Fuchsia Fox: "'Til Death Do Us Part"

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Fuchsia Fox: "'Til Death Do Us Part"

[SPECIAL DOUBLE-SIZED ISSUE! This story is nine chapters long (instead of the usual six or seven), each chapter roughly half again as long as normal, bringing the word count to about twice that of a typical story of mine. The reason is because it's a Team story, featuring guest appearances by Supergirl and Wonder Woman, plus two rookie superheroines, Lady Emerald and Moondancer. You should be able to spot where I drew inspiration from "The Avengers", "Monsters vs Aliens", "Mystery Men", even "The Princess Bride". I'd also like to acknowledge Dr.Dominator9 for one particularly cool idea. The story is mostly straight action/adventure with the usual superheroine peril, but there is also some overt sexual content in chapters 2 and 7.]

Chapter 1 -- Flatrock County, Nevada

The secret base lay hidden in a remote section of the desert, buried within a mountain and lined with lead. The only outward sign of its presence was a rectangular facade of rusty corrugated tin like an old, forgotten mine entrance. All was quiet until two concealed launchers suddenly popped up on the mountainside, tracking a small, airborne target. Six surface-to-air missiles fired, streaking toward the target and detonating on impact.

A lissome female figure emerged from the fireball unscathed, a bright red cape streaming behind her like a banner. The girl was blonde, her pert body tightly sheathed in a long-sleeved blue leotard with a red and yellow "S" stretched across the youthful swell of her bust. Her elegant legs were set off by a flirty red miniskirt and red knee boots. Descending like a meteor, Supergirl punched through the rusted tin facade -- and the two feet of reinforced concrete behind it -- alighting inside a square entrance hall which guarded a tunnel twenty feet in diameter, leading deep into the mountain.

Two men dressed in black suits and ties swiveled to face her, their eyes shielded by dark glasses. "Intruder identified," they said in unison. "Terminate!" Raising hand weapons, they fired small balls of plasma energy which exploded harmlessly against her invulnerable chest.

The Girl of Steel retaliated instantly, her heat vision slicing diagonally across the torsos of both Men in Black like lasers, cutting them neatly in two just as a third emerged from the corridor behind her. The Kryptonian beauty spun on her left foot, miniskirt swirling silkily around her slim waist and creamy thighs as her right leg thrust sideways and kicked through its chest, spilling its mechanical innards across the floor. "Androids," the young heroine sneered. "When will they ever learn?" She set off gliding down the tunnel, her sun-yellow tresses dancing against her soft shoulders.

At the end of the long corridor, she found a massive round door like that of a bank vault. Guarding it were two more man-shaped robots, but unlike the MiBs, no attempt had been made to disguise them as human. They were big and bulky, with blank, visored faces and bodies of plain unadorned steel with energy blasters built into their arms.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Supergirl grinned. Gracefully eluding the two energy beams, the spunky Kryptonian caught the steel arm of one machine and shoved it against the wall, where she quickly hammered it into a shapeless pile of scrap with her powerful fists.

The second robot seized the opportunity to attack her from behind. Its concussion beam caught Supergirl off guard -- "Unh!" -- momentarily stunning her as it brought both arms down like a piledriver, pounding her sweet young body into the floor. Buzzing with homicidal intent, it grabbed a handful of her clingy blue leotard, picking her slender frame up as it prepared finish her off.

Suddenly a slim golden lasso encircled the robot's chest, jerking it backward off its feet and slamming the machine head first into the tunnel wall. The owner of the lasso stood victorious over its mangled remains, her legs clad in red and white high heeled knee boots. Her goddess-like figure was dressed in dark blue star-spangled briefs, a wide golden belt, and a red strapless bustier; her long raven black hair flowing over her smooth bare shoulders. Across her breathtaking bosom proudly rode a gold double-W emblem.

"Wonder Woman!" Supergirl gushed, in the tone of a girl who has just run into a friend while shopping. "Thanks! What brings you here in the nick of time?"

The Amazon princess extended one lithe, slender arm to help her up. "I might ask you the same thing. A few days ago an alien named Remis escaped the custody of the Air Force OSI. I almost caught him in St. Louis, but as he escaped he left behind a clue which led me here."

"Remis, eh?" said Supergirl, brushing off her uniform. "Pretty much the same story with me, only I'm chasing an alien named Kaver. Sounds like we're working both ends of the same case." She gestured smugly toward the vault door. "Shall we?"

"I think we shall."

The two superheroines each grabbed one edge of the door gave it a wrench, pulling it free and dropping it with a resounding THUNGGG! On the other side, they found the cylindrical tunnel continued another ten feet as a sort of entryway into a wide, semi-circular control room. Standing at the consoles were the two aliens they had been hunting -- thin, nearly seven feet tall, wearing dark gray robes. Their heads were overly large, rising to a pointed, hood-like peak, and they had enormous red eyes. The skin of their hands and faces were dark purplish and scaly.

From their vantage point inside the entryway, Wonder Woman and Supergirl could see that the control room itself overlooked a cavernous chamber full of incomprehensible machinery. In the center was a tower-like spike at the base of which were two spinning arms. The machine was running, whining, humming and pulsing with activity, generating a whirlpool of dark light around the spike.

"Stop this device at once!" Wonder Woman commanded, starting forward.

"Careful, Diana," the Girl of Steel warned, scanning the room with her her x-ray vision for the slightest sign of kryptonite. "Remis can be a tricky--"

Before they could make another move, two bright amber rays of energy lanced downward from two rows of openings in the roof of the entryway. Supergirl felt the assault swiftly penetrate her invulnerable body through and through with a stimulating electrical sensation that made all her soft parts tingle with arousal. She felt her body quiver with excitement, but this pleasant feeling was interrupted by a nerve-jangling pain, as if a diamond drill had just been driven through her skull and into her spine. She barely had time to cry out before even that was gone, replaced by a feeling of numbness from her head to her toes.

To her utter shock, the valiant young heroine found that she couldn't move a muscle! Every exquisite sinew and tendon in her supple body was locked rigidly in place. Supergirl tried to struggle, but she was like a mannequin, frozen in her last pose -- long legs planted, hips slightly cocked, arms half-way to her slim waist. She could feel her heart beating, her lungs working, blood rushing with adrenalin, but she couldn't move. Wonder Woman, just to her right, had begun to take a step forward, her right knee half-bent, left arm thrown forward, right arm trailing behind her. She looked a little off-balance in that position, but it was clear that the Amazon was also stuck, just as helpless as she was!

"Ah, visitors!" the alien known as Kaver drawled, leaving his companion at the console. "Simple-minded Kryptonian! Did you think I'd be unprepared for your meddling a second time? Don't bother to struggle. Our stasis rays have locked the neural impulses of your skeletal muscles, rendering you both quite powerless to interfere."

Supergirl uttered a defiant protest, but it came out like the mewing of a baby, "Nnuggh whuuu..." Mortified, she shut up. Her lungs and vocal cords still worked, but her lips and tongue were locked!

"What was that, little girl?" the alien laughed. "No arrogant quips? No proud boasts of how superior you are? You disappoint me!"

Sidling in between the two heroines, he reached downward to touch Supergirl's silken thigh with his left hand. The heroine couldn't help squirming inwardly, her heart thumping as his scaly, clawlike hand slipped underneath her miniskirt to impertinently stroke her round little butt. His other spindly arm reached over to pat Wonder Woman's bottom, sliding upward to drape across her smooth, bare shoulders. The Amazon's skin crawled at the alien contact with her vulnerable body, but frozen there like a living doll, she couldn't to do a thing to stop him.

"You forget," Kaver continued, "that we have been stranded on this miserable mud ball for over fifty years. Our shape changing abilities have allowed us to infiltrate and subvert more than one of your military's installations. It was so easy to lure you cocky little girls into our trap. And now I suppose you're wondering just what we plan to DO with the both of you, now that we have you in our clutches..."

Supergirl swallowed apprehensively. She had been concentrating so hard on trying to move, she hadn't gotten around to wondering that yet, but now that he mentioned it... what kind of fiendish plans did these aliens have for the two of them?

The dark whirlpool in the center of the big chamber groaned and hummed, the arms spinning more violently until at last, with an soundless explosion, an image appeared there within the swirling glow. It was the face of an alien precisely like the other two, except that the ornaments of his costume were rich and elaborate instead of plain gray.

"Kaver? Remis?" the image said, flickering slightly as if were being transmitted across a vast distance. "We had given you up for lost years ago! How is this possible?"

"We have been stranded on a primitive planet called Earth, my lord," Kaver said, leaving the heroines and walking forward. "But at last we have managed to construct this tachyon subspace wormhole. You should be able to lock onto our quantum beacon and send a hyperdrive ship through."

"Well done," said the alien on the screen. "You wish us to send a rescue ship, I suppose?"

"No, Your Gloriousness," Kaver said. "We wish you to send a battle cruiser. This backward planet is ripe for conquest."

Supergirl and Wonder Woman both sucked in their breaths in alarm. NO!

"Earth, eh?" said the other alien. "But according to our intelligence, that planet is under the protection of--"

"...Kara of Krypton," Kaver interrupted, "and Wonder Woman. But as you can see, Your Greatness, we have already taken them out of the picture." He gestured behind him, where the two heroines were trapped like flies in amber.

