New Images Gallery!

General discussions about superheroines!
admin

Hey all,

Spent a good deal of the morning installing a new mod that I think you will enjoy. Its the Gallery!

The way it works is by albums. I have predefined 4 albums for you to use. If you want any other public albums set up, let me know.

You also have personal albums that you can create for your images as well.

The gallery can be seen here:

http://www.superheroineforum.com/gallery/index.php

You have permissions to upload to these public albums as well as your own. Try it out and let me know what you think.
If you encounter any problems, describe them here in this thread and I'll try to iron it out.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Hey, love the idea!

Only issue I found was when trying to create a member gallery, I was unable to upload any pics for it. Sorry if I jumped the gun at all.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
admin

I'll have to look into why that's happening.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

admin wrote:I'll have to look into why that's happening.
Well if you did something it worked! I uploaded a bunch of pics.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
superheroinelinks
Elder Member
Elder Member

I uploaded some TOO
I LOVE seeing sexy women in Pantyhose, skin tight Spandex, Tights, Leggings, Unitards, Catsuit, BodyStockings, Gloves, Masks and sexy seductive Role Playing Peril! Go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

Can you add a Catwoman album? I tried but was unable to? Thanks
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

What sort of "permissions" do we need for what we post. I've always been a little foggy on that, so I don't usually post pics on the forums.
admin

lt's not like how it sounds.
Anyone who is a "Registered User" has the permissions to post.
"Permissions" is the term the software uses to describe the settings for a certain group (Moderators, Registered Users, New Users, etc). It has nothing to do with content censoring or control. So the term might be a little confusing. But you have full control over what you post, if you need to delete a pic, etc. We set it up to give you as much control as possible.

The only users that can't post pics are brand new users and guests.

Just an FYI, if you are a new user, all you have to do is make a post and the admins will verify you and put you in the Registered Users group.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

admin wrote:lt's not like how it sounds.
Anyone who is a "Registered User" has the permissions to post.
"Permissions" is the term the software uses to describe the settings for a certain group (Moderators, Registered Users, New Users, etc). It has nothing to do with content censoring or control. So the term might be a little confusing. But you have full control over what you post, if you need to delete a pic, etc. We set it up to give you as much control as possible.

The only users that can't post pics are brand new users and guests.

Just an FYI, if you are a new user, all you have to do is make a post and the admins will verify you and put you in the Registered Users group.

I meant more in terms of the rights to the content we post. Like, posting pictures found online of superheroines from comics or videos.
admin

Oh that's fine..I guess give credit where you can..etc..
Dr.Villain
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I'm really loving the new Gallery! This is exactly what I've been looking for in superheroines' communities! Awesome! :thumbup:

One question though:
When I opened an image's page, there's an "Add to favorites" option right below the image's title. I clicked that, and it changed into "Remove from favorites". However, where exactly are my 'favorites' stored? I've been searching around in the Gallery but I can't seem to find it.

Also, clicking a thumbnail in the Gallery seems to only zoom it (showing the image only), rather than opening that particular image's page which contains its rating and comment sections, except if opened by "No comments" link below the thumbnail in the specific album.

I think that perhaps it might be easier for the users to put comments and rate the images if clicking on the thumbnail opens that image's page, rather than just zooming it in.

If possible, a "Views" column like in the main forum for the albums and "View top viewed images" feature in the Gallery might be cool too :)

Just my 2 cents :happy:
admin

superheroinebabes wrote:Can you add a Catwoman album? I tried but was unable to? Thanks
Sorry I missed this, I certainly will..
admin

Dr.Villain wrote:I'm really loving the new Gallery! This is exactly what I've been looking for in superheroines' communities! Awesome! :thumbup:

One question though:
When I opened an image's page, there's an "Add to favorites" option right below the image's title. I clicked that, and it changed into "Remove from favorites". However, where exactly are my 'favorites' stored? I've been searching around in the Gallery but I can't seem to find it.

Also, clicking a thumbnail in the Gallery seems to only zoom it (showing the image only), rather than opening that particular image's page which contains its rating and comment sections, except if opened by "No comments" link below the thumbnail in the specific album.

I think that perhaps it might be easier for the users to put comments and rate the images if clicking on the thumbnail opens that image's page, rather than just zooming it in.

If possible, a "Views" column like in the main forum for the albums and "View top viewed images" feature in the Gallery might be cool too :)

I noticed that too. I am going to play with the settings later today and try and set the gallery to open up the image the way you explained.
Dr.Villain
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

admin wrote:
Dr.Villain wrote:I'm really loving the new Gallery! This is exactly what I've been looking for in superheroines' communities! Awesome! :thumbup:

One question though:

I noticed that too. I am going to play with the settings later today and try and set the gallery to open up the image the way you explained.
Thanks! It works great! :thumbup:
Kryptik0
Neophyte
Neophyte

Is there a limit to how many images you can upload to a personal album in a day? I uploaded one... but I see no upload button or link to put any more up there. Am I just not seeing the upload icon or something?
admin

I don't think there is a daily restriction. let me look into it.