Princess Amber

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
redmanx
Henchman
Henchman

Prologue
In a secret cave, deep in a desert wilderness, known only to a handful of people, a ceremony was taking place, an ancient, mysterious, arcane ceremony from the very farthest reaches of time; none of those attending had ever witnessed it before; none of them ever believed to see it performed in their lifetimes. Flames suddenly illuminated the caves interior, and an old woman, wizened and aged beyond the span of any mortal, wearing a flowing, purple robe stepped from behind them and, in a clear, resonant voice, resounding with power, pronounced; “I ask you once more, Princess Ambere, is it truly your desire to forsake your birthright and the gifts bestowed upon you by your forbears?” Despite her frail, feeble appearance, the old woman radiated power, and, as the flames behind her grew, she too seemed to grow in size and vigor, filling the space before her in shimmering, purple light. From the shadows a woman appeared wearing a purple robe similar to the old woman’s and a wistful sigh like the final passing of a gentle wind lost somewhere in time and space echoed around the cave as she threw back the cowl of her robe. With a shrug of her shoulders she dropped the robe onto the ground, revealing herself, a young, beautiful woman, tall, regal and confident, wearing a tight, orange and black outfit, cut high on her hips, which barely contained her stunning, powerful yet womanly body, and a purple cape. “I, Princess Ambere truly desire this of my own volition and free will!” With full, high breasts, a slim, taut waist, slender hips and long, graceful legs sheathed in white, thigh length boots, the young woman stood tall and proud in the older woman’s brilliant luminosity and from behind her another sigh wafted like a breeze from a group of women who fell to their knees! “Then step into the flames, Princess, and embrace mortality!” Shaking her mane of long, lustrous, golden hair the young woman stepped towards the flames which suddenly erupted like a furnace, blinding in their intensity, and a rush of air filled the cave! Striding boldly, her head held high and her golden hair streaming out behind her, Princess Ambere walked into the fiery hell!

Several years later:
New San Francisco was, as usual on a Saturday night, bustling with people, the streets and thoroughfares crowded with revelers, but, away from the masses in a small, exclusive restaurant in the heart of China Town two women sat chatting quietly in a booth, undisturbed and seemingly ignorant of the noisy street outside. Just before 9.00 pm a waiter appeared and they followed him to a table by a window. The waiter refilled their glasses and left a menu. “Well, you’re only 40 once! Sorry, 39!” the pretty, slim redhead laughed as she raised her glass to her friend across the table. “Thanks for reminding me, Emma! But how many times have you been 39?” the brunette laughed and raised her own glass, clinking it against her friends. “Touché, Cali!” the redhead laughed.
Finishing their meal shortly after 10pm, the two women left the restaurant, and, it being a warm, pleasant evening, they strolled casually down the sidewalk; neither was in any hurry and both were enjoying the sights and heady aromas. Suddenly the two women were bundled into a small alley and pushed against a wall! “Keep quiet and you won’t get hurt!” they were told by a big, burly blond who waved a vicious looking knife at them! Three other women appeared, each of them, like the blond, aged between 18 and 25. “Just give us your money and jewelry, and be quick!” the blond demanded. One of the women snatched Emma’s bag from her hand and, after rummaging through it and pocketing some bills, emptied the rest of its contents onto the ground. Emma reached out her hand to catch a photograph as it floated downwards and the blond hit her in the head, knocking her to the ground! Cali watched in horror as her friend was kicked by the blond and one of her accomplices, and, from somewhere deep within her, something stirred, a sense of outrage and disgust, and a desire to put a stop to this callous behavior! As the blond was about to launch another kick at the helpless Emma, Cali suddenly pushed herself off the wall and, ducking a wild swing from one of the other women, hit the blond, flattening her! Before the others could act Cali had thrown one of them into the street, startling the passer’s by, and sent another hurtling down the alley! The four women quickly regrouped and tried to cut off their suddenly aggressive victims escape, but Cali knew, instinctively, that she had to make room for herself. Stepping out of the alley into the wider street she beckoned the gang towards her, enraging them with a strangely confident smile! “You fucking bitch!” the blond spat, “you’re dead meat!” The four women rushed at Cali but she swatted them away, acrobatically avoiding their wild lunges by leaping over them! A crowd had gathered, not sure if this was a real fight or some sort of street theatre! One of the gang jumped on Cali’s back but, with a shrug of her shoulders, Cali flipped the howling woman off, throwing her heavily to the ground! Like a pack of hyenas the women surrounded Cali, staying just out of reach, looking for an opening, waiting for their victim to tire. Sensing that this was not play acting, most of the onlookers quickly hurried away, leaving Cali to face her attackers alone, but, across the street, a couple of fascinated people still watched as the gang slowly closed in on their prey; then, at a signal from the blond, they all rushed at once, overwhelming Cali and dragging her to the ground! Somehow Cali managed to get to her knees and smashed one of the women’s head against the ground, but the blond kicked her in the head, knocking her onto her back and the others pounced again, pinning the struggling brunette down! “You stupid cunt!” the blond spat and stamped down hard on Cali’s hand! Cali’s scream of pain gave the gang more confidence and they each began pounding her with fists and feet! Sickened but unwilling to get involved, the remaining bystanders shuffled away but one old woman, leaning heavily on a cane, pleaded with somebody to help and a man called the police on his mobile before hurrying off down the street. Still Cali tried to fight but gradually her struggles subsided and she was soon exhausted, prostrate on the ground with the gang kicking and stomping on her. A siren wailed and the blond turned to see a police cruiser racing towards them and, with a final savage kick to Cali’s breast, turned and ran, her gang following on her heels! Another crowd had gathered and the old woman watched as Cali and Emma were stretchered into an ambulance and then, after a short discussion with a cop, she disappeared.
The young doctor looked up as the hospital wards swing doors were violently pushed aside and a man rushed in, gasping for breath, his eyes bulging; “My wife, where is she?” he asked frantically, staring wildly at the doctor. A nurse stepped towards him but the doctor shook his head. “Mr. Woods?” he asked and the man nodded his head, “Yes, my wife’s Cali, Cali Ann Woods; is she…” The doctor smiled and told the man that his wife was sleeping. “She’s been badly beaten but her wounds, well..” What do you mean, badly beaten?” the man said, “beaten up?” The doctor frowned and said, “Yes, apparently your wife and another woman” he glanced at his clip board, “a Miss Washington, were attacked by four women; but the police will tell you more about that. Your wife is concussed; you can see her but keep it short and don’t disturb her.” The man followed the doctor to a small, private room where Cali lay sleeping, her head and face swathed in bandages. “Oh my god!” the man wept, “will she be alright?” A few minutes later a knock came at the door and the doctor opened it. “I’m Detective Vincenti” a tall man declared and showed the doctor his gold shield. The doctor spoke softly to Woods and all three went outside. Doctor Wilson carried on with his rounds and Detective Vincenti bought himself and Woods coffee from a machine. “Your wife is something of a hero!” the detective said as Woods sipped his coffee. “The gang we think attacked her and her friend are particularly vicious; Miss Washington probably owes her life to your wife’s bravery!” Woods looked at the detective, perplexed; “Bravery?” he said and Vincenti explained how Cali had fought the four women off until they finally overwhelmed her. “My wife, fighting? Cali’s a fashion designer, not some sort of street vigilante!” Woods exclaimed disbelievingly. Vincenti took out a battered note book and replied, “Well, according to our witness, that’s what she did!”
Cali could see the flames licking at her body and feel the intense heat, but she felt no pain! Then, with a scream, she saw her flesh burn, turning black before dropping in crisped folds from her body! And somebody laughed, a hideous, demented sound that reverberated about her ears! Suddenly her eyes opened and she awoke, scared and confused, her body soaked in sweat! Slowly, Cali’s breathing returned to normal and her heart stopped hammering beneath her heaving breasts! Cali shuddered, the sweat on her skin now turned cold, the cold of fear! The flames engulfing her body had only been in her mind, but they, and the sinister, mocking laugh she had so clearly heard, remained burned into her consciousness!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Nice stuff, but I'd rcommend breaking up the body of the text with more paragraphs with a space between, - just makes for an easier read.
Good start.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
redmanx
Henchman
Henchman