Wonder Woman and Supergirl both felt their bodies flush hot with indignation as the bulging red eyes of the alien's image scrutinized them. Not the least of their humiliation was the way these aliens talked about them as if they didn't matter. Desperately the heroines struggled to move, to utter a threat, to do ANYTHING at all to salvage some self-respect! But the stasis beams held them immobile and helpless, unable to so much as twitch their noses.

The alien on the screen nodded. "Very well done indeed. But what about the Zumerians? They have been known to take an interest in that wretched planet in the past."

"True, Your Greatness. But if we can gain a foothold before they realize what we have done, their High Council will dither and complain, but they will not wish to start an interstellar war."

Kaver's companion, Remis, spoke up. "There is a large and wealthy city nearby the site of arrival, Your Gloriousness," he said. "In the very heart of one of the planet's major nations."

"Very well," the ruler said, finally persuaded. "I'm dispatching a battle cruiser, commanded by Dumek, whom I think you both know. Expect the advance probe within 10 ke'nacks." He hesitated again. "Are you certain there is no one else on that planet who can oppose us?"

Kaver smirked. "I assure you, my lord. There is no one of any consequence."

Chapter 2 -- Las Vegas, Nevada

Jennifer Traylor stepped out of the shower, groping blindly for a towel to dab the water from her eyes. Her shower had left the bathroom pretty steamed up, so that her small, bare foot slipped slightly on the tiles. The girl bent over to towel off her slender legs, and as she straightened up, her eyes lit upon the plain white cotton dress hanging from the back of the hotel room door.

Since neither she nor Martin was particularly religious, the question of a big church wedding had occupied them for all of fifteen seconds. And to Jennifer's practical mind, the idea of spending hundreds of dollars on dresses and tuxes that were only going to be worn once seemed extravagant to the point of foolishness. Far better to use that money to bring their small wedding party out to Las Vegas for a week, where they could all have a good time.

Clutching the towel loosely around her body, she padded to the bathroom sink and wiped condensation from the mirror. The face that she saw was pale pink and beaded with moisture, her short brunette hair plastered to her skull like a wet mop, making her look even younger than her 25 years. The brown eyes looked back at her reprovingly. Are you SURE this is a good idea? they asked. It's not too late to back out. You're a superheroine, remember? You have an obligation to think about more than just your personal preferences.

She supposed it must be normal to have second thoughts, even at the last minute. Martin would understand. Her father would understand. They both knew about her double life. She wasn't so sure how the others might take it...

Jennifer was so preoccupied with her thoughts, she didn't notice the man slip into the room, didn't hear the stealthy footsteps creep up behind her.

Suddenly the girl felt strong male arms encircling her, pinning her arms and holding her prisoner, one hand clasped over her mouth to prevent her from screaming while her attacker pressed his hard body against her buttocks. Caught without her powers, Jennifer felt helpless. An electric surge of panic shot through her defenseless body as his other hand groped underneath her towel, fingers grazing her neatly trimmed bush, dangerously close to her vulnerable cleft.

"The Fuchsia Fox," a husky voice murmured in her ear. "At long last I have you just where I want you..."

The direction of his hand's exploration changed at the last second, caressing her belly. Jennifer felt lips, lightly sucking at the skin of her wet, dew-kissed shoulders and neck... Cold fear turned abruptly into a frisson of pleasure, making her nipples suddenly perk up with wanton arousal, her skin tingle with the desire to be touched. "Darling, please," she groaned, struggling to resist. "You're not supposed to see me in my dress before the ceremony, remember?"

"Technically," her fiancé said in between kisses, "you're not... wearing... your dress yet... are you?" His hand slid upwards under the towel, along her moist, silken torso, where he found her tender breast and cupped it in his fingers.

"Mmmmm... Martin don't..." Jennifer moaned, closing her eyes with rapture as a wave of warmth spread upward from the core of her being. Her knees were trembling, her pussy ached to be filled. Her hands suddenly felt far too weak to hold onto her towel as he took it away from her and let it drop to the floor. She turned in his arms to face him, her naked B-cups lightly grazing the front of his shirt as her own slender limbs snaked around his shoulders.

"Darling... you know I want you so bad," she said breathlessly as his strong hands grabbed her bare butt cheeks, squeezing her soft, hot flesh. "But we... we have to do this right. Let's wait until after the ceremony. Please?"

Martin hesitated. "It's going to be hard," he replied, both of them grinning at the intentional double entendre. "But you know I can't say no to you." He kissed her chastely on the forehead and reluctantly took his arms from around her. "I could never say no to you. I love you so much, Jennifer."

The swimming pool was on a terrace half-shaded by the bulk of the hotel itself. In the middle of the afternoon, the sun hit the terrace directly, and it was hot as only the desert can be. The pool rippled in the sunlight. The guests were clustered in small groups, mostly hiding out under the awnings from the heat.

Annabeth Cavanaugh was 22 years old and made a striking appearance with her green eyes, her long dark red-brown hair, clasped in a pony tail by a bronze pin, and the tattoo on her left arm of a single red rose entwined all about in green leaves. Thanks to her Irish ancestry, her skin had a tendency to freckle rather than tan in the sun, but heads turned at the sight of her nubile body, clad in a blue and white striped bikini bottom and racerback top. "How about over there?" she said speculatively to her companion, pointing out a convenient spot not far from the refreshments bar.

Paige Harlow was the same age, her honey blonde hair perfectly complementing her California-tanned skin. She was wearing in a black and white print bikini, and over it a white tank top with the tail knotted just above her navel. Over her left shoulder she was carrying a canvas tote bag. Her right hand was occupied with a handsome mahogany walking stick, because of a touch of arthritis in her knee due to a childhood injury. As she followed her friend, she awkwardly bumped a table, which knocked over a chair, which tripped up a waiter, who spilled a tray full of drinks and fell into the pool with a splash. "Sorry! Sorry!" Paige bleated.

In spite of the mishap, the two girls attracted their share of interested looks from all the men on the terrace, leaning over to watch their lean legs and their pert, round booties wiggle past.

Their way took them past three girls about their age, lying on lounge chairs in their swimsuits and soaking up sun. The first had shoulder-length light red hair, the second was blonde with brunette roots and streaks, the third was an African-American, with creamy mocha skin tones and short black hair.

"Hey, I know you!" said the dirty blonde, suddenly sitting up, her eyes on Annabeth's tattoo. "You're a runner!"

Her two friends turned over, rising up on their elbows as they gave the girl a strange look. "What?" the blonde said irritably. "You think I'm such an airhead I can't be interested in sports? She happens to be a track star at USC."

Annabeth smiled. "Not any more, I'm not. I just graduated. Nursing student. I have a job waiting for me in Albuquerque. Just taking a quick vacation on the way."

"I'm Sharon," the dirty blonde said, then gestured towards the black girl. "This is Liz, and that's Ashley."

Annabeth introduced herself and Paige as the two of them pulled chairs from a nearby table and sat down.

"How about you?" Ashley asked Paige, not wanting her to feel left out. "Are you a track star, too?"

"Who me?" the honey blonde laughed. "I'd trip over my own feet! We're just friends. I'm a journalism grad. I sent my resumé to all the Albuquerque newspapers. Keeping my fingers crossed."

Ashley raised her right eyebrow, noticing the way the two girls looked at one another, the easy chemistry in the way they leaned close to one another. Friends? Two attractive babes traveling together? Or more than just friends? The redhead shrugged. It was none of her business.

"How about you girls?" Annabeth asked. "Are you here by yourselves?"

"My stepsister Jennifer is getting married this afternoon," Ashley said, sitting upright and craning her neck. "See those three men at that table in the shade, nursing hangovers from the bachelor party last night? The one with the hat is the Father of the Bride. The one with the ugly shirt that totally doesn't go with his shorts is my dear husband, Rick. The one with the military buzz cut is the Best Man, Oscar." Annabeth and Paige looked him over approvingly.

"Speaking of which," the redhead continued, glancing at her wristwatch and then at her two companions, "we ought to be getting dressed."

"So soon?" complained Liz, laying back indolently in her lounge chair and stretching her long, brown legs.

"Yeah; Jennifer's probably a nervous wreck," agreed Sharon, sitting upright as well. "That is, if she's not upstairs banging Martin. Anyway she'll need someone to do her make-up." As she stood up, she turned to Paige and Annabeth. "Hey! You guys want to come? We're all going out to dinner later. The more the merrier!"

"Oh no, we couldn't," Annabeth demurred. "We really didn't bring clothes for a wedding..."

"Oh pish!" said Ashley. "Just throw on cover-ups or something. We're not getting all dolled up. Come on! It'll be fun!"

Wayne Newton (no relation at all to the famous singer) was the supervising Air Traffic Controller at the Las Vegas International Airport. He had just gotten himself his usual mid-afternoon cup of coffee and was standing looking out the glass windows at the busy terminal when one of the radar technicians called his name.

"Mr. Newton? I've been getting an intermittent contact at bearing three six zero and it's driving me batshit."

"Ok, what have you got?" the supervisor said, looking over the tech's shoulder. Sure enough, there was a big blip on the radar screen, which faded as he watched, only to reappear a moment later. There was no transponder code attached to it. "You've run a test diagnostic, right?"

"Naturally. It's coming in from restricted airspace, so I'm wondering if it might be a military bird gone off course."

