Girl of Steel film - storyline WIP

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Not sure if I posted this here before, but if I haven't, I just wanted to share with everybody the WIP storyline to my film that I had hoped to produce if the short film was a success, unfortunately, or at least for the time being, I am sad to say that neither films will be made.

NB, I know I'm not that great at writing, and I know that there are gaps in the story, but as the Subject of this thread says it was Work in Progress.

CHAPTER 1 – NEW BEGINNINGS

In the Earth year of 1958, several galaxies from our own on a planet called Krpyton; A young scientist Jor-el was pleading with its council members to put in place evacuations, as he had major concerns that in the next few days the sun would turn supa-nova and blow itself and the planet up.
Unfortunately, due to the lack of evidence, Jor-els pleads are just passed over as ‘wild speculation’ and the council decides that no evacuations will take place.
Jor-el discusses the situation with his younger brother Zor-el, Jor-el explains that even though there won’t be any evacuations, he has decided that he will send his new born son, Kal-el, to a planet called Earth. Zor-el adds that his 17 year old daughter, Kara, should go with him, to make sure that no harm comes to Kal-el as he grows up. The pair agrees and Jor-el gets to work on building 2 rockets ships prepared whilst Zor-el discusses the situation with Kara.
During the next day the planet is struck by violent quakes that get more and more intense as the sun gets more and more unstable. Jor-el now has one ship, for his son, completed, but needs to move quickly to get the second one complete for Kara.
Meanwhile Kara begins to get cold feet about leaving every one behind.
“Father, how you expect me to leave you all behind?” she asked.
“Kara, Kal-el’s your responsibility now, he needs you to go with him and bring him up”
“But why me?” argued Kara.
The ground shook violently again “Come on Kara, we haven’t much time, we can’t stand here arguing, it was agreed that you were going and that’s final, so come on!”
The pair entered a room where Jor-el had just finished building the rockets. Kal-el was already to go and all was needed was for Kara to get into hers. Jor-el explained;
“The trip shouldn’t take more than 5 years; I have therefore made the craft so that you’ll be cryogenically frozen to preserve you through your trip.”
Kara reluctantly entered the craft before Jor-el handing her a green crystal.
“What’s this?” She asked.
“This will help you locate Kal-el’s craft should you become separated.” Jor-el added.
The main door of the craft closed on Kara, and a white gas surrounded her. As the craft filled, Kara fell sleepy and became unconscious.
Both crafts raised from the shaking ground, Kal-els seemed to be a bit faster than Kara’s due to her extra weight, however both crafts sped away. Next there was another violent quake, the room in which Jor-el and Zor-el where standing in started to collapse, the pair ran outside to escape as the quake showed no signs of stopping, everywhere people where panicking and running about, not knowing where to go.
Meanwhile in space, the Red Krypton Sun finally collapsed in on it and died, followed by huge explosion. It took only a matter of seconds before the shockwave hit the planet Krypton, which caused the planet to explode.
Unfortunately Kara’s craft wasn’t far away from the explosion enough to be out of the gravitational pull of the fallen star behind them, formerly the Red Krypton Sun. Fortunately there was enough speed for the craft to eventually break free, but not before the craft getting covered in radioactive dust and rocks, which in turn slowed the craft down even more.
It took nearly 30 years for the craft to arrive in the Milky Way; the year on Earth now is 1985.
1985, these are times where cut backs dominate the British Armed Forces and the temptation for certain platoons to become mercenaries, this is certainly true of the 18th battalion of her majesties navy, the crew of the HMS Ark Royal, hired by Luthor Corp to investigate strange meteor impacts in the Arctic Circle and headed up by Captain Henderson, who has been with the Navy for 20 years, with a heavy interest in Astronomy, how could he resist the temptation of such a mission.
The crew of the HMS Ark Royal had been in the Arctic for 3 weeks now, with no meteor strikes occurring and no signs of any previously, the crew were getting tired and restless and believed it was a waste of time and resources.
“Well…” said the captain “it’s Luthors money being wasted.”
It was a clear night and the stars were twinkling, the crew were about to set down for the night, when all of a sudden the ground beneath them started to shake, followed by loud explosions nearby. The captain looked to the sky, “It’s a meteor shower!” he shouted just as a much larger meteor fell with a large crash.
“Private?” The captain shouted.
“Yes Sir?” He replied.
“How far away would you say that big meteor land?”
“At an estimate, I’d guess about 10 miles.”
“Well, we best get moving then.”
Everybody jumped into the Humvees and headed off in the direction of where the meteor landed.
There was smoke billowing out of the snow and quite a large and deep crater. The captain got out of his Humvee and walked up to the edge of the crater. He looked down and saw something rather peculiar.
“I need a medic here, NOW!” he shouted and slid down the edge of the big hole, followed shortly after by a medic.
As the medic reached the bottom, he was stunned at the site he saw, lying amongst the debris, lay a beautiful, slender built young lady, wearing a white dress and white boots, lying unconscious holding a green glowing crystal. The pair struggled as they tried to lift her up.
“Wow, she’s heavy sir!” said the medic.
“I have an idea” replied the captain “Get back to the top and throw a winch from one the Humvees, that’ll get us moving.”
The medic did as he was ordered.
Once up at the top, it took 8 soldiers, to get the girl into the back of the Humvee, once loaded up, the team headed back to the camp. It didn’t take long for them to return; once they arrived they unloaded the vehicle, taking her to the medical tent. The medic tried to remove the crystal from her hand, but couldn’t.
“Wow!” the medic said “That’s some grip, especially for someone who’s unconscious!”
“How can she even be alive?” the captain asked “She survived a meteor strike, and look how she’s dressed, it’s freezing outside, yet her skin his warm to the touch?”
The pair of them got a shock as the mysterious girl opened her eyes.
“Where am I?” she demanded to know, she continued “Who are you?”
“My name is Captain John Henderson, of her majesties navy, we only want to help you.” The captain replied. “Can you tell me your name and how you came to be in the Arctic all by yourself?”
In a panic, the girl rose to her feet and ran straight through an opening in the tent and headed north.
“This will certainly be something to report back to Luther, won’t it sir?” the medic said sarcastically.
“We tell him nothing, he doesn’t need to know this happened, at first light we go to the other meteor landing strikes and take samples back to him. He requested meteors, not girls!” the captain replied.

