Ranking Female Bat Villians

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.

Rank Female Bat-Villains in the 1966 Series. Choose your Top three, explain in the comments.

Poll ended at 1 month ago

Catwoman (Newmar) (season 1-2)
41%
Catwoman (Eartha Kitt) (season 3)
22%
Siren (season 3)
7%
Olga (season 3)
4%
Nora Clavicle (season 3)
4%
Lola Lasagne (season 3)
No votes
Cassandra Spellcraft
No votes
Minerva (season 3)
No votes
Lady Penelope Peasoup (season 3)
No votes
Lady Prudence (season 3)
4%
Marsha, Queen of Diamonds (season 2)
4%
Ma Parker(season 2)
11%
Zelda the Great (season 2)
No votes
Black Widow (season 2)
4%

Total votes: 27
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I just started posting a new story series featuring Barbara Gordon and Minerva. Minerva is a pretty terrible example of the Season Three villains. But, as I thought about it, I realized that there are a relatively large number of female villains in Season Three along with Batgirl. For this poll I am thinking which Villain was a good villain. If you want, you can also rank them base on untapped potential. Siren, for example did not get very good stories, but damn she looked good and being able to manipulate Men, but not Batgirl, had lots of potential for future troubles. Despite her rather crappy episodes I would rank her pretty high.

I gave everyone three votes, just to make it more interesting instead of Everyone explaining why Catwoman won.
Last edited by sneakly 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

There are lots of one-shot characters that could have been better with more episodes. Also back then in that time slot you couldn't do most things that you do in your stories.

For instance these days you wouldn't see Robin getting away from Lady Prudence and the four school girls. You could see in the dormitory scene that he can't even get a foot away before they grab on to him. I'm sure they would pin him to a bed and have their way with him.

Ma Parker was also under used as the plot was getting captured to take over the prison as a hideout. Having them try to do crimes and have fights where they wanted to win would be. a more interesting take.
argento
Overlord
Overlord

During my search, I carefully selected J. Newmar, who, in my opinion, surpassed the other candidates by a remarkable margin. Additionally, she took the initiative to establish a relationship with the bat, making significant progress in their interaction. :blush:
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I set this Poll up so you can VOTE for three female villains. Originally I was just going to do season three, because that was the only season with most of the non Julie Newmar female villains. I agree that she is a stand out character that every one will select. I thought seriously about not including her for just that reason.

I like Olga a lot. She put Batgirl in two of the better Traps in one episode. I would have like to have seen her as a regular season four recurring character menacing Batgirl in a variety of saber related death traps...

Eartha Kitt, to me is the perfect Catwoman. She is the most cat-womany woman ever. I felt like she was living the part and they gave her a costume to with it.

My third choice was a littler harder, I have written Nora Clavicle stories and she had the two hottest hench women (Something about an angry femi-Nazi getting her hands on Batgirl is really interesting).

But my third choice went to Siren. Joan Collins in silver minidress makes her one of the hottest of of all villains (hotter than a lot of the molls even). What I really like about her is how handily she can manipulate men. There is no challenge for her to brain wash any man to do her bidding. She can simply tell them to jump off a building or pier and they will just do it. I bet that gets old after awhile. Batgirl can't seduced so easily. She won't be controlled by Siren's hypnotic voice. I bet Siren find that very exciting. She can have what ever men she wants to become her slaves, but Batgirl needs to be controlled and eliminated the old fashioned way.... I imagine Siren would find that very erotic and exciting, watching Batgirl in an old school Bat-trap (perhaps even constructed and operated by Batman himself). Lots of Possibilities.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Eartha Kitt is Catwoman for me. Are there hotter actresses who played Catwoman sure, but she played the role the best. She does elegant evil so well. It's been well over a decade since I last watched the 1966 Batman, but Kitt as Catwoman is one the performances that really stands out in my memory.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

1. There is Julie Newmar's Catwoman and than everyone else

2. Earth's gets in becasue of her purr and how she recliner in the Car Car

3. Lady Prudence because she is hot but they wasted any potential when they did not follow up on her planned double cross on Lord Fogg
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Newmar was the best. Kitt was really good, too.

