Terry- a sample of a bigger project Im working on-

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
4havokk
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Terry

(Friday Oct.29 Bubba Jiggleez 8:45PM)
Come on Lapp! Get on the fuckin’ job! Terry shakily sighed, finding it extremely difficult to fall into her alias. She cracked the dressing room door and looked at the packed bar. The sickening dark laughter of male and female thugs filled her ears. She trembled nervously as she watched her fellow costumed co-workers, snarling as Wonder Woman was rudely pulled onto a biker’s lap and fondled. Terry pushed the door shut, lighting a cigarette as she walked toward her reflection in the mirror, God these jerks are going to eat me alive in this. She blew out the cigarette smoke, shooting a pitiful glance to the door. Come on girl fall into character. You know it’s always Halloween in this shit hole! Lord knows I’ve worn enough fantasy wear for these pricks. She pulled a heavy drag from her cigarette as she looked back at her reflection. Man they seem more aggressive tonight.
She scowled at her appearance. Bubba definitely got this from the one size fits all rack. Black long sleeves of the Lycra top caressed her arms. Velcro tabs on her shoulders fastened the silver outlined black cape that hung down behind her knees. A silver upside down triangle and large ‘S’ stretched across her chest. A half inch band of silver trim wrapped around her rib cage, barely inches below her chest. Christ this is nothing more than a bra with sleeves, she grunted, crushing out the cigarette. She again struggled to fall into character staring into the mirror’s reflection, looking past her toned exposed torso. She adjusted the wide silver belt, letting it sit loose at her waist. Terry pulled at the bottom edge of the matching joke of a skirt that fit so snuggly it rode up her thighs every time she moved. She wriggled her nylon covered toes in the black boots sighing. She then glanced at her right ring finger, examining the small violet gem set in the thin silver band, “Open your hand push down on the stone…” Sara’s instructions on the ring’s use flowed through Terry’s mind as she turned her hand over looking at the palm of her hand. She couldn’t help but wonder where the needle was hidden. All I have to do is prick the skin and Bubba goes thud. Terry drew a labored breath as she opened the door, dreadfully pondering how many times she would be felt up before reaching the bar.

(9:20PM)
Putrid odors of the darkened third floor apartment sailed into her nostrils. Inquisition Agent Sara Walker, the wearer of two badges, shuttered while choking back the gagging lump in her throat. God what is that fucking smell…cat piss, sewage…? Another urge to vomit charged through the pit of her stomach and throat; she wretched at her neck, fighting the acidic sensation back. She cast her eyes to the partially opened bathroom door, the small stream of light barely illuminating the rotting walls of her surroundings. Sara shook her head, unable to believe that in the 1920s the little shit pit was considered high end and the more well to do happily paid out the four hundred dollars a month rent to reside in what now is a slum. “Jesus, a person could break their neck in here,” she huffed, stumbling on a warped floor board as she tried to make her way to the broken double window. Sara peered into the telescopic sight of the audio wand, making small adjustments until the red dot centered on Bubba’s office window. Giddiness and anxiety churned deep inside her, as she knelt down eyeing the subdued red, green and yellowish glows, lighting the dials and feedback gages of the wands base unit. Sara placed the tiny ear piece inside her left ear and stood up leaning into the wall, stuffing her hands inside her deep navy blue trench coat pockets. No trace evidence, she thought biting down on her lip, resisting her body’s craving for a cigarette.

(11:30PM)
The squeal of the apartment door and creek of the loose floor broads shook Sara out of a day dream. She calmly gazed at the thin beam of the bathroom light. “Thunder.”
“Clap.” The shadow replied nervously.
“You make the delivery?”
“Yeah. Sure wish somebody would fill me in on what’s going on though.” He looked to Sara, his inquisitive expression somewhat obscured by African skin tint and the apartment’s darkness. “I mean do we actually have people in there?” He asked.
Sara grinned as she approached the recruit, “Hell, I wish I knew what is going on. Agent Marley just brought me on as an observer for this training exercise. I really shouldn’t be discussing this with you. All I know is that it’s a surveillance task. He didn’t give me any details. I’m guessing he just wants me to grade the exercise when we debrief.” She gazed at the gang banger, disguised 20ish youth. “Here’s a bit of advice kid,” her tone that of a mentor, “Until you graduate from Seminary and take the Inquisition’s Papal Oath, you are graded and evaluated on everything, and I mean everything.”
“Oh boy,” he nodded, “So where is agent…”
“Marley went on a coffee run. He should be back any minute.” Sara interrupted, watching him walk toward the bathroom.
The strange sense of a pinch and mind numbing burst briefly surged through the recruit’s head. Shock and disbelieve forever etching on his face, as the black and white tiled bathroom floor raced up to meet him.
The puff of smoke slowly degraded into tendril like whiffs at the business end of the silenced Berretta. Sara kept the pistol trained on the body, kneeling, watching his torso expand one last time. Her gloved hand groped along the floor retrieving the spent casing, dropping the expended cartridge into her left coat pocket. That’ll muck things up a bit. Shit, this will sure as fuck confuse the shit out of Bubba. She peered into the now fully opened bathroom door, ignoring the recruit’s body language. Why was he here? What was he working on? Marley sat slumped back into the tank of the toilet with his shaved head tilted into his chest. The moldy white wallpapered bathroom wall was decorated with the spatter of gray matter, skull fragments and droplets of blood. A large rat stared at her from behind Marley’s shoulder for a second or so then returned to the licking and nibbling of an easy meal. A thin stream of blood trickled from the discolored hole in his forehead, forking at the top of Marley’s nose, then continuing its slow downward flow. Sara shuttered, even in death the husky Marley was still intimidating. His cheap black suit coat was open, revealing the shoulder holstered revolver that was not standard Inquisition issue. The sloppily loosened tie, white shirt and black trousers gave Marley an aura of a down on his luck fifty something hit man.
I should have pumped Marley for some information before I popped him. Sara rose, coldly eyeing the bodies, a dark grin forced itself on her lips. Giddiness and a strange high swelled inside her making her head shake in a mute chuckle. She slipped the silenced Berretta into her right coat pocket as she turned away from her two unknowing accomplices. Evidence planted and taken. A last second discovery and alteration to a very complex and risky plan. Sara ran through the mental check list leaving nothing to chance, her left hand disappearing into her coat pocket feeling for the spent brass. Again the mystery of Marley’s presence began to pester her. Sara glanced over her shoulder looking back to the lighted bathroom, shooing the puzzlement away. Pfft, it’ll come out in the wash. A vile smile washed away her small grin, thanks for the help patsies, Sara scoffed leaving the apartment.

