Spider Woman pregnant.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/29/ ... eloctober/

So apparently this is happening. Oh and say goodbye to the red suit.

Mediocre superheroines coming to a comic book near you.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Is she gonna lay a white eggsack and have a gazillion offspring?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Dave
Sargeant
Sargeant

So I guess superheroines don't get maternity leave? Gotta wonder about these writers sometimes. Just how foolish would this woman be to go out and fight crime while pregnant, a job that I am pretty sure she isn't getting paid to do anyways...
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

This ought to make Lord Griffin's day. He's been wanting to see a Superheroine knocked up and he's got one at last. However, it's because it forces them OUT of the business, and not this craziness! Sheesh!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

ok that is total crap on all sorts of levels, and that outfit is straight garbage.

ok X, its up to you now buddy, you are gonna be the only one left doing the red suit justice now,,gotta keep the suit alive,,,,and didn't your venom knock her up already?

in the best way EVER!

is marvel just sabotaging the comics since the movies are making so much money?
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

Didn't she already have a kid with Luke Cage? And isn't that the reason Squirrel Girl is an main Avenger?
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Sigh. Whatever happened to good art and good stories?
I get the attempt to further characterize the heroes and heroines, but this just comes across as lame.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Comic books no longer generate any useful revenue. They are basically copyright holding mechanisms, nothing more. Its the movies that generate the revenue so now the comic book publishers don't really care about their audience since that's not their milk cow. So they don't need to cater to fans or give fans what they wanted.

Lets face it, if fans mattered then they would put whatever would please them in comics. Instead they fill comics with SJW nonsense cause its not an important revenue stream anymore.

Its similar to movies making plots to introduce characters to sell toys vs making good movies.

So expect more of this. They don't care about fans or that revenue stream any longer.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

I have to agree - at least partially - with that. The big companies having no financial stakes in comics isn't an inherently bad thing, since in theory it could give writers more artistic freedom, but... the problem is that the current crop of writers suck.

Or maybe we're just getting out of touch... :hmm:
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Besides in a few years the whole idea will get ret-conned away unless it does well.
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Interesting read regarding marvel studios

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yup comics are just copyright holders at this point and don't care about keeping audiences. Its all about the movies now.

That's why I laugh when some SJW says comics better cater to women. There is no secret demographic of women that will magically flood comics with money. And it wouldn't matter anyway. Marvel and DC aren't going to spend time on such a tiny market.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Omega Woman wrote:I have to agree - at least partially - with that. The big companies having no financial stakes in comics isn't an inherently bad thing, since in theory it could give writers more artistic freedom, but... the problem is that the current crop of writers suck.

Or maybe we're just getting out of touch... :hmm:
The BBC disc jockey John Peel once said (something to the tune of) that the biggest threat to innovative and new music is the fans.

I think the same applies here (and I caught myself doing this 5 minutes ago) where people get a bit annoyed that the artist/writer has changed their character to reflect that it's not 1960s or 1980s or 2000s anymore and the character has to adapt to stay relevant.

I get that the comic line is small fry for marvel vs movies and merchandise, but I suspect it is not entirely inconsequential and there are some great writers right now Keiron Gillan, Mark Millar, Kelly Sue Deconnick and Dan Abnett (he's still writing right?)
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I... I just... they... we... there's so many things wrong with this!

It's not that Spider-Woman shouldn't get pregnant alright? She's got friggin pharamone powers. In all liklihood she's probably having more sex than most other superheroes off screen (so to speak)... but a superhero sure as fuck wouldn't be out fighting crime... PREGNANT! It's irresponsible as a parent... its bloody dangerous x10 as a superhero all trying to adapt to all the changes that are happening in your body while you are Pregnant. She'd wait it out... not because it's 'sexist' or whatever if she does, but because she'd be an IDIOT not to, and if she didn't wait it out she'd be doing the equivalent of Michal Jackson hanging his baby over the edge of the balcony. 'Parent by day' still means 'Parent by night' EVEN if your also a Hero by night... so writers, artists, if your gonna do it. Don't linger on it. Pregnancy is a short period, and do it right! Superheroes deserve maternity leave probably more than anyone else.
ao3979
Neophyte
Neophyte

Marvel already ran this type of storyline into the ground with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage during the Alias miniseries and Civil War. But then Marvel hasn't helped this by the recent Spider Verse arc with bringing the dead back to life and throwing them all into a single universe.

And is Hawkeye supposed to be the father? Seems they were having a something in recent books.