Newton shook his head. The blip was way too big to be a runaway missile or something. With a radar return like that, it would have to be bigger than a 747. If it were that big, somebody on the ground would have spotted it and called it in, unless it were (ha-ha) invisible or something! And anyway it was going too fast. It was already over the city. "Ames," he said, turning to another station, "call up Nellis and see if they know anything about this. It's probably a thermal reflection or some--"

"SIR..." the technician said nervously.

Newton looked at the radar screen just in time to see the blip abruptly merge into the ground clutter and vanish completely. He couldn't believe it. "What the hell? Did that thing just land in the middle of Las Vegas Boulevard?"
Last edited by Centurion 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
lordgriffin
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hello Centurion:

As always the mechanics of your story is well done. I mean some people write such poor dialogue it's hard to read that is never a problem with you :) I admit based on 2 chapters, I am confused as to where your story is going. There is no real determinable plot to me...strikes me more of a slice of life with maybe some romance. (Not complaining just saying normally something happens at the beginning that sort of defines where the story is going). I still think you will be predictable... this will be another almost caught escapes at the end ending...but hey for your style...pretty good :)

LG
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

??? Don't quite get the previous comment as something DID happen at the beginning and Earth is primed for an alien takeover.
And well, in any ongoing series of stories with one central eponymous character you know they are going to win through so in that sense its 'predictable' like an Indiana Jones movie is predictable.

Great start Mr C, though I did think Sg and WW got taken a little easily , maybe having them fighting their way through more of the androids would have worked better for me, before the take down. As ever some lovely phraseology esposed :thumbup:

Nice stuff! :)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

lordgriffin wrote:Hello Centurion:

As always the mechanics of your story is well done. I mean some people write such poor dialogue it's hard to read that is never a problem with you :)
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
I admit based on 2 chapters, I am confused as to where your story is going. There is no real determinable plot to me...strikes me more of a slice of life with maybe some romance. (Not complaining just saying normally something happens at the beginning that sort of defines where the story is going).
I can kind of see your point. My stories are usually much faster paced than this. The thrust should be obvious from chapter 1 -- an alien battle cruiser is on its way, the aliens having already taken the precaution of capturing Supergirl and Wonder Woman so that they can't interfere. Kaver's final like to the effect that there is no one of consequence left to stop them was meant to segue straight into the opening of chapter 2, the implication being that Jennifer Traylor may be just that person of consequence he left out of his calculations. (Kaver knows the Fuchsia Fox, having been foiled by him once before; at this point he just thinks she's not in a position to interfere.) I can see that chapter 2 comes off as a little bit dull in comparison owing to the necessity of 1) explaining what the Fox is doing in Las Vegas when she lives in Washington D.C., and 2) introducing the new characters, Annabeth and Paige. Hopefully chapters 3 and 4 will be more exciting and to the point.
I still think you will be predictable... this will be another almost caught escapes at the end ending...but hey for your style...pretty good :)
High praise indeed, coming from you! Well... not to reveal any spoilers, I can say that the Fox and her friends will be the subject of a few perils in this story and if by some miracle they somehow manage to survive unscathed, I can only hope that the perils themselves will amuse you for a few minutes. :)
Last edited by Centurion 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

tallyho wrote:Great start Mr C, though I did think Sg and WW got taken a little easily , maybe having them fighting their way through more of the androids would have worked better for me, before the take down. As ever some lovely phraseology esposed :thumbup:

Nice stuff! :)
You're absolutely right. That chapter was originally just a Prologue about half as long. When I read it back I thought the same thing; that they were captured too easily. That was when I threw in the missiles, the MiBs, the robots and all. The implication should have been made that Wonder Woman had had to fight her way through a similar gauntlet.
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Chapter 3 --

The wedding chapel was half a mile back from the main street. The garden was so perfectly landscaped and hedged in that you almost didn't notice the two hotels towering overhead on either side. On the lawn, rows of mostly empty benches made a broad aisle at the end of which, in front of a heart-shaped archway covered with white paper carnations, stood the minister dressed in an immaculate white suit and tie. Beside him was a plump man wearing dark sunglasses, playing soft classical music on a guitar. Martin and his best man, Oscar, walked down the aisle in their best suits and joined them.

Paige and Annabeth had quickly changed into the short dresses they had brought along on the off chance that they decided to visit the casino. It was a good thing because, in spite of Ashley's promise not to get "dolled up", Sharon and Liz were in their best dresses. Sharon had her camcorder out as Ashley, the Maid of Honor, marched solemnly down the aisle in a beautiful knee-length floral print. Then the guitarist started into "Here Comes the Bride".

Jennifer made her grand entrance on her father's arm, wearing an ankle-length white dress with a frilly peasant bodice, worn off her shoulders. Her only jewelry was a pair of gold bracelets. Clutching her escort's arm, she leaned over and whispered, "Have you heard anything from mom?"

Kenneth Traylor glanced back and forth as if afraid of being overheard. "She said there was a crisis she had to watch on Rigel Nine, I think," he whispered back, flashing a feeble grin. "But you know she doesn't hold much with weddings."

"I know," Jennifer sighed. Her mother was Ishtar, a commander in the space fleet of the distant planet Zumeria, who had fallen for and slept with her father during a scouting mission. A proud believer in female superiority, she openly disapproved of Jennifer's decision to debase herself by marrying a lowly Earth man. This was the reason, in fact, that she and Martin had decided to flout tradition with a ringless ceremony. Ishtar would have thrown a fit at the notion of her daughter wearing what she called a "symbol of servitude" on her finger. "I just wish she was here..."

Before she knew it she was standing at the heart-shaped archway, her father was passing her hand to Martin, and the minister was beginning to speak.

On the corner where Madison Street joined the Strip, a l975 Cadillac Eldorado had been t-boned by a Ford Suburban. Neither driver had been seriously injured, but both cars were disabled, leaving police officer Sammy Davis (no relation to the famous singer) to stand there in the hot sun tediously directing traffic around the wreck until tow trucks arrived. "Come on, come on!" he yelled impatiently at some stupid jerk who didn't seem to want to move forward when his turn came. The moron just sat there in his car, staring up at the sky.

As a matter of fact, all down the street, even in the lanes that were free of obstruction, people were stopping, getting out of their cars, looking upward with their mouths hanging open like idiots. Just then a shadow fell across Officer Davis, as if a black rain cloud had blotted out the sun. Annoyed, he turned around to see what all the fuss was about.

A gargantuan, bullet-shaped THING of metal, a hundred and fifty feet tall if it was an inch, landed less than twenty yards away in the middle of Las Vegas Boulevard, sending a ripple through the ground and crushing the asphalt under its massive weight. In width it easily straddled all four lanes of traffic plus the median. With a sound like thunder, panels popped open on either side of the thing's body, releasing two enormous extendable arms which had been folded flush with its surface, each equipped with hands at the extremites in the shape of clawed, bucket-like scoops.

As Davis watched, frozen with horror, one of the crane-like arms reached down over his head, casually picked up the two cars and flung them away as if they were Matchbox toys! Then, taking no notice of the frantically running pedestrians, the Thing began walking down the boulevard on four squat legs, crushing everything in its path.

"Do you, Martin Thomas Fletcher," the Minister droned, "take this woman Jennifer to be your wedded wife -- to love, honor, and cherish her from this day forward..."

Paige, sitting in her lacy red dress in the comfortable shade of the palm trees, tried to concentrate on the nuptuals, but Annabeth, perched next to her in a little black sheath dress, was restive. The auburn-haired girl crossed her legs, then uncrossed them, tugged at her tight skirt. Paige shifted in her seat, recognizing the symptoms. She was long used to her friend's unpredictable psychic flashes, brief precognitive glimpses into the future. What was going to happen? Was the groom going to have a wardrobe malfunction and totally humiliate himself in front of everybody? Was he going to faint?

She heard Fletcher's steady voice say, "I do. With all my heart."

Then the minister was launching into the distaff version. "Do you, Jennifer Ann Traylor, take this man Martin..." and so on and so forth, "... until death do you part?"

Jennifer was just opening her mouth to reply when Annabeth suddenly jumped to her feet. "INCOMING!!!" she shouted at the top of her lungs.

Everyone looked, shocked by the rude interruption. Jennifer stood gaping like a fish, speechless with mortification. Fletcher, his own sixth sense honed by his recent tour in Afghanistan, threw his arms around his bride's lissome waist and literally swept the girl off her feet, tumbling them both into the astroturf lawn. The minister stumbled backward as a Cadillac Eldorado crashed smack into the heart-shaped archway precisely on the spot where they had just been standing.

The women screamed. A second automobile hit the roof of the chapel itself, collapsing it in a shower of rubble. Only then did the 150-foot metal monster, half a mile away on Las Vegas Boulevard, lumber into view in between the buildings that had blocked their view. By now it was escorted by flying squadrons of smaller man-sized figures with jet packs. As the group watched in horror, several of these broke off from the main body, flying in the direction of the chapel, randomly firing energy blasts at anything on the ground that looked like a target.

The guitarist turned and ran the opposite way, toward the garden gate that led toward the Alessandro Hotel next door. The others took this as a signal. Ashley and Rick ran after him, followed closely by Sharon and Liz, still screaming shrilly.

Fletcher, lying prone on top of Jennifer's willowy frame, lifted his head to look around. "Oscar! Look after the girls!" he ordered. "Get them inside, stay away from windows!" His Best Man nodded and hurried after Sharon and Liz. The minister was still standing there in shock, staring at the ruins of the chapel. Jennifer's father was crouched behind one of the benches, unwilling to leave his daughter in danger. The other two girls, Annabeth and Paige, were nowhere to be seen. Possibly they had panicked and run into the thick hedges surrounding the garden.