(12:10AM)
“Come on, come on.” Terry nervously whispered, her fingers fidgeting and her legs shifting in anxiety. Christ, how long is he going to be down there? Her hands dropped down to her skirt, again pulling it down, as she leaned on Bubba’s desk. Keep your cool girl. He’ll be back soon enough. Her skin bristled under the confines of her skimpy Super Girl costume. She rubbed her sweaty palms, reflecting on the nights events. Pigs, Terry scowled, remembering the hourly raffling of her fellow heroine costumed co-workers. Luckily for Terry, at least, it was a rigged raffle. The thought of being won and used by some stranger appalled her. Her fingers dug into the edge of the desk. Terry stared at the plastic green handcuffs, a prop of weakness for the Kryptonion she represented, laying on the discarded black and silver cape upon the brown leather couch in front of her. She groaned remembering the show her alias, Terry Lapp, had put on as her ‘owner’, the mob Don costumed, Bubba, led the captured and weakened heroine away. “Depowered and soon to be deflowered.” She shuttered as Bubba’s loud words of jest to the crowd flowed through her mind. She turned lighting a cigarette, sweating out the final moments of her mission. A strange sense of success and relief seemed to blanket her, soon Dree. Terry sadly thought as she heard the office door open behind her.
The cigarette crushed between her fingers. Terry gasped in shock, her eyes open wide, seeing the photo tossed in front of her. Oh God!!No!! She shook in disbelief staring at the familiar duty uniform of her mother and the large bright smiling face of herself in her Prep School uniform, holding the Academic achievement award. This was in my…no Sara why…? Terry spun around, feeling naked and totally exposed in front of the large Mexican. Out of fear and survival instinct Terry immediately kicked Bubba in his nut sack, he swore stumbling backward onto the couch. She stumbled tripping over his foot in her desperate dash for the door. In a panic Terry crawled to the door only to see one of the bouncers standing there ready to grab her. Her right fist drove into his belt line. Her hard shot doubled him over, the terrified teen scrambled backward to get out from under him. Terry gripped the desk corner, quickly getting to her feet she suddenly faltered, her right arm felt tingly. The sensation rapidly spread throughout her body, Terry stared in horror into her hand, seeing the tiny red speck in the fold of her ring finger. Nooo… the thought trailed off as her face and her mind began to swim into a stoned oblivion. Terry twisted to the front of the desk, her legs feeling like jello, her fingers dug into the desk edge anchoring her as the room began to spin.
Bubba slid off the couch to the floor, grunting and recovering from Terry’s blow to his balls. He grimaced as he watched the girl’s odd behavior. “I’ll handle this.” He moaned, waving off the hunched over bouncer. Terry suddenly spun facing him, then fell back, knocking pens, books and other items off the desk as her arms and legs weakly flayed around in desperation. Bubba slowly clambered to his feet and staggered to the desk, he caught Terry’s right hand as it sailed through the air. A broad sadistic grin appeared on his face. “Well I haven’t seen one of these in years.” He grunted to his bouncer, pointing out the ring. Bubba dropped her hand and sat down on the couch, taking in the show. “Get some guys together, check around and take care of any, well, trouble.”
“On it. What about her?” The bouncer asked, enjoying the sight of Terry’s squirming.
“Don’t know yet, but man the little bitch is beyond cloud nine.” Bubba replied, feeling a dark yearning come over him. “Close the door on your way out.”
Get…up got got …to run…run run run awayyy… Terry could see the words melt into grains of nothingness in her head. The tight fit of her costume felt like it had become alive constricting and consuming her body. The ring’s drug played havoc with her brain. Elevating and dropping Terry’s body temperature, pitching the helpless young woman into sever hot and cold flashes. She could feel the Earth’s gravity crushing down upon her making it difficult to breath. A desperate raspy whimper crept out as she slithered off the desk and onto her knees. Terry’s hands rummaged through her hair in reaction to the bugs that her brain thought were there. Mmmm… move…got…to ru… another thought turned to dust, her mouth opened to heave in a deep breath of air. Bubba spiraled in vile urges, Terry’s tempting open mouth, and the heave of her chest as she gulped for air enthralling him. He reached down undoing his pants. Terry’s eyes fluttered trying to focus on the twelve then two and then six half dressed Bubbas approaching her.
Deep down she knew what was coming, but her stoned stew of a brain couldn’t fully grasp the concept. She felt his hands grip her shoulders lifting, then throwing her onto the desk. His fingers savagely tore a hole through the thin nylon barrier and simply moved her panties aside. Bubba’s fingers forced their way in. Terry tried to repel him, but her slaps and clawing to Bubba’s face were nothing more than sickening feeble caresses. “Yeah, that’s it bitch try and fight it!” Bubba hissed, “I like’em to struggle.”
Terry felt his free hand on her shoulder pulling her closer, “N… Na…NOOOOO!!!”
Sara winced as Terry’s frantic bellow burst through the ear piece, caring little for her sufferings. “Just a means to an end.” Sara muttered as she hid in the dark ally of Bubba Jiggleez. She could not help but smile as the first part of her plot came to a successful close. I do believe the Department Darling will soon be effectively neutralized. Sara giggled, shaking her head, moving her coat sleeve to look at her watch, 12:35AM. She listened intently as Bubba finished his rape of the police captain’s daughter and called out to one of his thugs, with Terry moaning in the background.
Bubba sat back into the couch buckling his pants, lighting a cigar. “Ah, what to do with ya.” He sniffed his finger, enjoying Terry’s scent, ogling the now unconscious girl, reminiscing in her tight fit. “Damn shame,” he glared at her sleeping body, scratching his cheek. Man this is bad. Captain Firth’s daughter, shit her Ma is going to unleash hell.
“Hey, boss?” The bouncer peered through the door, “You done?”
“Yeah.” Bubba replied with a deep satisfied, lacy tone. “Find anything?”
“Well,” the thug groaned, “You’re not gonna like this. But there’s surveillance set up right across the street. Fuck, looking straight into here.”
“And?” Bubba asked, watching him lite a cigarette with shaky hands. “Well?!”
“Somebody beat us to em. Two dudes, head shot. I don’t think they were Johny Laws though.” The bouncer pulled a drag off his cigarette, “Their equipment was homemade.” He saw Bubba’s glare, “No recording device either, just a sound detector. Someone looking to muscle in ya think?”
“Don’t be a fuck’in dip shit!” Bubba snorted, “That’s a cop’s kid on my desk. Fucking use your damn head.” He leaned forward with his teeth clenching down on the cigar. Shit what am I going to do? This is embarrassing. A fuck’in cop’s kid! Firth’s daughter no less. Fuck, fuck, FUCK!!!
Bubba jolted off the couch moving toward the desk. A groan escaped the incapacitated Terry as she was carelessly shoved onto the floor. Bubba picked up the photo, “I don’t like strangers who do favors.” He grunted, turning his chilling gaze to Terry, pondering what to do with her.
“We could just make a call and dump her in the Quarantine Zone. Hell, let the Vermin have her.” The thug suggested.
Fucking idiot. “Yeah, right. Tell the Thorns that we just had Allison Firth’s little precious bumping around here for the last three weeks. Christ, you fucking moron! We’ll be Vermin bait! No, we have to handle this fucking mess.” Bubba snarled. Suddenly a sinister laughish howl pushed through Bubba’s throat, “Oh yeah, that will most certainly work.” The bouncer looked at his boss, puzzled by the dark laughter. Bubba glanced evilly to the thug, “Ya know its Halloween weekend.” He chuckled, “We can give her to the Red Cell. Its initiation time for them and I promised them a party favor.”
“Oh man that’s cold dude. Shit I think those nuts will fuck her even after she’s gone into the light. I’ll pull the van to the ally.”

Predictable. Sara chuckled as she listened in on the conversation. You think these idiots would have shut the audio equipment off. Twits! She gleamed in overwhelming satisfaction, pleased that her homework was paying off. God, the fates must be smiling on me. Everything is falling together beautifully.
She backed into the shadows as she watched Terry limply hang over the bouncer’s shoulders with her hands and booted feet duck taped together swaying with his stride. Sara sighed watching him dump Terry into the back of a van. Foolish girl; so easily led. Guilt is such a wonderful motivator. The afterglowish thought sailed gleefully through Sara’s mind, as she snuck off to her car. The van backed out of the ally, Sara counted off a few seconds and followed after it, tossing the ear piece out the window. Her fate is as good as sealed. Just need to confirm the where they’re going to be and the rest is up to me. She lit a cigarette, enjoying the anxiety.

4havokk
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

STRONG ARM
(Saturday, Oct.30. 3:10PM)

Lee yawned, unlocking the `stang’s door, **
looking across the parking lot of St. Anna Hospital. Wish I could tell Dree what I’ve been up to the last few weeks. He leaned on the car’s roof, eyeing the hospital building, seeking out Dree’s room window. He glanced at the back of his hand, grimacing at his swollen and bruised knuckles. He sighed tiredly reflecting, shaking his head harshly, turning his gaze back to the building. She probably would jump my shit for leaving Holms alone for so long. Lee clenched his teeth lighting a cigarette, Sorry Dree, but Sye’s right. If that bastard Holms is in Brent Thorns pocket, well… he pulled an angry drag from his cigarette, were they watching you or me? Don’t worry girl. I’ll get’em; both of them. It’s just going to take some time.

“Ah, Mr. Dresden.” Lee glanced in the direction of too sweet southern drawl, watching the woman approach him. Sara grinned graciously while her gloved left hand brushed the trench coat aside revealing the Inquisition badge fastened to her belt. “Thought that was you.” She cocked her head, scratching behind her right ear, noticing Lee’s cautious gaze. “I was wondering if I could have a moment of your time.” Sara glanced to the pavement then back to Lee, pleased to see his suspicious gaze.

“This about recruiting me?” Lee shifted uncomfortably, seeing her chuckle.

“Well actually, I just need a lift. My partner got called away and...” Sara crossed her arms, looking to the teen. “It’s sort of embarrassing really. I was going to call for a cab, but…” She sighed, “I had what you call a blonde moment. I left my purse at my apartment.” Sara shot a flirtatious woman in distress gaze to Lee, satisfied by its effect on him. “I don’t mean to put you out, but where we, I mean, I have to go to a church on County C. It’s about ten miles south of the city. I have a way back I just need to get there.”

“Sure…” Not like I have anywhere to be the rest of the day and with Tawnya gone chasing leads on her witch hunt… “Hop on in.” Lee leaned across the Mustang’s seats, unlocking the passenger door. Maybe I can pick her brains on witches. Lord knows Tawnya and Sye ain’t telling me squat. He watched his passenger settle into the bucket seat though the corner of his eye, feeling the all too familiar pulse of worry for his mentor. Damn it Tawnya why don’t you let me help you. Just be…just get back safe!

(Grace Falls Church)
Man this place is creepy. “Thought you said this was a church?” Lee shuttered, his question met with silence. Christ, even the ground looks dead. If this is Holy Ground then God pissed on it. He thought as he followed the Inquisition Agent to the neglected building. White paint peeled off the decades old siding, most of the windows were shattered or covered by warped, weather beaten plywood. The church steeple leaned ominously to the right of the war damaged roof, its heavy bell partially seen breaking though the rotting tower. “You sure it’s safe to go in there? This place looks like she’s ready to fall in on itself.” Lee asked, crushing a cigarette with his boot.

