Captain America 4: Brave New World (Marvel/Disney, 2025)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

So, here we have some information about the upcoming Captain America 4 movie coming out next year.

https://ew.com/captain-america-4-first- ... ld-8629213

I don't know how interested I really am in this. I didn't have a good time with the Falcon & Winter Solider TV show.
I don't buy Sam as Captain America - he's Falcon. And I probably won't buy whoever "Joaquin" is as Falcon. It's mostly an equity push.

I don't mind seeing the eternal hotness which is Liv Tyler, but do I want to see Harrison Ford in yet another film? He can't just pack it in?
He is the President here, so is there some kind of implication that an 81-year-old can be a competent leader of the Free World? (hmmm...)
I would have preferred someone like Kelsey Grammer who is a bit younger, to replace the deceased William Hurt.

But I really only have one burning question, because the only chance we have of seeing a superheroine in this film is if actress Shira Haas actually puts on the tight Sabra costume. But the article I link to below says that Ruth (Bat-Seraph) 'returns' from being in the 'The Incredible Hulk'. Yet I was under the impression that this was going to be Sabra's *debut* in the MCU. (I still don't see how this is going to work, with the actress being so tiny.)

Without making me re-watch the entire 2008 'Incredible Hulk' film, can anyone confirm or deny whether Ruth Bat-Seraph appeared in that film? I don't think she did, and I think the writer who said so was in error. Thanks!
Captain-America-Brave-New-World-041124-2-0cd2d7dcc51b4c8bac705dd9f96a5129.jpg
Captain-America-Brave-New-World-041124-2-0cd2d7dcc51b4c8bac705dd9f96a5129.jpg (161.13 KiB) Viewed 242 times
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

shevek wrote:
1 week ago
So, here we have some information about the upcoming Captain America 4 movie coming out next year.

I don't know how interested I really am in this. I didn't have a good time with the Falcon & Winter Solider TV show.
I don't buy Sam as Captain America - he's Falcon. And I probably won't buy whoever "Joaquin" is as Falcon. It's mostly an equity push.

I don't mind seeing the eternal hotness which is Liv Tyler, but do I want to see Harrison Ford in yet another film? He can't just pack it in?
He is the President here, so is there some kind of implication that an 81-year-old can be a competent leader of the Free World? (hmmm...)
I would have preferred someone like Kelsey Grammer who is a bit younger, to replace the deceased William Hurt.

But I really only have one burning question, because the only chance we have of seeing a superheroine in this film is if actress Shira Haas actually puts on the tight Sabra costume. But the article I link to below says that Ruth (Bat-Seraph) 'returns' from being in the 'The Incredible Hulk'. Yet I was under the impression that this was going to be Sabra's *debut* in the MCU. (I still don't see how this is going to work, with the actress being so tiny.)

Without making me re-watch the entire 2008 'Incredible Hulk' film, can anyone confirm or deny whether Ruth Bat-Seraph appeared in that film? I don't think she did, and I think the writer who said so was in error. Thanks!

Wow, Shira Haas is a tiny little thing. She is extremely thin also. 5' 2" and 110 lbs. A stiff breeze would take her out. I am not sure how imposing she will look next to men that more than a foot taller than her (in heels). At least Gal Gadot was 5' 10".
shevek
Producer
Producer

sneakly wrote:
1 week ago
Wow, Shira Haas is a tiny little thing. She is extremely thin also. 5' 2" and 110 lbs. A stiff breeze would take her out. I am not sure how imposing she will look next to men that more than a foot taller than her (in heels). At least Gal Gadot was 5' 10".
Yes, it's ridiculous. There are actors who are in both DC and Marvel universes, right? They should have just had Gal Gadot (or someone similar to her) play Sabra.

Anyway, my question was, does anyone remember if the character of Ruth Bat-Seraph was in 2008 Hulk? I don't think she was.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 week ago
shevek wrote:
1 week ago

Scarlett Johansen is 5-3

The Question is will they make her a heroic figure or will they pander to the haters
phopho
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Gal Gadot isn't statuesque at all, she's thin as a rail, and doesn't have the build for Sabra, much less Wonder Woman. I basically want Kat Dennings (if it's a comedy) or Kellee Moran. If you're going to cast a model anyways, cast a thick, stacked model. There are plenty of women who fit the description out there! What kind of woman was Jack Kirby thinking about when he drew Big Barda? A waif? GTFOH!!!! I'd be in the theatre opening nigh regardless of the politics of the Sabra character if she was something to look at.

Kellee Moran for reference, imagine the WW costume is blue and white: