Fuchsia Fox: "Halloween"

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

[This story is dedicated to the memory of Harold Ramis: writer, actor, director, producer and Ghostbuster, who passed away in February of this year. We miss you, Egon!]

Prologue -- Washington, D.C.; Monday, October 27

Patrolman Mike Stone drove his cruiser down Independence Avenue through West Potomac Park just after midnight, grateful for his jacket on this chilly October night. The crescent moon had set long ago, but in the light of the street lamps he could see the trees spreading their empty skeletal arms to the night. The oak trees around the War Memorial were full of crows. Not just a handful, but what seemed like hundreds! In the dark, they were as silent as shadows.

Mike suppressed a shudder as he turned north toward Constitution Avenue. Damn, but they gave him the creeps! He had grown up on a farm down in Hanover County, but he didn't think he had ever seen to many carrion crows in one place--

Carrion? he thought with a quivering sensation in his stomach. What in God's name had made him think of that?

Rounding the Lincoln Memorial, Mike's headlights briefly caught a vague grey shape down by the edge of the Reflecting Pool. Whispering a curse under his breath, he pulled over and got out of the car for a closer look.

He had thought at first that it was just a heap of trash, but it was a person, kneeling on the edge of the Pool, bundled up in a gray robe and a hood. Judging by its size and shape, it was female, and as she sat, she was bobbing slowly forward and back in a rhythmic motion.

"Ma'am?" Mike said out loud, his voice coming out as a hoarse whisper. He cleared his throat and tried again. "Ma'am, what do you think you're doing down there?"

As he got closer, he could see that her movements had a purpose. She was washing something in the water... a long, off-white piece of cloth with some kind of dark stain all over it (blood? popped into his head for some reason). The woman was trying to wash it clean, and all the while singing to herself very, very softly. Mike couldn't quite make out the words... it might even have been in a foreign language... but her voice itself had a pleasant tone.

"Ma'am, this is a public monument," he said, licking his dry lips. "I can take you to a homeless shelter if you want, but you've got to..."

The woman abruptly stopped. Slowly she rose to her feet and faced him. As she pushed back her hood, Mike was entranced by the beauty of the woman's face: arrogant green eyes; full lips set in a superior, knowing smile; startlingly red hair, long and unkempt like the mane of some wild horse; slightly pointed ears...

Mike was suddenly aware that the gray robe she was wearing was actually black, but the material was like gossamer, so sheer that he could see her white naked body through it in every lush, sensuous detail: the smooth round swell of her breasts with dark aureoles, nipples rising into points, the gentle curve of her slender waist, even the neatly trimmed bush of pubic hair in the triangle where her thighs joined. Mike felt a sudden rush of sexual arousal take hold of his loins, making his trouser snake get thick and heavy, while at the same time he wished very much that he had stayed in his patrol car.

She stepped closer. Mike was frozen in place, heart pounding with a mixture of arousal and outright fear, but unable to move as she pressed her delicious female body against his. His arms couldn't resist reaching out to pull her into his embrace, and with her lips a mere whisper from his face, he could finally make out the song she was singing...

"Chill is the touch of autumn's air, You look around and none is there,
A breath, a feel, not quite aware, That Something stalks October's faire...

This season of evil, all unwitting, Corbies fly like shadows flitting,
So spare your tears, O mortals' call, For Death descends to claim you all!"

Mike's lips trembled, longing to kiss this beautiful woman to make her stop that terrible song, but before he could she had pulled back out of his reach, laughing, full lips spreading into a dreadful smile. Then her mouth opened wide, she drew in a deep breath as all the flesh suddenly vanished from her bones and she SCREAMED!!!!!

That was the last thing Mike knew as darkness claimed him.

Chapter 1 -- Tuesday, October 28

In downtown Washington, the almost Zen-like peace of the usual mid-day traffic gridlock was broken by the roar of a low-flying helicopter, coming down Pennsylvania Avenue less than fifty feet above the street, close enough that the Channel 4 television markings were visible on its side. Three black SUVs with lights flashing came racing after it, weaving dangerously through the slow moving traffic.

"Unit Two this is Baker three nine!" said the bald, dark-skinned man in the second car into his radio unit. "Where are those choppers?"

"On the way, Baker three nine," came the reply. "Beecham says--"

"This is Booker, Homeland Security!" the black man interrupted. "You tell Beecham if I don't see choppers in the next thirty seconds, I'll see his hide nailed to the--"

The helicopter banked sharply to the left, very nearly splattering itself on the corner of the J. Edgar Hoover building as it swerved and continued north. The lead SUV made the turn onto 9th Street and rammed head-on into a car coming the other way. Cursing, Booker had to drop his radio as he skidded around the corner and bumped up onto the sidewalks, falling behind the pursuit.

But suddenly a beautiful young woman in fuchsia spandex seemed to appear from out of nowhere. Her alluring supermodel's body was clad in reddish purple briefs and a halter top with a proud fox-head chest emblem hugging her supple bosom, along with matching ankle boots and elbow length gloves, plus a pair of little gold bracelets on her slim wrists. Dark brunette hair danced around her soft shoulders as she streaked to the rescue.

The helicopter gave a shudder as the Fuchsia Fox latched onto its landing gear in mid-air and exerted her not inconsiderable strength in a tug-of-war. The stunning superheroine had already noticed the Channel 4 logo on its side. Looking up now, she was startled to see TV reporter Keri Keller in the passenger compartment along with her cameraman, hammering on the window and both looking frightened out of their minds.

The distraction proved fatal, as the helicopter pulled up, twisting out of the Fox's grasp as its tail rotor whirled in her direction, threatening to turn the sassy superheroine into a hundred and ten pounds of chopped hamburger meat!

The Fox managed to evade the rotor, turning a somersault in mid-air as the aircraft waggled around and dove at a sharp angle down a narrow street in between two office buildings. The spunky heroine shot after it like a gorgeous, scantily-clad missile, wondering how she was going to bring it down without endangering the hostages inside.

Washington, unlike New York or Boston, is not a city of skyscrapers. The helicopter was skimming at just about treetop level when it emerged from the narrow street and suddenly wheeled about, doubling back on her. The Fox had time for a gasp of dismay as the Plexiglas nose rammed into her at eighty miles an hour, knocking the wind out of her.