Thanks, tallyho; I just copied and pasted it from my file and assumed it would reprint as I had written it, including paragraphs and italics. Is there another way to post files direct from my pc to here?
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I found when using the writing program with "Open Office" , a free program, that copy - paste to the forum retained the paragraphs I had made. Im not sure what you used to write in but perhaps it wasn't in a format that preserved the paragraphs you created. I guess for now you could just "edit" your post in situ in the forum by "Returning" out the lines to tidy things up and then use the "Preview" feature when posting more content to ensure that your formatting is preserved.

All the best for the story as it progresses :) oh and I PMd you already.

AEM
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I've found double spacing gaps between paragraphs in office seems to transfer into single spaces on the forum, still have to edit italics though.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
redmanx
Henchman
Henchman

Abductorenmadrid wrote:I found when using the writing program with "Open Office" , a free program, that copy - paste to the forum retained the paragraphs I had made. Im not sure what you used to write in but perhaps it wasn't in a format that preserved the paragraphs you created. I guess for now you could just "edit" your post in situ in the forum by "Returning" out the lines to tidy things up and then use the "Preview" feature when posting more content to ensure that your formatting is preserved.

All the best for the story as it progresses :) oh and I PMd you already.

AEM
Whats "PM'd me mean?
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Redmanx,

A PM is a private message, you should see an indication somewhere near the top of the page saying you have a message.

AEM
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
redmanx
Henchman
Henchman

Part #02 : Nightmares and Dreams
Within days, most of Cali’s wounds, cuts and bruises had healed, much to the amazement of Doctor Wilson; even her cracked ribs had mended and she did not seem to be suffering from any trauma, apart from nightmares, which her husband was told was not uncommon. Woods in fact did not seem surprised by his wife’s recovery, and told Wilson he had never known Cali to be ill. Detective Vincenti returned to see Cali on the day she was allowed to go home, but Cali had no more to add to her account of the incident. “Well, I’ll call you if anything turns up” Vincenti said, putting his notebook away, "if only that old woman who witnessed the attack hadn’t disappeared after calling for help!”

It was a nice day and Cali decided to walk for a bit before getting a cab home; her husband had brought her a change of clothes; black leather pants, green silk blouse, black leather jacket and high heeled pumps and some make up and perfume and she strolled along the sidewalk, turning heads and attracting admiring glances; the driver of a brewery truck waiting for the lights to change honked his horn as he passed and Cali grinned and gave the finger as the truck accelerated away; she was starting to feel like herself again.

The truck had barely gone 50 yards when it screeched to a halt and its load of beer barrels shifted, sending one barrel toppling onto the sidewalk. Hitting the ground the barrel tipped over and began rolling back down the sidewalk towards a young woman who was pushing her baby, totally unaware of the danger trundling behind her! Without thinking, Cali raced towards the woman and, pushing her and the baby buggy aside, stopped the beer barrel in its tracks and flipped it onto its end! The truck driver rushed from his cab, just as a police officer appeared. "I don't know how it happened, officer" he said "an old lady suddenly stepped off the sidewalk in front of me! Lucky the barrel was empty, I guess!" The cop told him to get the barrel off the sidewalk, adding that in future he should check his loads properly, then he went across to see if the young woman was alright.

Relieved to have escaped so lightly the truck driver gripped the rim of the barrel and tried to flip it over in order to roll it back to his truck, but to his amazement he couldn't move it...it wasn't empty, it was full! “What the heck…..?” he began, "how did she manage to....?" Suddenly, an old woman, leaning heavily on a cane, limped up to the truck driver and cackled “These strong, modern women, they’ll be doing your job soon…only better…they’ll check their loads properly!” The truck driver turned to give the old woman a piece of his mind, but, to his further amazement, she had vanished!
After Cali had given the cop a brief account of what happened the young woman thanked her again and Cali hailed a cab; suddenly she had a strange feeling and wanted to get home as soon as possible.

