Changes To The Forum

Info regarding this website!
admin

Hey everyone,

Thought I would take a sec and let you know that , no your computer is not playing tricks, we have a temporary new look to the forum while I am updating files.

I know, I hate it too, but it's Temporary

However, once it's all done we will have some great new features that I will tell you about in this thread as I compile them. Trust me, these changes were a long time coming and the code is really cleaned up....

One of the first features that I can tell you about is the attachments/picture uploads! No you can just shift click and load multiple files at once, no more pain in the ass, one at a time, blah blah blah wait for the upload BS. So if you've got 10 pics to upload, it's lightning fast! :beer2:

More to come as I pick through the feature list. That's it for now, and once again,

It's Temporary!!!

Also, it works great on phones and Tablets and it's easier for me to code now, which is another huge plus. :yahoo:

OK, carry on, any concerns,issues or errors post them here.

Oh yhea, there's an added contact page in case you want to harass the admins. :whistle:
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

A little advanced notice that this change was going to happen would have been nice.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

OMG it's so ugly, please make it stop! :-p
admin

Temporary!
admin

I think by next week we'll have some changes back to what we had originally.... No pain, no gain :)
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Thanks for all that you do! A little pain is worth putting up with for an enhanced experience on the best forum in the genre! :)

Blue
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

WOW-Girl wrote:For Christ Sake when this torture is gonna end ?
I agree. I can't stand this format. And also..what happened to the pictures/photo gallery section on the forum?
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

(In fetal position on the floor)Make it stop.......makeit stop.......... :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

C'mon chaps and chap-esses. Patience is a virtue.

It'll be done when its done and right when its right.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
admin

There will be some noticeable improvements to the forum over the weekend, as we start getting back to the other style that we had. I really don't want to say too much but I really think you're going to like how this all pans out.

MH
AnastasiaPierce
Producer
Producer

oops ignore my e-mail! I too was surprised by the change. So glad my computer is not playing tricks on me. Can't wait to see how it's going to look!
Impatient and excited. I love this forum!!!!
xoxo
Anastasia
Lots of Love, Your Wonder Amazon
Anastasia

Super Heroine Clips:
http:www.AnastasiaClips.com

Movies VOD - http://www.HeroineCentral.com
Official Site - http://www.AnastasiaPierce.com
DVD Store - http://www.AnastasiaStore.com
admin

Hey everyone,

I have started working on a temporary solution to the forum style and I wanted to make it available to you all. It is a dark style that you might be more comfortable with, but it's a work in progress. So every day it will look a little different, but the feel will be the same.

You can activate this theme by clicking your name in the top right, choose USER CONTROL PANEL then click the BOARD PREFERENCES tab and on that page, your fifth choice will be MY BOARD STYLE. Select SuperheroineFormDark and you will get the dark style that I am working on. I only have about an hour a day to work on it, so glaring differences will probably be resolved in a week. If there is something that really seems out of whack, you can let me know.

Shortcut

USER CONTROL PANEL >> BOARD PREFERENCES >> MY BOARD STYLE >> switch to SuperheroineForumDark

I realize there are some parts that are still blue colored and I'll get to them as I have time.

This should make life a little easier until we get our old style back!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Not sure how much more of this I can take. :-P
Last edited by TIEnTEEZ 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

BTW, I tried the new theme, but when replying to a post, the text is dark gray on a black background and is nearly unreadable. :)
admin

Thanks. Fixed.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

They do say it's a temporary solution 3 or 4 posts up.(start of the instruction post to turn it dark)

Good things come to those who wait

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

The dark theme strains the eyes much less than that bright silver, so many thanks for the update.
admin

There are a bunch of things that still need to be fixed, but it will work for now, I agree. Im aware some of the text isn't lining up correctly and the colors are still off, but I only work on it for a couple of hours a day.

The new style is still being sorted out. About another week, apparently.
admin

I also realize some of the font sizes are too small I will get that done by end of the day.
redmanx
Henchman
Henchman

This is the best place on the web or anywhere else for Superheroine stuff and you do a fabulous job for us; yes, the current format is not good but its only temporary; I'm surprized people cant be more patient.
admin

redmanx wrote:This is the best place on the web or anywhere else for Superheroine stuff and you do a fabulous job for us; yes, the current format is not good but its only temporary; I'm surprized people cant be more patient.

Thank you, redmanx!

I wanted to point out that external links now open up in their own window. Internal links, (Links to other parts of the forum) will not.

Hope you all like this new feature. Any issues please post in forum technical support.

http://www.superheroineforum.com/viewforum.php?f=62
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Nice touch with those little icons for each section ^^
AnastasiaPierce
Producer
Producer

Looking good! I like the thumbsnail next to the updates.
The font size is perfect for reading on the go on electronic devices (phone/tablets)

Will you be posting banners at the top like before or is the square format staying with previews of new clips?
Working on several new updates and I would like to prep the best views possible, thank you!
Great Job again
Xo
Anastasia
Lots of Love, Your Wonder Amazon
Anastasia

Super Heroine Clips:
http:www.AnastasiaClips.com

Movies VOD - http://www.HeroineCentral.com
Official Site - http://www.AnastasiaPierce.com
DVD Store - http://www.AnastasiaStore.com
admin

The banners are definitely coming back. I think in about a week we should have it. The dark style is going to need several weeks of coding to convert it to the new board style.

Readability on phones and tablets was one of the reasons I made the quick switch. Everyone should see progress in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Just a heads up in case you didnt know but when you click on a user profile, whilst the stats come up for date joined, last visited etc the descriptions of what stat is what arent visible.
(not bothered in the slightest myself just pointing it out)

rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I know it is a work in progres but DAMN!!! I am longing for the old layout back.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Have you done the Board Preferences change, Rayman as described by Admin on 12 Nov above?

You can put it to a dark setting and it's ok. (WAY better that the standard blue-grey)

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I know there's a switch where we can get a notification if a thread is updated but is there a way to totally ignore a thread.
lordgriffin
Sargeant
Sargeant

I am not sure this is the correct place to post this, as I am relatively new at "Delurking" so I apologies in advance if I am in the wrong forum.

I really do appreciate the ADMIN's stance on non censorship here, and I will first say Thank you, and second say, I mention this to maybe see if we can improve the site.

The Admin recently put one of me threads up as a "sticky" so it remains at the top (Of the stories section)...which I am flattered BTW. A couple things strikes me...

First off, my threads got clumped into it (My fault I didn't understand how to use it) being unable to edit pose order, posts are duplicated,, out of order and confusing (I think) Is there a better way?

Next even if the posts were straightened out....A sticky may be "At the top" but how does a reader realize I have posed a new SECTION, among any replies that are between the sections? (am I making any sense?)
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see SG made some changes for you. Did that fix what you wanted? Or do we need to create a subforum? The reader knows that a new section has been posted by the icon on the left.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Can you do something with the colours in the message writing and posting box? Grey or whatever it is on a white background makes it invisible. I have to tilt my laptop screen to a crazy flat angle just to see what I am writing.

Or is there a setting I need to tweak that I have missed?