“Have a little faith.” Sara replied, entering the church and stopping at the threshold, “You coming in?”

That an order or a request? Lee thought, noticing the change in her tone. He eyed the surrounding landscape, as the woman continued on into the church. Her ride must be parked in the back, he thought as he noticed the tire trail mashed into the knee high, yellowed grass that swayed mildly with the breeze. He resisted the foreboding churning deep in his stomach as he waded through the grass and tested the rotten wooden steps with his left foot.

Daylight streamed through the jagged gaping holes in the church’s roof. Lee turned to his side, walking backwards in curious morbid observation. The balcony pitched forward its lower supports that tilted and bowed under its weight. Graffiti covered the weather ravaged holed walls. The hard wood floor moaned with every foot step. Empty beer bottles and cans littered the floor, along with a variety of discarded fast food wrappers and other snack bags. The pews were shoved out of their original positions for the convenience of intoxicated socializing, Lee assumed. The outside breeze invaded through every hole or crack it could find, causing a haunting howl, like angry angels chastising the two visitors for allowing a house of God to exist in such a decrepit state. Yeah I’d be pissed too. Lee shook his head as he turned toward the altar where he saw the figure on the cross covered with perverse art work.

Catch!”

Lee caught the Berretta with his bare hands, quickly dropping the magazine and locked the slide back catching the ejected cartridge in mid-air. Throwing a gun with a round in pipe? I expected more out of an Inquisition agent. He gazed at the woman suspiciously. What’s going on? A gun…here? Oh man, giving her a lift may have been a mistake. He placed the bullet, gun and magazine on the altar. “Don’t think he would appreciate this.” Lee said, looking to the figure on the cross, “Bring’n a gun into…”

“It is not a sin to bring a weapon into God’s house, but their use here is frowned upon.” Sara interrupted with a dark ominous tone. So he is familiar with handling firearms. I wonder how many he’s handled. She looked to him, “I’m afraid I have to apologize Mr. Dresden. I tricked you; a little deception to bring you here to discuss your future.” She opened her trench coat, making sure Lee could see her shoulder holstered Sig Sauer automatic and Inquisition badge.

“I knew someth’n was screwy when we got here. I heard you were think’n bout recruiting me. Don’t you all have an office for that?” Lee asked bitterly, backing away from the altar. “Forget it, not interested.” He turned abruptly heading for the exit.

Sara shook her head and grinned as she went behind the altar to retrieve a black brief case. “Mr. Dresden, due to the fact that the Tribunal has been unable to come to an uninfluenced verdict…”

“Huh? Come on lady the cowardice charge was dropped…” Lee grunted, slowing his pace “What part of forget it don’t you understand! Just back off.”

Sara ignored his outburst. “Their authority has been revoked.” Her calm tone suddenly became cold and dominating. “The Inquisition now has jurisdiction over you.” She smiled in vile satisfaction when Lee froze in place.

“What?” Lee questioned, returning her ugly smile with a bullish gaze. The woman’s calm demeanor and light tapping of her gloved fingers on the briefcase stank of a self-assured arrogance that quickly rubbed him the wrong way. A painful migraine headache began to surge; Lee winced finding it hard to think clearly through its painful pulses.

“Your first assignment is simply a timed exercise…”

“Timed exercise?” Lee muttered, stunned by the agent’s boldness. “Look lady, I don’t think…” The loud harsh slap of Sara’s gloved hand on the brief case shook through him.

“You should just shut that mouth and listen!” Sara said sharply, her fingers releasing the clasps on the briefcase. “I anticipated your resistance Mr. Dresden.” Her hand disappeared behind the opened brief case, emerging and laying out three manila file folders. Hardball just like I figured. She chuckled, “It was to be expected from one who keeps the company of terrorists.” Sara lit a cigarette enjoying the nervous gaze of the teen walking back toward the altar. She opened the first folder, spreading out her notes and surveillance photos.

Lee shuttered, seeing a black and white photo of Tawnya in her Jaguar picking him from School. No… His stomach rolled, his migraine pulsated as he fingered the photos. God, she’s been watching her for a while. Lee’s mouth hung slightly opened, struggling to come up with a reply.

Sara drew a smug drag from her cigarette, crossing her arms. “Tawnya Martin, aka Tawnya Smith, aka Tawnya Ruger and so on, but she is better known as Tawnya of Marseille.” A chilling grin pursed Sara’s lips. “She is classified as an immortal. A player in some wretched game of head count. She is a suspected associate of an organization known as The Templars. The Church has recently declared them heretics; outlaws now under Inquisition jurisdiction.”

“How…how do you know this?” Lee’s voice trembled, unable to pull his eyes away from the photos of his mentor and woman that mattered most in his life. Who the hell are the Templars? Tawnya what are you involved in? Terrorist? No. Not her! Lee stood shaking his head in shock and disbelief, his head throbbing in both confusion and mind numbing migraine pains. “How?”

“From you.” Sara answered dryly, “The first time we met.”

“The grave yard? Bull shit!” Lee winced, agitated by the agent’s laugh.

“The Peterson funeral?” Sara shook her head, “I’m not surprised that you do not recall our little get together.” She inhaled on her cigarette while looking at Lee with mock pity. “You were heavily medicated after all.” Lee cocked his head in puzzlement as she continued. “We first met in quarantine Mr. Dresden. The night of the Vermin outbreak.” She said blowing out the smoke. “Fate put you under my care you might say.” Sara’s dark grin returned. “You must have pissed off some powerful people. The average stay in quarantine is six days and it was obvious that you were not bitten. In fact you were never at risk of becoming Vermin. Someone of great influence extended that stay.”

“Beth’s father.” Lee muttered.

Sara laughed again. “Even William Campbell doesn’t have that much juice. But that is of no concern to me.” She said coldly. “Fate may have put you into quarantine, but divine intervention guided our paths.” She crossed her arms, pondering what was going though the flustered teens head. “Thirteen days of my watchful eye and most importantly, my open ears. Oh and the things you said. I thought it was all gibberish at first, but…well, a little listening and research went a long way.” Sara reached out lightly, patting Tawnya’s file, smiling in perverse satisfaction. “A very long way.” That’s it. Just keep the pressure on. She thought, struggling to keep her giddiness at bay. “You wouldn’t believe how many police, Intelligence Agencies and other organizations that would love to have a chat with her.” She crushed out her cigarette, reveling in the effect her chilling tone had on Lee. “Thanks to you I now have the only known pictures of her.

'No…Damn I don’t remember any of that. God Tawnya what have I done. The horrid thought exploded in his mind, only adding to the agonizing migraine. Got to get out of here. Let her know…escape and evade… Lee winced. It was now extremely difficult to think, the very process of even forming a thought brought on extreme agony. He clenched his teeth resisting the pain behind his eyes as Sara retrieved a photo.

“Such a beautiful woman.” Sara purred. “It would be a shame to let others take the credit for her capture, hell her execution. She does have a lot of blood on her delicate hands.” She glared deviously at Lee. “I’m sure the Church could find a use for…for… well, let’s face it, she’s got a body built to be ravaged. Yes, a Papal correctional facility would be fitting for her.” Sara marveled at the horrified curiosity etched on his face. Her tone becoming all too casual, “We do police our own Mr. Dresden. The Church cannot afford the embarrassment of Priests who take up with their altar boys.” Sara set the photo on the altar sighing, “Such a lusty little thing, mmm, I’m sure inmates would line up in droves just for their shot at being…” She chuckled evilly, “corrected. An immortal like her can most definitely take the physical abuse of a rape camp.” Sara watched Lee’s hand close into a fist. Looks like I struck a nerve. Hmmm more leverage maybe?

No! Lee glared at the Inquisition agent. You fucking go after her and I’ll… His vengeful thought burst into a painful pulse. He stood quivering in silence fearing that any word he might be able to speak would only bring unspeakable horror to the one he secretly loved. Sye’s teaching on the treatment of women and Tawnya’s training in female assassins’ conflict each other, leaving him powerless to act.

“The old man, Sye is it. I wonder how long that old coot will last in a Vatican forget me not.” Sara added coldly, “I have no doubt that he is somehow involved with Miss. Martin’s activities.” She cautiously eyed Lee who looked like he would launch himself at her at any moment. “Be warned Mr. Dresden, this is a house of God.” Her hand pulled a small familiar object from her coat pocket. “This is a communication device. If I fail to check in, well… let’s just say, people very close to you are being watched. Do you understand?” She grinned at his scowling face while flipping opens another file. “So how is Dree doing? I hear that she’ll be off the respirator soon.”

“She’s got nothing to do with me!” Lee painfully hissed.

