Wonder Woman 3 with Gal Gadot may be back on.

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

While she was doing publicity for this month's Heart of Stone release on Netflix, Gal Gadot has said that she is going to do a third Wonder Woman movie with James Gunn and Peter Saffron.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/gal-g ... -dc-films/

It sounds like the movie is still in its very early stages, but the fact that it is moving forward is welcome news. It is officially listed on Gal Gadot's IMDB as "In Production."

Gal Gadot has six other upcoming projects listed on her IMDB, so no idea when she would be free to film this.

No idea if Lynda Carter will still be in it.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Posted about Wonder Woman 3 four days ago.

https://www.superheroineforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=37402
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I haven't seen any of these. I just learn about them through Red Letter Media and forum arguments here.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Lurkndog wrote:
8 months ago
While she was doing publicity for this month's Heart of Stone release on Netflix, Gal Gadot has said that she is going to do a third Wonder Woman movie with James Gunn and Peter Saffron.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/gal-g ... -dc-films/

It sounds like the movie is still in its very early stages, but the fact that it is moving forward is welcome news. It is officially listed on Gal Gadot's IMDB as "In Production."

Gal Gadot has six other upcoming projects listed on her IMDB, so no idea when she would be free to film this.

No idea if Lynda Carter will still be in it.
It's welcome news if it is more like the first and less like the second.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yeah, the first one was definitely better.

Question: Chris Pine or no Chris Pine?

I love Pine and Gadot's chemistry, would love to see them make a non-DC picture together, but at this point they've done "Steve is dead" in two movies, and the second time was a real mess. I would be okay without the romantic subplot, particularly if they are trying to do something big instead like using Wonder Woman 3 to lead into Justice League 2.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Don't get your hopes up.
Is a third “Wonder Woman” movie on the way from Warner Bros. and DC Studios? Not quite.

Despite recent comments from Gal Gadot claiming DC heads James Gunn and Peter Safran told her they would develop “Wonder Woman 3” together, sources with knowledge of the situation tell Variety that is not the case. According to the sources, a third “Wonder Woman” film is not in development at DC Studios nor do Gunn and Safran have plans at this time for any “Wonder Woman” project in the new DC Universe other than their previously announced “Paradise Lost” prequel series for Max.
The sources added to Variety that nothing was ever promised to Gadot regarding “Wonder Woman 3,” nor was there any definitive discussion of Gadot’s Wonder Woman continuing with the new DC Universe. Gunn and Safran gave a presentation at the start of the year unveiling the first titles in their new DC Universe, including “Superman: Legacy,” and they continue to be laser focused on these new films.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe Ryan Reynold's studio could do a diet Wonder Woman movie with a similar made up character. He got Gal Gadot for he other movie so why not for some super heroine thing.
spandex4fun
Sargeant
Sargeant

Well, that’s confusing.
Nykron wrote:
8 months ago
Don't get your hopes up.
Is a third “Wonder Woman” movie on the way from Warner Bros. and DC Studios? Not quite.

Despite recent comments from Gal Gadot claiming DC heads James Gunn and Peter Safran told her they would develop “Wonder Woman 3” together, sources with knowledge of the situation tell Variety that is not the case. According to the sources, a third “Wonder Woman” film is not in development at DC Studios nor do Gunn and Safran have plans at this time for any “Wonder Woman” project in the new DC Universe other than their previously announced “Paradise Lost” prequel series for Max.
The sources added to Variety that nothing was ever promised to Gadot regarding “Wonder Woman 3,” nor was there any definitive discussion of Gadot’s Wonder Woman continuing with the new DC Universe. Gunn and Safran gave a presentation at the start of the year unveiling the first titles in their new DC Universe, including “Superman: Legacy,” and they continue to be laser focused on these new films.
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

She's gunna Hulk Leap everywhere.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I did love the diesel punk esthetic of the first WW movie. It’s unfortunate they are going to kick WW to the curb so they can do a retread of Superman…. I can’t wait to see his origin story take up the first 20 minutes of the film, again….

WW shows up in 1918 reappears in 1980 and now they are out of stories? They can’t find anything interesting in the 20th century? How about they toss her into WWII and get Fausta fighting her? Or commies in the 1930s or Atomic spies in the Cold War? Aliens?

It’s not like Giga can’t find stuff for her to do.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I imagine they might have trouble fitting Gadot into a new DCU with no Affleck or Cavill. And while Gal Gadot still owns the WW role in the movie-going public's mind for now, when you put several years between iterations of the series films, it doesn't make a lot of logical sense to keep her when the others have been changed up. Same is true with Jason Mamoa.