Momentarily stunned, the sexy young heroine struggled to move, but the air pressure had pinned her lissome body flat across the Plexiglas like a bug on a windshield, her willowy arms and legs splayed out and swaying helplessly back and forth as the helicopter darted among the buildings. As the wind lashed her brunette tresses around her pretty face, it fleetingly crossed her mind that this was a most undignified position to be in.

Below her through the transparent window, the Fox could see the pilot pull back on the stick, bringing the nose of the helicopter up. With a sinking sensation in her stomach, the stunning superheroine felt her body slide, the wind pushing her upwards over the smooth Plexiglas towards the main rotor! Desperately she scrabbled for something to slow her progress, but the streamlined nose of the helicopter offered no hand-holds, and naturally her skimpy little costume and silken skin offered very little in the way of friction.

The Fox closed her eyes in concentration. Her golden bracelets of Ishtar glowed slightly as she called upon every ounce of her strength to fight against the wind and thrust her body clear of the rotor. The helicopter spun around, trying to track on her, but the sexy superlady nimbly darted underneath it, flipping over and slamming one dainty ankle boot into the side of the engine compartment.

The engine let out a throaty roar and coughed out black smoke. Quickly the Fox clasped her arms around the tail section, struggling to hold the aircraft steady as its engine began to strain. The pilot tried to pull away, but the heroine kicked upward into the gearbox again. Moments later she felt the aircraft drop. The heroine gently set it down in Mount Vernon Park, its rotors slowing gradually to a stop as she darted over and wrenched open the passenger door.

Keri Keller tumbled out, wearing an orange dress and a white blazer, her makeup streaked with tears. "FOX!" the redhead sobbed, throwing her arms around the sexy superlady's shoulders. "Oh Fox, I'm so glad to see you! I was so terrified!"

"It's all right, Ms. Keller; you're safe now," the heroine said soothingly as the girl clung to her nubile body. She watched the camera man climb awkwardly out of the helicopter and sink to the ground, looking dazed and glad to be on solid earth again. The pilot was slumped over in his seat.

The two black SUVs pulled up on the grass. Six men in black tactical Homeland Security uniforms spilled out, surrounding the helicopter, keeping their weapons pointed toward the ground but ready for action until they were needed. But being men, their eyes inevitably strayed to the exquisitely shapely superheroine, her flawless body displayed to its best advantage in her tight, two-piece costume.

"Fuchsia Fox!" said Lt. Booker, holding his sidearm up and aimed directly at the superheroine's beautiful bust. "Assume the position! Spread 'em!"
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Chapter 2 --

There was complete silence for a few seconds. The other men of the tactical team glanced at Booker as if he were crazy. Everyone had seen the Fuchsia Fox save the day! What was he arresting her for?

Keri Keller's tears of relief having subsided, the beautiful young heroine gently removed the reporter's arms from her slender body and walked straight over to the black man, her gorgeous legs swaying seductively, until the barrel of his gun was inches from her fox-head chest emblem, aimed directly in between her nubile breasts.

"The last time you falsely arrested me, Lt. Booker," she said coolly, planting her hands on her rounded hips, "you ended up on crutches for three weeks. Unless you want to try for six, I suggest you point your weapon someplace else." Her brown eyes glared as she slightly emphasized "weapon". The Fox respected law enforcement officers, but she knew from personal experience that Alec Booker was nothing more than a bully with a badge.

The awkward silence was broken by a moan from the helicopter pilot as he climbed out of the stricken aircraft. Tossing aside his crash helmet, he shook his head slowly as if he just awoken from a nightmare. "Oh man oh man, what the-- CARAMBA!" He saw six Homeland Security officers pointing guns at him and quickly raised his hands.

"No! Wait!" Keri protested, rushing over to him. "It wasn't Raul's fault! We heard him all the time trying to fight it, trying to get control again. Isn't that right, Nick?" The cameraman nodded in agreement.

"Fight it?" the Fox asked, turning her pert little tail on Booker disdainfully. "Fight what? Do you mean somebody else was controlling the airplane?"

With everyone staring at him, Raul wasn't sure what to say. "It was like... Dios Mio! I never believed in spirit possession before, but that's what it felt like. Like the machine had a mind of its own!"

The Fox folded her arms across her chest, not sure what to make of it.

"We'll take it into account," said one of the Homeland Security men, holstering his weapon. "I promise you'll get a fair hearing."

"Don't think that gets you off the hook," Booker scowled at the superheroine. "If I find out you had anything to do with this, your little purple ass is MINE!"

The Fox raised one exquisite eyebrow. "Oh now I'm scared," she smirked. Flexing her pretty knees slightly, she took off into the sky, treating the men to one last look at her gorgeous booty as she flew away.

Minutes later, the stunning superheroine slipped into a convenient storage room and stripped off her halter top, followed by her bracelets, gloves, and ankle boots. Quickly she slipped on a bra and replaced her costume with her Smithsonian tour guide uniform -- a white blouse, light blue skirt and blazer, with a matching tie and high heels. Stuffing her costume into her shoulder bag, it was as Jennifer Traylor that she made her way to the main building of the museum, known affectionately as The Castle.

Jennifer's high heels clicked briskly on the stone steps as hurried through the employee's entrance, glancing at her watch. Thanks to her little adventure, she was nine minutes late returning from her lunch break, but if she was lucky...

"Miss Traylor," said a stern male voice. "I trust there is a good reason for your tardiness."

"Heh-heh... Dr. Gervais," Jennifer said with a sheepish little laugh. "Um... there was a big police chase up near the food courts... and it... um... sort of..."

"So I have been informed," the curator said as the two of them walked side by side down the corridor toward the restoration rooms. "Just this once, we will dispense with the court-martial, since I am sure you will be thrilled to learn that there is a middle school field trip arriving in ten minutes with your name on it."

"Oh. Goody," the girl said weakly, forcing a smile at the thought of a bunch of adolescent boys staring at her classy legs. Sometimes it really bites, she thought, being the most powerful superheroine in the city, able to pick up a helicopter, but still having to take this...

