Do NOT SPAM in Private Messages!

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lately I've been getting some complaints about some users using private messages to spam their content. Advertise your content in the Latest Superheroine Releases section ONLY! Do not use the PM's to try to sell your product. It's annoying and if it continues, we will have to dust off the ole ban hammer. Don't make us do that. :blink: :angry:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I have gotten one or two of those. Usually if I express a like of something I get a PM telling me about some product.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So you're only allowed to spam in public? Okay, good to know. :)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A PM I received made me feel a bit uneasy because the first part of the message was directly addressing a forum chat while the second part was a shameless cut-and-paste promo for a forthcoming video. There was no way to respond without the awkwardness of saying "No thanks, I'm not interested." to the producer. So I didn't.

If anything, I feel less inclined to buy from that studio now. I won't name and shame who it was.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I had a simialr instance or three it can make you feel uneasy as most of us here rae respectful and do not wnat to offend others by telling them point blank to go forth and multiply!
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thank you for enforcing your policy.
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

It happened to me a couple of times as well. I refused politely, since I feel it's civilized to answer back, even if only to say that product y is not my cup of tea, but yes, using pms to advertise is rather pointless. I'm fairly certain that people study the "releases" board very closely and are up to date with the offer.