CHAPTER 2 – SUPERGIRL

Kara slowed down as she noticed a huge icy structure which looked familiar to her almost like she was home, the crystal she was holding started to glow faster and faster whenever she got closer to the structure.
It didn’t take Kara long before she arrived at the structure, she saw an opening, big enough to walk through, and so she entered. What awaited for her amazed her greatly. The structures interior was white, with ice looking beams from the floor, criss-crossing near the top to make a pyramid like structure. “Where am I?” she said with her voice echoing through the building. As she walked in, she came across a panel of cylindrical glass tubes, some of them had white crystals pointing out and however one had a green crystal. She took the green crystal and placed it into another tube.
Suddenly, a glowing white light appeared, followed by a face Kara was familiar with.
“My son,” the face said.
“Jor-el?” Kara said.
“You do not remember me” Jor-el finished as Kara removed the crystal from the tube.
She looked at the green crystal she had been holding ‘I wonder’ she thought as placed it into the same tube.
The same white light appeared, only this time it was a different face.
“My child” the face said.
“Mother?” replied Kara.
“You made it to your new home safely; I am relieved to see, however some years later than expected it seems?” Lara Continued “Kal-el is now a grown man on this planet, not the child he was when he left your home world. He has grown custom to the human’s way of life.”
Kara interrupted “How am I supposed to protect him then, if he’s a grown man surely he doesn’t need my protection?”
“Oh my dear Kara, now I must tell you the real reason for Krypton’s destruction. The Red Krypton Sun was dying, not by a natural occurrence, but by an unknown, dark, sinister force, with only one intention - the destruction of the entire universe. Jor-el knew this, but had no power to prevent Krypton from being destroyed, but he knew that you and Kal-el, on a planet with a yellow sun, would stand a much better chance against it. Kal-el had no knowledge of this and mustn’t until the time is right, it is his destiny to face the darkness and to lead the human race into the light and with you by his side, and it’s for that reason above all, that I have sent you this… my final gift to you.”
The vision of Kara’s mother began to disappear, replaced by a shining bright light. Kara covered her eyes, but the light was too intense that it brought her to her knees.
The light disappeared so Kara uncovered her eyes and stood to her feet. Her clothing had changed, instead of the white dress she was wearing; it had changed to a blue tunic with a red pentagon shape and S and yellow background, red skirt with yellow V shaped belt, red cape and red boots. Kara couldn’t believe her eyes as she looked in amazement at her new attire. Kara then felt a sudden surge like electricity flowing through her body; she looked up to see an opening through the roof of the fortress and took a giant leap into the air. Kara soared through the opening and high into the night sky. Kara stopped and hovered in the air, looking down at the ground below with amazement, used to seeing only a planet covered in ice, she was amazed to see so many different colours, the ore-inspiring blue of the Earth’s oceans and the beautiful green landscapes.