Jennifer squirmed underneath him. "Martin? Let me up." He climbed off of her, briefly cupping the softness of her left breast as his hands slid along her silken figure. But this was no time for pleasant distractions. He shot to his feet and helped her up, both of them eying the approaching danger while quite aware of the minister and Kenneth watching them.

"Oh the heck with it," Jennifer said, reaching behind her to unzip her dress as she kicked off her heels. There was no time to worry about secret identities.

The minister's eyes grew wide as saucers as he watched the bride's white dress drop to the ground around her slim ankles, exposing her sweet young body clad only in white nylon panties and a strapless demi-bra. But that was nothing compared to his astonishment when she crossed her wrists, touched her two gold bracelets, and said, "Ishtar."

A burst of light flared from the bracelets, engulfing her completely as her body seemed to rise into the air, shining like a star, her short brunette hair splayed out like a halo. Her flimsy underthings vanished in the energy discharge, so that the minister's stunned eyes briefly registered the sight of her nubile young form, as unprotected and naked as a baby's. But then clothing materialized around her. Clingy reddish purple briefs caressed her pert, round tail, the same color ankle boots and elbow length gloves, and finally a v-necked halter top to sheath her lovely bosom, displaying a fox head chest emblem.

As the light retreated, the Fuchsia Fox stood there, legs planted in defiance as the flying humanoids loomed closer. "Look after dad, Martin," the stunning superheroine said tersely, then shot into the air like a beautiful rocket.

On the other side of the hedges, Paige and Annabeth hadn't gone far. After witnessing Jennifer's startling transformation, the blonde girl raised her mahogany walking stick to her lips and whispered, "Come to me, ancestor. Come to my aid."

Paige felt a sudden rush of emotions, a sensation of falling. The arthritis in her knee went away, and she felt stronger, faster, more confident. Fighting instincts and strategies settled into her mind as if she had been studying combat for a lifetime. Her brain whirling, the gallant girl took a deep, steadying breath, her hand tightening around the smooth, strong wood of the six-foot fighting staff which had a moment before been a walking stick.

Looking down, Paige saw that her garments had been changed into a sexy little minidress so short that it barely covered her cleft, held up by narrow spaghetti straps crossing behind her bare back. It was made of some silk-like pale gold fabric which softly caressed her body and whispered like gossamer around her shapely hips. Her bare legs were clad in gladiator sandals with leather thongs criss-crossing her sensuous stems to the knees. There was a gold belt on her waist and gold armguards on her wrists. When she reached up she felt a gold domino mask concealing her identity, along with a narrow circlet pinning her honey blonde curls back out of her face.

She looked around for Annabeth. "Aren't you changed yet?"

"Excuse ME!" the auburn-haired girl replied testily, struggling with her clothing behind the bushes. "I didn't inherit a mystical artifact from my grandmother. I have to get dressed the old-fashioned way!"

"I'm not waiting for you," the blonde said, using her staff to vault over the hedge and into action.

Chapter 4 --

A formation of armored humanoids was flying straight toward the chapel area, firing their concussion beams at random into parked cars and into the building fronts as they came, while their blank visored faces scanned for targets. The one at the apex of the group spotted the Fuchsia Fox flying up to meet them and took aim with his arm-blaster. The spunky superheroine executed a graceful roll to the left, evading the beams as she swooped upward and struck him a grazing blow on the helmet. The four on his flanks opened fire, concussion beams criss-crossing and deflecting off her force shield as the stunning supergirl dove at another one.

This one she slammed into full force. Her strength enhanced to incredible levels by her power bracelets, the Fox ripped through the man's metallic armor as if it were paper, discovering that it wasn't a man at all, but a machine in human shape. The kid gloves were off now! Jennifer charged down one, then another, pounding them furiously with her fists and sending them spiralling out of the sky.

While she was thus occupied, three others continued past and landed in the wedding chapel garden, stalking Martin Fletcher, Kenneth Traylor, and the minister. Fletcher launched himself at the nearest one, desperately grabbing its arm to prevent it from using its concussion blaster. The robot's mechanical strength proved just a little too much for him. It yanked its arm out of his grasp, its other arm throwing the erstwhile groom to the ground. Then it leveled its concussion blaster on Jennifer's father.

A mahogany battle staff suddenly went CLONK! against the arm-blaster, knocking it upwards just as it fired. With a movement as smooth as silk, a leggy, honey blonde girl dressed in a sexy little golden minidress and mask cartwheeled in between the killer android and its prey. Her staff was almost a blur -- thrust, parry, thrust, spin, thrust -- as her blows scrambled its circuits and brought it down. Martin stared, amazed by her astounding fighting skill.

"I'm called Moondancer," the girl introduced herself, glancing quickly at Martin over her exquisite shoulder without missing a beat. "Look out; this is going to be tricky." There were two more enemies advancing, and enhanced though her strength might be, it was still within the range of a normal 22-year-old female. She couldn't exactly bend steel with her bare hands, but there were other ways.

As the two attackers marched forward, Moondancer stepped back a pace or two and did a graceful forward somersault, treating the men behind her to an all too brief glimpse of her tight little butt clad in golden silk panties as her teeny little skirt flew up. The nimble girl landed within arm's reach of one of the androids, hooked her staff around its arm-cannon, and forced it to point at the other robot just as it fired. The concussion blast tore through the machine's chest, causing it to collapse in a smoking ruin. Releasing her unwitting helper, the young heroine kicked backward and leaped like a ballerina as her fighting staff suddenly shrank lengthwise from six feet to a one-and-a-half foot handle from which projected three feet of shining, razor-sharp steel. At the top of her arc, she gave a sharp thrust, driving the point of her sword straight through the machine's visor. It spat out sparks and died.

"Whew!" the blonde superheroine said, drawing out her sword and resting its point on the astroturf. Then a concussion blast hit the ground not a yard from her feet as yet another passed overhead from the other direction, strafing the garden. Fletcher grabbed Kenneth and the minister and ducked behind the shelter of the Eldorado.

But suddenly a second young woman appeared from out of the landscaping. "Stay back!" she warned. "I've got him!"

Her hair was a lustrous mane of dark reddish-brown tresses, her lean, feminine figure sheathed in a long-sleeved, emerald green crop top with black borders at the cuffs and wide, U-shaped neckline. Below her slim, bare midriff, her sensational legs were clad in matching tights and a black belt. Her face was partly obscured by a green mask, and around her swanlike throat she wore a small necklace with an emerald gemstone.

She made a preemptory gesture with her right hand, sending out a green ball of light that struck the flying figure's head. Its jet pack faltering, it hit the ground at her feet. The mystery lady smugly cocked her attractive, well-rounded hips -- but the robot immediately popped back up and continued its attack. "OH!" the girl gasped as before anyone could stop it, powerful metallic arms had grabbed her curvy torso, pulling the auburn-haired beauty into its clutches and lifting her off the ground. As she struggled, legs flailing, her slender body slid downward against her attacker's chest, causing the bottom edge of her spandex crop top to ride upward, flashing a pair of truly spectacular bare breasts! The three men watched this with a great deal of fascination.

"Eee!" the girl squeaked. Desperately trying to ignore her embarrassing exposure, the luscious lass closed her eyes, her small mouth set in a line as she concentrated. An emerald halo formed around the robot's head, deepened, intensified, and finally caused its cranium to explode. It let go of her and toppled backwards.

"Sorry about that," the girl panted, rosy-cheeked, as she quickly jerked her clingy top back down over her magnificent boobs. "I thought it was just a man in a suit. My mental blast would have knocked him out if it was. So I had to switch to telekinesis, and that's harder."

"You don't have to give us a blow-by-blow--" Moondancer began reprovingly.

The Fuchsia Fox returned at this point, swooping down like an angel and landing on lawn. "Pretty impressive," she said, surveying the wreckage. "I'm the Fuchsia Fox. Are you girls from around here?"

Annabeth and Paige looked at one another, their eyes behind their masks wide with amazement. They had actually SEEN Jennifer transform, and yet up close they couldn't believe that this was the same girl. And she wasn't even wearing a mask like they were, but she looked so different, so gorgeous and sexy like a supermodel! It was hard to believe that a skimpy spandex costume could make so much difference, but obviously it did.

"I'm Lady Emerald," the girl in green said proudly, giving the clingy waist of her tights a slight tug. "She's Moondancer. We're not exactly famous, I guess. We usually work out of Southern California."

Southern California? thought Martin, struck by Lady Emerald's lustrous auburn mane. Isn't that a coincidence? That's where Sharon said Annabeth and Paige were from...

"Let's not worry about one another's secret identities," the girl said, almost as if she had heard his thoughts. "We've got more important things to worry about."

The sound of distant gunfire suddenly drew their attention back to the 150-foot-tall behemoth slowly making its way down Las Vegas Boulevard, smashing buildings as it went. From their vantage point, they could see EMT and police units hurriedly trying to evacuate civilians from the Strip, while SWAT teams in helicopters tried valiantly to hold it back with the toughest weapons in their arsenal. Nothing seemed to make any impression on it.

And if that weren't bad enough, flights of those robots were still roaming around. Another squadron of six was peeling off even now and coming in their direction. The Fox tensed up, planting her feet, a faint glow playing about her power bracelets in anticipation.