“Oh please Mr. Dresden. I have checked the sign in log at the hospital. You, Miss. Martin and Sye are her only routine visitors. You have a great loyalty to her. I must admit, I do find it sad that none of her other friends have gone to visit her. Such a shame.”
“Leave her alone she’s been through enough!” Lee’s voice cracked with guilt.

“Ah how I wish I could. She may be your friend but to me she is nothing more than leverage.” Sara tapped on Dree’s file. “It’s amazing the things one may find when eliminating a history or a presence. Cathy Peterson’s suicide…”

“What does that have to do with this?”

“At first nothing, but now, well, like I said leverage. Have a look.” Sara ordered, pointing at the file.

Jesus Christ! Lee gasped staring at the color pictures, damning visual evidence of Dree’s and Cathy’s lifestyle. He nervously examined the sequenced pictures seeing the automatic camera’s reflection in the mirror behind the two naked lovers.

“I discovered these at the Peterson home after the funeral. The negatives and copies I found in the zippered ass of a stuffed dog at the Harman residence. It is obvious that neither of the girls ever thought the pictures would see the light of day.” Sara sighed, “Homosexuality is still a shunning offence Mr. Dresden.”

“You wouldn’t…Dree can’t even defend…she’d lose her medical treatment! She’d be thrown into the streets!” A lump hung in Lee’s throat, “Dree would die… You can’t…”

“In a heartbeat.” Sara scoffed, “Those pictures are all I need to make my case. The Tribunals seats won’t even get warm.” She darkly joked, reaching into brief case tossing another color picture on top of the altar. “And we can’t leave out the rest. I have no proof of course. But lesbians usually hang around their own.”

The stress of the situation added fuel to Lee’s migraine. His heart raced in panic as he eyed the goofy huddle of girls on the park bench. Heartless bitch! Even Dree’s friends. A blanket of burden began to wrap and strangle him. He groaned, scowling as Sara made her threat.

“Ronnie Hacker, Amanda Daniels and I can’t recall the blonde’s name, but …” She scratched behind her ear. “I’m sure they will break and confess under Inquisition interrogation techniques.”

Lee stumbled backwards, leaning on the back of a pew, digging in his leather jacket for his cigarettes. The weight of the world seemed to lay upon his shoulders, his face flush with stress and desperation. He felt trapped and speechless and his migraine clouding his thought processes. Fuck, she’s going to ass rape everybody to get what she wants. He looked at the woman. Bitch wants me. Oh man, Tawnya I’m deep in the shit now. He miserably thought, wishing Tawnya was watching his back. I really need you now!

Now to seal the deal. Sara smiled briefly moving to the front of the altar. “Let’s get two things perfectly clear Lee. One, you are recruited, deal with it and accept it. Two, I do not make idle threats. These people are nothing to me. You are their parole, do you understand?” She glared at Lee waiting for his acknowledgement, “Do you understand!!?”

“Yeah.” Lee grunted in surrender, her words loomed in his throbbing head. Christ killing myself won’t even protect them, her… He winced to the thought of Tawnya being taken by some perverted corrupt Priest; it rotted in his heart.

“Good.” Sara grabbed the third file. “Your first assignment. It’s a simple smash ‘n’ grab task. Make no mistake Lee, this is the real thing. I’m sure little Miss. Martin taught you some of the tricks of her trade.”

“What am I grabbing?” He croaked.

“You’ll know it when you see it.” Sara tossed the sealed file to his feet. “Your instructions and relevant information are in the file.” She looked at her watch. “I’ll be gracious seeing that this is your first task. You have until 18 hundred hours, that’s 6pm, tomorrow evening.” Sara watched Lee pick up the file and head for the altar. “What do you think you are doing?”

“Taking the gun.” Lee answered stubbornly.

“That will not be necessary for this task.” Sara scoffed, walking between the altar and Lee. “Clock’s tic’n.”

The angry howl of the Mustang’s motor sailed through the church, Sara packed the gun and two files inside the brief case, breathing a sigh of relief. I shouldn’t have lied to him. She huffed gazing blankly at the Berretta as she closed the brief case. Unarmed and alone, it’s the only way to know if he’s up to the job. Sara looked up at the figure on the cross. He seemed to be looking down on her with harsh disapproval. I know you don’t like this but something has to be done. She pulled a deep drag from her cigarette, looking at her watch, feeling the cold hearted bitch awaken. Fourteen hours, Terry is probably dead by now. Come on forget her. Remember they call you Frost for a damn good reason.
Last edited by 4havokk 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4havokk
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Smash n Grab
(Sturgeon Bay area)
The moon shined all too brilliantly in the cloudless night sky, casting shadows through the semi leafless trees that surround Lee’s Mustang. Lee sat silently as he watched five deer slowly stray through the Fall foliage, feeling only minor relief by their presence. Good sign, no Vermin nearby at least. He scratched his head, sighing in frustration. I should have called Tawnya. Man her and Sye are going to be pissed. What the fuck am I doing?!
“Fuck!” His hand stung from the impulsive slap of the `stang’s dash board. He shook his head, tightening his lips angrily as he glared out the car window. Sturgeon fuckin Bay humph, can’t get more nowhere than here. Should ‘a used my fuckin head and took my time at least. I got here way too fucking early. Lee switched on the car’s dope light, feeling extremely anxious and pissy as he read and re-read his instructions.
Regardless of condition? What the fuck does that mean?! Cigarette smoke flowed out of his nostrils. “This is fuckin bullshit!” He growled, throwing the half smoked cigarette out the car window. Know it when I see it nnnnngh, BITCH! An angry tremor raced through his body as he violently slid into a slouch in the Mustang’s driver seat, fighting his urge to tear the paper to shreds. Lee closed his eyes, lighting another cigarette. Keep your cool man. Remember what Tawnya taught you and relax. Keep your head clear. He inhaled deeply on his cigarette as he stared at the cluster of papers sloppily displayed on the seat next to him. Sara’s threats seared through his head. Keep them safe Lee; keep her safe. He looked to his watch “10 fucking 30. May as well get on with this cluster fuck.” Lee snorted, reaching into the back seat to retrieve the newly purchased ski mask and black leather driving gloves. At least the bitch’s map is ok. Have to admit it looks like some detailed Intel. Humph, damn I wish I knew what the objective is. Lee stepped out of the car, tossing the cigarette away. He leaned in and slowly caressed the roof of his Mustang. “Take’r easy girl. Nobody will see you here. I won’t be too long.” He whispered, closing the door and patting the roof. “I hope.”
Lee made his way through the trees, taking cover near a large stump as he looked across the country road. Map said it’s a half mile long driveway, give or take. The trees on either side are good cover. I have to stay low though. He looked to the sky wishing for some cloud cover as he pulled the ski mask over his face. Lee fisted his hands trying to stretch out the leather gloves that were a size too small. The butterflies in his stomach were causing him to feel slightly uneasy. Let’s get this done and get the hell home. He nervously thought as he scrambled across the road and disappearing in the trees.
(Armistice)
(The Sye residence, 10:30PM)
“Sye, have you heard from…?” Tawnya peered into the study, frowning at the sight of the lighted empty room. Where are they? She switched off the light, shaking her head in frustration. I’m going to have get on Lee about the importance of checking in. She thought, rubbing her neck in motherly concern as she entered the kitchen and reached for the phone. An emotional pulse ran through her as the door opened behind her. “Luther have you seen Lee or Sye?” She asked pulling her hand away from the phone.
“Sye has arranged an overnight stay in the hospital with Dree. He sent me back for some items.” Luther answered, draping his overcoat on a kitchen chair. “I believe Lee went to visit Dree this afternoon.”
“Oh yeah, he did mention that; but, that was hours ago.” Tawnya crossed her arms, thumbing her chin as she leaned into the counter top. Her motherly worry began to evolve into darker concerns as she reflected on X’s promise of brutality on her cherished apprentice.
“Sye did mention that Lee was thinking of visiting some of Dree’s friends. Something about getting them to visit her, I think.” Luther said casually. “Maybe it went better than expected and he’s out with them.” He added, watching Tawnya’s eyebrows raise.
“That is kind of risky.” Tawnya grimaced in mild jealousy, moving to a chair. “Well as long as he doesn’t run into Javelin and stays out of Wor Locks.”
Luther sat across from her rolling his head tiredly. “I know that look. You’re worried about him.” He sighed, seeing her nod. “You think Javelin…”
“She’s only part of it.” Tawnya moaned, stretching back in the chair. “Javelin may be a thrill seeking man hater, but she isn’t stupid. I got a gut feeling that she may be my best lead for finding that damned witch.” She shuttered in frustration as she rested her elbows on the table and massaged her temples. “I hate to say it but…I wish Lee wouldn’t have stumbled onto that potion. I already suspect that at least one of Dree’s friends is under its influence. I just hope he keeps his guard up.”
“In other words don’t take drinks from strangers.” Luther lightheartedly poked.
“Mmm.” Tawnya replied, not really appreciating Luther’s attempt at brightening her mood. And don’t even get me started on the Vampires. She thought, blowing out an exasperated breath.
“The hunt isn’t going well, is it?”
“Humph, that’s an understatement.” Tawnya moaned. “This was so much easier when the Templars were…” She sat up crossing her arms tightly, sadly remembering the dead and captured. She shook her head and swallowed hard as she tried to compose herself. “Not even a sign of a familiar or escorting Demon. I think this witch is rouge. It would explain how Javelin got the potion. Part of a payment maybe?” Tawnya bit her lip in ponder.
Luther stared at her morbidly. “God help us. If that’s the case…” He scratched his cheek harshly. “You need to be very careful. The Coven may have their own hunter on its trail.” His tone descended into deep concern. “Your agreement with the Nosferatu clan may place you in jeopardy. I have to admit, I didn’t agree with Sye…”
“I know,” Tawnya interrupted, “but it did confirm the Templars defeat…” She choked back the sorrowful lump in her throat. “Elimination has not become common knowledge yet.” Tawnya rose from her chair trying to walk off the remorse. “Lee and I would have died weeks ago. It was the perfect opportunity for Lucia to earn brownie points with the Coven. But still Lucia was far too easy to bargain with.” She sensed Luther’s worry as she grabbed her car keys. “Don’t worry Luther.” Tawnya said reassuringly, “The Wolf and her sidekick will keep a very low profile. I think I’ll perform a little inspection tomorrow. It’s been a while since I had Lee pull his gym bag out and inventory his ‘Split Kit’.” She gazed at him, grinning timidly, “Just in case.”