They were passing through a section of corridor where relics were often kept temporarily while awaiting disposition. A chill touched Jennifer's spine when she saw that The Stone was still there. It was a block of granite a little over five feet tall, shaped like a slightly crooked finger, or as some said, like a curvy woman in a gray robe. It was hard to really tell because it was surrounded by a wooden frame to keep it from being damaged during shipment.

The Stone had arrived a couple of days ago, a donation from some corporation in New York, and Dr. Gervais hadn't yet decided where to place it. Jennifer wished that he would hurry up because she hated to walk past it. Everyone else said that the carvings visible on its surface were beautiful, with intricate Celtic knot work and runes. The pretty brunette only knew that for some reason it gave her the willies.

"Oh damn," Gervais whispered under his breath. "Who let him in?"

Jennifer suddenly noticed a tall man with a long, somber face and steel-rimmed eyeglasses moving around the Stone. In one hand he was holding an odd-looking device, a box with two lighted vanes sticking out on either side, which he was slowly waving up and down and side to side over the Stone, like a priest giving a benediction. Even though he seemed completely preoccupied, he spoke to the curator without turning around.

"I warned you, Dr. Gervais," he said. "Mrs. Dennison's will specifically states that whoever inherits her estate must keep the Stone where it is."

"Yes, Dr. Spengler," the curator replied tiredly. "Unfortunately, she left no descendants. The cousin who inherited the house sold it, and the new owners decided to get rid of what they considered an eyesore. People who own things can do what they want with their own property." He shrugged.

The tall man looked him in the eye. "I'm not sure the Stone understands that."

Dr. Gervais sighed heavily. "It's a ROCK, Dr. Spengler," he said dismissively. Then he simply walked away.

Jennifer watched, fascinated, as the tall man turned back to the Stone, using that device of his one more time. "Excuse me," the girl said shyly. "But... what is that you're doing?"

"This is a PKE meter," Spengler said. "It measures psycho-kinetic energy. See? Nothing."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Jennifer asked.

"In this case," the tall man said, shaking his head, "it could be extraordinarily dangerous."

Chapter 3 -- Friday, October 31

During the next few days, Jennifer heard about fatal or near-fatal incidents of machinery going haywire all over the city. It might be the traffic lights along K Street all turning red at once, or security alarms that went off for no reason at all, or the subway train that crashed. Unable to discern any pattern, she began to feel paranoid, as if someone was watching her, always just out of sight...

Friday evening, just as Jennifer was getting off work at the Smithsonian, her cell phone rang. "Hey, JayTee!" said her friend Sharon. "So are you coming to the party tonight or what?"

"Party? Oh, right." Somehow Jennifer had forgotten all about Halloween. "I don't know... with Martin overseas, I thought I'd just stay home and--"

"Listen girl, he wouldn't want you to pine away," her friend said. "I've still got the Fuchsia Fox costume I wore a couple of Halloweens back. You can borrow it if you want. With your hair, you'd look just like--"

"I don't think so," Jennifer interrupted hastily.

"Well, I've got to run," Sharon said. "My boss has me organizing the unveiling of our new supercomputer next week. It's going to make IBM's Watson look like some kid's science fair project. Nothing like being thrown off the deep end to see if you can swim. Catch you later! Nine o'clock!"

"I'll try to stop by." Jennifer put away her phone, letting her thoughts drift as she followed along with her co-workers toward the Metro station. Twilight was just beginning to fall. The half moon was rising, making the most of this brief period before its glow was lost against the city lights. From the trees, crows scolded like sinister little dark men.

Suddenly Jennifer froze, her brown eyes wide. "Supercomputer?" she said out loud. Then she frantically looked around for someplace she could change!

On the other side of town near Washington Circle sat the six story Crossley Technologies Research building. It was fully dark now. The Fuchsia Fox watched from the rooftop opposite, her slender curves clad in her clingy two-piece costume. She had seen Sharon and her co-workers leave over half an hour ago, the night guard locking the doors behind them. The building was silent now; the only lights visible were security lights.

The pretty young heroine shivered, giving her long elbow length gloves a tug as the chill October breeze caressed her silken skin, fingering her beautiful brunette tresses. Had she guessed wrong?

Suddenly every single light in the building went off! They blinked on and off again several times, then steadied down, dimmer than they should have been. Swiftly the Fox leaped off the side of the building and dove for the main entrance. Hesitating only a moment, the spunky superlady pushed at the doors and found them unlocked. The alarms failed to sound as she entered the lobby. Someone or some thing must have shorted them out. There was no sign of the watchman.

The Fox explored deeper into the dimly-lit, seemingly deserted building, the echo of her own ankle boots giving her the unnerving feeling that she was being stalked by something that kept just out of sight in the dark. She finally found the server room. As she slipped inside among towers of machinery, she heard the humming of the generators that kept the supercomputer running, masking all other sounds.

The heroine stopped, the small hairs on her neck rising. A tall, hunchbacked figure with bulging black eyes like an insect was prowling among the computer towers. The Fox licked her lips. She was about to confront the Thing that had been causing all this mayhem...

The creature abruptly turned toward her, raising some kind of weapon. A brilliant beam of energy appeared, so bright that it nearly struck her blind. Thanks to her super-sharp reflexes, the Fox instantly raised her invisible force shield, but the swirling vortex of plasma curled around her lissome waist almost as though it were alive, tightening around the alluring young heroine. Sharp knives of electricity arced through every muscle in her fragile body, sending tingles of pain coursing along her skin and making her nipples rise up as hard points.

"Unnnnhh!" the Fox cried, collapsing painfully to the floor as the beam snapped off.

"Oh crap!" said a man's voice. "Are you hurt? That's my bad! I... I thought you were someone else!"

"S-someone... else?" the Fox stammered as Dr. Spengler knelt beside her, taking off the bulky nightvision goggles which had made him look like an insect. He set down the short metal tube he was holding, attached by a thick cable to the huge, squarish backpack he was wearing, which explained the hunchbacked look...

"It's a nuclear proton accelerator," he explained. "It shouldn't cause any permanent damage. Sorry about this..."

"What are you doing here?" the superheroine asked, finally getting her breath back.

"The same thing you are, I suspect..."

A cold, heavy fog was rolling across the floor. Already a foot or more deep, it piled up against the computer towers, swirling around the dark, female figure which was suddenly standing in the middle of the room.