I put Nora Clavicle third but the more I think about it, I probably should have put Olga ahead of her. She, along with Egghead, was underrated against Batgirl. Even with Batman and Robin’s help, she never won the rematches against Olga.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

IMSancho wrote:
1 month ago
Newmar was the best. Kitt was really good, too.

I put Nora Clavicle third but the more I think about it, I probably should have put Olga ahead of her. She, along with Egghead, was underrated against Batgirl. Even with Batman and Robin’s help, she never won the rematches against Olga.
Nora and Olga are both pretty good female characters. I liked that Egghead acted as Olga’s sniveling sub. How can you not like a woman holding a razor sharp knitting needle to Batgirl’s throat? I think had season four happened, there would have been more female villains.
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

What about Lee Meriwether Catwoman from the TV movie?
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

vnv7272 wrote:
1 month ago
What about Lee Meriwether Catwoman from the TV movie?
I think Catwoman has been over represented to begin with. My original idea was to only do season three female villains...

You cansay why you liked her in the discussion. The polling is really just to promote the discussion
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would've liked to see more with Nora Clavicle and her sexy henchwomen.
The Siamese knot trap from that episode was iconic, a real standout for the 3rd season.
But the two henchgirls, played by Inga Neilsen and June Wilkenson were the best out of the whole series.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (146.63 KiB) Viewed 325 times
353779165_252055447469966_758038335322208263_n.jpg
353779165_252055447469966_758038335322208263_n.jpg (38.99 KiB) Viewed 325 times
MV5BMzZiOWJjZDEtZDVhZC00ZTI5LTk4NjMtNjdiOTliYjE4YzE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIyNjE2NA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX755_.jpg
MV5BMzZiOWJjZDEtZDVhZC00ZTI5LTk4NjMtNjdiOTliYjE4YzE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIyNjE2NA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX755_.jpg (51.05 KiB) Viewed 325 times
batman-clavicle-batgirl.jpg
batman-clavicle-batgirl.jpg (78.56 KiB) Viewed 325 times
nora_clavicle.jpg
nora_clavicle.jpg (51.44 KiB) Viewed 325 times
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Incidentally, in the first version of the script, the henchgirls were supposed to be female wrestlers!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago

3. Lady Prudence because she is hot but they wasted any potential when they did not follow up on her planned double cross on Lord Fogg
Lady Prudence had a lot of unexploited potential. Very good looking, leading a girl gang. She was going to double cross her uncle, she put Robin into one of the worst bat-traps ever... She should have been put in charge of Batgirl, she captured her. Lady Penelope telling her to have fun, but to not make it too messy... A quick bat-spin and Batgirl is strapped into an iron maiden with the door on a slow closing mechanism, dooming her while the girls skip out for a malt....
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Or Batgirl on the rack and Lady Prudence telling her to grow up. That was always a wasted peril with the Riddler doing it to Robin.

They also missed her taunting a paralyzed Batgirl in the pavilion. She did such nice job teasing Robin.
VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

OT, but my mind is weird. I saw this thread and thought the title read "Barking Female bat Villain". :lol:

Of course, then I started to wonder, if there really was a Dogwoman on the show. :hmmm: :dawgie:
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Visitor wrote:
1 month ago
Or Batgirl on the rack and Lady Prudence telling her to grow up. That was always a wasted peril with the Riddler doing it to Robin.

They also missed her taunting a paralyzed Batgirl in the pavilion. She did such nice job teasing Robin.
Riddler was totally gay for Robin. Siren or Lady Prudence and a rack scene with Batgirl would have been much enjoyed. Nora supervising her blond henchwomen in medieval torture of Batgirl would have made a good season four episode...

Ma Parker is surprisingly popular in the poll. Is it because of Legs Parker or is there something about her that I am missing?
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 month ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 month ago

Lady Prudence had a lot of unexploited potential. Very good looking, leading a girl gang. She was going to double cross her uncle, she put Robin into one of the worst bat-traps ever... She should have been put in charge of Batgirl, she captured her. Lady Penelope telling her to have fun, but to not make it too messy... A quick bat-spin and Batgirl is strapped into an iron maiden with the door on a slow closing mechanism, dooming her while the girls skip out for a malt....
I think Prudence would have developed a mind control fog like CatWoman's control.

She wanted Robin as a lover
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Ma Parker had a surprisingly strong showing. Legs Parker was hot, but given nothing to do during her episodes.