Supergirl: Mesmer

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Supergirl is back, and this time she'll be in an adventure with a good friend, enjoy!

The robbers had thought of everything. Former PMCs, the 21st Century term for mercenaries, they had equipped themselves like they were still in Afghanistan. Armed to the teeth with assault rifles, grenades, and machineguns they would have been formidable enough. However these guys were robbing a bank in Metropolis. One did not commit a major criminal act there without the ability to pull it off. So to up the ante they approached the First Metropolis Bank not in some cheap getaway car or van, but an armored car. The four wheeled vehicle was armed with a heavy machine gun and armored to resist an RPG. It roared up to the main entrance of the bank and fired a burst of .50 caliber fire through the modern glass entrance.

People inside were lucky the burst was aimed high. The glass shattered flying everywhere while the big bullets smacked into the walls tearing chunks out. The PMC thugs got out and stormed the bank lobby with their weapons drawn. They screamed for no one to move and wielded their rifles to emphasize the point. The sight of the body armored masked men was enough to ensure compliance from everyone even the armed guard. While the four man team secured the bank, the AFV wheeled out and parked in the street blocking traffic. Metropolis’s finest responded quickly that day, with two patrol cars roaring down the street towards the bank. Neither of the MPD cars though expected a military grade APC blocking their path.

The gunner inside the APC opened up with his machinegun, expertly putting his rounds right through both cars’ engine blocks. The black and white MPD cars fronts blew up with smoke and flame, with each one crashing onto different sides of the street. Inside the bank the men were already in the vault, helping themselves to everything. They knew even with their heavy firepower that they had to be out of the bank in five minutes. MPD’s Special Case Unit had firepower to deal with meta-humans and could stop them if they responded so the thugs knew they had to be gone before then.

Outside the APC had kept another two police approaches away. Orange tracers from the machinegun lanced out and took the top off another MPD car. The commander ordered the APC back to the entrance. Reversing the armored car backed up and once in place opened its rear door. Two of the thugs began tossing their stolen loot into the back of the APC. Things were going smoothly when one of the thugs loading the bags of money cried out. His partner turned towards the sources of the commotion and looked seeing only…a red and blue blur.

“It’s Superman!” he cried as a warning.

The boss, still inside the bank covering the hostages replied, “Impossible we checked he’s off with the Justice League…”

Any reply the man could offer was cut off as the man who cried out the warning was lifted into the air and out of sight. The boss and his other gunman ran out and along the side of the APC. They raised their rifles and looked for the target. The Boss couldn’t figure out what was going on. He had checked, the Man of Steel was out of town so who…

“AHHAHHAH!” the cry was from of the last member of his assault team. The man was flying away towards the police cars further back. The Boss went to jump in the APC when he was grabbed from behind. He was turned around and saw that his robbery was being broken up by someone in red and blue, but not Superman.

He tried to raise his rifle but she grabbed it in one hand and looked at it. With a crunch of metal and composites the fancy assault rifle’s front crumbled under the grip of the Last Daughter of Krypton. The blonde haired woman took to the sky with him in tow. The APC’s driver kept asking what was going on to the gunner but he was shocked by what was in front of his machinegun. Standing off to the side of their APC was a college aged girl in a blue royal leotard, red short skirt, cape with matching red and yellow boots. Her arms were at her hips with the blonde locks of her hair blowing a bit with the wind. Her pretty face focused baby blue eyes on the armored car.

“Care to surrender?” Supergirl asked.

The gunner snapped out of it and swung his big MG at her. He fired the gun which began to sing with loud heavy barks. Much to his shock the gunner watched as the orange tracers slammed into her chest and sparked off. Her red and yellow S symbol wasn’t even phased as the big .50 caliber bullets bounced and smashed against Supergirl. Kara had a small grin on her face as the bullets had no effect. She knew this was showing off but, the Girl of Steel liked living up to the namesake occasionally. The gunner exhausted the rounds. He scrambled to try and reload when Supergirl zipped up to his turret grabbing the machinegun’s still hot barrel. He watched in shock as the barrel was bent into a circle by this seemingly beautiful but impossibly strong girl.