She was beautiful. Crimson-maned, emerald-eyed. Her face held the arrogance of a queen. The woman's body was clad in a voluminous black robe that touched the floor, but the material was so nearly transparent that her utter nakedness underneath was plainly revealed, from the succulent roundness of her bare breasts, nipples high and pointed, to the smooth, shapely columns of her legs, and everything but everything in between.

Spengler was frozen in place, just staring at her.

The Fox slowly got to her knees. "That's a daring little outfit you've got there," she said, standing to full height. "Not many women could pull that off. Are you the person responsible for all the accidents this city's been having lately?"

One eyebrow raised. The green eyes ran over the Fox's body from her perky breasts to her long legs. The full lips pulled back in a haughty smile. The woman nodded.

"Can you speak?" the Fox asked.

Again the smile, the nod. Apparently she could, she just chose not to.

"Well, I'm the Fuchsia Fox," the superheroine said, thrusting out her attractive chest. "This city is under my protection. If you want to hurt anyone else, you have to go through me first."

Still smiling, the woman raised one delicate arm, fingers curling in a silent beckoning gesture. Come on, then...

"WAIT!" Spengler cried, but the Fox had already launched herself forward.

Thinking it was unsporting to punch out a girl who was dressed in nothing but her nightgown, the spunky superheroine reached out to grapple her around the waist. Unfortunately there was nothing to grab! The Fox's glove-clad arms merely whispered right through her sexy underclad body as if it were a hologram, the force of her momentum carrying her to slam up against one of the computer towers.

The heroine spun around. The redhead was still smiling, the kind of arrogant smile that just BEGGED to be wiped off a person's face! "Ok, babe," the Fox said. "You want to get rough? Let's get rough!"

She charged, swinging her right arm straight at that arrogant smirk. Her fist met no resistance whatsoever. But before the heroine could stagger forward off balance, her crimson-haired opponent had reached up with both hands and caught her around the throat in a strangle hold. Instantly the Fox felt as if her entire body had been completely submerged in below zero ice water! Gasping, muscles seizing from the bone-chilling cold, she struggled to break free, but the woman's naked body was still intangible, a phantom, a ghost. The superheroine could feel something locked around her throat in an iron hard grip, slowly throttling the life out of her, but whatever it was couldn't be touched by human hands, let alone fought. Even her super strength was to no avail!

The redhead drew nearer, her full lips almost touching the Fox's ear. "Little maiden, so brave and bold," she whispered, "helpless now in Malefica's hold. On this chilly Hallow's Eve, I am but the herald of Death. I send thee ahead to Arawn's realm. Tell the Lord of the Dead that I have opened the pathway for him."

The Fox watched in horror as all the skin peeled from her body in a flash, leaving nothing but a bare skeleton. Her mouth opened in a blood-chilling SCREAM!!!!

Spengler fell to his knees, clenching his eyes shut, clamping both hands over his ears. Even with the high density carbonite ear plugs he was wearing as a precaution, he felt the vibration through the very bones of his skull. He risked opening his eyes in time to see the superheroine, the blood draining from her face, drop lifeless to the floor. The woman with red hair faded away and vanished.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Cracking little yarn this, C!
Fabulous!
Beautifully tempered writing with your usual perky style balanced by great descriptions and a subtle edge of danger that belies the light tone.
Loved the nod to Ramis with the Spengler character
Awesome work!
(Like the Celtic reference too, me being Welsh. Hope the Fox doesn't end up in Annwn [though actually descriptions of it don't sound too bad!] I'd just hate to lose her!)
:thumbup:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

tallyho wrote:Cracking little yarn this, C!
Fabulous!
Beautifully tempered writing with your usual perky style balanced by great descriptions and a subtle edge of danger that belies the light tone.
Loved the nod to Ramis with the Spengler character
Awesome work!
(Like the Celtic reference too, me being Welsh. Hope the Fox doesn't end up in Annwn [though actually descriptions of it don't sound too bad!] I'd just hate to lose her!)
Thank you again, sir! I should probably warn you that my research on Celtic mythology was pretty much limited to a Time-Life book and a Dungeons and Dragons supplement. Hopefully the story will make up for any deficiencies.
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Chapter 4 --

For a long time, Spengler stared at the Fuchsia Fox's lean young body, so sweet and supple, lying spread out on the floor like a broken doll. He had failed, after all. Because of him, this poor girl was d--

The superheroine's silken legs twitched once, twice. Her gorgeous chest expanded, her firm, round coconuts rose and fell, lungs sucking in precious gulps of air as she sat up, trembling. "Ohhhhhh that was so NOT fun..." she groaned.

"You're ALIVE?" Spengler blurted incredulously.

"I hurt so much I almost wish I wasn't," the girl replied. "What WAS that thing?"

"That was a banshee," Spengler said. "From the Gaelic bean sith, meaning 'woman of Faerie'. Her scream is supposed to be fatal."

"Oh." Chalk up another one for the bracelets of Ishtar. "Why couldn't I touch her? Is she a ghost?"

"She is now," the tall man said, "but Malefica was also a powerful sorceress. According to legend, in the year 1170 she was imprisoned inside a cromlech -- a standing stone -- by an Irish Druid named Dennis of Ulster. His descendants brought it to America and set up on their homestead in upstate New York. She'd probably still be trapped inside it if some misguided idiot hadn't moved the stone from its resting place and broken the spell."

"I knew that Stone was going to come into this somehow," the Fox said bitterly, hugging her knees.

"I beg your pardon?" said Spengler, who could hardly be expected to recognize the beautiful, spandex-clad superheroine as the tour guide he had briefly spoken to a few days earlier.

"Never mind," the Fox said. "So all we have to do is put the stone back?"

"It's too late for that," Spengler said. "This is worse than I thought. She's going to finish the job she started in 1170, bring about the End of the World."

The superheroine shivered. "How does she plan to do that?"

A siren began wailing somewhere close by. Spengler suddenly started running toward the stairs as fast as could weighted down by his proton pack. The Fox leaped nimbly to her feet and followed. The scene on the rooftop was one of chaos. All the lights in Washington were out, the streets as well as the buildings. Blown transformers had started multiple fires, and while police and emergency units were trying to respond, they were hampered by the traffic lights which were somehow still on, blinking red-amber-green in quick succession.