(Sturgeon Bay, 11:12pm)
Fuck. Lee thought as he scrunched his toes inside his boots, trying to vent his anger. He then lay on his belly, concealed in the tree line, fighting anxiety and terrible frustration. Simple timed exercise, yeah right. Fucking bitch. He glared through his ski mask. One, two, three…ughh! Probably more in the cabin. Lee ground his teeth as he observed the small grouping of men, noticing a fourth walking away from the wood pile to the left of his concealed position. Lee ignored their dark laughter, pushing himself deeper into the trees. He began biting his lip uncontrollably as he tried to take stock of his environment and come up with a plan. He gazed through the trees; deep in thought. Let’s face it man, whatever we’re after is in that damn cabin. Gott’a get a closer look. Mmmph, this fucking sucks. Now grateful for the cloudless sky, he looked to the moon.
Lee stared at the half-assed maintained structure. Tar paper covered the sloping overhang of the deck. A yellow bug light hung on a post to the right of the shabbily constructed wood steps that lead up to the porch. Two dim white lights illuminated the front door. Lee could barely make out what he guessed to be the outline of a single window obscured in shadow to the far left of the cabin’s door. He gazed to his right, seeing the two large four door cars pull up. Lee licked his dry lips. Six, maybe eight a piece. Na, six judging by the size of those four. He huffed, watching the four men enter the cabin. That’s if they filled em. He nervously sprinted to the wood pile, creeping to its edge. The trees are only about two feet off the side, great cover. Hopefully there’s a back door. Lee silently slipped into the trees behind him, cautiously making his way along the side of the cabin. His body tingled in anxiety. Lee longed for a cigarette to settle his nerves. Every crunch or snap of a twig caused his skin to bristle and the head of his cock tickled with a constant and very inconvenient urge to piss. The disturbing beat of Credence Clearwater Revival’s ‘Bad Moon on the Rise’ seeped out of the cabin’s log walls. Lee scowled at what he considered a sick musical joke.
He froze, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out his cell phone. Dumb ass! You are fucking lucky it didn’t go off. Tawnya would be swatting you in the head for that fuck up! Come on stealth 101 stupid. Noise discipline!! He shook his head and turned off the phone. She has got to be flipping the fuck out by now; well if she made it home…nnngh! Fucking don’t go there. She’s your mentor. Tawnya’s been in the lifestyle long before I was born. She’s a big girl. She’s ok. Oh man, she is going to be beyond pissed. He miserably thought as he slipped the phone back into his pocket.
So much for the back door. Lee shook his head. Looks like there’s only one way in. Jesus this… “That can’t be.” He mouthed, bewildered, peering through a knot hole in the shuddered bedroom window, blinking his eyes. Regardless of condition. Know it when I see it! Inquisition cunt! You fucking knew her name!! Lee backed away from the window trembling, now realizing what his objective was. God, that’s Dree’s girl! The thought burst miserably through Lee’s mind as he recalled Dree telling him of her secret interest in the two tone blonde. “I’m just not ready. It’s just too soon for me and Terry. We’re not really committed to…” Lee grimaced, recalling the conversation the day after Wor Locks. He shook his head in regret. The conversation was sickening proof that Dree trusted him with her secret wants and doubts. Lee glared at the window, mustering up the balls to peer inside the room again and get a head count. I’m sorry Dree I should have told you. He closed his eyes, breathing deeply as he shook his head; feeling like a traitor to someone who paid a terrible price in the name of friendship. The guilt and stress ate at him as he recalled Terry putting the moves on him in Dree’s car when she was slightly buzzed. Don’t worry Dree I’ll get her home…somehow. Lee promised, forcing himself closer to the window to get a better look.
The butterflies in Lee’s stomach morphed into a nest of enraged hornets as he struggled to look past the abused girl. Her hips held upward by the bed’s footboard; awkwardly bending her body. The thug quickened his pace pulling her back into him. A bare left foot and black boot tip swayed to and fro in staggered timing with the violating thrusts. The purple, green and red patch work quilt pulled loose from the bed corners by the now rapid shove and pull. Her waist covered in a collage of bruises and a thin silver band held the remnants of whatever she had been wearing. Her right breast jiggled freely while the other one’s trapped in a cobweb of black strands connected to the black fabric around her neck. A black cloth rolled and balled at her elbow, exposing a severely battered right arm and a swaddling fabric encased her forearm to her bound wrists above her head.
She turned, blinking emptily toward the window. The blank nobody’s home expression tore through Lee bringing on reflections of his own past. I wore that look once. His throat trembled. But not at the hands of so many. Lee noticed something odd about the thug as he finished. Too clean cut for this lot. Looks too young too. Seventeen? Eighteen, maybe? The others look to be in their mid twenties or better. He watched as the thug pulled up his jeans and tuck in his white t-shirt. His close-cut black hair covered his head like a helmet and his skin tone led Lee to assume that thug was of Hispanic decent. This is a real mixed bag. He recalled the group of men at the front of the cabin. This doesn’t make sense. White, black…Hispanic? All wearing rival gang colors. What did that bitch send me into? Damn this isn’t a good sign!
Lee clenched his teeth as he watched the young thug slip a stainless steel .45 Automatic into his waist band. I’ll bet every one of these fucks is packin too. He counted the bedroom’s occupants as the Hispanic left with an older, white, scraggly looking biker dude. Then two men entered, walking straight to the bed while undoing their pants, flipping the girl over. Lee backed away just as Terry’s face disappeared behind a large dimpled ass. He gagged, driving the tag team image out of his mind. Stress ravaged though Lee’s body as he struggled to come up with a plan. Eight, with guns. He licked and bit his lip. May as well be an army; odds are definitely on their side. Could just screw her and call the cops. Lee shook his head as he recalled his instructions. You and you alone. Cunt. He looked to his watch, wondering where the time had gone. It’s nearly 12:30 a.m. I don’t like this. Man I have to…there is so much at risk. There’s only one way in. The constant rolling in Lee’s stomach radiated throughout his body as the harsh reality of his situation tortured him. He felt nauseous and slightly dizzy. No way out of this. The wrong people end up paying the price if you don’t or if you fail. Lee looked to his feet huffing. The thought of taking a souled life, no matter how deserving, appalled him.
He made his way down the side of the cabin. Lee froze as he heard the front door open, pressing himself into the cabin’s wall cautiously, peering around the corner.
“Ohhh man! I was only kiddin bout havin’ ta eat ‘er out.” The biker spat his hands on his knees, shaking in shitty laughter. “So how’d we all taste!” He howled, mocking the Hispanic, tossing a beer to the youth. “Oh man, Cruize that’s classic. That’ll earn ya the RC tat for sure! Ur daddy would be proud. Hell, he was a nut but…” he laughed again, “He at least hosed the pussy off. Man those were good days.” The biker chuckled, “See ya inside…Oh man classic!”
Bobby Cruize tore open the can swishing the beer harshly in his mouth and spit. He stared at the closing door, quivering in guilt. I’m sorry…God Terry! I’m so sorry! The hopes of a better life in Wisconsin, away from the violent gangs of Southern California, were crushed. His mother’s plans of bringing him up proper destroyed by his late dad’s biker affiliations. The hard earned cash his mother busted her ass for so he could make use of his intelligence by attending a very expensive elite private school wasted. He crushed the beer can in his hands. His eyes watered as he reflected on the aid Terry had given by tutoring him in advance science and French. You raped her, bastard! Damn you dad! Is there no escape for me and mom!?!...Uuuggh!!!
An impact suddenly launched him forward. Lee’s hand ripped the gun from Bobby’s waist as he fell to the ground. Bobby quickly rolled onto his back swearing “Damn it Roscoe…” His mouth dropped open when he saw the boots, blue jeans, zipped up leather biker jacket and black mask covering the man’s face. Bobby’s eye’s locked on to his .45 being leveled at him.
“Get up.” The black masked figure’s voice shook mildly. Fuck that was reckless. What the fuck were you think’n. Lee kept the gun on the Hispanic as he carefully backed up the porch stairs. Oh fuck, think I’m going to be sick. Lee’s mouth was dry and the inside of his body trembled as though it was trying to tell him ‘no.’ The door opens to the right, stand to its left. They should be looking… His heart pounded against his chest, he breathed heavily unable to find that strange sense of calm he would feel when engaging Vermin with Wolf. Lee waved the gun, motioning the thug to the stairs.
Bobby knelt at the stairs while his guilt flowed out of his mouth in whimpers. “Forgive me, forgive me….”
“DO I LOOK LIKE A FUCKING PRIEST!!!” Lee mournfully growled, squeezing the trigger. The thug’s head rocketed back the 45 caliber slug; ramming through his skull bursting out the back with the spatter.
