Copyright Infringement Question

Get latest info and chat with your favorite producers!
daphne
Producer
Producer

Hey all - so I just received a copyright letter from Tumblr for my She Hulk release that we just released, from a Jason Christopher ( Crane Productions, Inc ) has anyone else dealt with this in the Superheroine series?
My images were flagged and taken down, and that's a first for us, and I see thousands of movies of Wonder Woman , Supergirl, Batgirl etc.

Is this some Joe Blow just fucking with us?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Does he have a DMCA form he submitted? Does he OWN She Hulk and the rights to the character? Did he contact you directly or was this Tumblr? Given the video is a parody I think the guy is full of it and probably has no authority at all. I deal with submitting DCMA's all the time. I has to supply my name, address, where the stolen material is from etc.

You apparently can't do anything about the Tumblr stuff since its Tuimblr that yanked it but unless the guy PROVES he owns that character then he has no claim.

For example I could file a DCMA against you if you used Ms. Americana cause I can prove I own that character.
daphne
Producer
Producer

All I got was the notification via Tumblr and they took down my images.
I did file a counter DMCA notification, so let's see where that goes.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

We got contacted by someone claiming to be a DC lawyer demanding we pull down some video in our pay site. The character didn't even look like Wonder Woman. She had pants for example.

I just don't know how these other sites have clear WW suits and Super Girl logos on their costumes and not get DMCA notices. My guess is they ignore them cause this would be a bigger issue if it were true. This could also be another vendor merely trying to get your stuff yanked. Note tumblr is also full of wack job feminists so it could be one of them. Its like the people who go around you tube getting offended and getting all the vendor promo videos pulled down.