As they watched, a ribbon of fire burst into existence, far away, streaking a short distance across the night sky. It was quickly joined by a second, then a third, then a fourth, linking up and crossing one another in the middle. "Where is that?" Spengler asked.

By the light of the half moon, the Fox could make out the Washington Monument on one side and the White House on the other. "That's President's Park, the Ellipse."

"Malefica inhabited the supercomputer and learned how to gain control of the city's power grid. She's using microwave towers to form an Earth Circle, a Pagan representation of the four elements of nature. With that, she's going to open the doorway to the Realm of Arawn, the Celtic Lord of the Dead. "

"I thought a pentagram--?"

"Common misconception. Blame Hollywood. The five-pointed star is actually an ancient charm of protection against evil, as long as its pointed the right way up. If you look at the literature from the Dark Ages--"

"Excuse me, professor," said the Fox, laying a delicate hand on his shoulder, "but can we focus on the problem at hand?"

"Sorry." He paused thoughtfully. "If I can get to the center where the lines cross, the discharge from my proton pack might disrupt the Circle. There's definitely a very slim chance it could work."

The pretty superheroine rolled her eyes. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

Homeland Security was already on the scene, twelve black SUVs forming a barricade between the White House lawn and the Ellipse. From this angle, they could see the Earth Circle forming a gigantic fiery square in the sky, about a hundred yards across, double lines connecting the corners and crossing in the center. Underneath it at ground level hung a massive cloud of swirling black fog like a curtain, obscuring whatever was happening in the center of the park.

As Spengler and the Fox arrived, Lt. Booker was right there to greet them. "I knew it!" the black man said, snatching up a submachine gun and pointing at the alluring young superhroine's curvy form. "I know you had to be involved with this!"

"This young lady is with me, sergeant," Spengler said, hiking his bulky proton pack higher on his shoulders. "What's the status?"

"Lieutenant Booker, Homeland Security," the black man snarled, lowering the gun. "who the f--?"

"Dr. Egon spengler, Special Parascience Executive for Convergence Transection and Ectoplasmic Research," the tall man said, talking rapidly in an authoritative tone. "I need you to set up a Wronski Defensive Echelon to keep the civilians from wandering into the Containment Zone. I need Zed Kappa lines at 20, 50 and 100 meters. When the rest of my team gets here, wave them on through. Come on, miss! Let's go!"

And without waiting, he brushed past Booker, who stood aside, bewildered by the torrent of big words. The Fox sashayed smugly past at Spengler's side as she asked in a low voice, "Is there really a Special... whatever it was you said?"

"I wish. It's just you and me. Let's get out of here before they catch on." Together they jogged toward the center of the park.

Chapter 5 -- Halloween

Passing through the black curtain was like struggling to make headway against a fifty mile an hour headwind. The Fuchsia Fox fought her way through, wind whipping her brunette tresses around her face, and emerged on the other side, pulling Spengler along behind her.

The area inside the black curtain was dead calm. The manicured lawn of President's Park had become a graveyard, a desolate landscape strewn with scores of crude tombs and gravestones, lit by the lurid, orange glow from the Earth Circle overhead.

Directly underneath the spot where the lines crossed was Malefica, standing atop a rectangular block of granite about the size of a long dining room table. At her side sat a huge black dog, easily four feet at the shoulder. Its coat was shaggy, its fangs dripped with saliva, and its eyes were like glowing red coals.

"This is bad," Spengler said. "She's opened the door already. Part of Arawn's realm is intruding into our dimension. The good news is the banshee won't be immaterial here. You'll be able to touch her."

"Oh really?" the Fox replied, shivering at the very thought of fighting her again. "What's the bad news?"

The banshee had her arms raised high over her head, her wondrous breasts thrust out proudly and her head thrown back as she sang some kind of incantation. The fiery circle above flared, lightning forked through the black cloud surrounding them, as men began stepping out of the shadows around the gravestones or climbing right out of the soft earth, their rotting flesh clothed in the tattered remains of uniforms and burial shrouds, their arms and legs moving stiffly as they stumbled into a rough circle around her.

The Fox barely held back a scream. Zombies! Thirty... forty... fifty... she lost count as their numbers multiplied.

"This is only the beginning," Spengler said. "There'll be thousands, hundreds of thousands if we can't stop her."

"I can see thy power, foolish maiden," Malefica said, her green eyes fixed on the Fuchsia Fox. The sorceress' lovely red tresses and diaphanous black robe floated and swirled around her naked body as if fluttered by a wintry breeze, the sheer fabric caressing her bare feminine curves.

"I can see yours too," the heroine countered, boldly planting her hands on her curvy hips. "And I have to tell you it comes off as kind of slutty going around without any underwear in a dress like that. You should at least put on a thong or something to cover your vajajay, you know?"

"Arawn comes," Malefica intoned, ignoring the gibe. "Thy talismans will prevail not against the Hunter of Souls." Smiling, she reached out one ivory hand to pet her dog. "Or perhaps I will allow Blackmane to have thee?"

"Bring it on!" the Fox challenged. Out the corner of her mouth, she quietly spoke to Spengler. "You need to get to the center, right, professor? Stay behind me. I'll see if I can keep them busy and give you your shot."

Without stopping to think about what she was doing, the spunky superheroine thrust her eager body forward like a missile just a yard or two above the ground, using the force of her flight to plow a path through the first line of zombies, bowling them over like mannequins.

Malefica smiled. "She is thine, Blackmane! Take her!"

The monster dog leaped, bounding over the undead creatures straight at the Fuchsia Fox. The very sight of its fiery eyes and drooling fangs was enough to make her heart thump with fear in between her perfect breasts. The nimble supergirl could have evaded it easily, but then it would have torn Spengler limb from limb. Instead she mentally raised her force shield as she met it head on.

The barghest crashed into her, overpowering the Fox and bearing her to the ground by its superior weight. The heroine threw a punch at its jaw, but the beast shrugged it off and caught her wrist between its teeth, clamping down on her golden bracelet and shaking back and forth, with its shaggy bulk on top of her keeping her pinned.

