Violet Rush

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Supergirl77
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hello to all out there. I started writing this story awhile back but have been really busy to continue over the past year. I heard back from some on the site to continue it and I started back at the story and finished a good part of it. This is more of a long range type of story. So, if you are not into developing a plot line over the course of chapters, then look to the many other great stories on this site. I wanted more of a sit down and enjoy the story line saga and I want you all to know what you are getting in this thread. I hope you enjoy it.

Chapter One: A New Job

It is a bright, sunny Tuesday in the middle of July and Australian Charlotte McKenzie is returning home after a hard day of work at her new job. As she crashes down on the couch, she thinks back of the circumstances that got her in her current position.

(Flash back)

The 21 year old was a recent graduate from University of Rio Grande majoring in chemistry. She wanted to enter the pharmaceutical industry since she was a young child to help cure diseases that plague the world and felt that a chemistry degree would go a long way to achieve this goal. She wanted to work in a lab to create the medicines that would change the world. She worked hard at the college and earned honors at graduation, but, after returning home to San Diego, the job hunt had been very dry until the previous week. She received a call back from a very small-sized pharmaceuticals company in the area named Hawk Laboratories. But this was not for the position of lab assistant, which she has coveted. It was for a secretary job.

Before we get into the story, let me describe Charlotte McKenzie. Charlotte did not look like what most people consider a scientist and she considered that a plus. She wanted to show that a young beautiful woman could do just as good of a job in the lab as any stereotypical scientist. The young aspiring chemist is 5’11” and 125 pounds and is an avid volleyball and tennis player. She works out every morning and makes sure she is in tip-top shape by eating right all the time. She wants to maintain her great shape and always dresses to impress the guys, even though she is committed to remaining a virgin until she meets the right guy. Charlotte loves her long, toned legs that seem to go on forever, as she feels that they allow her the ability to cover more ground in her favorite sports of volleyball and tennis and that they make her look great. The Australian has long blonde hair and is always seen wearing some sort of purple in her clothes, her favorite color.

When she arrived at home from the beach on a Friday afternoon in her tight purple tank top and purple booty shorts, she received the call from Hawk Laboratories. After many months of searching for lab assistant jobs across the country, Charlotte said what the hell and accepted it right away. David Romero, the vice president at the company, told her to be in the office on Tuesday at 8:00 am ready to work and hung up the phone.

Charlotte played over the conversation in her head. David did not allow her to ask questions about the company or get a full job description. That struck her as weird but Charlotte passed it off as David having a busy day and moved on to calling her friends to celebrate the new job. She did not want to call back to ask what types of drugs the company was dealing with due to the fact that she needed a job quick as her college loans were ganging up on her. She needed the money and figured that she could use her secretary position to establish herself in the company and work her way up the ladder to achieve her goal.

When Charlotte arrived the first day, her new boss at Hawk Laboratories talked about what the company deals with. They use advanced and somewhat risky techniques in creating drugs to cure diseases originating all over the world. They are in the business of pushing the envelope and she was to record some of the experimental data along with her mundane secretarial work.

On her first day, Charlotte sat in watching a few small experiments and was not that impressed. She was thinking in the back of her head that she could crush the other scientists here with the knowledge she has. Back in college, she experimented with the creating of a drug that would be a cure to depression. The proposed drug, which was her senior thesis, would enter the system and be distributed to all the cells in the body. The cells would be mutated to repair and protect from the disease of depression. Charlotte believed it was a great step in the treatment of the depression as she saw that the current treatment was wrong. She wanted to make the world a happier place and this new invention would be a step in doing so. This drug would also help her overcome the disease that she suffers from. But her teachers did not believe in her and the quest for the creation of the drug was brought to a halt. When Charlotte graduated, she started back up the research of the project when she returned home and had felt that she was very close to a breakthrough.

As the day drew to a close, Charlotte was finishing up the filing of the data she collected on the day. David walked in and told her to close up.

She replied, “Why me David?”

David, now packing up in his office, yelled out, “You’re gonna be the last one here after I leave. So, you get to close up. Hope it’s not a problem.”

“Of course not,” said Charlotte.

In the back of her mind, another thought permeated. She had her formulas on her laptop at home. She had the materials at the facility to create the proposed drug and she would be the last one there mostly every night. She planned that the next night she would bring her laptop and after everyone left, she would begin work on finishing the creation of the drug that would get her a job in the lab and help her and people around the world.

(Flash back to her on the couch)

Charlotte cannot wait to get to sleep as Wednesday could be the day that could launch her career in pharmaceuticals.
Supergirl77
Sargeant
Sargeant

Chapter 2: Day Two

The alarm clock goes off at 6:30 am for Charlotte’s second day at Hawk Laboratories and the blonde is struggling to get up for work. She went to sleep early the night before but is so dazed as she never had to get up this early before. She hits the snooze button and then, when the alarm goes off a second time, hits it again and again and again. She is in such a groggy state that she is not fully aware that she has a job to go to at eight or a job at all. She just wants some more sleep.

