Spiderwebs (Dawnstar Productions)

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Spiderwebs
spiderwebs.wmv_snapshot_16.22_[2015.07.05_16.12.14] - Copy.jpg
spiderwebs.wmv_snapshot_16.22_[2015.07.05_16.12.14] - Copy.jpg (44.44 KiB) Viewed 7063 times
This was my first superheroine vid that I bought a long time ago and it’s what got me into the whole superheroine parody series that many producers are famous for. I just had to give this one a little T.L.C. of a review because it was so damned good.

Plot: L.A.W. member British Knight has been investigating murders of some of England’s wealthiest middle-aged men and the criteria of the killings all fit the same m.o.: they were seen in the company of a lovely red-headed woman and died after making love to said woman. British Knight automatically recognizes this m.o. of the murderous assassin Black Widow and is determined to bring her down. What British Knight doesn’t know is that she’s nothing more than a fly that has flown too close to the spider’s web. And when the sapphic Black Widow comes out to feast, British Knight may be her main course…

Pros:
-Oh, where do I begin? Well, let me just say first that the script for this story was a stroke of genius and a true work of art. The writer of this masterpiece really put a lot of thought into the story and it was a great deal of fun to watch. You don’t see too many productions nowadays with this level of ingenuity.
-Leah Hanes, the film’s lead played the part of British Knight well. You can’t help but feel for her character when she goes into the room because you know there’s a chance she may not walk away from this encounter. British Knight feels almost like a rookie in this story whose about to go up against a veteran villainess.
-Kara Smithfield is the true star of this masterpiece! Her performance as Black Widow was sensual and tantalizing at the same time, I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. Her character was cocky and a little arrogant, but very lustful.
-British Knight’s leotard costume and gadgets were a treat to behold. Black Widow’s costume was erotic from head to toe and she and British Knight even get to take their boots off before they face each other.
-Loved the traps that were laid out in the story from gooey floor tiles to a giant magnet to secure items of a metallic nature all make Black Widow’s hideout a place where intruders should tread softly and with caution.
-The giant web that Black Widow tosses British Knight into was a nice touch and there’s even a scene were B.K. is unmasked too.
-Black Widow’s coming on to British Knight was hot too. My blood started pumping as she got closer to B.K. and I was thinking, ‘oh man, what is she gonna do next?’
-Good interrogation scene between Black Widow and British Knight later after B.K. is drugged.
-But the real sweet tooth to this story: the kiss between Black Widow and British Knight. That was the icing on the cake for me and it was delicious. Black Widow started off with a forceful kiss (shown twice, each with a different camera view), merely to drug British Knight with her special truth serum lipstick and then again to put B.K. under her ‘love spell’ forever and ever. Simply put, the kiss scene was the selling point of this vid for me and it was worth the purchase.

Cons:
-No real cons here except that song that was playing at the end of the vid. I was like ‘ugh! Who chose this music? That’s not a good way to end the scene with a love ballad like that.’ LOL!

Final Outcome
Dawnstar, the producer of Dawnstar’s Superheroines, really struck gold with this masterpiece. I’ll bet he/she has gotten tons of requests from fans to continue this storyline with Kara and Leah and personally, I think they should. The ending was a little ambiguous and it definitely leaves things open for another story to be done. If Dawnstar does continue this story, I hope he has Kara Smithfield reprise her role as Black Widow…she did the part a great deal of justice.
On a scale from one to ten, I give Spiderwebs…a whopping big 11! And this is a story that I would prescribe to viewers.
*Dawnstar, keep up the good work.
Last edited by Doctor Outcome 8 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Thanks for the review. SPIDERWEBS takes me back. I think that was shot in 2007. Leah Hanes still looks AMAZING these days in her early 30's (see attached photos) and now she's doing television these days (but I've heard she does pantyhose and foot fetish modeling and kink videos up in Brooklyn with her sister-in-law and a few other people on the side as a way to make ends meet.)

I try to keep in touch with her but she doesn't come into town unless it's to see her family. I miss her very much, and she was always down for just about anything I threw at her.

