Which character in Hollywood DC/Marvel are faithful to their original costume?

General discussions about superheroines!
spikeeagle2
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Was talking to a friend the other day, and we are talking about how Hollywood (not the actress Hollywood, but the mainstream media) had digest from their own character, a topic which comes up quite often in this group as well, that got me thinking, exactly how many Hollywood character from these Universe are really faithful to their original design?

I am looking for costume design that are similar to faithful to their original design, it does not need to be 1 to 1, which I think is impossible. But they follow the tract as it were in the comic. For example. I would say CW Supergirl (the earlier costume, not the last 2 or 3 season) are dedicate to their original design, or Olivia Munn Psylocke was faithful to the original design.
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

CW Flash's final suit and Reverse Flash's suit #2. John Wesley Shipp's Flash.
spikeeagle2
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

cannonfodder wrote:
1 week ago
CW Flash's final suit and Reverse Flash's suit #2. John Wesley Shipp's Flash.
probably should say this is about superheroine, pretty sure a lot of superhero (as in male) costume are very faithful to the original, the question stemmed from the age old feminist thing, how much they changed it to please the feminist?
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

spikeeagle2 wrote:
1 week ago
Was talking to a friend the other day, and we are talking about how Hollywood (not the actress Hollywood, but the mainstream media) had digest from their own character, a topic which comes up quite often in this group as well, that got me thinking, exactly how many Hollywood character from these Universe are really faithful to their original design?

I am looking for costume design that are similar to faithful to their original design, it does not need to be 1 to 1, which I think is impossible. But they follow the tract as it were in the comic. For example. I would say CW Supergirl (the earlier costume, not the last 2 or 3 season) are dedicate to their original design, or Olivia Munn Psylocke was faithful to the original design.
Depends how far back we are going:

Robert Downey's Iron Man armour is pretty good
Michael Keaton's Batman
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

Wanda's and Vision's Halloween costume in WandaVision. Black Widow's costume is hard to mess up.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

We talking about recent ones only or do Helen Slater's SG and Lynda Carter's WW costumes count?
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
spikeeagle2
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

brdiy wrote:
1 week ago
We talking about recent ones only or do Helen Slater's SG and Lynda Carter's WW costumes count?
Well, probably all of them, I think it started to see a trend if we count those costume in the 60s and 70s as well
PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

Olivia Munn will always have my respect for pushing for a more comic-faithful Psylocke than the bland black bodysuit they wanted to put her in. Shame we didn’t get more of her.

tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Sadly Oliiva just had a double mastectomy.
CIA
Sargeant
Sargeant

Alfred.
PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

tmon wrote:
4 days ago
Damn. Hope they completely removed the cancer and recovery is going well.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

PartsUnknown wrote:
4 days ago
tmon wrote:
4 days ago
Damn. Hope they completely removed the cancer and recovery is going well.
Me too.