All of a sudden, it is 7:00 am when Charlotte gets out of bed and then she realizes, “Oh shit I got to go!”

Charlotte slings off her purple pajamas and slides over to the closet. “What to wear? What to wear? I played it pretty conservative with the business suit yesterday. I gotta step it up on day two.”

As she quickly goes through her vast amount of clothes, she is getting conscious of the time. “Damn, I’m gonna be late. That bloke is gonna fire me. Ace! That’s it!” As the Australian slang is coming out of Charlotte, she finds what she wants to wear. She grabs a short black pinstriped skirt, and a tight purple blouse from the closet and throws them on quick. Charlotte looks in the mirror and likes what she sees, a major positive sign that she is still controlling her depression.

“Damn I look really good” Charlotte says. “But … the skirt is kinda short for work. I can’t blow this.” Charlotte grabs a pair of black tights and looks again. “Ok, still sexy and gonna impress the guys, but in a professional manner.” Charlotte slips on a pair of classic black heels, and brushes her hair. “Not bad for 15 minutes.” With 30 minutes to get there, she grabs her stuff and is out the door.

Driving to her job, Charlotte slices and dices through morning traffic to get to the lab. She looks at the time ticking away then back at the traffic and then back at the time. She parks in the first spot she can find and is ready for a sprint. Charlotte runs in and punches her time card at 7:59:43 am.

“Way too close” Charlotte says out of breath.

As soon as she sits down at her desk to start the day, David calls out “Charlotte get in here.”

As soon as she hears that, Charlotte goes from stoked to anxious. “Damn it, what does he want this early?”

As she enters David’s office, David is sitting there smiling. “You did great locking up last night so I’m going to have you do that from now on. Okay?”

“Yep boss”

“You don’t have to call me boss. We’re not running an army here. David is fine.”

“Okay David” says Charlotte kinda twisting in her heels as her nerves are taking over.

“Cool. I’m going to have you do the same stuff as yesterday for the rest of the week. Watch some experiments, file the data, etc. I want you to be comfortable with this before sitting in on meetings and some of the other tasks you will do. So, go down to lab three and start at it. And relax, no need to be so anxious. This is supposed to be fun.”

“Will do. Yeah fun” says Charlotte as she starts to walk out of the room.

“And one more thing … You look amazing Charlotte … So feel great” David says with a smile.

“Thanks” Charlotte says. David saying that means a lot to her and raises her spirits.

Another day of data collection and filing of what are small, boring experiments brings those spirits right back down. All Charlotte can think of is starting her research later in the day and this disperses some of the boredom away. The time slowly ticks by and finally it is closing time.

“Thank God!” Charlotte exclaims in her head as the clock hits 5:00 pm.

“You almost done?” David asks as he stops at her desk all packed up for the night.

“Got another hour or two David. Is that okay to work overtime?”

“Yeah it’s okay. I’ll let security know you are here for another hour or two. Have a great night.” David says walking away.

“He’s such a nice guy” Charlotte thinks as she finishes up her work and then moves onto her research.
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

the story is still under development, we have not seen the trace of history of super heroines, but I believe we will see soon
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

This is an intriguing beginning and I hope you continue it. A heroine with depression is a very interesting construct. I look forward to seeing where you take it.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Supergirl77
Sargeant
Sargeant

Okay folks here's the next installment.

Chapter 3: Research

Charlotte slides off her heels and sits cross-legged at her desk. It is time to start in on the research once again. The proposed drug would enter the system through an injection and be distributed to all the cells in the body. The cells would be mutated to repair and protect from the disease of depression. Charlotte had an innate feeling she is very close to a breakthrough and now she has equipment she had no access to at her school or at home.

“Okay Charlotte … you can do this. Finish it tonight and you can present it tomorrow to impress your boss.” She says as she opens a program on the computer at her desk called “The Simulator.” The Simulator is an advanced program that allows the user to input the formula for a drug and be able to see the possible effects on humans. It gives percentages for specific side effects and whether it is a feasible option to put into further testing. She inputs the information from her laptop into the simulator on the Hawk Laboratories system.

“Wow that formula needs a lot of work. There are so many side effects it can fill a medical journal. It has to be my last addition to the program.”

Charlotte omits her latest work from the program and submits what her formula was back in college.

“Perfect. That looks a beaut. The normal side effects of fatigue, nausea, etc … nothing out of the ordinary. But the effect on the cells is pretty weird. It looks like the drug would in effect blow up the negative cells that cause depression and mutate the other cells to a new form.”

Charlotte doesn’t know what to make of the forecast the program produced. It looks like it would kill the person that would take it but the program does not even take that into account. Instead, it sees that as helping the person and curing them from the depression.