Back in his precinct's canteen the uniformed cop was telling his colleagues about the incident, but they refused to believe that the barrel that fell off the truck had been full.
“Who was this woman who caught it, Lois Lane?” one grizzled old beat cop guffawed;
“More like Super Girl!” another joined in, laughing.
“I bet you didn’t even get her name…you was too busy looking at her tits, as usual!” the young cops sergeant said scornfully.
Embarrassed by his colleagues derisory laughter the young cop waved his notebook and declared “I got her name right here; Mrs. Cali Woods!” From the back of the room Detective Vincenti suddenly looked up from the book he was reading, his coffee cup poised inches from his mouth; “What did you say her name was?” he asked and the young cop quickly jumped to his feet, causing more laughter. “Cali Woods, Lieutenant, sir!” he stammered. Vincenti frowned; a coincidence? More ribbing of the young cop followed and Vincenti returned to his book, but, as he quietly sipped his coffee his thoughts were elsewhere; Lieutenant Tony Vincenti did not believe in coincidence!

Cali’s nightmares continued but, despite her husband’s concerns, she refused to see another doctor and was soon back at work. Emma, who had recovered from the ordeal with the gang had already returned to work and was surprised, but pleased, when Cali appeared one morning.

House of Amber had offices on the buildings 12th floor and Emma had an office adjoining Cali’s from where she ran the administration. Cali’s PA, Tina, was delighted to see her boss back, as were Cali’s two other assistants, Rachel and Holly, and all three immediately threw questions at her about the incident in China Town; Cali thanked them for their concerns and, laughing, told them to get back to work then went to her own office which looked out onto New Golden Gate Park.
Cali had intended to begin work on what was to be House of Ambers winter collection, but, two hours later, the sheets of paper strewn about her desk were blank, apart for a couple of odd looking sketches.

“Are you sure something like that would be suitable for winter, Cali?” With a jolt Cali looked up and saw Emma standing across her desk holding a cup of coffee. “Oh, sorry, I didn’t hear you come in, Emma. What was that again?” Emma pointed at the blond woman Cali had drawn and said, “Is that for next summer’s swim wear collection?” Cali frowned and replied “Oh, I’m just doodling; sorry, Emm, I’m not very good company today.” Emma placed the coffee on Cali's desk and tried to hide her concern for her friend, but Cali knew her too well; “I’m fine, Emma, honest” she said. Emma smiled and replied; “Well, I’ve got work to do, but if you need me for anything…” Cali waited until Emma had gone and then studied the sketches, sketches she had no recollection of making. Emma was right, the outfit the blond woman was wearing did look like swim wear, but suddenly a light seemed to switch on inside Cali’s head and she gazed at the drawing as if seeing it for the first time, and, taking her pencil, she began drawing again, this time in more detail. Gazing at the somehow eerily familiar woman on the paper an idea occurred to Cali and she rifled through her desk drawers for colored pens, searching for certain colors she somehow knew were important! Finding them she returned to her sketches, working furiously until she suddenly stopped and sat bolt upright in her chair staring incredulously at what she had drawn, …..golden mane falling wildly about her shoulders; firm, high breasts, sculptured, toned body encased in a kinky, almost inappropriate outfit of orange, red and black, and white, knee length boots! She looked like the sort of woman men fantasized about in comic books, but Cali sensed she was all too real!
But there was another figure too, near to the edge of the paper, an old woman bent over on her walking stick….

