Disney Board Fight

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bob Iger has brought in Walt's Children and Grandchildren to stay in power.

Very Ironic as self procliamed actvist for the poor , Abigail Disney was blasting him last year

Disney has been a creative dumpster fire for at least a decade, but this should be more entertaining than most Disney movies to watch.

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/disn ... os1&page=1
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago

Very Ironic as self procliamed actvist for the poor , Abigail Disney was blasting him last year

Disney has been a creative dumpster fire for at least a decade, but this should be more entertaining than most Disney movies to watch.

I am not sure what this fascination about Disney has been lately. From a superheroine stand point they have been carrying most of the water for the genre for a long time. The DCU has had its share of flops, also. The CW looks like they are abandoning the genre. Supergirl got pants and then cancelled. What joy should be extracted from this?
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 month ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago

I am not sure what this fascination about Disney has been lately. From a superheroine stand point they have been carrying most of the water for the genre for a long time. The DCU has had its share of flops, also. The CW looks like they are abandoning the genre. Supergirl got pants and then cancelled. What joy should be extracted from this?
As a Clownfish TV watcher , since they both used to work for Disney I enjoy them explaining what is going on and trashing them.

I do want anew board, if no other reason that none of them wewre associated with Kathleeen Kennedy who destroyed my beloved Star Wars
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

In a surprise to me. George Lucas is supporting Iger.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago
Better the devil you know ....

At least Lucas knows what he can expect from Iger's Disney.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
1 month ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago
Better the devil you know ....

At least Lucas knows what he can expect from Iger's Disney.
Maybe Iger said he would fire everyone who destroyed Star Wars, but the Disney kids were all trashing Iger last year
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Looks like Capt America 4 isn't doing well.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 month ago
Looks like Capt America 4 isn't doing well.
They deserve it since they are writing out Sabra
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

On a related issue

Desantis beat Disney on Reidy Creek

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well in my mind

The bad guys won.

The shareholders decided to reward the board that destroyed Star Wars, Raiders and made Disney World too expensive for most people

I didn't add DR Who because that was already ruined but they are making it worse.
phopho
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago
I don't blame them for writing out Sabra at all with all the money tied up in these things. These massive blockbusters try to be apolitical and risk averse. Their ideal situation would be something like the Top Gun sequel where everything is very vague or the Avengers movies where they fight against nonhuman villains.

Sabra will not make anyone happy. There's literally no way to do her that won't offend much of the audience. If she's a sexy babe in a tight costume, a savage fighter, kind & compassionate. if she's a hero, a villain or neutral. If she's perfect, if she's flawed. Honestly there's no direction that won't cause them trouble.

You all are lucky I'm not running it. I'd bring in Diamondback (Gigi Dolin) then add Mother Night, Snapdragon, Black Mamba, Asp & Viper.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

phopho wrote:
3 weeks ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago
I don't blame them for writing out Sabra at all with all the money tied up in these things. These massive blockbusters try to be apolitical and risk averse. Their ideal situation would be something like the Top Gun sequel where everything is very vague or the Avengers movies where they fight against nonhuman villains.

Sabra will not make anyone happy. There's literally no way to do her that won't offend much of the audience. If she's a sexy babe in a tight costume, a savage fighter, kind & compassionate. if she's a hero, a villain or neutral. If she's perfect, if she's flawed. Honestly there's no direction that won't cause them trouble.

You all are lucky I'm not running it. I'd bring in Diamondback (Gigi Dolin) then add Mother Night, Snapdragon, Black Mamba, Asp & Viper.
Considering all the other ethnic groups they have done , they can have at least 1 Jewish superhero
phopho
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 weeks ago
phopho wrote:
3 weeks ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago

Considering all the other ethnic groups they have done , they can have at least 1 Jewish superhero
The issue isn't that she's Jewish. They just cast Ben Grimm. The problem is that she's Israeli, wears the Israeli flag and works for the Israeli military at a time when that's more divisive than ever before. Pro-Israel audiences would be mad too if they used her original storyline where she calls the Hulk a terrorist and in a fight with him a Palestinian boy is shot and killed, making her reconsider her(/Israel's) militarism etc. There's just a lot of mines to step in and remember, this is the company that took the Nazis out of the first Captain America.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

phopho wrote:
3 weeks ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 weeks ago
phopho wrote:
3 weeks ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago

The issue isn't that she's Jewish. They just cast Ben Grimm. The problem is that she's Israeli, wears the Israeli flag and works for the Israeli military at a time when that's more divisive than ever before. Pro-Israel audiences would be mad too if they used her original storyline where she calls the Hulk a terrorist and in a fight with him a Palestinian boy is shot and killed, making her reconsider her(/Israel's) militarism etc. There's just a lot of mines to step in and remember, this is the company that took the Nazis out of the first Captain America.
No one thinks of Ben Grimm as being Jewish the closest was the X men movies with Magneto being a concentration camp survivor

You can have be the Israeli version of Black Widow, but you are right Marvel can't have the anti-Semites up in arms