CYOA - The Adventures of Batgirl and Robin!

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.

What should Batgirl and Robin do now?

Poll ended at 9 years ago

A - Pursue the spy that Batgirl supposedly saw.
56%
B - Search Harley Quinn's cell before taking any additional action.
44%
C - Pursue one of the two leads they've found so far.
No votes

Total votes: 9
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Howdy hey, everyone! Remember way back when I was kicking around the idea of making a Batgirl-and-Robin Choose Your Own Adventure? Well, I've finally gotten enough stuff written up to go through with it! Whoopee!

Watch this thread for the first, "beginner" installment, coming soon. In the meantime, here are the rules:

* At the end of every installment, there will be a selection of choices, detailing possibilities for the story's direction.
* You may vote for one choice, unless I explicitly say otherwise. Right now, I'll tentatively go with the poll system, but if it turns out I can't take the poll down and erect another one, I'll switch to another system.
* After a certain amount of votes have trickled in, I will declare voting at an end. I will then write up the next segment of the story in accordance with what the majority decided.
* For now, I'll try to keep the story soft enough so it won't have to go to the Dungeon. If enough people want to take it in that direction, though, I'll talk to MH about moving the thread.

I'll probably think of some more later, but that's it for now. Let's have us some sexy super heroine fun!
Last edited by Disciple 10 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

The night was cold, the moon was full, and few stars were shining up in the black, inky sky. Most of the sky was taken up by thick, ominous clouds - against one of which was projected a bright yellow light. That light, of course, bore the instantly-recognizable black symbol of the Bat. A symbol that every criminal in Gotham knew, and feared.

Just another night in Gotham City, or so it would appear to the casual onlooker. The reality was a little bit different, as a certain man within Gotham City Police Headquarters was finding out at that very moment.

"So it's true, then?" police commissioner James Gordon asked the two costume-clad women standing in his office. "He's really out of town?"

The woman on the left nodded, a bit of impatience showing on her face. She was a shapely redhead who looked to be in her early twenties, clad in a tight purple costume that bore a yellow version of the bat-symbol over her chest. She also wore purple ankle boots, purple gloves, and a purple, bat-eared cowl that hid her secret identity (and let her bright red hair spill out of an opening at the base of its skull). A bright yellow cape was attached to the base of that cowl, draping over her shoulders and falling to her mid-back. Last, but not least, a yellow utility belt ran around her narrow waist. This, of course, was the Dominoed Daredoll known as Batgirl, constant scourge of Gotham's underworld.

"I'm afraid so, Da-Commissioner Gordon," Batgirl said. "You know that Batman never jokes about matters like these."

"He suspects that the Joker's fled overseas since his escape last week," said the woman standing to Batgirl's right. "While he goes investigating, he told us to keep a lid on things here."

This woman looked to be the same age as Batgirl - maybe a bit younger. Her chestnut-brown hair fell to her shoulders, nicely framing her face. A bright red tunic with short green sleeves hugged her curvaceous-yet-athletic torso, bearing a yellow "R" symbol in a black circle over the left breast. A yellow cape draped over her shoulders, while a simple black utility belt encircled her waist. Further down, she wore a pair of scaly green shorts and a pair of green booties, while green gloves covered her hands. A green domino mask was stretched over her face, hiding her secret identity. All of Gotham knew who she was, too: Robin the Girl Wonder, Batman's oldest and most famous partner.

"Very well," Commissioner Gordon said after only a moment's hesitation. "I trust in his judgment, and I trust that you two are experienced enough crimefighters to keep our city safe even in his absence."

Both Batgirl and Robin beamed at that, shifting into "standard" super heroine stances - heads held high, hands on hips, and booted feet shoulder-width apart. They even pushed their chests out a little.

"So," the commissioner said, sifting through the piles of paper on his desk. "On to business. We've recently discovered some very distressing news: apparently, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn joined forces on a stealthy escape from incarceration. So stealthy that we only caught wind of it today, a week after the fact."