CHAPTER 3 - HOLDING OUT FOR A… VILLAIN???
Lex Corps is one of Metropolis’ biggest businesses owned by villain Lex Luthor. Lex had recently disappeared, presumed dead after a battle with Superman. On the top floor of the high rise building, a board meeting to agree who will take over as CEO is taking place. Chairing the meeting is Doctor Mercy Graves, the Head of the Science and Genetics Division and Assistant of Lex Luthor.
“So Dr Graves, you propose that you take over the company do you?” enquired one of the board members “Quite convenient for you isn’t it, now that Lex isn’t around.”
“Exactly what are you trying to say?” said Mercy angrily.
Just then Mercy's secretary walked in;
“Excuse me Mercy, you're needed urgently on the roof.”
Mercy excused herself and then left the room, proceeding to the roof with her secretary.
“We have a Captain Henderson from the Royal Navy he said he had a special delivery and wants to see Lex, I told him he's missing and you should be the one to talk to.”
Once there, the Captain walked over to talk to them.
“Ms Graves, I presume?” said the Captain,
“Yeah?” she replied,
“Your secretary just filled me in and informed me that Lex Luthor is missing and that you're the new CEO of Lex Corps, is this correct?”
“Yes, it's just been finalised now.”
“Not that simple I'm afraid Ms Graves, this is a court order from Lex, that, in the event of him going missing, or his death, I'm to assume the role of CEO of the company, and declare the company, under martial law!” He continued, “The best you can do right now, is get back to your regular duties, and we all remain friends!”

Chapter 4 - Meet Linda Lane
Kara had flown around the planet several times, but still hasn’t found any sign of her cousin, that is not until she was nearing the city of Metropolis. As Kara was flying overhead, in a back alley, she noticed something, a newspaper with a photo of a man wearing a costume similar to her own ‘That must be Kal-el’ she thought, so she decided to land and take a further look.
On the ground, Kara looked around, the alley way was littered and dirty, and she picked up the newspaper which had a headline saying “One week since Superman goes missing.” She read on “Crime rate in Metropolis sky rockets to record levels, citizens advised to stay indoors.” Kara noticed the name of the writer and the name of the newspaper “Written by Lois Lane, Daily Planet”.
Kara was too distracted by the newspaper story that she hadn’t noticed a manhole cover opening up and an ugly looking monster climbing up through it. As the monster moved closer to Kara, it kicked a bar making a loud clanking noise, Kara spun around and faced it. The monster almost looked as though it was human, with bad scars and a deformed, bloodied and grey face.
The creature leapt to grab hold of Kara, however it was too slow as Kara swung around and, without realising her newly found strength, she pushed it sending it through a wall down the alley way. Kara gasped and ran over to see if it was ok.
“Oh my!” Kara Said “I’m so sorry, I don’t know my own strength.”
The creature looked up at Kara “It’s ok” he said “You’ve done me a favour, I was dead anyway.”
“What happened to you?” Kara asked.
“Before I became like this, I was a doctor working for Lex Corps. Under Doctor Mercy Graves, the Head of the Science and Genetics Division and Assistant of Lex Luthor the owner of Lex Corps. Dr Graves began unorthodox experiments, genetic mutations, when I tried to shut the project down, what you see before you is the result.”
“Is there anything I can do for you?” Kara asked.
“Find Superman, he’s are only hope!” The creature replied before passing away.
Kara took to the sky and it didn’t take her long before she found what she was looking for, The Daily Planet to find Lois Lane, who just happened to standing on the roof, smoking a cigarette. Kara landed behind Lois.
“Excuse me, I’m looking for Lois Lane?” Kara said.
Startled, Lois turned around to face Kara, disgusted, she said “What is this, some kind of sick joke?”
Before Kara could respond, Lois continued “Superman has been missing long and now I have little girls dressing up as him, sneaking about behind me.”
Kara interrupted “No, that’s not it at all, Superman is my cousin, and I’m Kara.”
“Deranged too, yeah, you’re his cousin, prove it, what’s his real name, surely you’d know that?”
“Kal-El” responded Kara “From the Planet Krypton, his father Jor-el sent me to protect him during his youth, but something went wrong on the way here, I crashed landed 3 days ago, 30 years too late.”
“Ok, I’ll take your word for it, for now, what do you need with me?”
“I saw what you wrote about Superman being missing, I want to help you to find him.”
“Ok” Said Lois with a smile on her face “But first we’ll need to change what you’re wearing, you look to be the same build as my little sister, I’ll be back in a couple of minutes, don’t go anywhere.”
It didn’t take long for Lois to return “Here are some clothes to put on and a pair of glasses, might I suggest also that you tie your hair back too?” she said.
When Kara was finished changing, Lois took her inside to the offices below and introduced Kara.
“This is my cousin, Linda Lane, she’s going to help me with my story and searching for Superman.”
Lois sat Linda next to her desk, soon a shy young man walked up and said “Hi, I’m Jimmy Olsen, Photographer?”