Silent, then curious, swearing voices followed by the rush of feet headed for the door. Lee’s breathing became unstable pants as he drowned in a maelstrom of wrongness. The front door burst open. Lee pressed the gun behind the man’s ear pulling the trigger. The black man behind him gasped in shock, dropping his gun feeling the .45’s muzzle against his temple; then nothing more. Lee cupped his gun hand with his left hand to stabilize his aim. A thirty-year-old biker tried to back pedal in retreat as the .45 was pointed in his face; the orange blast ending him. Lee’s feet felt like cumbersome blocks of ice, the gun weighing a ton in his hands as he finally stepped through the door. A large white thug stumbled backward to Lee’s left near the kitchenette trying to pull his revolver free from his waist. The simultaneous explosions resonated throughout the cabin. A red dot like stain grew on the thugs white Def Leopard T-shirt near the center of his chest. Blood saturated his left pant leg. The wound caused by his own gun still trapped in his waist as he collapsed into a lawn chair. His eyes staring off to nowhere while his mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. Lee detected movement to his right. He turned firing at the green sweat shirted figure running toward the two shredded living room couches. The poorly aimed shot caught the thug under the shoulder blade causing him to spin and fall; landing with his head on the glass coffee table. “DAMN!” Lee swore, dropping the empty weapon and rushing to his prey, leaping through the air and coming down on the thug, driving his head through the glass with his boot. Lee shuttered as he felt the man’s neck give way.
MOVE DAMN IT!! Lee’s mind howled. He swore that he could see the air bend and wrap around the bullet passing before his eyes. He dropped to the floor, scrambling to the far end of the couch as the bullets kept slamming into the fireplace. So this is what that fuck was after. Lee winced as bullets struck the couches arm. He grabbed the pump action shotgun resting against the couch arm, then slid to an almost prone position. It’s a couch not concrete dumb ass. MOVE!!
“MOTHER FUCKER!!!!”
Expended cartridges bounced and jingled on the wood floor, giving Lee his cue. He jumped up, pumping the shotguns action to ensure there was a round in the chamber. The pot bellied, balding, shirtless thug dug savagely in his sweat pant pockets for more ammo. His mouth dropped open when he saw the figure pull the shotgun to his shoulder. The blast hit him in the navel bending him forward, ass back. Lee cycled the action again, placing another blast into the thugs head knocking the corpse backwards to the floor.
The teen cycled the action while fighting the gagging urge to vomit, feeling barely functional and very ready to come unglued. Was that all of them? Shit how many were there? Come on Lee think damn it. He agitatedly thought his breathing was on the edge of hyperventilating. His fingers flexed around the shotgun. Lee trembled as he aimed at the open bedroom door. The precious seconds slipped away as he waited for a thug to charge out at him. Lee struggled to think straight and remember the head count. He scowled under his ski mask, the emotional weight and baggage of everything that happened that day made it impossible. Lee moved forward, his tongue aching for the taste of water and a cigarette. He could see the form of his objective lying underneath a large mass of flesh. He pressed the shotgun muzzle against the thugs head, nudging it. Out cold… Lee saw the band and track marks on his arm. He set the shotgun down so he could grab the gray brown ponytail; lifting the thug’s head. His eyes were turned up into his skull and his tongue nearly bitten in half between his teeth. Must have had an overdose or heart attack, when this all blew up. He rolled the body off of his objective.
Her appearance sickened Lee. He shook his head in disgust for he could barely bring himself to even glance at her. Spunk matted her hair and stained her bruised face. The stench of sex and sodomy hovered around her; causing Lee to force back another urge to vomit. He turned away from her, feeling like a coward. He walked toward a red and white cooler, kicking it open, hoping to find a bottle of water. “Fuck.” Nothing! He muttered. “Fuck.” The others. They could be here any time now. Lee suddenly remembered the conversation he overhead when he first arrived. That might come in handy. He checked the Glock pistol before slipping it into his jacket pocket. Come on, get her out of here! Grow some stones dick head. The dead thug thumped on the floor as Lee shoved him off the bed. He wrapped Terry in the quilt but left her wrists bound for easy handling. Lee hauled her over his shoulders in a fireman’s carry, cringing at her weak yelps as he made his way out of the cabin and into the trees.
(Armistice)
(Sunday, October 31)
(St. Anna Hospital, 1:05AM)
Sye exhaled in mild irritation. “You must stop thinking of yourself as a physical body. Start thinking outside of the restrictions of the minds perception of reality.”
“I’m a freaking statue!” Dree pouted, turning her eyes away from her sleeping bed ridden husk. “Do you know what it’s like to stand and look at yourself? Stuck at the foot of this fucking bed, day after day. NNNGH! I don’t know what’s worse. This or staring at the freaking ceiling when she’s, um, I, er, shit, we is awake.” Dree blurted wishing she could move to vent her frustration. “This entire sub conscience thing is, well…”
“Overwhelming?” Sye grinned.
“No shit.” Dree’s bold voice sank, becoming pitifully frail. “What am I Sye? Why can you see me…? Talk to me?” She turned her eyes to the head of the bed, seeing the old Asian sitting near her husks head. His black pajamas and crimson robe radiated dignity. Sye’s peaceful gaze and his folded hands resting in his lap seemed to offer tranquility and comfort. “I don’t think I can handle…the new me.” Dree sighed.
“It is a matter of acceptance my dear.” Sye said soothingly. “You must accept that you are a figment. An image generated by your subconscious, a dream if you will.” He tilted his head sighing. “As I have told you before… somehow while you were being brutalized, the id, that is you, retreated to a place deep inside the human mind. A place of not peace nor safety, but of nothing and painless neutrality. You my girl kept going; reaching and crossing the boundaries of something that science has yet to even grasp.”
“And poof I’m a ghost.” Dree groaned.
Sye shook his head. “No. You are not dead. Therefore you are not…”
“Well, I may as well be!” Dree spat. “Shit, I’d be better off! At least a ghost can float around!” Her temper rose as she glared at her shell, her body laying still in slumber. Is this all that’s left of me? “This fucking sucks.”
“Please calm yourself Miss. Harman.” Sye crossed his arms sighing. “Your spunky temper will only hinder you.” He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and folding his hands. “A real ghost does not realize its situation. They are oblivious to the fact that they are dead; hence their freedom of movement. You however are very much alive and aware. Dree, you must escape the active minds perception of reality and capabilities. Those limitations no longer apply to you.”
“What do you mean?”
He softly gazed at the girl standing frozen at the foot of the hospital bed. “Perhaps it is too soon. You have suffered much in the past month. You may need more time to…”
“Sye, please. I’m ready, honest.” Dree yelped, pleading in desperation. “It’s…it’s just a lot to take in. I’ll shut up and listen. I promise.”
The old Asian rubbed his chin, sitting up in the hospital recliner pondering his words. “Your silence will only make this task more difficult.” He grinned while crossing his arms. “You are a dream…”
“Well duh. I know tha…”
Sye raised his eyebrow.
“Oops, sorry.”
Sye composed himself and continued. “A dream caught in reality. All dreams are rooted in the subconscious, where you now reside. A super computer making…” He smiled broadly. “Calculating the mathematics of movement.” His strange laugh puzzled the girl.
“Huh? I thought the brain did that.”
“It does and doesn’t. The brain is merely the container. What I refer to as the active mind or waking mind, which no longer applies to you. It shares the same space with the subconscious. It is in the subconscious where the complex equations are solved and then relayed to the active mind. Hence movement and motion.” Sye looked to Dree sighing. “I’m afraid I may have unknowingly hindered your quest for movement.”
“I don’t understand. How does that help me?” Dree asked bewildered.
“You have to actually concentrate on the desired motion or movement. Let’s try something.” Sye said sounding like a mentor. “Concentrate. Think of the step by step muscular process of lifting your arm.”
“But I suck at...” Dree whined, noting Sye’s stern stare. “Ok, ok. I’ll give it a shot.” Well here goes nothin’. Ok. Step by step. Muscle by muscle. Man I shoulda paid more attention in Biology. “Whoa!” I can actually feel the numbers. This is freaky. It’s…it’s working? A pulse jubilation rippled through Dree as her arm shakily rose in front of her. “WOW! That was weird.” Her eyes turned to Sye, feeling as though she were crying tears of relief and joy, but with no essence of the watery flow down her cheeks. “I thought it would be harder than…Wow! It’s that simple. Oh WOW!” Dree vibrantly erupted, feeling unable to contain herself.
“With practice you should be able to do the multitasking necessary for basic movement. Like walking and so forth.” Sye smiled, basking in Dree’s joy. “The same process should apply to…” She’s not even listening. Humph, can you blame her. He chuckled as he watched the elated girl working her arm in excited practice.