"Holy Great Escape!" Robin cried, punching her palm.

"Those wily fiends won't get far," Batgirl promised. "Do your men have any leads, commissioner?"

"I've had them working overtime, looking in all the usual underworld haunts. I have the warden's report on their escape, along with all the evidence my men could secure, right here," he replied, handing a manilla file folder to Batgirl.

"Thanks, Commissioner," Batgirl said, tucking the folder away for safekeeping. "Come on, Robin. We don't have a minute to lose."

In no time at all, the two super heroines were standing in an alley, right beside their respective motorcycles. They had split the contents of the folder up, and were pouring over them with intent eyes. Apparently, with their resources pooled, an escape had been a cinch for the three vile villainesses - they'd secured some outside clothing and masks from somewhere, disguised themselves as lawyers visiting clients, and strolled right out. But the police had secured no evidence pointing to what their plans were, or even if they had stuck together after the escape.

"Got a plan in mind?" Robin asked her longtime partner-in-crimefighting after she had finished her half of the folder.

"A couple," Batgirl answered, looking the brunette in the eye. "We could go over there ourselves, and see if we can pick up any traces the police missed..."

"Or...?"

"Or we could try to track them down here and now. We know all their usual haunts, plus a couple that the police don't."

"Mmm," Robin nodded as she considered their options. "Should we split up...?"

"No," Batgirl said firmly. "None of these three are pushovers, even working alone. If they're working together..."

"Holy Triple Threat!" Robin gasped. "We'll need all the backup we can get!"

"Exactly," said Batgirl. "So we're definitely sticking together. Now, the only question is which way to go... I know that Harley Quinn's always been attached to that old funhouse on Amusement Mile... and our best chances of nabbing Catwoman are at the Pussyfoot Club downtown..."

"And there's an abandoned greenhouse on the edge of town!" Robin added. "Perfect for Poison Ivy!"

The two of them nodded at one another seriously, weighing their options.

Should the Dynamic Duo...
A. Pursue Poison Ivy?
B. Cast About for Catwoman?
C. Hunt for Harley Quinn?
D. Go to the prison and look for additional clues?
Last edited by Disciple 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

My vote goes for a sexy confrontation with Catwoman :P, she's always had a particular relationship with the Bat!
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Did you vote in the poll posted above?

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone who hasn't voted so far to vote. I can't write the next chapter 'til the tie between Option A and Option D is broken!
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Gotham Penitentiary at eleven in the evening was usually a peaceful place. After all, even society's ne'er-do-wells needed their rest. But tonight, several creatures were stirring behind its forlorn gray walls...

"Anything?" Batgirl asked her partner in crimefighting as she went over the floor of Pamela Isley's - Poison Ivy's - Plexiglas cell with her Bat-magnifying glass.

Robin didn't even turn around from where she was inspecting Ivy's cot. "Nope. The police were really thorough on this one. Either that, or Ivy's getting better at covering her tracks."

The Girl Wonder then plunged her gloved hand underneath the cot, and heard the crinkling of a paper scrap.

"Hold on, I think I might have something."

Batgirl hurried over to the chestnut-haired heroine, penlight in hand. As the younger crimefighter took the scrap of paper into her hands, the penlight shined over her shoulder.

Robin narrowed her eyes as she tried to read the faded text on the paper. "It's... a receipt. For four lemons from the local grocery store." She turned it over. "Nothing on the back."

Batgirl pursed her lips suspiciously. Something - some fact she'd read about long ago - was niggling at the back of her mind. But what was it?

"Well, we'd better go look at the other cells," Robin said. "I don't think there are any more clues in here, unless they're invisible..."

Batgirl snapped her fingers as her face brightened. "That's it!"

Robin blinked. "What's it?"

"Little kids like to use lemon juice as a kind of invisible ink," Batgirl explained, rummaging inside a pouch on her utility belt. "I know it's a long shot, but it's worth a try."

The Dominoed Daredoll then removed a small spray can from the pouch. On the side of the can were emblazoned the words, Bat-invisible ink revealer.