Suddenly a scream from somewhere in the outer office broke Cali’s reverie and she ran out to see Emma spread across her desk and a man standing over her! Cali stared open mouthed as the man placed a gun against Emma’s head, but strangely she felt no fear and, in a calm, almost serene voice she told Emma not to panic. The man laughed and pressed his big revolver harder against Emma’s skull and she screamed again; in the outer office Cali saw three other men also with guns, all aimed at the rest of her small, loyal work force. “Let my friends go and I won’t hurt you” she said, totally assured and confident, her hands resting on her hips, legs slightly apart, head cocked to one side, almost it seemed to the terrified Emma, as if she was smiling, goading the man! Emma’s assailant called out for one of his comrades and told him to watch Emma, and then he turned to Cali and said “You’re the bitch who was in that fight in China Town with those dykes; why don’t you try your kung fu or whatever you got on a real man!”
With surprising agility he vaulted Emma and moved menacingly towards Cali but, side stepping him she grabbed his arm and hurled him across the room! Before the startled thug could get to his feet Cali picked him up and threw him towards Emma’s desk where he crashed into his comrade! “Down the fire escape, Emma…. Run!” Cali shouted at her stunned friend! Without hesitation Cali ran towards the glass paneling which divided the two offices and hurled herself through it! The two other men simply turned and fled and Cali turned her attention to her terrified but amazed employees! “Mrs. Woods? Is that really you?” Tina asked in a scared, bewildered voice but before Cali could answer another person appeared and said, “Oh yes, it’s you, isn’t it, Cali!” Cali spun around and gasped; it was an old woman, crooked and bent over a stick, but though she looked frail and feeble Cali could sense an aura of evil about her!
Without taking her eyes off the old woman Cali said, her voice suddenly lacking its earlier authority and composure, “Get out of here, go!” and Rachel and Holly ran for the fire exit, but Tina hesitated; it was no secret amongst the others that Tina Shaw admired Cali enormously and was devoted to her. The old woman grinned and cackled, “I do believe this one’s hot for you, Cali!” and suddenly she lashed out with her stick and Tina fell to the floor unconscious! Cali dropped to her knees to check on Tina and didn’t see the two thugs she had dispatched earlier enter the room. “Two armed men taken down by a woman; you’re pathetic!” The old woman sneered and as Cali looked up from Tina she was hit on the head by the butt of a revolver and knocked cold!

On the fire escape Emma was trying to call the police but couldn’t get a signal on her mobile. Rachel and Holly quickly caught up to her and Emma told them to try their phones, but they too were useless. “Come on!” Emma said and started descending the stairs again, but Holly grabbed her shoulder and stopped her; there, coming towards them, was another man. “Not so fast, ladies; back you go!” he said, aiming an automatic pistol at them!

Cali came to with a groan; she was stretched out on a desk, her limbs tied to its legs; Tina was similarly tied to another, but was gagged also. Struggling furiously Cali tried but couldn’t break the ropes around her wrists and ankles and then one of the men grabbed her blouse and ripped it open and then tore off her white, lacey bra! Cali cringed as the man’s rough hands cupped and mauled her breasts; “You bastard!” she spat, “you won’t get away this!” The old woman’s stick suddenly smacked across the desk top and she snarled, “Leave her…for now, but the girls all yours!” Cali screamed at the men not to touch Tina but they ignored her and began tearing off the young girls clothes! “She’s not in your league, but she’ll do!” the thugs leader laughed and, as one of his men ripped the gag from Tina’s mouth he straddled the screaming girl and entered her!

Emma, Rachel and Holly began to climb back up the fire escape but, just as Emma reached the platform at the top she suddenly turned and aimed her phone at the man and fired its camera! Blinded by the flash the man stumbled and fell, but, before Emma could get to safety he grabbed her ankle and they both plummeted to the sidewalk! Rachel and Holly screamed and started back down; below they could see a crowd of people had gathered and Holly shouted at them for help.