"We're exposed here," said Moondancer, prompting Lady Emerald to self-consciously give a slight correcting tug on her crop top's U-shaped neckline. "I meant we should get the men to safety."

Jennifer agreed that it made sense. The wreckage of that last android was blocking the garden gate, so the six of them quickly scuttled around the chapel, with the three nubile heroines providing cover, toward the Amos Fortune Casino on the other side. It had already taken damage from random concussion beams and the power was out, but they found shelter inside the cavernous concrete parking garage as the killer machines soared past overhead, searching for easier prey.

"You'll be safe here, dad," the Fox told her father, giving him a quick hug. "Martin will look after you. Just keep your head down. I love you."

"Sweetheart," he murmured, his voice husky. "Take care of yourself, okay? Be careful."

The Fox hesitated, biting her lower lip. She didn't need this now! This was her wedding day! She was supposed to be spending it in the arms of her-- "There's one thing I need to do first," she said, briskly turning to the white-suited minister, who was still looking a bit dazed. "Can you finish the ceremony, sir? Please?"

The man seemed to come back to himself from a long distance. "Er... Finish the...? NOW?"

The young heroine suddenly felt Martin beside her, his warm hand resting lightly on her trim waist. "You had just read me my vows, remember?" she reminded the minister. She turned to Martin and looked up into his eyes. "Well I do! I do I do I do! Is that good enough, or do you want me to say it again?"

"Um... well... I..." the minister said, looking around at Kenneth, Moondancer and Lady Emerald for help.

"We're in a terrible rush here," Moondancer said, with one eye on the entrance to the parking garage, where the jet packs of more those killer androids could be heard zooming past. "Can we hurry it along? Kind of skip to the end?"

"'... man and wife'!" Lady Emerald prompted. "Say: 'Man and Wife'!"

The minister gulped. He said, very fast: "By the power vested in me by the state of Nevada I pronounce you husband and wife. You may--"

But Martin had already beaten him to the punch, sweeping the Fox into his arms as he pressed his mouth to hers. The scantily-clad superlady responded with a primal moan of pleasure, eyes closed in feminine submission while she kissed back as if her life depended on it. Fireworks of euphoria exploded in her head as she felt his delicious cock growing secretly hard against her body inside his trousers. Her will seemed almost to melt into his, her right knee bending as her body hung limp and powerless, suspended in the encircling protection of his arms, while time itself seemed to stand still in deference to the carnal union of male and female.

As kisses go, it wasn't bad. Moondancer and Lady Emerald watched enviously as the two of them osculated for a good minute. "Er... I hate to interrupt you kids," Lady Emerald said, "but the city...?"

Finally the kiss broke and the Fox reluctantly pushed herself back from Martin's embrace. "HOO! OK then!" she gasped, her cheeks flushed, nipples making visible points on the front of her tight, clingy halter top as she struggled to bring her pulse rate back down to normal. "Let's do this!"
Attachments
moondancer and lady emerald.JPG
moondancer and lady emerald.JPG (28.19 KiB) Viewed 10935 times
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Nice chapter! Good action with fun moments of enticing thrills. I look forward to how this develops. :yes:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

DrDominator9 wrote:Nice chapter! Good action with fun moments of enticing thrills. I look forward to how this develops. :yes:
And I hope you recognized the idea you gave me!

I had originally intended to space out these installments a little, since they're so long. So I was going to save installment 3 (chapters 5 and 6) until Monday. But sitting here it occurs to me that the end of chapter 6 makes a much better cliffhanger for a Friday afternoon, so what the heck?
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

chapter 5 --

The Fuchsia Fox carried the other two heroines, each holding onto one of her lithe, slender arms, across the cityscape to Las Vegas Boulevard. Across from Caesar's Palace, directly in the path of the gigantic iron juggernaut, a city bus loaded with evacuees had run up on a massive chunk of fallen concrete so that its rear axle was stuck, wheels spinning uselessly. Firefighters were frantically trying to push it off the obstruction while half a dozen policemen in riot gear desperately tried to fight off a score of robots advancing toward them on foot.

Diving, Jennifer released Moondancer while still thirty feet in the air. For a moment the wind rippled the silky fabric of the young blonde's skimpy gold minidress, whispering over her soft bare skin. Her sandaled feet hit the back of one robot, breaking her fall at the same time her longsword sliced straight down and through its spine, severing its main power cable. As the machine toppled forward, the heroine rode it down and hit the ground rolling, sword slashing through the legs of another android, decapitating a third, skewering a fourth through the chest as she ripped through the robots like a beautiful buzzsaw.

Lady Emerald dropped lightly onto the broad shoulders of another machine, her supple thighs sheathed in green nylon astraddle its neck while she wrapped both hands over its sensing visor. The robot spun around in a futile attempt to dislodge the spunky superheroine, giving the auburn-haired beauty the perfect opportunity to steer it back the other way, blindly firing its concussion beams at its own side. The gemstone hanging at her throat glowed briefly as she levitated herself off of its back just before it crashed head first into one of its fellows.

Meanwhile the Fox landed behind the bus. "I've got this, guys. Give me some room," she said, tossing her short, sassy brunette tresses. Bracing herself, the girl took a deep breath and lifted the back end of the bus clear, walking forward and pushing it back onto the street. "OK, everybody clear the area! Get these people out of here!"

The last of the androids had been taken out. The policemen and firemen clustered around the three superheroines, openly gawking at their sensuous feminine curves, accentuated by their alluring, body-hugging costumes. Mainly they seemed drawn to the Fuchsia Fox like moths to a flame, ogling her sleek, supermodel-class body; her clingy, bluish-pink halter top and bottoms; her elegant, elbow length gloves; her long, classy gams and sexy ankle boots. Moondancer and Lady Emerald exchanged envious glances. They couldn't help feeling a little disgruntled by the lion's share of the attention going to Jennifer, but there was no denying that she oozed sexiness from every gorgeous pore. She had the men practically eating out of her hand.

"Who's that giving orders?" growled a SWAT officer who pushed his way through the ranks. He stopped short at the unexpected sight of three seductive young women in spandex here in the forefront of a battle zone, with wrecked robots lying scattered at their feet. His eyes, too, were drawn to the brunette. "Who are you supposed to be, babe?"

"That babe's the Fuchsia Fox, lieutenant," said one of the men, raising his riot visor. "I just transfered here from D.C. Don't sweat it, sir. We're gonna see some real ass-kicking now!"

"I'll do my best, officer," the superheroine said shyly, feeling pleased to be recognized so far from home. She thought: Now all I have to do is not get knocked on my ass and publicly humiliate myself. No pressure, Jennifer...

They all looked upwards, at the big iron monster stalking closer at a steady, relentless pace on its four squat, articulated legs. Its two crane-like arms swung out to either side with each step, each one bringing down part of a building in an orgy of pointless destruction.

"It's got to have a vulnerable spot somewhere," Moondancer said, as her sword shrank to a one-foot long rod which she tucked conveniently into her belt. She turned to Lady Emerald. "Do you sense any intelligence about it at all?"

"Nothing! It seems to be just a high-tech Acme mechanical city-crushing machine!"

The Fox thought of the Rod of Ishtar, which was part of her power bracelets. In emergencies, it could project a narrow disintegration beam, but she was still leery of using it lest it run out of her control. "Maybe we don't have to beat it," she said thoughtfully, catching sight of television news vans setting up behind them at a safe distance. "Once this hits the national news, Wonder Woman is bound to hear about it, wherever she is. She'd make short work of it."

"Or Supergirl," suggested Moondancer.

"So all we have to do," Lady Emerald said hopefully, "is keep it busy until the cavalry gets here. We can do that."

It was almost on top of them now. The firefighters had departed, but the six SWAT men remained, not because they thought they had a snowball's chance in Hell, but because they'd be damned if they'd admit that three twentysomething-year-old chicks were braver than they were. Even so, when the concrete under their feet trembled almost too much to stand, they began creeping backwards.

"Let's do it!" the Fox said, shooting upwards, leaving the men briefly enjoying the view of her sassy little tail as she flew skyward. As she streaked past, the heroine noted that the juggernaut's bullet-like shape seemed to be divided into three sections, the top two of which could rotate independently. On the front of its dome-like "head" was an "eye" -- a recessed disk some twenty feet in diameter, made of some translucent blue crystal with a black pupil. Maybe it was a vulnerable spot.

Swooping in, the Fox drew back her fist and aimed a roundhouse punch at the crystal. The millisecond she made contact, a powerful surge of energy shot through her nubile young body like an electrical storm, hurling her back and temporarily paralyzing her. "AHHHH!" Jennifer screamed, nerves jangling. Nearly losing consciousness, the superheroine tumbled downward like a wounded dove, angling her fall so that she crashed into the relatively soft roof of one of the police cruisers.

Moondancer and Lady Emerald looked at one another in dismay, feeling lumps in their throats. Moondancer took a running leap and bounded acrobatically off the roof of an abandoned car onto the behemoth's leading leg, her leather sandals gripping on the slight incline, her lean, lithesome body stretching until her fingers caught hold of the articulated joint nearly twenty feet off the ground. As the blonde beauty hauled herself up, her rod telescoped again into a longsword and stabbed downward at the joint. Immediately a wave of energy seemed to ripple beneath the surface of the metal, repelling her stroke and nearly dislodging her grip.

