means you haven't been born yet! And won't be for another 17,770 years!
:lol: ;)
Damn!! BUT if that is truly the case perhaps I iwl be able to go play in my own holosuite....*WEG*
But yu can drop the number 7 LOL! :w00t:
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
mike2
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

A slime pit might be more trouble than it's worth production-wise. But the water bucket stuff in "Cast of Shadows" was pretty effective, I thought. Can the heroine get increasingly soaked as the story progresses? The villain(ess) would claim to have a paralytic liquid that will immobilize the heroine. First, a hand or a foot gets wet, slowing her down and weakening her. Maybe she escapes and dries off a little before returning to face another dousing. I see some hand truck/dolly cart type things lying around in your backgrounds sometimes. Maybe have the seemingly frozen heroine loaded on to one of those and rolled off to be sold at auction (or whatever). But then she's accidentally left propped up in front of a mirror and uses her reflected heat vision to dry herself out. A few bottles of water or a hose (or that bathtub in "Delivery for the Queen") is probably cheaper than digging a pit, filling it with toothpaste, and dropping your model into it.

One thing I liked about the 1984 SG was the scene where she realizes her powerlessness in the Phantom Zone: she confidently tries to fly and lands on her face, picks up a rock but can't crush it, et cetera. It's not exactly a "peril," but having a weakened heroine strain to open a locked door or fail to fly is pretty cost effective. Just be sure to have a mattress or something under her when she crashes to the ground.
luckyginger121
Henchman
Henchman

Its gonna be hard to beat Rye's SG that came out a few years back. The one that coined "1984" in reference to the SG movie. That was one hell of a film!
supercrack
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

IMO, you need to fix the sleeves of the costume. They look too big for Lindsay and ruin the SG appearance for me.

As for perils, I would look at the Superman films instead of the Supergirl one, as it's been said before.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

supercrack wrote:IMO, you need to fix the sleeves of the costume. They look too big for Lindsay and ruin the SG appearance for me.

As for perils, I would look at the Superman films instead of the Supergirl one, as it's been said before.
That costume was made for a different girl. Alterations will be done prior to filming...
Supergirl is mine
Elder Member
Elder Member

Kryptonite weakening...this is gonna be awesome!!!!
RustedPeaces
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Drained powers from an attack by a villainess. Like a parasite or nuclear man situation.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

One thing I like is a "pile up" of knocked out heroines on the floor.Sort of one heroine slightly over another and so on.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Richpartist wrote:One thing I like is a "pile up" of knocked out heroines on the floor.Sort of one heroine slightly over another and so on.
Yeah! Me too!
Attachments
04024_still18aa_123_229lo.jpg
04024_still18aa_123_229lo.jpg (30.89 KiB) Viewed 5998 times
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

I'm also going to throw out there some sort of weakening cut or slash, like in SM IV. Lindsay is weakened by her evil double who slashes her with dark energy enthused nails. Along the same lines what about a poisoned kiss?
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Always loved this picture,but with all female heroines of course :)
ultragirl_22
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

would love a higher cut leotard
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:Always loved this picture,but with all female heroines of course :)
That's a great drawing. Putting that many actors in one shot/scene is just... A LOT of money.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

sgz6 wrote:I'm also going to throw out there some sort of weakening cut or slash, like in SM IV. Lindsay is weakened by her evil double who slashes her with dark energy enthused nails. Along the same lines what about a poisoned kiss?
We did the poison kiss in Shadowgirl, part 2 ;)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
Richpartist wrote:One thing I like is a "pile up" of knocked out heroines on the floor.Sort of one heroine slightly over another and so on.
Yeah! Me too!
We did this in Super vs Evil: Fighting the Poison, Transition to Darkness, & a few others...
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe just 2 or 3 heroines at the feet of 1 or 2? :) Its just a good look.It shows utter defeat and complete control over the heroines.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:Maybe just 2 or 3 heroines at the feet of 1 or 2? :) Its just a good look.It shows utter defeat and complete control over the heroines.
5 female actresses is EXPENSIVE. Wanna front the budget on that one? ;)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If I win the lottery or the publishers clearing house thing :) lol
Its a dream to have at least 4 actresses(heroines) piled up at my feet :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

At this point I'd be lucky to just get a partial custom :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Samantha(Orchid or Condor)Tiffany(Femme Fatale outfit)Kristie(Valor) and Heather(Vega) down and out at the feet of the lucky Valentine,with Mario coming in with Bridget(Allura) over his shoulder.Now THATS a video! :love:
Showing each heroine taken out,and added to the pile :)That's like a finale of a season or something.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

..and then when Lindsay(Tempest),Sophie(Sapphire)and Kristina come in to help,they get taken out too!! :)
MOT
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Hey Logan,

Feel free to post more production stills, can't wait for this one!
You're actress looks so good in that costume
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

MOT wrote:Hey Logan,

Production for this film is April 24-27 after Wonder-Con... we'll get some photos up as we film :)
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

HeroineLegends wrote:
MOT wrote:Hey Logan,

Production for this film is April 24-27 after Wonder-Con... we'll get some photos up as we film :)
Sweet, look forward to them! Hopefully you got some good ideas from this thread.
MOT
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Cool, you guys work so fast!

Another idea that I think would be quite good is maybe a producer would like to try and make Supergirl 1984 2 at some point.
In other words, what would a Hollywood sequel with Helen Slater have been like? I'd like to think shed have to fight another girl with similar powers.

For me my superheroine fetish is based around the pg-13 type of peril as well as supergirl being, well, super and powerful and around the fact that Helen slater looked so incredibly hot in that costume.

If only they would have made a sequel.

I feel so lucky there are producers around that could maybe make that happen and kind of already have!