Death to Super Mutants

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
sstone72
Neophyte
Neophyte

<Acros Future Weapons Research Facility>

The Acros Future Weapons and Research facility straddling the Canadian-American border was built in a shallow valley of the rolling hills, surrounded by the thick tall pine trees. The top secret building, built in a joint agreement by both governments, appeared brightly lit in the dark, moonless night. Laying on the side of the hill overlooking the facility, she scanned the lobby in the night scope of the gas powered cross bow. Taking a shallow breath, her aim completely steady, she squeezed the trigger slowly and felt the titanium arrow leap forward and disappear into the night. The bolt quickly gained high velocity speed, silently passing over the electrified fence and black clad government security forces patrolling the facility grounds. Nearing the front glass doors, a red laser beam appeared from the tip of the high speed arrow and quickly began to heat up the glass of the front door causing a small stream of liquid glass to begin streaming down the crystal clear glass to create a nice small hole for the arrow to zip through unharmed.

His hot cup of coffee stopped moving towards his lips and a slight frown on formed on lips as the guard noticed the strange site of the liquid glass streaming down his recently polished glass doors. A look of surprise and shock suddenly appeared on his face as coffee cup suddenly flew up into the air covering his uniform with the hot liquid as the shaft, moving too fast for his eyes to follow suddenly buried itself into the 6 inch thick bullet proof glass, the head of the sharp arrow sticking all the way through the glass and stopping inches from his nose.

A look of shock and dismay on his face, his eyes, locked on the tip of shaft, just inches from his face, watched as a brass canister in the middle of the arrow unscrewed quickly and slide back. Suddenly, night became day as a brilliant solid white light illuminated the lobby and like a rolling wall of brightness it begin moving outward into the night shattering the chrome and glass windows of the lobby. A scream formed on the guards lips as his hand, shot to his face, his fingers frantically grabbing for his eyes, and then a scream of terror filled the small booth as they slipped into the empty eye sockets where his eyes had once been.

The scream emitting from the guards booth in the lobby would never be heard since it was quickly drowned out by the screams coming from the security forces outside, as the brilliant white light rolled out into the night and over the facility grounds, and each of them, one by one dropped to the ground, screaming and clawing at their socket less eyes.

Slipping the strange looking, dark glasses off of her eyes as the last of the light dissolved, she muttered quietly to herself, "Damn, it worked", as her nimble fingers quickly inserted another arrow bolt with a small spider web thin cable attached to it. Again, bringing the bow to her shoulder, she carefully sighted it and pulled the trigger. In the now quiet lobby, there was only a small “thunk” as the arrow buried itself deep into the marble and steel support beam. Slinging the weapon across her shoulders, tied off the end of the thin cable to the tall pine tree beside her, hooked her belt clip to it, and quietly passed over the top of the security fence, across the grounds and into the lobby. At the last second, her black clad body rotated high into the air and landed with her arms stretched wide, head thrown back as if performing to an unseen audience.

The sound of her heels clicking smartly on the tiled floor, she crossed the glass strewn lobby and entered the elevator that descended deep into the solid granite bedrock. Finally, she stepped out into a small foyer deep under ground and made her way to a large stainless steel blast door and pulled a red stained cloth out of her vest. Opening it slowly, she pulled the severed hand out slowly and held it up in front of her, then placed it onto the hand scanner and smiled as the light turned green. Kissing the back of the hand, she muttered, "I do so love it when a man helps a lady", her thoughts briefly turning to the her dinner with the facility janitor last evening.

Slowly, the motors controlling the 12 huge door bolts slowly slide back, and the door slowly swung open. Stepping back from the security panel, a sharp pop of her weapon echoed over the walls of the room as the panel shattered and the door slowly shut behind her destroying the entry way into the steel, concrete and lead lined entrance to the facility they had name “The Hive.”

Catching a glimpse of herself in the shiny stainless steel walls, "not bad, very sexy" she smiled, her dark hair pulled back in a pony tail, the skin tight leather suit hugging her firm, tanned and toned body. The black Kevlar lined weapons vest stopping just above her trim hips and black leather high heeled boots shone in the polished steel. Then, her sharp heeled boots once again clicked on the tile floor as her thoughts return to business at hand.

The Hive, built deep underground in the granite rock, made of titanium, stainless steel, concrete and lead, according to the diagrams the janitor had provided her, was the most secure facility that both governments could design. It could take a direct nuclear strike and not even shake the liquid in glass sitting in one of the break rooms.

"Fools" she muttered to herself, "they dont know what they have here, what is kept in this facility", she thought to herself as she walked down the shinning hallway. Chaos, soon, the world would know complete and utter chaos. Chuckling to herself, as she gracefully moved down the hallway to the stainless steel door of lab 1408.

Once again, she placed the janitors hand on the scanner and then tossed it aside as the door slid silently open and she walked into the room. Her hazel eyes opened wide, her body bathed in a blue neon glow that brightly surrounded her body, "OMG, it IS true, the rule of the Super pestilence on this planet is now finished, once and for all". Stepping into the room, the door closed silently behind her.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

An interesting start. No name for this antagonist yet? Secretive!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It is a nice, interesting start but I wonder if this isn't a dungeon story?

A few things didn't quite work for me - the speed of the arrow to the laser deploying to the glass melting to the security guard spotting the liquid glass - its fractions of a second in reality needed - it just doesn't quite scan. (its a nice concept though)
Also I can't see how you can have a 'now quiet lobby' when presumably the alarms would have gone off and the guards would still be screaming?

But thats just me being an anal dick for continuity.

Nicely written and good description of the protagonist (which is something I never do very well) and as Doc said an interesting start.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).