I must have gotten at least thirty or forty emails when she moved away in 2009. I'm glad she's still in fetish though, just a different sort of thing. I wish her well with the TV work, she had a huge following with the fans. She was the only person who got so many tribute gifts for Christmas that I had to rent a van just to bring them all to her back in the day lol.
Attachments
leah_05.jpg
leah_05.jpg (124.14 KiB) Viewed 6939 times
leah_02.jpg
leah_02.jpg (88.5 KiB) Viewed 6939 times
leah_03.jpg
leah_03.jpg (131.32 KiB) Viewed 6939 times
leah_04.jpg
leah_04.jpg (100.49 KiB) Viewed 6939 times
leah_01.jpg
leah_01.jpg (397.68 KiB) Viewed 6939 times
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Also, sorry about that final song on the video. It was by Kara Smithfield's request (it was her favorite at the time.)
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Shakeshift wrote:Also, sorry about that final song on the video. It was by Kara Smithfield's request (it was her favorite at the time.)
LOL! No problems here, Shakeshift. It's nice to know that Leah has moved up in the performance sector of things, but it's a shame that she's not still part of the Dawnstar entourage.

Though it was fun to see Leah, Kara was the *real* reason that I purchased that vid. Her portrayal of Black Widow was very sensual. I'm curious to know how she's doing.

I'm curious to know if you've gotten any requests to continue that storyline. If you have, you really should bring Kara back to play Black Widow again.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
dcrittall
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

One of the first videos i was really keen to buy and it didnt disappoint. Kara was just awesome. Is she still working?
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Kara lives a half block from me, but she's in retirement for now. She has a classified government clearance so she can't do any work for the time being.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Shakeshift wrote:Kara lives a half block from me, but she's in retirement for now. She has a classified government clearance so she can't do any work for the time being.
Really? Awwww man. That's a shame...I really want to see her play this character again. I don't know if there's anyone else around who can fill the void that Kara left. She was oh so great at this part...hell, this Black Widow should've had more stories surrounding her. I don't know what I would give in order to see her play this part again.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Well, there's nothing any of us can do. The decision is not up to the fans, or to me. The decision is up to the model.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Shakeshift wrote:Well, there's nothing any of us can do. The decision is not up to the fans, or to me. The decision is up to the model.
Ouch. Ah well, like the song goes, 'C'est la vie'. I am curious to know if there's any other fetish model who has a costume like Kara's though...it was really sensual.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

I still have the entire costume. I'm sure it's hanging on a coathanger in my storage locker with about 100 other costumes. I never threw it away because I intended to make a series out of it. It just never really materialized. C'est la vie.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Shakeshift wrote:I still have the entire costume. I'm sure it's hanging on a coathanger in my storage locker with about 100 other costumes. I never threw it away because I intended to make a series out of it. It just never really materialized. C'est la vie.
You still have the opportunity, Shakeshift. Nothing can stop you, I can assure you. Katherine Trayburn would be an excellent candidate to fill Kara's shoes. If you need help putting together a script, I'm willing to assist you in that section.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

While I like Katherine very much and she's a talented performer, Kathy's the wrong person for that sort of script. The spider motif is something that can turn into parody if not handled properly. That video was done in 2007, over eight years ago, and there are so many other projects more deserving of a revamp.
dcrittall
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

This video doesnt need a revamp. It was perfect as it is. As for Kara well just let her know her fans miss her and appreciate all her great work.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

I see her all the time, I'll let her know.
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Shakeshift wrote:Kara lives a half block from me, but she's in retirement for now. She has a classified government clearance so she can't do any work for the time being.

What is it with you and these gals with the 'classified' jobs Jack? LOL!

Julie Chesterfield left due to her job and the ramifications that the exposure of her fetish modeling could create, and now Kara. :laugh: Are you still in Richmond? You might want to get back to Minnesota. You might hold onto the gals longer. :lol:
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

GMan2 wrote:

What is it with you and these gals with the 'classified' jobs Jack? LOL!

Julie Chesterfield left due to her job and the ramifications that the exposure of her fetish modeling could create, and now Kara. :laugh: Are you still in Richmond? You might want to get back to Minnesota. You might hold onto the gals longer. :lol:
I had the same sentiment, GMan2. I heard Julia left because she was pregnant and Amanda had found a full-time job doing something else so given their busy schedules they were unable to participate in anymore superhero vids. Which is a shame because they're both very talented people.

I hope Kara knows she's got a fanbase going with this Black Widow character. I still believe some stories can be made with this character, but I'm not sure if it'll work without Kara. Either way, they need to give it a shot and see where it goes.