That said, both Gadot and Mamoa would be a much more significant box office draw than new actors so that's the big quandry methinks.

Should be interesting to see the balancing act the studio tries under such a tricky situation.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Nykron wrote:
8 months ago
Don't get your hopes up.
If it's straight from Gal Gadot on one hand, and "sources" on the other hand, I'm going with Gal Gadot.

That said, it is pretty clear that all of this is very early, and subject to change.

It's pretty clear that Gal Gadot wants to make a Wonder Woman 3, and frankly, DC are on the ropes and could use a hit.

But I wouldn't expect any solid news until Gunn and Saffron have turned in their Superman script, gotten an OK from the studio, and cleared their desks a little.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Well, to cap off this thread, it's pretty clear now in 2024 that Gal Gadot is done playing Wonder Woman, as Gunn and Saffron are recasting the entire DC lineup from scratch.

No news on who the new Wonder Woman will be. I suspect she'll show up in the new Superman movie as a surprise cameo, but I have no proof for that.

Thanks for reading this to the bitter end!
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Studios going about this wrong trying to create universes. Give good people good scripts and let them create. I'd love to see Gadot continue on as WW in her own thing. Warner's best success in recent years was Joker and The Batman. Both done away from the universe.

Don't let the want of a Gunn Justice League universe to allow him to clamp down on good stories for good characters.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I think the best thing they did with WW was to put her in WWI. The steam/diesel punk aesthetic worked really well. They now have a timeline that can go back to anywhere in the 20th century. Why they chose the the mid 1980s as time frame is beyond me. It was a dull decade to capture in a superhero movie. Fighting Nazis in the forties or third column in the '50s. Spies and castles and the industrial age all could have been interesting. the mod-1960s with short skirts and jet travel. WW in a Eurospy thriller could have been fun.

But the 1980s? big hair and shoulder pads? Michael Milken and Ronald Reagan? What a snooze fest era... It also harkens back to the Linda Carter WW, who was her own special brand of awesome.

I think the Studios get drunk seeing the MCU numbers, forgetting that it was catching lightening in a bottle. Very hard to do and impossible to repeat. They did a pretty good decade of TV, they should have stuck with that. Most of the the CW shows had minimal cross overs. They just focused on making one show at a time pretty well.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

There is no problem having a movie set in the 1980s, as long as you don't miss the central conflict: the Cold War.

A movie about Wonder Woman helping Reagan to win the Cold War could have been amazing. Unfortunately, you're not going to get that movie out of Hollywood, because their groupthink on the cold war turned out to be 100% wrong, and they still haven't accepted that.

As for the storyline we got, it could have been good, but really needed another edit. Like, you could just say that Steve Trevor appeared out of nowhere as a result of an unspoken wish on Diana's part, lose the "he's taking over some guy's body" storyline entirely, and most importantly, have Steve still around at the end of the movie because why in the world would you write Chris Pine out of the movies a second time?
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

They resurrected Steve from the first season WWII episodes to the 70s version. I could see Diana running into a guy named Steve in a later time period and thinking "wow, he looks like my old Steve." Later Steve sees a picture of old Steve and goes "Wow, what do you have a picture of My great uncle for?" Building it into the plot so Steve can continue to appear... With the International market of movies, I don't think a cold war superhero movie would sell as well today. China doesn't want to get any negative reviews for all the shit they pulled and the Americans did some pretty heinous stuff that isn't completely forgotten.

I do think there is a ton of potential in doing set pieces about WW adventures through the last century. Aliens and Supervillains abound. 1960s with its plethora of Eurospy movies would be a great place to make fun stories. There was an element of modernization in women's role in society, but it was still very sexist. It was much more a crossroad than it was in 1984.

The good news was they established WW as being present and timeless from the 1918 forward. They could do all sorts of stuff.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Sydney Sweeny as Powergirl.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
1 month ago
Sydney Sweeny as Powergirl.
She is trying to make a Barbarella remake, which she is amply qualified for...
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

As cute and sexy as Sweeny may be, she doesn't have the acting chops to hold down a second lead in a major movie, imho, much less a lead.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

DrDominator9 wrote:
1 month ago
As cute and sexy as Sweeny may be, she doesn't have the acting chops to hold down a second lead in a major movie, imho, much less a lead.
If she wants to produce Barbarella, I will let her and hope for the best.
PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

Since Gunn is relaunching the whole universe I think it’s a good opportunity to go with someone new. Hopefully someone with a more athletic build and less lanky. More importantly, I hope they don’t give her pants. I know I’d be asking way too much for the classic leotard, but at least let them keep the short skirt that Gaston wore.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

DrDominator9 wrote:
1 month ago
It's not Hamlet.