Meanwhile Spengler was zigzagging like a football player between the gravestones, the heavy proton pack thumping on his back as the zombies moved to cut him off. It was no good. There were too many of them.

The Fox, struggling underneath Blackmane, rapped the monster dog repeatedly on the muzzle with her left fist, twisting her lissome body just enough to bring up her exquisite legs to kick free and fling him against a tombstone. Leaping to her feet, the nubile young superheroine threw herself into the seething mob of zombies, her supple arms flailing back and forth, desperate to punch a hole in their ranks long enough for the scientist to slip through.

Cold hands latched around her slender waist, trying to pull her backwards. The Fox spun around and punched, sending the creature and the one next to it flying. But despite her superior strength, there were just so many of them! The army of undead closed in around her, each one she took down replaced by two more. Surrounding her were sightless eyes, leering half-open mouths, dry bloodless flesh in the tatters of moldy clothing. Dozens of hands were grabbing at her pert young body, drawn to her living flesh, pulling, plucking at her costume as she kicked and thrashed and fought for all she was worth.

Meanwhile, Malefica was still standing on top of the granite block, a look of mild alarm in her emerald eyes as Spengler made it through. For a split second, he almost wished Ray or Venkman were here. They would know what to say. He contented himself with saying, "Happy Halloween, witch," as he braced himself and fired off his ion projector straight up at the mystic circle.

The zombies paused in their attack, everything seemed to freeze as the searingly bright beam curled upward and struck the center of the Earth Circle. For a moment the two disparate energies clashed, lightning churning in the black curtain, lighting up the entire area. And then...

Nothing. With a whoosh! Spengler's proton stream collapsed as the undead surged forward and grabbed him, tearing at the straps of his back pack, ripping it free. The scientist drew in a ragged gasp of fear as the Earth Circle remained above them, intact. Malefica had the entire Washington power grid at her disposal. Against that, the proton pack hadn't been able to make a dent!

The Fox, momentarily in the clear, shuddered with the icy touch of failure. She was almost exhausted from fighting. They should regroup. She could fly over, grab Dr. Spengler, and...

Just then Blackmane slammed into her from the side, sending the beautiful heroine tumbling backward into a hard granite tombstone. Even though her skin tight force shield kept her from splitting her head open, the impact alone was enough to make her see stars. As she struggled to get up, the barghest landed on top of her, banging the girl's pretty skull against the stone again. With her concentration broken, her force shield collapsed.

The zombie horde closed over the Fuchsia Fox like a wave. Dazed, barely conscious, and helpless to fight back, the superheroine felt cold clammy hands all over her, grabbing at her arms and legs, picking her up, tugging off her bracelets of Ishtar.

"No! Nnnnooo..." the Fox moaned, struggling weakly to resist as her gloves followed, peeled off her silken arms as the sightless undead groped for the touch of her warm, tender, living flesh. The blindly seeking hands pawed at her halter top, ripping the skimpy garment across her fox head chest emblem in their haste to get it off of her. Unable to resist the strain, the fasteners popped free, allowing her costume to be stripped off and tossed aside. "S-stop..." she whimpered, her smooth torso and delectable young breasts exposed unprotected to the chilly October night as the zombies carried her away, powerless and completely shorn of defenses.
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

This is what I imagine the Earth Circle looking like. Don't bother looking it up; I made it up for the purpose of my story. It is however based on the notion that "Pagan" magic used the balance of the four elements of nature.
Attachments
earth circle.JPG
earth circle.JPG (14.62 KiB) Viewed 8091 times
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

And here is an updated picture of the Fox herself.
Attachments
Fuchsia3.JPG
Fuchsia3.JPG (14.3 KiB) Viewed 8091 times
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

TOP BANANA!

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
flirty_but_nice
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Centurion, fantastic last addition! Love the descriptions of the zombies pawing at her and removing her uniform. But then, you know I like that sort of thing. :-)
xoxo
Jenn (aka Flirty)
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I thought you would like that, both of you! Hopefully you'll also like the next chapter where we raise the stakes just a smidgen, and the conclusion.

I also want to point out that "Special Parascience Executive for Convergence Transection and Ectoplasmic Research" spells "S.P.E.C.T.E.R."! Just a little in joke.
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Chapter 6 --

"Bring the little maiden to me!" Malefica commanded haughtily.

The zombies numbered in the hundreds now, with more arriving by the second. The excess began marching off through the black curtain of fog to clash with the Homeland Security forces, attested to by the distant sound of gunfire as the defenders were overwhelmed and pushed back.

The Fuchsia Fox struggled to escape the mindless creatures as they carried her to their mistress, a multitude of clammy hands clutching at her smooth body, fondling her firm little B-cups. Driven by unknowable instincts, the zombies pulled off her pants and discarded them as they passed the nubile young superheroine along their teeming ranks and laid her across the huge block of granite.

"NO! Don't--! Let me go!" The Fox winced as her bare butt cheeks came in contact with the cold stone, her feeble protests ignored. Desperately she thrashed against those lifeless hands, but stripped of her powers, she was completely at their mercy. Her captors spread the girl flat across the broad slab of granite, four of them grabbing hold of her wrists and ankles, pulling her into spread-eagle position and kneeling in their places, holding her helpless in their unbreakable grip.

"Proud maiden," Malefica smirked, her sheer black robe swirling around her lithe white body, the long hem skirting her bare feet as she stood over the Fox, her arrogant emerald eyes looking down in triumph. In her hands, the banshee held the bracelets of Ishtar. "Where thy bold challenges now, child? What hast become of thy fabled might?"

Jennifer's body trembled all over with her helplessness, her chest rising and falling as she struggled to hold back tears. If she had on her costume, she could summon her bracelets to her by the quantum link the two of them shared. Naked like this, there was nothing she could do! And still pride held her head up. Something inside her refused to surrender. She was the daughter of Ishtar, dammit!

"It's... not... over... yet..." the Fox panted, her voice trembling.

"Without these talismans," the sorceress said scornfully, "thy impudence cometh to naught, thou skinny wench." She gestured towards Spengler, who was huddled against the foot of the stone, surrounded by her zombie horde. "And naught remains to prevent the Day of the Dead." Disdainfully she started to turn away, then paused, looking over her shoulder. "Enjoy her as thou wilt, Blackmane."