Supergirl reached for the top of his turret hatch. The gunner yelled for the driver, “Turn on the EPS!”

“You sure?” the driver replied not seeing what had just happened.

The gunner’s eyes bulged as delicate lady’s fingers, tore into the armor near his head, “YES!!!!!!!!”

Kara was digging into the APC hatch when suddenly she was assaulted by thousands of volts of electricity. Supergirl grunted as the powerful charge coursed through her body. The PMC thugs had anticipated possible superhuman attack. Thus they had rigged the vehicle up with a supercharged electrical protection system. It worked; the power level was close to something the villainess Livewire would be able to throw at Supergirl. Kara fell off the APC and was stunned for a moment on the ground. The guys in the armored car didn’t give her chance to rest. With a roar of its engine the APC moved and ran over Supergirl. Kara was pushed down by the heavy vehicle but not hurt as it passed over her.

Getting up she prepared to attack the APC again this time without touching it. However it backed rapidly up before she was ready, slamming into her. The armored vehicle pushed Supergirl into the side of the building. Kara was going to push off it when they turned the EPS on again. Supergirl cried out as the electricity coursed through her once more. This time though the thugs kept it up. The gunner watched from a viewport yelling to the driver, “That’s it keep it up!”

The driver was rapidly draining the battery but he’d happily drain the EPS if it meant they could get away. He was too focused on the ongoing battle with Supergirl to see the ghostly figure rising through the floor of the APC. She was transparent to an extent but it was still possible to see that this was no ordinary girl. She was a redhead but her skin was green. A blue cape was clasped around her neck while her chest was clad in a white top which featured red X across it. A red belt with yellow buckle went around her waist which held a blue skirt in place. Boots that matched the skirt completed the look.

She brought her body fully into the compartment. Turning whole again she said, “I think there’s been enough of that.”

Supergirl relaxed as the electricity stopped and the APC pulled away. She took to the air and was about to heat vision the top open. Just as her eyes flashed red though, I think that’s unnecessary. The voice was in Kara’s head and for a moment she was caught off guard. She quickly recognized the ‘voice’ though. With a smile, Supergirl descended and landed near the APC. Police were finally closing in now that it seemed the situation was in hand. The hatch on top of the vehicle opened and out was tossed the two remaining PMC thugs. Supergirl looked at the two men giving one a slight kick.

“That was for shocking me” She told the unconscious thug.

“Kicking a man while he’s down, that’s low Kara.”

Supergirl smiled, “So is turning into a ghost and scaring the, you know what, out of people.”

M’gann M’orzz better known as Miss Martian shrugged her shoulders and smirked, “Well, it is effective.”

The two superheroines were greeted by police and the two began the process of helping them with the reports. After a half hour of talking with the MPD the two ladies flew off. Supergirl led Miss Martian to the top of The Daily Planet. Finally out of sight of everyone the two could act as the friends they were.

“M’gann!” Supergirl smiled as she hugged the Martian, “It’s so good to see you what are you doing here?”

The green skinned beauty smiled back, “What your alien friend has to have a reason for showing up?”

Kara laughed and led her over to the ledge. The two sat and caught up a bit under the big metal framed planet. Kara wasn’t exaggerating her excitement at seeing Miss Martian. M’gann and she were good friends. It was no surprise that it had to do with the fact both were not from Earth. While Supergirl was the Last Daughter of Krypton, M’gann was one of the last of the Martians. Kara found it easy to connect with her since they both understood what it was like to lose their homeworld. Supergirl had other good friends in and out of costume, but she and M’gann were something a little different.

“Well thanks for the help back there.” Kara said after they had finished with the personal stuff.

M’gann waved it off, “No problem because you can pay me back by helping me out.”

Kara raised an eyebrow, “What’s up?”

M’gann took a breath and explained, “There’s been a series of strange incidents across the country. I found out about it because two of these things happened near my school. Ordinary people who shouldn’t have had any reason to break into a computer center or trying to kill an important witness in a mob case that was one I stopped. Afterwards though the assassin couldn’t remember why he was there, or why he had a gun. So I did a light scan of his mind. Kara someone ordered him to kill that witness, not face to face Kara but with a mental command.”