It was protected by a force field of some kind! No wonder the police couldn't stop it. How were they going to--?

The monster swayed slightly as its other front leg swung forward, bringing its foot above the police cruiser where the Fuchsia Fox was lying stunned. The police officers to a man exercised the better part of valor while Lady Emerald, heart pounding inside her lovely chest, focused her mental powers on that mammoth knee joint, hoping to at least slow it down. Verdant energy flared against the metal as the auburn lass stood with her left hand outstretched in concentration, perspiration beading on her pale forehead, skin tingling under her long-sleeved spandex crop top. The girl felt something inside the machine snap -- she visualized hydraulic lines rupturing, fluids spilling, circuits catching fire. The juggernaut faltered, its foot hanging suspended in mid-step.

The Fuchsia Fox, recovering her senses, caught the bottom of the foot with both hands, arms extended above her. "Come on you..." the sexy brunette groaned, as with all the strength she possessed, she thrust outward, pushing, twisting the joint until finally it snapped with a scream of tortured metal.

The eye on the front of the machine's head swiveled, almost as if it couldn't believe what had just happened. Crippled, it turned its two crane-like arms on its doll-like tormentors. One swept downward toward its knee joint, knocking Moondancer from her precarious perch and sending her rolling down the incline of the leg in a jumble of gold skirt and lovely arms and legs. Lady Emerald caught the tumbling heroine with a telekinetic cushion just before she went splat on the jagged concrete. The two masked girls looked up just in time to see the other arm come around and its clawed scoop slam closed around the Fuchsia Fox like a clamshell, letting out an iron clap like thunder.

"FOX!" screamed Lady Emerald.

With a groan of protesting metal, the clamshell slowly opened again, forced apart by the superheroine trapped within it. The Fox looked a little worse for wear -- her brunette tresses were mussed, her sexy fuchsia costume wrinkled, one of her elbow-length gloves was hanging in tatters, grease stains and perspiration streaked her beautiful face and legs -- but she was still very much in the game. She stood up to full height, lithe arms and legs taut, shapely bust thrust out proudly as the spunky superlady held the two halves of the clawed hand at bay.

Lady Emerald breathed a sigh of relief. "How are we supposed to fight something like this?"

"We've got its attention at least," Moondancer said, trying to sound confident. "We'll find a way, because we're superheroines. It goes with the territory. That's the reason you wear a mask and tights, isn't it?"

"Well... actually I just thought I looked hot in them. You know, the aura of mystery and--"

With a frightful wrench, the Fox tore through the scoop that imprisoned her and broke free, leaving a tangled wreckage of shredded metal. "That's it!" Moondancer exulted. "I just saw a maintenance hatch under the armpit! That's our weak spot!"

Chapter 6 --

The Fuchsia Fox hovered above the crippled juggernaut out of reach, planning her next move. All at once she heard Lady Emerald's voice speaking softly -- or no, not her voice... it was more like she almost felt the other girl's presence coexisting with her own. She felt the soft smoothness of her pink body, smelled the rich fragrance of her auburn hair. For a second Jennifer was sure she felt the silky touch of green tights sheathing her classy legs. It was a very intimate, very disorienting experience...

"I'm sorry," though/said Lady Emerald's mind, carrying with it a subliminal flush of embarrassment as she drew back a tad. "I'm not used to doing telepathy with strangers... Anyway Pai-- I mean Moondancer has a plan..."

Understanding what she had to do, the fuchsia-clad superbabe swooped. The eye on the front of its head tracked her, the middle portion of the body rotating to bring the other arm in position to make a grab for her. The Fox executed a graceful jackknife in mid air, evading its grasp just as the scoop closed with a CLANG! on empty air. She dove again, teasing, buzzing the juggernaut's head tauntingly, daring it to catch her.

Moondancer and Lady Emerald stood at ground level unnoticed in between its two side legs, waiting for their opportunity. "Wait for it..." the honey blonde whispered, crouched in her thin golden minidress, "wait for it... Now!"

The auburn beauty in green tights planted her elegant spandex-clad legs, extending her right hand. The gemstone at her lovely throat glowed as she concentrated, levitating her friend upwards, past the bulge of the squat legs and level with the cavity in its side which had housed the folded arm. But now the arm was high above, reaching for the Fuchsia Fox like a wanton child after a pretty butterfly, leaving this area exposed. Into the gap Moondancer sprang like a cat, trusting her instincts to find handholds and footholds. Two quick slashes with her sword took care of the maintenance hatch and then she was inside.

Moondancer found herself in narrow corridor. The girl followed it, her sandaled feet moving swiftly and silently, until she blundered into an octagon-shaped room, seven sides lined with computer memory banks and bundles of thick, heavy cables from floor to ceiling. The eighth side was a translucent panel; probably another access hatch. The air felt stale and rather chilly, raising goosebumps up and down her mostly bare skin. Her gold minidress, with its brief skirt, barely there fabric and thin spaghetti straps, was not exactly designed for warmth, after all.

In the center of the room was a dias with a control panel, but no one was there. Just as Annabeth had said, the thing was just an automated machine! Without hesitation Moondancer plunged the blade of her sword into the panel. Sparks popped, causing the girl to jump back in alarm. Withdrawing the blade, she slashed at the memory banks one after the other. Red warning lights began to blink, klaxons sounded. Flames came out of the burning circuits. The heroine felt the machine begin to sway, but she went right on attacking every control system she could reach.

Suddenly the machine lurched violently to one side, as if it had tried to take a step on its broken foot. Unprepared for the abrupt movement, Moondancer lost her balance and blundered helplessly into a mass of dangling cables. Her sword was torn from her grasp and clattered on the floor. The next thing the girl knew, she was completely entangled, her arms pinned by the tension of her own weight on the cables, the thick insulated lines wrapping across her slender torso and entwining her smooth thighs. She was trapped!

"Oh no!" the heroine moaned, seeing her weapon lying out of reach. If she were out of contact with it for more than sixty seconds, Moondancer would begin to revert back to klutzy Paige Harlow, with none of her enhanced strength, agility or fighting instincts! As the air grew thick and hot with the smoke and flames from the burning computers, the desperate girl struggled to free herself. The juggernaut lurched again, heeling over further and further. Her sword rolled downhill across the floor... away from her! Moondancer squirmed hopelessly, the hard rubber cables rubbing insistantly against her soft nubile body with every move she made, but nevertheless holding her bound and helpless.

At last she managed to work her right arm loose! By some whim of fate, her sword slid back in her direction, butting against her sandaled foot. Still unable to reach down for it, the spunky heroine concentrated, hooked her polished toes underneath the weapon's center of balance, and kicked upward. Snatching at the hilt, the girl severed the cables holding her prisoner with one swift stroke. Then she pulled herself free, ripping her skirt in the process, and without another thought, she threw herself through the translucent panel.

Outside, the giant groping hand had finally caught the Fox, its clawed edges clamping her supple waist like a vise. As she struggled, the heroine felt the machine start to topple, smoke pouring out through various vents along its structure. The vise relaxed just enough for her to slip free as the juggernaut tipped over and went crashing to the ground like a felled tree!

The stunning superheroine alit on the sidewalk where Lady Emerald was telekinetically lowering Moondancer gently back to ground level. The auburn-tressed lass was livid. "What do you mean just jumping out the window a hundred feet above the ground?" she scolded. "You could have been killed! What if I hadn't been there to catch you?"

"But you WERE there to catch me," the blonde smiled, still breathing heavily from her close call. "Anyway I didn't have a lot of options." She shrank her sword back into a short rod and ruefully contemplated the vertical rip like a slit in the left side of her skirt, showing off a bit more thigh than she wanted, along with a glimpse of her gold silk underpants.

Now that the crisis was over, the police SWAT unit which had abandoned them earlier came hustling back. Emergency units were converging on them, closely followed by television news vans, racing one another to get the story.

"Is my mask on straight?" Lady Emerald asked, fluffing out her hair and twitching the bodice of her green-and-black spandex crop top into place. "I've been thinking about adding a cape. Wouldn't a cape look good with this outfit?"

Moondancer sighed. The Fox met her eyes and flashed her a grin.

"GET THOSE PEOPLE BACK!" suddenly blared a voice through a loudspeaker. "JERRY, KEEP THOSE CIVILIANS BEHIND THE PERIMETER!" The SWAT lieutenant they had spoken to earlier (whose name, curiously enough, was Tom Jones) leaned out the open door of his patrol car. "I've just been talking to Indian Springs Air Force Base. They have something BIG coming in on radar. It ain't over yet, people. It looks like it's just starting."

The three heroines looked at one another, and they were all thinking the same thing. Please let Supergirl or Wonder Woman get there soon...

That was when the sky overhead went dark. It was hard to tell just how big the thing was, because there was no way to tell what its final altitude was. But the shadow it cast covered at least a TWO MILES of the Las Vegas Strip. It was shaped like a starfish, with a thick ring around the perimeter. In the center was an inverted dome that tapered to a point. And at several places on the underside were protrusions that looked like massive weapon turrets. The superheroines looked up at it, hearts thumping, mouths gone dry with fear.

"I think I'd like to turn in my mask and my tights now, please," Lady Emerald said quietly.