Almost paralyzed with fear, the Fox saw the great black barghest loom up in front of her, its red glowing eyes leering at her hungrily, its fangs dripping saliva as it padded forward in between her outstretched legs. Instinctively the girl tried to move away, but she was imprisoned.

"NO! Please--!" the superheroine whimpered, her heart thumping with terror as the zombies' grips tightened on her ankles and pulled her silken legs a little further apart. Chills ran up her spine, her skin crawling as she felt the creature's cold muzzle sniffing in between her spread legs, whiskers scratching the delicate skin of her creamy smooth inner thighs as it nosed closer to her defenseless muff.

"Ohhhhh! Dont--!" she moaned, her body quivering, arching involuntarily upwards as she struggled. The girl bit back a scream as she felt the hound's cold nose ram into her vulnerable cleft, poking at the folds of her labia, followed a moment later by its rank, humid breath hot on her vulnerable womanhood. Ugh! And its tongue, like a slimy flat serpent licking at her snatch while the army of zombies huddled around, a dead, sightless audience for her humiliation...

"NO! Don't... please..." Heat was spreading through her body, her heart fluttering, sending tremors of both fright and arousal tingling up and down her spine. Flat on her back, the Fox twisted and fought, but the zombies held tightly to her wrists and ankles, locking her helplessly in place while the barghest lapped titillatingly at her rosy flesh. There was no escape. She found herself staring upward at the fiery, four-pointed Earth Circle hanging in the air overhead. This was magic! How was she supposed to fight magic?

Blackmane's tongue was moving upward along her hips, her belly, over her ribcage, toward her bare chest. The Fox squirmed uselessly against the zombies holding her down, watching almost in slow motion as the beast got closer, its snout nuzzling her two pliant, yielding breasts, its slobbery tongue licking her upright nipples. Ugh!

It was so tempting to give in to despair and scream her lungs out. But then a strange calmness came over the helpless superheroine, as if she were floating out of her body, no longer a participant. She looked up past the looming monster, staring at the Earth Circle hovering above them, part of her mind almost mesmerized by the odd angles where the arcane double lines met in the center.

Blackmane's slimy drool dripped onto her bosum, but the Fox ignored it. She felt numb, almost detached, as her brown eyes followed the curious angles and the realization suddenly dawned on her that it wasn't so much magic after all as it was para-dimensional mathematics. If only she had her bracelets, she could...

"Protection," she muttered, closing her eyes as the black dog's tongue reached her face, its shaggy body bearing down closer as it positioned itself over her succulent pussy. "Ishtar protect me. Protect me from evil..."

Malefica turned, tossing her red tresses haughtily. "Pray thee for protection, child?" she cooed. "Much too late. Thy goddess hath no power here."

Spengler had also heard. Fenced in by the zombies, he was at the foot of the stone, watching. "Ishtar protect me," the Fox repeated, almost like an incantation. "Protect me from evil..." Struck by a thought, the scientist glanced up at the four-pointed figure in the sky. Of course!

Slowly Spengler pushed backward through the crush of undead. The zombies resisted, but they didn't attack. He pushed a little more, slowly, squirming his way through the line. They filled in the gap, so intent on the tender female morsel stretched out on the slab they were oblivious to the living man in their midst.

The proton pack was just where it had been dropped a few minutes before. Spengler hoped that it hadn't been damaged, but there was no time for a bench test. As soon as he moved in that direction, Malefica would know that he was up to something. It was now or never. He dove for it, flicking the activation switches on the side and aiming the ion projector upwards as the proton stream shot out with a WHOOSH!

Once again, the sightless eyes of the zombies raised as they all looked up. Blackmane paused in his attack on the Fox. Malefica merely glanced upward and back with an arrogant smirk. "Foolish mortal, attempted thee this action before," she sneered. "Thy plaything impresseth me not."

"Oh yeah?" the scientist said, bracing himself against a tombstone and holding on tightly as the ion projector in his hands began to throb and vibrate with power. "You forgot that a door swings both ways. I'm not trying to disrupt the circle, I'm adding more power to it."

The banshee looked up again as the circle flared brightly, the double lines twisting, distorting as Spengler's proton stream pulled one line into an angle, forming another point, aimed north in the direction of the White House, and turning the figure into a FIVE-pointed star -- a pentagram!

"Morrigan's bones!" Malefica swore. "Wretched mortal, what hast thou DONE?"

Chapter 7 --

A long agonized moan went up from the crowded ranks of the undead as they cowered from the pentagram hanging above them in the sky. Blackmane began shaking his head from side to side as if its very presence was causing him pain. Pulling back from the Fuchsia Fox's helpless body, he let out a bone-chilling howl.

"Fall upon the mortal and rend him!" Malefica urged, pointing an accusing finger at Spengler, who was struggling to hold the ion projector steady. "Slay him!"

The four zombies holding the Fox down against the slab of granite relaxed their grips, skulking away into the shadows. The young heroine immediately pulled free and kicked upward with both alluring legs, knocking the distracted barghest off the stone. Naked but for her ankle boots, she got to her feet and leaped, grabbing at the bracelets of Ishtar, but the banshee refused to let them go.

"Away, slattern!" Malefica taunted, her plump breasts swaying back and forth as the two females engaged in a desperate tug-of-war. "Scrawny, flat-chested little street urchin!"

"Now that's just... just mean," the Fox panted, her more modest B-cups bobbing gently as the women grappled. Finally succeeding in wresting her precious bracelets away, the heroine instantly slipped one onto her right wrist and spoke, "Ishtar!"

Nothing happened! She needed BOTH bracelets!

The banshee took advantage of the heroine's vulnerable position, grabbing her from behind. The Fox felt the wispy touch of villainess's diaphanous gown as her nubile body clasped up hard against her pert butt. Slender arms entwined her bare torso as she wrestled with her, exploring hands gripping the girl's two firm little coconuts, skin against skin. The frosty chill of Malefica's caress was once again like a plunge into sub-zero ice water. The heroine's teeth chattered, skin shivering with gooseflesh as cold enveloped her defenseless unclothed body, freezing her muscles.

"N-n-no..." the Fox whimpered, struggling not to succumb as her knees began to collapse. "It... can't... end this way..."