Supergirl was a little off put by that, “Mind control…not good.”

M’gann nodded in agreement. She possessed considerable mental powers herself. Martian Manhunter, her mentor had stressed the importance of using their powerful abilities ethically. It was against M’gann’s training and personal belief to use her abilities to violate people’s minds. While she would use her mental powers when necessary, she never abused them. Whoever this telepath was, M’gann wanted to track them down. Supergirl figured out now why M’gann was in Metropolis, “You think this telepath is here.”

“I looked at the pattern of unexplainable criminal acts; it seems like whoever is behind this was heading towards Metropolis.” M’gann confirmed, “I could use some help.”

Supergirl put an arm on Miss Martian’s shoulder, “You’ve got it.”

…………..

Lisa Yang was one of Metropolis lesser known realtors. While she had some success, Lisa was just one more real estate agent trying to compete in one of the most difficult real estate markets in the country. In her early thirties she at least had the looks of a mid-twenty year old going for her. Her black hair was cut short and she was dressed as usual in her blue business suit with a skirt. Her legs were covered in sheer pantyhose with heels for her feet. She was showing one of her larger penthouse like apartments to a new customer.

“As you can see it is located near the MU campus so lots of good night life spots nearby, also easy access to the Met-Rail.” Yang explained, going over the benefits of the apartment’s location.

The new comer seemed disinterested walking through the apartment. She had long black hair which went down to her chest. She had full red lips but sharp piercing eyes. She wore a white blouse with a short black skirt. Lisa watched as the potential buyer moved slowly through the apartment her long black clad nylon legs, her heels clicking on the floor. She had seemed to go over the apartment a few times before turning back to Lisa.

“I love it, when I can move in?” the buyer asked.

Lisa smiled, “Oh in a few weeks I just need….”

Lisa wasn’t sure what happened. It was like she stopped in mid-sentence her mouth hanging open. The young woman was staring right at her, a slight…glow in her eyes? She tried to talk but couldn’t. Lisa felt odd as her head seemed to get clouded. As if her brain was wrapped in blankets.

“Now, you’re going to remove this property from your listings. Show a profit on it if you like, but forget it was around.” The woman ordered.

The relator felt the command enter her brain. There was nothing she could do. A nod greeted the command and the woman smiled, “Excellent, now show yourself out.” Lisa nodded again and proceeded to walk out of the apartment.

The locking of the door caused Mara to smile. So simple minded, she thought with the superiority the telepath knew she possessed. She kicked off her heels and enjoyed a walk around her latest residence in her pantyhosed feet. Unlike Miss Martian, Mara Moore had no qualms about using her mental abilities for the betterment of herself. Mara took a seat on a couch which overlooked the Metropolis Campus through the window. It had been only a few years earlier she had been a student herself. It was at school Mara had the serve headaches and heard the ‘voices’ that nearly got her committed. She had escaped entering the mental hospital her parents had tried to place her, discovering she wasn’t hearing voices but people’s thoughts. It took her time to master the ability and eventually turn listening into commanding, but it was worth it.

Mara leaned back and enjoyed looking over the city, Metropolis, City of Tomorrow, well get ready because Mesmer is ready to hit the town.
Attachments
SGHM1.png
The Girl of Steel
SGHM1.png (70.84 KiB) Viewed 5052 times
MsM.png
Miss Martian, our other superheroine for this story.
MsM.png (78.01 KiB) Viewed 5052 times
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Nice start, hope its as good as Nano was. Looking forward to the rest.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Great, lots of action! "Mind control... not good!" She took the words right out of my mouth! Looking forward to seeing more!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Nice opening chapter. Enjoyed the shocking of SG. Looking forward to both ladies biting off more than they can chew.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

The story started well, let's see how this villain is going to work for heroines
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Nice start, especially showing how Mesmer's superior attitude. From what Miss Martian said, it sounds like Mesmer is 'gun for hire'. Now why is she in Metropolis and why would she pick a residence the overlooked the college campus? Can't wait to find out (as if we didn't already have clue) :thumbup:
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Hi, sgz6. You think you will finish this story?
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025