At the central nexus of the battle cruiser was a vast control room with a transparent dome. A large holographic screen showed an aerial view of Las Vegas Boulevard and the wreckage of the juggernaut. Dumek, the commander of the ship, sat in a high, throne-like chair with control panels on either side, flanked by eight bodyguards from the Molesh race, ape-like humanoids covered in short white fur. "They destroyed the advance probe," Dumek sighed, shaking his big, pear-shaped head. "And yet you told me there was no one on this planet capable of opposing us."

Kaver, at one of the auxillary monitors, flashed him a sickly grin. "They got lucky," he shrugged. "Anyway, we have fifty-nine more on board, don't we? Plus 10,000 war robots."

"That's not the point," said Dumek petulantly. "This was supposed to be an easy victory. What is my report going to look like if I can't handle a planet of howling primitives?" His long scaly fingers began punching commands into one of his panels. "I'm targetting one of the phasoid cannons on that building next to those three females. Bury them in rubble and we won't have any more problems with them."

"Wait!" said Kaver. "I have studied Earth people for a long time. The key to defeating them is to thoroughly and completely demoralize them."

Dumek frowned. He turned in his seat toward the rear of the room, to look at the big upright ring which held Wonder Woman and Supergirl captive, frozen like statues by the stasis rays. "What do you have in mind?"

A gigantic hologram suddenly appeared in mid-air hovering over Las Vegas Boulevard. Kaver's face, a hundred feet across, looked down like a god at the three superheroines and at the surrounding policemen, paramedics and reporters. "People of Earth!" he said in a crystal-clear stereophonic voice. "Your planet is now the spoil of the Kaydian Empire. No resistance will be tolerated. It may be that you are counting on your precious superheroines saving the day. Be informed that your two mightiest are already our prisoners."

The angle of the image changed, showing the upright ring behind him, framing two gorgeous young women. The distinctive form-fitting costumes of Supergirl and Wonder Woman were instantly recognizable. They didn't appear to be restrained in any way except for amber-colored light beams striking the backs of their heads. They stood unresisting and compliantly at attention with their beautiful chests thrust out, trim legs straight, arms primly at their sides. But it was easy to see in the expressions on their faces -- strained, a little bit sulky, even a little frightened -- that both heroines were helpless to escape from whatever was holding them captive.

"It can't be," whispered Moondancer, her eyes wide with shock.

"So much for the cavalry," said Lady Emerald.

The Fox was silent, her head drooping in dismay. Wonder Woman and Supergirl helpless? Now what were they supposed to do?

"And now a further demonstration of our superiority," said Kaver's voice.

While the hologram held everyone's attention, a plasma missile shot out of one of the weapon turrets, arcing downward toward the street. The police scattered. Of the three superheroines, only Moondancer reacted quickly enough. With her almost supernatural agility, the blonde could have easily jumped out of the way, but instead she snapped out her rod and thrust it at Lady Emerald, catching the girl squarely on her gluteus maximus ("Eeek!") and pushing her out of the line of fire. A split second later the missile burst in a dazzlingly white nimbus of flame.

When the smoke cleared, the only thing left of Moondancer and the Fuchsia Fox were their two empty costumes -- a pale gold minidress and belt, leather gladiator sandals, armguards and a mask, lying limp and pathetic on the street next to a skimpy, reddish purple halter top with a fox-head emblem, briefs, ankle boots, gloves... and two gold bracelets of power, nothing but useless trinkets now without their beautiful young mistress to command them.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Fantastic chapter, Centurian. Great fight scenes against the robot by all three heroines. And 59 robots left? These girls were toast even before they were abducted nude. (I'm pretty sure they weren't vaporized. Perhaps they were made to disappear by David Copperfield-- yes, the actual one! :D )

Maybe I've gone senile but I didn't recognize my own idea! Which part was that?

Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

DrDominator9 wrote: Maybe I've gone senile but I didn't recognize my own idea! Which part was that?
I quote you: "Love the idea of an attack during the nuptials, as long as the marriage is legit by the end. Maybe under some makeshift shelter in the rubble with the minister saying "You may kiss the bride but you better make it quick 'cause we got incoming!" :D" -- Of course I put my own spin on it...
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Ahh, yes, now I recall. Nicely done. I'm off to up my meds now. And buy a huge-ass bottle of ginkgo. :yes:

flirty_but_nice
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I'm enjoying the story very much. I did think that SG and WW were captured a bit too easily, though, but that's no biggy.

Regarding the nuptials, I fear I must be in the minority about this. I have to admit that I was hoping that the interruption would have caused them to simply be incomplete, rather than the way you wrote it up with the minister quickly finishing them off. Somehow I just prefer the Fox being formally single. At the same time, however, with her being married, somehow it makes future sexual exploitation all the more devilish, though, so maybe it will work. ;)

Now Centurion, don't you think you've made us all wait long enough for the next chapter? Darlin, get on with it already. <tease>
xoxo
Jenn (aka Flirty)
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Your wish is my command...

Chapter 7 --

"This is Cher Hernandez, Channel 23 News live," said the perky female reporter. "It's a scene of devastation here on the Vegas Strip. If you've been watching you saw earlier how a group of three courageous superheroines -- we still do not have their names yet -- destroyed the alien machine that had been wreaking havoc on the city. Just moments ago the mother ship fired a death ray or a missile or something. I don't know if you can see..."

The view that was being transmitted from the camera panned away from her, wavered, and finally focused on the section of pavement where Moondancer's and the Fuchsia Fox's abandoned costumes lay, nothing but empty scraps of clingy cloth. Nearby was Lady Emerald, in her green-and-black crop top and tights, on her knees crying like a lost and frightened little girl, her dark reddish-brown hair drooping dispiritedly down her back.

"It looks like two of the heroines were completely obliterated by the attack," the reporter continued briskly. "We'll see if we can't talk with the remaining heroine. Miss? Can we have a word, miss? Can you tell us what--"

She broke off as a man wearing dark slacks and a sweat-stained white dress shirt deliberately blocked her path. "Leave her alone," Martin Fletcher ordered in a quiet but unmistakable tone of voice. He looked straight at the cameraman. "Turn that thing off unless you want it shoved down your throat."

As the reporters quickly moved back, Fletcher went over and knelt beside Lady Emerald, gently putting his arm around her slender shoulders. Tears were streaming unashamedly down the girl's face, her breath hitching as she tried to control her sobs. Martin carefully pulled off her mask, so he could wipe her tears with his handkerchief. She submissively allowed him to do whatever he wanted, as if she didn't have any fight left in her.

"I... I c-can't..." the heroine gasped, gratefully leaning against his broad chest for support.

"Listen to me," he said, stroking her hair. "I know it hurts, but we've got to be strong. We've got to focus."

The auburn-haired heroine looked up, eyes brimming with tears. "I d-didn't think..." she sniffed. "You've l-l-lost Jennifer too..."

Fletcher grimly fought down the panic and anguish that were battling in his mind. He and Jennifer had been through a lot in the past few years, but one thing he had learned was not to give up, to keep on struggling right to the bitter end. It was what she would do. "That's just it," he said softly. "Maybe we haven't lost them. I've never heard of anything that could vaporize a human body and leave the clothes intact. What if they were just taken aboard the flying saucer... I don't know... like the transporters on Star Trek?"

Lady Emerald blinked at him uncertainly. Then fresh sobs overwhelmed her. "You're just... just g-g-grasping at straws!" she wailed.

"Maybe," he said, forcing a smile. "But when you're in love with a superheroine, you do a lot of that."

"I still do not understand the point of this," said Dumek, on the command deck of the battle cruiser.

"It's very simple," Kaver replied patiently. "Now we sit back and relax and allow their news broadcasts to do our work for us. They have just witnessed those three impressive females take down the probe after a desperate, hard-fought battle. And then we came along and effortlessly annihilated them in one stroke... to all intents and purposes. They will spread these images all over the world, play them over and over until the whole Earth is terrified of us and ready to surrender."

"Yes, but--"

"And their clothing was left behind, which adds an extra touch of humiliation to their defeat. You will have to take my word for this. To the mind of an Earth man, there is something especially exciting and stimulating about a superheroine's costume. It is part of her identity. To have it removed, stripped from her is the ultimate in shame."

Dumek frowned dubiously as he swiveled his chair and looked back at Wonder Woman and Supergirl, captive in the stasis beams. "Of course anything that covers up their ugliness is an improvement. What are those two unsightly bumps protruding from the front of their thoraxes?"

"They are called breasts," said Kaver. "Only the females have them. Let me show you." Gliding smoothly over to the stasis ring, he walked around Wonder Woman and Supergirl, studying their lithe, graceful bodies from every angle. The heroines could only stand there powerless, unable to move anything but their frightened eyes as they wondered what the alien could be up to.

He chose Wonder Woman. Reaching down, he removed her golden girdle and dropped it to the floor along with her Magic Lasso. Then, without even a pause for her to prepare herself, he unfastened her bustier, sliding the zipper smoothly down her bare back.

"Nnuuhhh!" the helpless superheroine protested as Kaver snatched the flimsy garment away, leaving her two flawless melons bare and unprotected. All she could do was stand there, frozen like a mannequin, and be ogled. Great Hera! the Amazon thought as the hot rush of embarrassment rippled over her body and painted her cheeks crimson. I must try not to respond. I must not give him the satisfaction.

"What is their purpose?" Dumek asked, leaning closer in spite of himself and staring at Wonder Woman's two shapely globes with their hard, pink nipples. "Are they handles of some kind?"

