Poser Pro 11

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Anyone upgraded to poser pro 11? I have it now and am trying the new renderer.Looks like it has some cool new bells and whistles but if its like 2012 it may have some rotten bugs. will keep people posted.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Still using previous version of poser pro, curious about new one.

Let me know how it goes. What models are in the default library?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It works. Have not had it crashed. Superfly renders way differently than firefly. They have new figures I believe are comparable to Daz's gen 3 but they all work with poser stuff.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Daz Gen 3 = Victoria 3?

o.O

That's an interesting turn of events, if so i might have to dust off my old V3 stuff.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kitten wrote:Daz Gen 3 = Victoria 3?

o.O

That's an interesting turn of events, if so i might have to dust off my old V3 stuff.
No smith micro's new characters I think are equivalent to gen 3. Daz makes vicky 3 not smith micro.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Think he means equivalent to Daz Genesis 3 figures, not Generation 3 (not Vicky 3). Seems Poser now finally has subdivision surfaces (at least for it's new figures, not for Daz's).
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:Think he means equivalent to Daz Genesis 3 figures, not Generation 3 (not Vicky 3). Seems Poser now finally has subdivision surfaces (at least for it's new figures, not for Daz's).
Subdivision was introduced in poser 2014 (poser 10). So its been there for a while. Yes genesis 3 not gen 3. Sorry for any confusion.

Though given the lackluster support for its previous models like Don and Judy I doubt these will catch on.

I'm not seeing anything stellar or different in 11. The library is uncomfortably slow. It could be they abandoned AIR for their interface system. Only thing different is the superfly renderer and that requires reconstructing all my models.
Lestatos
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hello, I started a few days ago to learning how to use Daz Studio 4.8
I believe I already passed the "dummie" phase, and I want to know if anyone can help me to find real good models, outfits, poses..

Mr. Bunny already helped me with some links like renderosity, daz3d.com and runtimedna.com. Also told me about renderotica.com for "naughty" stuff. I really liked daz site, but also too expensive. Renderosity i liked too, and the prices are better.

I want to know if there's any other good sites, principally like renderotica.

And for the second part, How is the best way to create a comic book page? Is there any tutorial that teach how to pic the render in Daz and transform in a good comic page?

Sry to bother with those questions, but I'm a big fan of Mr.X and Mr. Bunnyart work and I really wanted to start to do it something similar.

(Sry for the grammar mistakes..i'm from Brazil, and i'm working on my english.)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

For comic book pages I render everything at the same large size (preferably the width of the comic page) then use photoshop to do page setup. You don't have to render each frame to size. You can crop and scale the art later when you paste up the page.

Try Terrymg's page for some free cool costumes

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads. ... played=Yes
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

It's for an older Poser 9, but i'm wondering if it might work on more recent posers too. The application should be the same, since the Daz software is doing all the work.

I hate using Daz, but i've been asked to do commissions using G1 and G2 only stuff. When i have some time i want to try this out but i havent had time for all sorts of reason i'll spare you from hearing. If you have time try it out and let me know how it works for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDYEvSb7jQs
Lestatos
Neophyte
Neophyte

Thanks for both of you. I will have take a look and I'll keep you guys advised about any improvement..xD

And I hope soon share some stuffs with you!

Thanks a lot.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

For the record the Victory 7 is Genesis 3. So far it looks like at least the first set of Gen 3 models will be labeled sevens.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

The library in Poser 11 is still buggy, even after this many months. I have encountered so many weird bugs in P11 that I've kept using PPro14, which is mostly stable as of its final SR (at least one crash bug remains).

I haven't tried the Superfly renderer. I never managed to convert some of my key materials to work with gamma correction, so I really can't begin porting my work to a physically accurate renderer. I need Firefly's tolerance of physically impossible shaders.

So far, all I really like about P11 over PPro14 is that Firefly renders are faster, and a few figurebuild bugs were fixed. I don't like the way P11 converts all FBM control dials in Body from valueParm to targetGeom. Overall, Poser 11 is a bit of a disappointment after P9 and P10, both of which represented a great deal of growth for Poser. It sort of seems like working on the Game Dev version for a year after the P10 release messed up the P11 preparations for them.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Philo Hunter wrote:For the record the Victory 7 is Genesis 3. So far it looks like at least the first set of Gen 3 models will be labeled sevens.
All of Daz's Vicky/Michael/etc. since V4/m4 have been modeled atop the genesis platform. Genesis 1 was terrible IMO, Genesis 2 was a step up, and as far as I'm concearned Genesis 3 is the best model ever produced. I can now shape bodies/faces/height whatever to make characters that all seem individual from one another, wheras any time I tried to make a 'character' with V4 for instance, there was always that residual 'Victoria 4' beneath the morphs that kept it looking like a completely unique caracter.

I've recently been forced to move from poser to Daz Studio..... and while there are certainly things I miss from Poser, I'm actually liking Daz a little more tbh.