Game of Thrones Anyone?

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
mrestfla
Sargeant
Sargeant

:hmmm:
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

:tv:
:flower: :flower: :christmastree: :flower: :flower:
:medieval: :medieval:
:horse:
:hump:
:mario: :smartass:
:beer2:
:king: :girlchat:
:king: :chop:

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
mrestfla
Sargeant
Sargeant

@Scribbler...You missed a few:
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

No fair using actual caps and not just smilies! You're not playing the game right! :ras:

I only did season one (from vague memory), and did ref Ned Stark event, but the smilies are limited so I went with the closest one.

I guess this is not a spoiler free zone. :starwars:

I like GoT for the babes and well-told medieval fantasy storytelling, and not so much for the gruesome stuff. I realize I have to deal with the gruesome stuff if I want to watch, and so I do. GoT's the only reason I subscribed to HBO this past 5/23. After S4 ep10, it's bye HBO. :wavecry:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Didn't bother with this one, but by the way, any other film with swords, sorcery & tits anyone can recommend? Thinking of cheesy 70'-80's stuff, I don't think modern ones are any good.
mrestfla
Sargeant
Sargeant

theScribbler wrote:GoT's the only reason I subscribed to HBO this past 5/23. After S4 ep10, it's bye HBO. :wavecry:
Why did you ever subscribe?
GoT s04e08....http://billionuploads.com/57sy4thz9qro
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Didn't bother with this one, but by the way, any other film with swords, sorcery & tits anyone can recommend? Thinking of cheesy 70'-80's stuff, I don't think modern ones are any good.

Ezekiel, a good question but why not start a new thread on it, as answers are bound to take this thread off topic? I have some pearlers to throw your way!

If you're not investing in watching GoT, you are missing out. It's superbly shot, directed and acted with a great script. My only gripe is the lack of battle scenes, particularly first series where they build up to the big show down with the Lanisters and all we get is a verbal aftermath. You don't need a cast of thousands. Zulu shows you how to shoot a battle scene with 200 blokes - just use tight camera shots so the bodies fill the screen.
But that aside its great. The snow scenes in the forest north of the wall were particularly well done as they were shot outside Belfast with fake snow but they look great. (Had a mate who played a sizeable role in it and he filled me in on the jiggery pokery they used - its impressive)
I think the Dwarf actor (Dinklage is it?) Is the star of the show, superb performances and worthy of his awards.

Anybody who doesn't watch it I would urge them to give it a go. The fantasy elements are fairly underplayed in the first series -its more about the backstabbing and political intrigue and it comes over as more like an episode of 'The Tudors'.
Think most will enjoy it.
And there's tits.
:yahoo: ;)
Last edited by tallyho 9 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
mrestfla
Sargeant
Sargeant

Ezekiel wrote:Didn't bother with this one, but by the way, any other film with swords, sorcery & tits anyone can recommend? Thinking of cheesy 70'-80's stuff, I don't think modern ones are any good.
mrestfla
Sargeant
Sargeant

Anyone who wants more episodes listed... lmk :king:
mrestfla
Sargeant
Sargeant

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

See fellas, told you! :thumbup:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

There's an episode where deneres (spelling?) Is chained up for a few seconds. I think from season 2.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

mrestfla wrote:
theScribbler wrote:GoT's the only reason I subscribed to HBO this past 5/23. After S4 ep10, it's bye HBO. :wavecry:
Why did you ever subscribe?
GoT s04e08....http://billionuploads.com/57sy4thz9qro
Cause I have money and don't mind paying for stuff. Yep...weird...I know.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

:horse:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

The Sand Snakes look like they could be interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BIxE1LWSEA

Not long to go now and even the Muppets are getting in on the hype. Though the funniest thing about this is the title .

Game of Chairs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhWUFXvaZjo

dagger_fan
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

In the book Doran Martel twarts and attempt from the Sand Snakes to kidnap Myrcella Baratheon. They get ambushed, subdued and put in house arrest at The Spire. Can we expect a related action scene in the series? Also, I heard they were replacing the original bodyguard, Ser Aryn Oakheart, with main-caster Jamie Lannister. How will he handle the vengeful vixens?
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Last summer I started watching Game Of Thrones starting with season one. Really great show. One of the things I enjoyed doing was reading the EW.com recaps after I watched the episodes. When I resumed watching the show this summer I was unable to find the previous seasons recaps on the EW.com website anymore. I have found other websites that have GOT recaps and have found them to be lackluster and insufficient. Can anyone recommend a good GOT recap website? I would really appreciate any recommendations.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

The only recap you need is everybody dies ;)

Sorry I havent spotted any but as the new series is only 2 weeks away you may find them getting flagged up in the next week-10 days so I would suggest keep searching as you havd done as what may not return anything today might tomorrow.