“That can’t be right. Let me try it again.”

She puts the formula in again and the same result.

“Wow it must work. A 95% success rate is almost unheard of in this program. Usually 80% means it is almost a lock to work. This percentage is ridiculously good. It will cure the user of the drug through one injection. Boom the depression is gone in an instant.”

But something catches her eye. “It also seems it will change the cells and produce the results of stabilizing and then enhancing the mental capabilities of the user, creating a stronger network of nerves to be able to assess things quicker and with more accuracy, and creating a user that is able to better survive abuse like cuts, scrapes, punches, etc.”

Charlotte is amazed by this. “It kinda sounds like it will create a superhero” she says with a chuckle as she thought of her childhood.

Charlotte became a big comic fan as she grew up in a house where her two older brothers collected comic books. Since she wanted to hang around them, she started reading comics too. Charlotte became a big fan of comics. She grew to love many superheroines like Wonder Woman, Ms. Marvel, Invisible Woman, Marvel Girl/Phoenix, Supergirl, Sailor Venus, and Sailor Mars. Growing up, Charlotte would play games with her brothers pretending they were the superheroes from the comics. She likes the superheroines as they are strong women that kick some ass and look good while doing it. Her favorite is Marvel Girl/Phoenix as she thinks it would be pretty cool to be a hot girl with telepathic powers.

“But that’s just fantasy stuff.” Charlotte chuckles, “It would be kinda awesome though.”

Charlotte packs up her stuff to head down to one of the labs to conduct the first experiment with the formula.

“If this doesn’t get me noticed to be a part of the lab team, nothing will” Charlotte thinks as she takes the stairs to the labs in the basement.
Supergirl77
Sargeant
Sargeant

Chapter 4: The Experiment

“G’Day Rob! Can you open up lab 3 for me? I need to finish up some work in there” Charlotte says to the security guard that watches over the labs.

“Hey Charlotte what do you need in there? I’m not supposed to open up the labs after David and the lab staff leave”

“I’m just finishing up some of work I was in on today. I think I took down some wrong info so I need to look at the raw data on the machines in there again. I really don’t want to look like a dill.”

“A what?”

“A dill … I mean an idiot. We call them dills back in Australia. Come on help me out Rob” Charlotte says while leaning over the security desk. She has found that using her good looks is helpful in these types of situations.

“Okay. But only this once” Rob says.

They walk down the hallway together and Rob unlocks the door.

“This will be our secret” Charlotte whispers to Rob as she walks in.

“You got about an hour before we switch so get done quick. If you need any help, just call me” Rob says as he closes the door and walks back down to his desk.

Charlotte goes in and starts to look at the machine data from the day’s experiments. She does not want to be caught in a lie with security and does this for a few minutes until she is sure no one is looking in. She then goes over to the countertop and takes out her laptop.

Charlotte pops up the formula on the laptop and moves over to the cabinet to take out two flasks and five beakers. She lays out the beakers first and the flasks at the end of the line.

Next up is the different chemicals. Charlotte heads over to the chemical room adjacent to the lab and takes out the five different chemicals she needs. She carries them back to the station and is ready to get to work.

“Okay let’s make a batch of this stuff” Charlotte says. She measures out the chemicals in the five beakers. She then mixes the first two chemicals in the first flask and the other chemicals in the second flask. She has to be careful with the chemicals as there can be great danger if they are combined incorrectly, mostly an ugly explosion.

Charlotte is making this injection liquid like a pro. She heats up the first flask on a Bunsen burner and lets it get up to a slow bubble. Right when this happens, she combines the contents of the second flask and … no explosion.

“Oh thank you lord” Charlotte exclaims as she avoided an ugly mistake.

Next, Charlotte lets the liquid get down to room temperature and moves it over to another station. As she lets it cool, Charlotte sees the liquid take on a violet hue. “Awesome, it’s purple. It’s my favorite color so it’s gotta work.”

It was now time to run it through another special machine at the lab. It was a simulator that would take the prototype of the drug and give a report on how a human would react to it. This would tell to about a 95% certainty what would happen. It was like The Simulator program but it reacts to the real drug, instead of a proposed formula.

She puts it into the machine and it spits out the same information as The Simulator did before. The normal side effects of fatigue, nausea, etc. The drug would in effect blow up the negative cells that cause depression and mutate the other cells to a new form. It also will change the cells and produce the results of stabilizing and then enhancing the mental capabilities of the user, creating a stronger network of nerves to be able to assess things quicker and with more accuracy, and creating a user that is able to better survive abuse like cuts, scrapes, punches, etc.

“No way this is right. It just cannot be” Charlotte checks the report formula and it is the same as the one she created.

“This cannot change a person’s genetic code. I’ve never heard of a drug that can do that” Charlotte is trying to convince herself that it has to be a mistake. There’s no way she created a “super drug” or is there?