Hey Can anyone help me out

For the new recruits! Come say hi!
DoctorMusic15
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hey there I am new here
I want to create a series like Mr x poser stories but I am new to poser and need help making models so I need help so can anyone help me out I really want to start this
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hello! Welcome to the forum.
Always nice to have yet another member of the medical professional join us.

Mr X is a member here and I'm sure he and other posers (by which I mean poser users!) will be happy to advise you.
But they may not spot your plea here.

Can I suggest you post a new thread in miscellaneous or in the lounge asking for help, or if no one responds after a few days maybe try a personal message.

If you don't know how to send one post back here.
Enjoy your time here!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Your question is so general, that it could be anything.

So, here is a minimal check list of stuff you'll need.

Some version of Poser, or if you're looking to work on the cheap, Daz gives their sofware away.

A Model that you like, I prefer Victoria 4, the newer versions of her (Genesis) are a pain to use with Poser though, and best used with Daz.

A graphic editing program, if youre going to make textures, like Photoshop, though you can maybe get by with microsoft paint.

Basic content and props, i would suggest looking over at Renderosity's free section.

After that, a LOT of time to work out trial and error on making renders.

When you start making renders, you'll have more specific questions, if you ask those questions you will get more detailed helpful answers.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Get a copy of poser and play play play play.

Join renderosity.com. Ask questions on the forum.

Poser is only a tool. You need to put time in to learn it. Make lots and lots and lots of mistakes.

There are tons of free items but you may have to purchase things.

It took me years (all the way back to poser 3) to get where I am and I still think I'm not good at it.

One thing to learn is how to translate what you see in your mind's eye, what I call button items, into a render.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

As a practitioner of Poser since Poser 6 I have to concur with Mr X. It really is all about fudding around with Poser. If you need help finding a particular tool you can usually find it with a quick google search... but that is still going to require hours of fudding around with the tool yourself before you even feel comfortable with it. Poser 2014 has the 'fitting room' which wasn't in 6,7, or 8 which I'd used before it, and while I love it, I'm basically a kid with chopsticks trying to make things fit models all over again.

Poser, like everything else, takes practice to get good at.
DoctorMusic15
Neophyte
Neophyte

for some reason face room does not work
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

face room only works on models supplied in Posers runtime. It does not work with vicky etc. I find it useless.
DoctorMusic15
Neophyte
Neophyte

can anyone make a vicky 4 look like a pic
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Mr. X wrote:Get a copy of poser and play play play play.

Join renderosity.com. Ask questions on the forum.

Poser is only a tool. You need to put time in to learn it. Make lots and lots and lots of mistakes.

There are tons of free items but you may have to purchase things.

It took me years (all the way back to poser 3) to get where I am and I still think I'm not good at it.

One thing to learn is how to translate what you see in your mind's eye, what I call button items, into a render.
hey X,

have you noticed you are the SME for poser? and always the one to go to for insight, feels good to be that guy doesn't it?

just sayn
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

What is an "SME"?

Yes I like helping people.

Edited: Ok I looked it up. Thanks. But there are a lot of people who can help as well.