(Sturgeon Bay, 1:35AM)
Lee broke through the trees in a harsh pant. Sorry Terry. I forgot it was so thick in there. He swallowed hard, trying to keep the tough guy act going. Lee locked his jaws shut, battling the varying degrees of sick that threatened to explode out of his throat. Damn this is fucking risky. He huffed and panted, glancing over his shoulder, cringing and gagging at his objectives appearance and stink. Lee turned his gaze back to the gravel driveway. A smoother path and beats the hell out of hauling her through that shit. “Almost out here, don’t….SHIT!” Lee clumsily raced back into the dark trees upon seeing the turning glare of headlights ahead of him.
“Ahhughhh!” Terry painfully yelped as she bounced onto Lee’s back as he tripped on a fallen branch. He scrambled out from beneath her. Panicked profanities sailed through Lee’s mind as he hastily searched for cover. Terry howled as he dragged her battered body to a fallen tree. She struggled to spread her legs in the quilts wrap. An automated response created from hours of rape; her body now expecting violation from the figure covering her with his body.
Fuck their going to see us! His shaking hand fought with the jacket zipper while trying to pull out the gun. We’re too damn close to the driveway. May as well be a fuckin twig we’re hiding behind. Damn bright moon! Just hope that their not into the scenery! Lee’s skin bristled as the chilly October air penetrated his sweat sodden clothing. He shivered and groaned in disgust feeling his penis harden in wretched anxiety. His stomach turned loathingly as he looked into Terry’s empty blinking topaz eyes. The semen on her face beginning to flake and harden in her hair. Believe me it ain’t about that. Lee miserably thought as he felt her legs trying to spread open. His stomach rolled again. Lee’s fingers wrapped around the pistols grip. He held his breath fearing the worst. His toes curled in his boots as he watched the car and passenger van pass by. You lucky son of a…Don’t stupid! Get up and get gone! Those fuckers are going to want some serious payback when they see that fucking cabin. He gagged back another throat load of vomit. “Mmmggg.” Come on Lee, keep it together. You can’t fall apart here… “mm...ugggh”…Shit not now…suck it up and fucking go!!!
Terry whined and groaned as she bounced on the figures left shoulder. The quilt began to fall away, exposing her bruised back, threatening to tangle in his legs and drive both into the gravel drive way. Lee grunted with the unbalanced load, wishing he was deaf to her suffering. The fingers of his right hand were numb from the tight grip of the Glock pistol. The quilt seemed like a serpent trying to trip and foil their escape. His objective’s bound wrists bounced against his ass; the light taps burning like a nip from a pursuing hound of hell. “Bout fuckin time.” Lee panted, seeing the end of the drive way. He dashed recklessly to the country road, nearly dropping the girl as he stumbled onto the concrete. “Five yards of trees and we hit the road a`runnin.” He muttered, wiping the sweat out of his eyes.
“Sorry.” Lee cringed, as Terry’s head hit the top of the Mustang’s passenger door. He tossed the pistol on the dash board. Keys! Keys! Where are my fucking…Jesus, keep your fucking cool! They’re in the ignition dumb ass. He rubbed his gloved hands harshly together to hide their trembling. This is no time to be stubborn girl. Lee reached for the key. Oh man. She’s been sitting for hours. The van I can out run cold but that Chevy coupe is bound to have a V8…A up to temp V8. The Teen clenched his teeth as he turned the key and the `stang’s cold V8 motor chugged to life. Lee bit down on his lip as he eased on the clutch, slipping the car into gear and slowly rolling toward the hay field’s tractor entrance. Even with his window closed, Lee could hear the enraged howl of the rival V8. He peered up the drive way only to see Chevy headlights racing toward him. “Shit girl it’s time to….” The Mustang stalled out as Lee carelessly snapped the clutch and hammered on the gas. Fuck me!! No time left! That lunatic has got to be cooking eighty… “NNNGGGH!” Lee grabbed the pistol and bolted out the door.
Cold, salty sweat flowed over Lee’s rapidly blinking eyes. The last strand of his nerves on the verge of breaking. The muzzle of the Glock pistol wavered as Lee struggled to line up a shot at the car speeding toward him. He aimed at the left headlight then raised for what he thought would be the windshield. The distance closed and the teen fired uncontrollably while the car swerved in the narrow driveway still heading for him. Suddenly a deer charged out of the trees and the Chevy spun out only yards away from Lee, blocking the drive way. The teen raced to the car filling the windows with reckless panicked fire. Lee back peddled as the drivers bloody face rested on the steering wheel and stared directly at him. “Ha… ha ha!” Lee weakly blurted out in deliverance while trying to stabilize his feet. Woo! A deer, really? Ha Ha. Thank you God! Lee starred off into the darkness grinning, feeling exulted and powerful, completely oblivious to his current situation until he saw another set of headlights coming down the driveway. Oh Shit! Snap out of it! “We gotta’ get the hell out of here!!” Lee growled, racing back to the Mustang.

