Cat's-Eye Diamond - Christina Carter

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Well, Ms. Carter has gained quite a reputation for herself as one of the finest producers and actresses in the superheroine fetish genre, and for the most part, I would say that it's well-deserved. This first entry in one of her studio's flagships (last I checked, they were on Number Seven) had its rough spots, but overall, it's one of the rare videos I might watch again in my spare time.

Now, the Good:

* Christina Carter and Emily Addison are truly goddesses among women. Their respective Catwoman and Batgirl are quite possibly the sexiest women I've seen in one of these videos. And even better, they're not all looks - toward the video's end especially, they put quite a lot of effort into conveying their emotion.
* The titular jewel is quite a convincing prop, especially by the standards of the genre.
* Hypnosis plus lesbianism is always an instant win in my book, to say nothing of how Catwoman plans to have Batgirl help her capture an entire army of super slaves...
* The background music may turn some people off, but I loved it.
* The editing is competent at the bare minimum, and the close-ups were perfect.
* The part where Catwoman taunts Batgirl about essentially being a peeping tom was spot on.

The Bad:

* I mean no offense to Christina or whoever writes these things, but the dirty talk is ridiculously repetitive. More than half of Catwoman's dialogue seems to consist of repeating "bad" and "Batgirl" over and over, which got old real quickly. I know story (what little there is) tends to be of secondary concern in these videos, but a little variety could've been nice.
* The costumes are almost perfect, but I would've liked Batgirl's costume to be a little more... innocent. In my opinion, it's more fun when the heroine is this prudish (if spunky) and totally inexperienced girl who has to be coaxed/forced into the Dark Side by the big bad villainess. The low cut on Emily's Batgirl costume isn't really conductive to that, and it's not faithful to the comics/Adam West show anyhow.
** On that note, some more resistance from Batgirl would've been nice. Make the contrast between her "heroine" persona and her ultimately corrupted persona that much clearer.
* I didn't really see the point in having Catwoman get hypnotized by the diamond too. It didn't really contribute anything to the story, and all it did was detract from her presence as the all-powerful villainess.
* No unmasking of BG. Boo!
* We're getting into purely personal territory here, but I'd have loved to see Catwoman "domme" Batgirl a little more, perhaps with a strap-on or making BG lick her boots. As-is, both girls seem too much like ordinary lesbian lovers rather than evil supervillainess and brainwashed, helpless heroine. I'd take this over the brutality of Breaking Batgirl any day, though.

Inna Final Analysis:

8.5/10

I certainly look forward to reviewing the next entries in the series.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like Christina's work as well, but I don't think Cats Eyes is her best work. Her Wonder Woman parody is better and you can see better fighting sequence in other work with Emily Addison, Candle Boxxx and Diana Knight.

Some of her Batgirl/Catwoman also has the rare (and something I enjoy) Batgirl dominating Catwoman.

As far as this series. I think after part 4 where Catwoman is replaced by Black Cat is loses it's way.

7 out of 10
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Pretty sure the whole CED series are custom commissions. So Christina may not be entirely responsible for the content or the dialog. :)