As Robin held the scrap of paper still, Batgirl sprayed it with the contents of the can. A fine pinkish mist settled over the paper for a few seconds before dissipating. For a minute or so, nothing happened.

Then...

"Sta...cked... Deck...?" Robin said slowly, squinting at the words slowly forming on the sheet of paper. "Holy Mos Eisley!"

"It's a popular enough dive among the criminal element," Batgirl mused, taking the paper and inspecting it for herself. "The police usually won't go there without backup, and for good reason."

"So what are we waiting for?" Robin cried, punching her palm. "Let's go!"

"Mmm," Batgirl mused uncertainly. "This could as easily be a trap... and we still haven't checked Catwoman's and Quinn's cells yet..."

Which course of action should the Dynamic Duo take?
A. Go pursue the lead at the Stacked Deck alone.
B. Go pursue the lead at the Stacked Deck with police backup.
C. Go on to check Catwoman's and Harley Quinn's cells before taking any action.
Last edited by Disciple 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I would vote in option C
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Once again, there's a perfectly good poll up there. Have you voted in it already?
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Another reminder that I can't start writing the next part before someone breaks the tie, folks. Please vote.
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

I broke the tie.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

tmon wrote:I broke the tie.
Many thanks for that.

Poll closed now. Watch this space for the next installment!
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

"We'd better err on the side of caution," Batgirl said. "Let's check the other two escapees' cells first."

An impatient look flashed over Robin's face, but the Girl Wonder said nothing. The two young heroines left Poison Ivy's cell, with the scrap of paper safely tucked away inside Batgirl's utility belt, and headed toward the cell of Selina Kyle - AKA Catwoman.

"Looks like Miss Kitty wasn't much for decor," Batgirl noted upon seeing the bare interior of the cell.

"Either that, or she removed any possible incriminating clues before she escaped," Robin offered as she got down on her hands and knees, fishing her penlight and magnifying lens out of her utility belt.

For the next several minutes, the two of them searched the cell silently. Unfortunately, it seemed that the cell was indeed as empty as it had looked at first glance. There was nothing under the bed; nothing hidden in the walls; no loose pieces of the floor or ceiling.

"This one looks like a bust," Robin finally said, sitting down on the single cot in the cell. "Catwoman has always been a pretty careful crook."

Batgirl said nothing for a moment. Then, her head suddenly swiveled toward the cot as her eyes zeroed in on feature in particular.

"I've got one more idea. Have you tried turning the pillowcase inside-out?"

Robin's face lit up. "Of course! Holy cloak-and-dagger!"

The Girl Wonder quickly did as Batgirl suggested. Sure enough, there were words - very small, faint ones - on the inside of the while pillowcase. They took a good five minutes for Robin to decipher, even with Batgirl's help.

"Ye Olde Benbow Tavern...?" Batgirl murmured. "Is there even a place like that in Gotham?"

"There is!" Robin said emphatically. Batman and I went down there once on a case. It's right by the docks!"

"The docks?" Batgirl furrowed her brows. "But that's miles away from the Stacked Deck..."

"So they're not working together after all?" Robin suggested.

"Maybe," Batgirl replied. "Or-"

The Dominoed Daredoll froze in mid-sentence. A sudden tingling in the back of her head told her that they were being watched. And not by someone on the side of law and righteousness.

She turned her head, and could have sworn that she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. A vague, fleeting movement of a featureless silhouette, but movement nonetheless...

... or was it?

"Something wrong?" Robin asked, snapping a picture of the pillowcase with her utility belt's mini-camera.

"Maybe," Batgirl said quietly, more to herself than anyone else.

Should Batgirl...
A. Immediately pursue the (supposed) spy with Robin?
B. Go on to search Harley Quinn's cell?
C. Go pursue one of their two leads so far?
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

Very cool. I really like how you are making this work. It reads well and it is set up very well. Its nice to see this in action and see proof of concept that shows this idea can totally fly. Keen to see how this develops.
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.