?Possible Armistice Add in?
(Location Unknown)
Terry’s frail fingers gripped the quilt’s edge, pulling the wrap securely around her bruised and nearly naked body. She trembled as her mind slowly came out of its nightmarish fog. Her split lip stung and the disgusting flavor of cum remained, lingering inside her mouth. It was hard to swallow; her throat was raw. Her stomach churned as it tried to digest her abusers’ fluids. She tried to throw up but the pain inside her ribs wouldn’t let her. Her bruises pulsated as fluids seeped out of her tortured and torn nether regions. Terry struggled to form thoughts as she waited for her new captor to return. She peered across the empty driver’s seat, looking through the open door. She winced, clenching her teeth, pulling her legs close. A...A barn…the frail thought sailed through Terry’s mind, so this is how it ends. Got greedy did ya…didn’t like sharin’ or are you just a backwoods nut job. She stared expressionless at the straw pile outside of the car door.
“Come on, put your back into it. Damn door probably hasn’t been shut in years.” Lee groaned, giving it one last harsh shove, wincing as the rusted guide wheels screeched in protest. That’ll have to do, wish she’d close some more though. Lee scanned the landscape. Looks like nobody has been here in a long time. Let’s hope it stays that way, he thought while squeezing through a narrow opening. Damn! I’m in over my head. Lee let out an exhausted sigh as he went back to the car and sat in the driver’s seat, consciously avoiding eye contact with his objective. Damn it! What was she doing there? What’s her business with Walker? How did she get there? Look at her, what the fuck do I do? She has been through hell. I don’t know what the fuck I’m doing! He finally pushed himself to look at her. He tried to picture her from when they first met, not the frail beaten figure she was now. “I can at least un tie your wrists.” He said, more roughly than he cared for.
She offered little resistance as Lee began unbinding her wrists. “It’s going…” The last wrap of duct tape fell from her wrist. She suddenly began to claw at him; going straight for his eyes and face. Ahhhh! Bitch. Lee finally managed to grab her wrists. “Damn it!” Terry suddenly retreated to the passenger seat in the fetal position. Realizing he was still wearing the ski mask, Lee pulled it off trying to speak with a more comforting tone. “Terry, it’s me. You are going to be alright.”
YOU! Terry thought venomously. This is all your fault. All Dree had to do was stay away from you. You wrecked everything. I wanted them to kill me. Hopefully, somehow… Dree would have known… I’m sorry. Your fault… Your fault… Your fault…
Lee studied her expressionless face. Jesus! After everything that just happened, a guy is probably the last thing she wants to see under the ski mask. Making his way out of the car to gather some thoughts and figure out his next move, he looked at his watch, twelve hours before the meet with Walker… Damn! I could have freed her earlier. I don’t even know how fucked up she is; shit she could be dying in my car. He grimaced, remembering his first outing and how a small, well placed cut nearly killed him. “Outta options now man. Gotta make a call.” He muttered, reaching into his coat for his cell phone and turning it on. Oh man! Forty eight missed calls, and from you know who. She is going to have my ass on the burner.
“Look, I can’t explain right now. Meet me at the Haven. And I need Sye’s juice.” He said urgently into the phone, then +-hanging up abruptly. She’s gonna have my nuts in a vice and doing push-ups the rest of my mortal life.
The Haven
“Damn it Tawnya! I didn’t have a choice.”
“I don’t understand. You always have choices. You should have called. It was stupid and reckless of you.” Tawnya said sternly.
Lee glared to the floor. “Walker knows everything about you… and whoever the hell these Templars are that you are invol…”
“That’s impossible!”
“She claimed that I told her when I was in quarantine.” Lee said guiltily. “I don’t know anything about my time in there.”
Tawnya shook her head in disbelief. “That’s not possible.” Shit! Careful, don’t drop too much information. Keep him ignorant. It’s for his own good. Or it would have been… Shit!
“She knows about your aliases. Smith, Ruger… Christ Tawnya, she threatened Dree! Walker found compromising photos of her and a friend.” Lee said vehemently. “I’m sorry Tawnya. I couldn’t do anything. Walker threatened all of you.”
Tawnya felt a protective pulse crash inside her. “I am your mentor. You are my apprentice. You don’t make a move without me, regardless of the circumstances…”
Terry listened to the argument from the cot wondering where the hell she was. What would Walker want with Lee? Is that all I was, bait? All this for nothing? What makes him so special? What does he have that I don’t? Isn’t anyone else looking for me? My mom gets back today. What’s going to happen? Will she notice that I’m gone? She now tried to clear her head of all thoughts, wishing for some sort of mental relief.
“Tawnya, it’s about my orders concerning Terry. I don’t think she was supposed to be recovered alive.” Tawnya looked at Lee puzzled. “My orders read regardless of condition. She was there for god knows how long Tawnya! There was no way she was meant to live, not with those shitbags. I’m not sure but I think Walker wants her dead. Don’t know why, but that is what my gut is telling me.”
“How many?” Tawnya asked, sensing Lee’s strange morale. “If that’s the case, she should be in a hospital not here. They are going to need evidence to prosecute.”
“Not necessarily.” Lee gagged, feeling his conscious reawaken. “Dead. All of them.” He suddenly pointed to Terry. “Help her…”
Tawnya watched Lee charge into the bathroom. Christ, this is a fucking mess. Why did he bring her here? The frustrated thought sailed through her mind as she walked to the cot sensing a strange mix of emotions emanating from the girl. How much did she fucking hear? She gazed sympathetically into the girl’s face, drawing on her experiences, seeking proper phrases to ensure and comfort her. This is a clusterfuck! This is going to be a setback in Lee’s training in so many ways. Jenny, Beth, Dree, and now this. Lee already has a soft spot in his heart for women. Breaking him of that is going to be near impossible. She bit her bottom lip with irritation. He never answered how many he killed…DAMN! Killing is part of the trade but I wish it was under my supervision. These aren’t Vermin or Vampire. He’s proved himself in that area, but they don’t have souls. God, I hope it was only one or two.
“It’s Terry right hun’?” Tawnya asked while checking her pulse. “I’m just going to check you out ok? This may hurt a little bit. You look pretty bad.”
Get away from me! I don’t want this. I don’t want your help. I deserve this. Why are you doing this for me? I don’t deserve it. Oh god Dree, I’m sorry. I failed you again. Terry thought fragilely.
Tawnya watched the girl’s eyes start to tear up, for she could detect her morbid emotional pulses,. “It’s ok, you’re alright. Just please bear with me. I have to ask you some questions that are going to be painful for you to answer. I need to know what happened. Can you remember? Who kidnapped you? Where they took you? How many people were there?”
Weren’t you listening? Lee told you. They’re all dead. It doesn’t matter. Lee wrecked it for me. All of this for him? “I was at…” Terry shut her mouth, glaring as Lee as he entered the room.
This is not going to get me anywhere with him here…Tawnya thought, sensing a spiteful throb bolt out of the girl. “We’ll talk later. Ok?” She turned toward Lee, motioning for him to follow her. “We can’t talk here.” She said softly.
Lee stared at the brutalized girl momentarily, and then turned to face Tawnya. “Is she going to be alright?” He asked, lighting a cigarette, leaning into the aid station doorway.
“I think so,” Tawnya replied, “but we don’t have the supplies or equipment to help her. This isn’t an emergency room!” She gazed at Lee. “You said they were all dead. How many?” She asked dryly. Lee stared at her silently, hoping to avoid answering the question as his stomach began to turn with guilt. “HOW MANY!”
“Seven, eight, maybe nine… I don’t know. I don’t want to know.” He uttered, then began to gag.
“Head count’s important…” Cool it Tawnya. Not here, not now. We’ll deal with that at the residence. Suddenly regretting her militaristic tone, Tawnya began to speak in a more sympathetic tone. “You mentioned that you didn’t think Terry was supposed to live?” More inquisitively, “Off what do you base that assumption?”
“It’s just my gut. And the shitbags that were there. They didn’t seem to be the leave ‘em alive type. That and Walker showed me a photo of Dree’s friends. She knew everyone’s name but hers.” He answered and thumbed towards Terry. “Walker’s forgetfulness seemed more on purpose than a simple mind fuck.” He looked to his mentor with deep concern lacing in his voice. “What if I’m right? I may not be like you, a professional, but I know when something doesn’t feel right.” Lee pulled a drag off of his cigarette. “I don’t know! I’m supposed to meet Walker at 6 p.m. at a farm outside of town. The address is in my instructions.”
“She didn’t give you a contact number in case there was trouble?”
“No. Just an address. According to Walker, this is just a training op, pass or fail. If there was trouble, I failed.” He said with biting sarcasm. “Tawnya, what am I going to do? I’m in way over my head.”
She looked to him reassuringly. “We’ll work something out. It’s 10 a.m. now. Time is on our side. And, we have your meet location. All we need is a plan.” That might work. I’ll have to check the morgue and call in a favor. Hope there’s a blonde. God, this might not work. We may have to use Terry instead. She gazed inside the aid station. Poor girl might end up dead yet; that is if what Lee’s saying is true. “I have to go and try to set some things up. I have an idea.” She pointed to the aid station and spoke with an authoritative tone, “I left two vials of Sye’s enhancement on the counter, DON’T USE THEM. They are for you…”
“Ok, yeah I get it.” Lee shook his head. Man, did I screw us. He turned to see Terry staring blankly at the ceiling. The sight of her brought up visions from his past. Feeling bark dig into my belly as I was bent over a log. Firm hands holding me in place. My face sinking into the rotting corpse of a soldier. The scent and taste of decay filling my nose and mouth as I screamed. And the explosions and gunfire that blended with Holmes’ laughter, which added to the nightmare. Lee dropped his cigarette, suddenly feeling numb. The brutalized girl un-nerved him. He glanced at the vials on the stainless steel counter. Feeling out of body, Lee watched himself grab a vial and approached Terry. She screamed as he cupped her mouth, struggling to push Lee away and trying to keep the vial’s brown liquid away of her mouth. His frantic, un-nerving plea, “You gotta drink it! Drink it! DRINK IT!!!....” fell inside her ears.
“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?” Tawnya grabbed Lee’s shoulders, pulling him to floor. Stunned by the pale child-like fear upon his face, she shook him, trying to get him to snap out of the trance he was in. I’ve never seen him like this. What the hell is going on? “Lee! Are you with me? Lee? Come on, wake up! What’s wrong with you?” She looked to Terry, who sat up on the cot trembling, wrapping the sheet and wool blanket around herself. Tawnya grimaced, watching Sye’s herbal enhancement starting to do its work. SHIT! “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?”
“Huh? What happened?”
“I told you not to! That was for you. You didn’t need it? What were you thinking?” She asked, feeling the scattered array of emotions pouring out of Lee.
“I…what are you talking about? How did I get… I was in the doorway.” He stammered.
Jesus, this really got to him. She reached inside her coat pocket, grabbing her cell phone. I can’t leave him like this. Hopefully we won’t need to use Terry. God, this is bad. She thought, taking Lee out of the aid station, guiding him to a chair. “You with me buddy?” She asked concerned and glad to see Lee nod his head. “You shouldn’t have done that.” She said, shaking her head. “Walker is expecting to see a brutalized girl, and if my plan isn’t feasible…Oh man.” She looked back to the aid station. “You might have just made things even more difficult for her. I’ve got to call in Sye.”
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Only read the first part so far but its nicely done, but can I suggest spacing out the posts over a few days to give some time for reaction and feedback to the different chapters,

Also I'd recommend a spacer line between paragraphs as it makes the story easier to read and follow(you may need a double line pasting in from word).

Good job loved the line 'dark laughter'
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
4havokk
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Thanks and I will try to do something with the spaceing. i plan on posting again hopefully this weekend.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

One other point , I'd maybe show thoughts in italics or single quotes to differentiate them from the narrative.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).