The left bracelet slipped into place, and once again she spoke, "ISHTAR!" This time the call was answered by an explosion of energy engulfing her svelte young body, sending the banshee sprawling as it transformed her.

The Fuchsia Fox rose several inches into the air, mentally summoning her costume. Her briefs appeared, delicately covering up her juicy pink girlhood, gloves sheathed her arms, halter top wrapped around her chest, the fasteners clicking into place. The bodice drooped slightly on one side where the zombies had torn it, leaving her left boob playing peek-a-boo.

Malefica looked up at the superheroine with loathing, her own flimsy apparel having suffered a rent down the front, exposing the rosy flesh of her own tender globes. With a hiss of pure evil, the woman of Faerie sprang, nails raking the girl's graceful jawline. The Fox returned the blow with her fist, then as they clashed, locked her hands on the banshee's wrists to ward off her chilly touch from her young throat. The two females wrestled, breast to breast, the super strength granted by Zumerian technology striving against the eldritch power of the 2000 year old sorceress. And the Fox was beginning to press her back...

Until suddenly Spengler's proton pack faltered. Its power cells all but depleted, the beam weakened, the shape of the pentagram above them wavering as it began to revert to its four-pointed form.

"Thy moment of triumph fast dwindles, wench!" Malefica smirked. The few zombies that still clustered around the stone paused hopefully in their retreat. Blackmane got control of himself, grinning evilly as he stalked toward the defenseless scientist.

"Not if I can help it!" the Fox replied. Desperately she brought up her silken knee into the banshee's crotch, hurling her back. With her arms free, she aimed her bracelets into the sky and fired off her devastating blue disintegration beam. Carefully now... the girl's brows knit together, her pretty face a mask of concentration as she mentally guided the free protons liberated from the air molecules by her beam down the four dimensional vector to reinforce Spengler's ion stream. She heard the banshee scream behind her, felt her icy hands flailing at her bare back, but still she grimly held on.

The pentagram snapped back rigidly into place, brighter than before, lighting up the whole graveyard. The last of the zombies scurried into the shadows and disappeared. Blackmane dropped to the ground, writhing in agony. Lightning flashed inside the surrounding dark curtain, but it was the last gasp of failure as the spinning vortex slowed.

Malefica suddenly dropped to her knees, clutching her heart. In the center of the pentagram, a pair of angry male eyes had formed. "Nay, Master!" the banshee cried. "It was the wench! I beseech thee punish me not, Master! Have mercyyyyyyyyy..."

The sorceress' arms were suddenly jerked above her by some unseen force. Her white body rose into the air, sucked into the center of the pentagram. Simultaneously there was a horrendous explosion as the pentagram folded in on itself.

The Fox released her beam at the same time Spengler's proton pack snapped off. Around them, the street lights came on and showed President's Park back to normal. The graveyard and the black curtain had both vanished as if they had never been. All that remained was Malefica's empty robe, drifting softly down to the ground like a wisp of smoke.

"I don't know what to say," Spengler said. "I was so fixated on overpowering Malefica's Circle, I would have never thought to use her own power against her."

"It's kind of a girl thing," the Fox said modestly.

Where the great dog Blackmane had last been seen was the semiconscious figure of a man wearing a District of Columbia patrolman's uniform. The superheroine kneeled cautiously beside him, feeling for a pulse, when suddenly Mike Stone sat up and looked around. "Oh Mama! That was some weird shit!"

"Take deep breaths," Spengler said, taking out his PKE meter and running it over the man's body like a benediction. "Nine point four over three one. Dropping to eight, seven, five. You've been through quite an ordeal, but I'd say you'll be fine."

"Yeah?" the bemused man said, as his eyes wandered over the shapely form of the Fuchsia Fox hovering in front of him and smiling, as beautiful as an angel.

Then the stunning superlady let out a squeak of feminine distress as she belatedly remembered her torn bodice and quickly tugged the fabric into place over her exquisite breast, blushing like a rose. Not a moment too soon, either, as two mobs of armed men in uniforms suddenly converged from two directions onto the spot where the three of them were standing.

"What the hell happened to the freak show?" Lt. Booker demanded, cuts and bruises all over his face, his uniform disheveled, waving his gun at the Fox, who could only stand helplessly clutching her halter top to her bust. "Purple Pants, consider yourself in my custody until I get some answers!"

"Not so fast, Booker," said Lt. Caldwell of the D.C. Police Department, approaching at the head of his men from the other side. The Fox sighed, glad to see a friendly face. "The Ellipse is city property, which puts it under my jurisdiction."

"BullSHIT!" protested the black man. "Five minutes ago there was an army of zomb-- ... of terrorist... things tearing up the city! That makes it Federal--"

"An army of terrorist things, eh?" Caldwell repeated smugly, looking around at the pristine park. "Well? Anybody see an army of terrorists? Speak up!"

It was a rhetorical question, since all evidence had vanished with the reversal of the mystical doorway. Caldwell shrugged. "I'll fax you a copy of the Fox's statement, Booker," the detective said, placing his hand gently on the sexy superheroine's sylph-like waist to escort her safely away. "In the meantime, why don't you go trick-or-treating or something?"

About an hour later, as Jennifer Traylor wearily climbed the stairs to her Arlington apartment, her phone rang. "JayTee!" her friend Sharon scolded her. "I've been calling you for hours! Did you hear about the power outage in Washington? More important... Why didn't you show up at the party?"

Jennifer groped wildly for some excuse. "Um... a guy at work invited me to... er... another party. I kind of left my phone off. Sorry."

"A guy at work?" Sharon said skeptically. "The Smithsonian you mean?" She sighed as if she couldn't believe her friend could be so lame.

"Well... yeah," Jennifer said. "He... Actually he introduced me to some pretty... interesting... er... people..." In the loosest possible sense, she thought.

"I'll bet," Sharon scoffed. "No, don't tell me anymore. No offense, girlfriend, but history bores me silly. I'm sure I'd have fallen asleep right in the onion dip."

>>>THE END
Last edited by Centurion 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Great stuff, loved it! :thumbup:
(I spotted the Specter reference :yes: )

valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I really liked the story, I like to mix monsters and dark stories with heroines and you did it very well