SuperheroineForum Dark NEW! Try it!

Info regarding this website!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

For those of you who are looking for a dark style, I've added one that will most likely become the interim style for the board once I fix the color issues a bit and a few other things.

The way to change to the darker style is like so:

Click on your name up top and choose the USER CONTOL PANEL

Click the 3rd tab from the left BOARD PREFERENCES

in the MY BOARD STYLE section, choose SUPERHEROINE FORUM DARK NEW

And you will now be in darkness :)

This style will fix issues with the other dark style that I just didn't have time to fix...

That style is now gone.
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Ummm, I have a huge city view in the background with A LOT of light :hmm: . I'm a simple guy with simple tastes, the old dark style was right up my alley being just... dark, but ah well, it's a little thing to pick over given how awesome this forum is. Keep it up MH.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If you have AdBlock in your browser, just set it to block this specific image: http://superheroineforum.com/styles/Sup ... s-wide.jpg
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Im going to be getting rid of the city it doesn't really pertain to this forum.

It will just be a solid background. Although I have to admit, Dubai looks impressive at night.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

I really like this one!
thank you. very nice looking and easier on my eyes.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

WOW-Girl wrote:Please ! Either replace it or keep it, enough with the solid background or at least keep changing according to the mood in the forums concerning trending topics at the time of your convenience.
That's easy for you to say.
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

I like it. The contrast makes the site Pop!
djmistaoz
Henchman
Henchman

worked like a charm. i love it!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is it possible "Superheroine Forum Dark New" could be set as the default for everyone who views the forum, whether they're a member or not? It just looks better for the forum to match the other HypOnlineMedia sites, rather than the generic phpBB style.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Er... I don't like it. Can I go back to the non -new but black anyway view I had yesterday, rather than the silver?

The notification icons on the left now are just...indiscriminate, I can't tell at a glance what I've viewed or not - there's a slight pale blue tint around what I haven't viewed but its not obvious

:sad: :no:

How can I go back to the 'dark' of yesterday?
Last edited by tallyho 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Yea i like this new dark, better then the old one, because of the colour scheme, but things look a bit weird on my laptop screen with everything being so big. Tallyho mentioned it above, this new version you cant see new post icons "read/unread"
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah I saw that. I am going to put on the old icons from the original forum so that will be fixed.

What else looks big? The logo will be made smaller too..
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Oh everything is bigger, like the user pics on posts, the recent topics bit on the board index page now takes up my whole screen. Its not a bad thing i think, just a bit different.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

When I hover over the QUICK LINKS tab at the top of the home screen it displays 8 or so options but there are two issues-
- the bottom one 'The team' is hard to read as the drop down background doesn't block out the forum background very well

- when you move down the list once you get to the bottom 2 the drop down disappears - its as if it treats it as though the cursor has moved off the list, ie it only seems to recognize the first 4 or 5 as options.

Neither is a big problem for me, I'm just pointing them out.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

tallyho wrote:When I hover over the QUICK LINKS tab at the top of the home screen it displays 8 or so options but there are two issues-
- the bottom one 'The team' is hard to read as the drop down background doesn't block out the forum background very well

- when you move down the list once you get to the bottom 2 the drop down disappears - its as if it treats it as though the cursor has moved off the list, ie it only seems to recognize the first 4 or 5 as options.

Neither is a big problem for me, I'm just pointing them out.

I see that. I'll include it in my next round of fixes.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Incidentally, does anyone find the yellow color too bright? I can tone it down or we could try another color like green :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

MightyHypnotic @hyponlinemedia wrote:I've added back the old forum icons. Let me know if those work any better for you.
Yes I much prefer the old icons personally - I know what I have and haven't read at a glance now. :thumbup: Thank you.

I'm fine with the yellow and with the icons back in place its all good for me.

mvo34
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I like it, the darker color helps me read things better. I also prefer the layout better on this new Dark theme than the previous one (light or dark).

I don't find the yellow too much against the darker sight.

Thank you for providing the theme.
matt
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Im going to simplify the header when I get a chance, too much going on up there. I'll add it to the list.