Cat and the slave Bat(girl)

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
c-man64
Neophyte
Neophyte

This is my first attempt at posting a story I've written to a public forum. All my past stories have been written just for my own enjoyment. But I have enjoyed so many of the stories here that I wanted to give something back to the community.

So here it is, part one of my Batgirl / Catwoman story. I'll be honest up front; not really sure where this story is heading, but this first part has been running around my head for quite some time, and I wanted to get it online.

All comments and criticisms are welcome, but be gentle with me. After all, I am a posting virgin. LOL!!

:laugh:

--------------------------------------------

It was a quiet night on the outskirts of Gotham City. Too quiet, thought Batgirl, as she crouched on a rooftop across the street from the Wayne Tech Computer Laboratory.

Batgirl had received a tip that the Catwoman was planning a major heist from the laboratory, and she had vowed to herself, once and for all, to capture the villainous feline. Normally Batgirl did not put too much stock into anonymous tips, but this one, she believed, was on the up and up. She had been hearing rumors that Catwoman wanted to update her computer system at her hideout and that she would be striking at the Wayne Tech facility.

Before starting out earlier in the evening, she had tried contacting Batman and Robin on the bat phone (being the commissioners daughter did have it's advantages), but the mysterious voice that sometimes answered the bat phone informed her that Batman and Robin were in Metropolis, assisting Superman in a battle with Lex Luthor, who had apparently teamed up with the Joker.

"Oh well," said Batgirl to herself, "I've tangled with the Catwoman by myself before and I'm sure I can handle her again."

Two hours had gone by and Batgirl was beginning to think that perhaps the tip she had received was wrong when she heard the sound of breaking glass coming from the back of the laboratory.

Leaping from the roof, Batgirl quickly made her way around to the back side of the building. Sure enough, she saw that a window next to the loading door had been broken out. Batgirl saw that there was glass laying both on the ground and on the floor of the building. Hmmmmm, thought Batgirl. Catwoman is never this sloppy, I'd better be ready for anything.

Slipping quietly through the window, Batgirl made her way into the building. She knew that Wayne Tech was working on an advanced computer chip, the TX5, that could be worth millions. She also knew that if Catwoman could get her hands on the plans for that chip, she would try to sell it to the highest bidder, after taking full advantage of its advanced processing power for her own computers.

Batgirl slowly made her way through the shadows. Having a general knowledge of the layout of the building, she made her way toward the front where the main offices were located. However, she was startled when she heard a voice say, "No need to hide Batgirl. I heard you come through the window."

"Damn," muttered Batgirl to herself. "I was so careful not to make any noise. How did she hear me?"

Stepping into the office where the voice came from, she could see Catwoman was seated at a computer terminal, downloading the plans for the TX5 chip onto a flash drive.

"You may as well click on cancel Catwoman," Batgirl said, assuming her heroic, hands-on-hips pose. "You are not getting out of here with those plans."

"Ahhhhh Batgirl," purred Catwoman, as she swiveled around in the chair to face Batgirl. "It's so nice to see you again. It's been a while since our paths have crossed."

"And it will be a longer while before they cross again Catwoman. You can count on at least 15 months in jail just for industrial breaking and entering. Try to walk out of here with those plans, and were looking at added time for attempted robbery."

"Do give me some credit Batgirl. If I had just wanted to steal the plans, I would have them and be gone by now."

"So then why are you here Catwoman?" asked Batgirl. "Don't tell me you got lost and came in here looking for the bathroom."

"Nothing so mundane Batgirl," purred Catwoman. "I just wanted to give you a gift."

"A gift?" snorted Batgirl. "You went through all of this just to give me a gift?"

"Oh no, don't get me wrong Batgirl. I went through 'all of this,' as you so put it, to get the plans for the TX5 chip. But you see, my dear, I was expecting you would show up here tonight. Who do you think placed all of those rumors out there that I knew you couldn't resist?" asked Catwoman.

Batgirl just shook her head. "You've never been one to give gifts, Catwoman. Why now and why me?"

"Because, my dear Batgirl," said Catwoman as she stood up from the chair, "I believe it's time for some changes."

And with that, Catwoman reached into a satchel that was laying on the counter and pulled out what looked like a small, pink water balloon. "Catch," she said as she threw the balloon at Batgirl.

Seeing that the distance between the two women was so small, Batgirl had no chance to dodge the object that thrown at her. The balloon struck her squarely in the chest and burst. Water splashed all over Batgirl. "What the...?!?" she said, as some of the water got into her eyes, as well as in her nose and mouth.

She noticed that the water had a slight fragrance to it; a cross between roses and lavender. It made her slightly dizzy momentarily as she tried to wipe it away from her face. She braced herself for an attack, thinking that Catwoman had used the balloon as a distraction for a fight, but no attack came.

Finally, wiping enough of the water away to see, Batgirl saw that Catwoman was no longer in the office. The main terminal still showed the TX5 plans, but the flash drive was gone. Catwoman had indeed made off with the plans.

Batgirl made a quick pass through the rest of the lab building to check if Catwoman made off with any other items. To her eyes, it looked like nothing else had been disturbed. After she called in a quick report to the Gotham City police, she determined there was nothing more she could do that night, so decided to return to her apartment. All the way back to where she had hidden her Batgirl-cycle, she pondered over the meaning of the strange 'gift' Catwoman had thrown at her, and the meaning of 'it's time for some changes.' One thing Batgirl knew for sure as she sped towards home, mysterious gifts from Catwoman couldn't bode well for her.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Consider my interest piqued, good sir.

I would suggest that you try to include costume descriptions of Batgirl & Catwoman, though. Makes immersion easier and more satisfying.
c-man64
Neophyte
Neophyte

Omega Woman wrote:Consider my interest piqued, good sir.

I would suggest that you try to include costume descriptions of Batgirl & Catwoman, though. Makes immersion easier and more satisfying.
Thanks for the feedback Omega Woman. I appreciate it.

Batgirl will be making some costume changes in the next part of the story, so I will try to be as descriptive as possible.

:)
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Ooh very ominous!! :)
flagonforge
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Looking forward to more of this story!