Cali inhaled sharply as the old woman’s gnarled, claw like fingers slipped inside her panties as one of the other men chewed on her breasts. The old woman grinned malevolently “You can’t stop us; any chance you might have had you gave away; now, well, you’re just like her!” Snatching hold of Cali’s hair she pulled her head to one side so she could see Tina being violated; never had Cali felt so helpless and worthless as the young woman’s screams pounded her ears. Suddenly another noise could be heard in the distance, quickly getting nearer! “It's the cops! Let’s get out of here!” one of the men yelled! With a snarl of fury and wrath Cali snapped the ropes around her wrists and threw the man feasting on her breast across the room! The others were already heading for the door but, breaking the bonds around her ankles Cali chased after them! One of the men tried to fire his gun but Cali knocked it out of his hand and then smashed her fist into his face, sending him crashing to the floor! “Bravo!” the old woman said and Cali turned to her, her eyes glowing orange with fury; crippled old woman or not she intended to kill her…..but she was not a crippled old woman….now she was….what? Cali stared incredulously as the old woman seemed to change shape before her eyes, growing in size, radiating power, power and sheer evil! “Till we meet again, Princess!” she, or it, laughed and something lifted Cali into the air and held her there, struggling futilely as the terrifying entity raised the stick into the air and plunged it down between Tina’s breasts! With fearsome power Cali was hurled backwards across the room and she crumpled in a heap on the floor in the corner!

Detective Vincenti had just crossed the Golden Gate Bridge when a call came on his radio; at least two people had been killed on Bay Street outside the building owned by House of Amber. For a second Vincenti wondered why the name was familiar, but then he remembered! Switching on his lights and siren he screeched to a halt, U turned in the middle of the street, somehow avoiding the other traffic, and raced towards New Golden Gate Park!

When Vincenti arrived there were already two black and white cruisers outside the building and, holding his Gold Shield before him, he ran inside and took the elevator to the 12th floor. Cali was perched on a desk where a doctor was attending to her and Vincenti asked a uniformed cop what had happened then, when the doctor had finished, he spoke to Cali. Despite his attempts to remain professional and detached Vincenti was finding it hard not to become involved, and Cali’s state of undress wasn’t helping! Sensing the detective’s discomfort Cali tied her ruined blouse together as best she could and, considering what she had endured, Vincenti could not help but be impressed by her dignified poise and bearing.

“She was just 18” Cali said sadly as Tina’s body was carried out on a stretcher, “she didn’t deserve to die.” Vincenti swallowed and fiddled with his note book; “I’m afraid I have more bad news; Miss Washington fell from the fire escape; I’m sorry but…” Cali buried her face in her hands and wept and Vincenti put his arm around her. “We contacted your husband and he’s coming to take you home; we have statements from the others but I'll need to speak to you again.” Cali raised her head and stared at Vincenti; “What’s happening to me? First the assault, then the truck; I have nightmares each night, that old woman….” Lowering her eyes she continued, “She was here; she killed Tina.” Vincenti glanced at his notes and replied, “According to the coroner, um, Miss Shaw was stabbed.” Cali took a deep breath and decided to tell the detective everything, although she was sure he would think she was insane!

“This old woman” Vincenti asked when Cali had finished her incredible tale, “do you know her? Can you describe her? You see, Mrs. Woods, the truck driver said an old woman stepped out in front of him, causing him to brake suddenly, and an old woman called for help the night you and Miss Washington were attacked!” Cali suddenly became animated and jumped from the desk and said, “I can do better than that; I can draw her!”
Vincenti followed Cali into her office and watched as Cali sketched. “That’s her, that’s the woman I saw here today and who I have nightmares about!” Vincenti studied the image which was quite detailed showing the old woman’s crooked back, long straggly hair, parchment like skin and wrinkled, gnarled hands; "You say she transformed into something else?" Vincenti asked, acutely aware most other cops would have had Cali taken to a head doctor! "Yes!" Cali replied angrily, "but I can't describe or draw what I saw!" Then Vincenti noticed the other sheets of paper on Cali’s desk and saw the pictures she had drawn earlier of the blond and he glanced strangely at Cali; “Are these two related? Does the blond have anything to do with all this?” Vincenti asked and frowning, Cali replied that she didn’t know; “but I dreamed about her too!” she said. Vincenti picked up the sheet of paper and studied the woman more carefully; “Do you know her?” he asked and Cali admitted she looked familiar. Vincenti looked at the drawing again and then straight at Cali; “So you should" he said, his expression blank but his eyes confused and perplexed….."so you should.....it’s you, Mrs. Woods!”
flirty_but_nice
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Hmmm, I don't know why there's no comments here. I really enjoyed the instalment!
xoxo
Jenn (aka Flirty)