Kaver rested his scaly hands on the Amazon's midriff and slid them upward along the feminine curve of her svelte torso. Diana squirmed inwardly as his clawlike fingers tickled the naked silken skin over her ribcage. He arrived at her breasts, both hands cupping the defenseless pair from underneath. Giving them a tight squeeze, he squashed her supple globes together, then rubbed the two of them, bouncing them roughly up and down. Wonder Woman sucked in her breath with a low hiss, her pale white flesh quivering with excitement under his unwanted masculine touch.

"They do not seem to be quite firm enough to use as handles," the alien said at length, stroking her hard, bullet-like nipples with the tips of his fingers. "But I must confess to a certain amount of... satisfaction in handling them."

"Really, Kaver," the commander said with a look of disgust. "You have been stranded on this planet too long. You've gone native, haven't you?"

Kaver shot him a reproachful look. "I am a scientist! But here is something else that may interest you."

Wonder Woman was beginning to feel like a prize heifer at a livestock show as the alien let go of her hooters and moved his attention downward over the curve of her alluring waist, caressing the firm roundness of her ass through the thin material of her star-spangled briefs. Her pulses quickened as he fingered the waistband of her pants, then suddenly yanked them down. Diana could feel the elastic fabric tickling the skin of her legs as it slid past her knees and caught on the tops of her boots, leaving her body feeling exposed and vulnerable. She closed her eyes, overwhelmed by the embarrassment of having her smoothly shaved female parts unexpectedly laid bare for the gawking pleasure of these alien males. Hera, Queen of the Gods! she silently begged, Give me strength!

Supergirl, standing less that three feet away but just as helpless, moaned in sympathy with her friend, unable to do anything but stand breathless with humiliation as she was ignominiously undressed like a life-sized Barbie doll. The pretty Kryptonian couldn't help wondering when it was going to be her turn.

"Down here is her sperm recepticle," Kaver said, as two clawed fingers spread Wonder Woman's soft, naked butt cheeks and slipped in between her creamy thighs, into her moist cooch. The Amazon bit back a gasp of astonishment, her eyelids fluttering with arousal as he fingered her. She let out a deep sigh, goosebumps popping out all over her magnificent body as Kaver continued: "Here the male of the species inserts his--"

"That's quite enough!" said Dumek, waving his hand and turning away. "I think I'm going to be ill already. What about the other two? Remind me again why we took them alive rather than kill them outright."

"One of them is the Fuchsia Fox," Kaver explained, pulling Wonder Woman's star-spangled pants back up with a little more force than was absolutely necessary, eliciting a strangled squeak from the Amazon. "She is half Zumerian. Alive we can use her as a hostage in case Ishtar tries to intervene."

The commander looked unconvinced. "Very well, bring them up here. And for Quellar's sake, put some clothing on them."

Jennifer and Paige woke up in semi-darkness, lying on their sides facing one another. The floor underneath them was a smooth, hard surface similar to metal but not quite. "Fox?" Paige asked, her voice quavering. "Where are we?"

"I don't know," Jennifer said. "I'll bet we're on that alien spaceship." The first thing she noticed was that the blonde girl was completely nude except for the gold circlet in her hair. The brunette flushed in sympathetic embarrassment, and that was how she noticed the second thing -- that SHE was naked, too!

The girls drew up their legs and sat up, instinctively edging closer to one another as they looked around at the circular room that didn't seem to have a door. No clothing, no weapons, no powers; how could they possibly protect themselves?

With a hiss, part of the wall slid back. Silhouetted in the doorway was a tall alien being with a pear shaped head and copper red eyes. Paige squeaked in alarm, since this was the first time she had been close to an alien. Jennifer on the other hand recognized Remis, whom the Fuchsia Fox had battled some time ago, along with Supergirl.

"Which one of you is the Fuchsia Fox?" the alien demanded. "Oh come now! All you Earthlings look alike to me."

"I am!" both girls said in unison.

Remis rolled his huge eyes. "Spare me your quaint attempt at heroic self-sacrifice! I suppose it doesn't really matter. Come along, both of you; they want you in the command center."

Chapter 8 --

Lady Emerald sat on the pavement in a lotus position -- her tights-clad legs crossed at the ankles, her slender torso upright and straight, hands resting on her knees. Her eyes were closed in deep concentration, the green gemstone on her throat glowing faintly.

"We need to get out of here, captain," said the SWAT lieutenant nervously.

"Shhh!" Martin Fletcher admonished him irritably. A jet fighter attack had already been launched on the alien ship from Nellis Air Force Base. They had seen and heard the distant explosions from here on the ground directly below, but as far as anyone could tell, no damage whatsoever had been done to the saucer. There was talk of them trying tactical nukes next, which was the reason the SWAT officer was so anxious to clear out, but at last word they were still waiting for Presidential authorization.

"I'm sorry," said Lady Emerald, coming out of her trance. "I'm not getting through. I told you -- my telepathic range isn't very far."

"Kenneth, do you have the crystal?" Fletcher said, holding out his hand.

Jennifer's father, who had come with Fletcher from the parking garage when they had seen the juggernaut go down, slowly reached into his pocket and drew out a clear, perfectly round crystal the size of a golf ball. "I don't know about this, Martin," he said uncertainly. "I tried to communicate with Ishtar earlier, but I couldn't reach her. She might be out of range. Or she might just not want to talk to me."

"That's not what I have in mind." Fletcher knelt beside Lady Emerald and gently placed the crystal into her hands. Immediately a white spark appeared in the heart of the Zumerian communication device, pulsating like a heart as it grew brighter and brighter. Martin and Kenneth frowned. It had never done anything like this the times they had used it.

Lady Emerald's eyes widened with amazement. She could feel the heat of the crystal in her hand like something alive, flashing, oscillating in perfect harmony with the beat of her own pulse. The green gemstone at her slender throat glowed brighter, throbbing to the exact same rhythm. She had found her emerald inside a geode while on a hike in Arizona, and discovered that it somehow amplified her latent psychic abilities. THIS crystal, on the other hand... with this, what couldn't she do?

The elevator carried Jennifer and Paige upward through the spaceship. Remis had given them shapeless white tunics to wear that tied in front like bathrobes and barely covered their naked snatches by an inch or two, so that the girls kept nervously tugging the skirts down. The loose sleeves were somewhat longer; their hands were almost lost in them. And the alien fabric itself felt weird against their smooth bare skin, tickling in unexpected places. Remis, in his voluminous gray robe, kept them covered with a wicked-looking pistol, sneering down at them from his seven foot height.

They all stepped out of the elevator into the middle of the vast, domed command center. The empty elevator car slid back into the floor and disappeared. Remis left them to join Kaver, whom Jennifer also recognized from her earlier encounter. His place guarding them was immediately taken by four ape-like humanoids with short white fur. There was something utterly savage in the hungry way they ogled Paige's and Jennifer's bare legs and inadequately covered tails, licking their lips and grinning, that made the girls' skin crawl with apprehension.

"I am told that one of you is a Zumerian," said a third alien sitting in a tall, throne-like command chair, "with a name like the Bushless Box or some other silly thing. Which one of you is it?"

Jennifer and Paige huddled close, putting their arms around one another in solidarity, but didn't say a word. The slight bravado they had felt earlier, when it was only Remis, was gone. Here in this enormous control chamber, dominated by the three tall aliens and their obviously superior technology, not to mention the animalistic guards that had been set to watch them, they felt cowed. In the background they saw Supergirl and Wonder Woman, held prisoner inside the upright ring that seemed to paralyze them and prevent them from moving. The Amazon's girdle and bustier and had been removed, leaving her breasts exposed. Their predicament seemed so completely hopeless. What could two helpless girls possibly do?

"Answer when you are spoken to!" Dumek demanded impatiently. "The Zumerian will be given guest quarters, albeit as a prisoner, and held as an assurance of Ishtar's non-interference. And once our position on Earth is unassailable, she will be bundled off back home to Zumeria with a firm pat on the bottom and a swift kick in the rear."

"What happens to the other one?" Paige asked, her voice trembling.

"The other one?" the alien smirked. "The other one will be given to my Molesh bodyguards to play with and enjoy. They are mammals, and will know what to do with her." The ape-like humanoids grunted in chorus, hopping up and down excitedly at the prospect of getting their hands on a pretty female body.

"If you do not answer me immediately," Dumek promised, "I will give BOTH of you to the Molesh! Now which one is it?"

Jennifer looked at Paige. Both of them had brown eyes, both were about the same height and figure type. Only their hair color was different. But how could she identify herself now, knowing the horrible fate that would fall to Paige?

"Are you really going to do this?" the alien said impatiently. "Very well. I presume you have friends and loved ones in that city below us. Computer, adjust the main phasoid cannon to neutron bursts and target the area directly below the ship. Seventy per cent dispersion. I want everything dead within a five mile radius."

Jennifer almost cried out in alarm. Wouldn't Martin have taken daddy out of the area by now? No, she realized. She had told them to sit tight! They would be waiting for her in that parking garage, less than a quarter mile from ground zero! Her heart was pounding. What should she do? It was one thing to threaten her, but her father...! Her sister Ashley, Martin, her best friends Liz and Sharon... she couldn't face losing them, to say nothing of all those innocent people!

"It's her!" said Paige suddenly. "She's the Zumerian!"

Jennifer blinked as she realized what the blonde girl was doing. Seeing Jennifer hesitate, she was sacrificing herself for her friend Annabeth. She couldn't let her do that. "No I'm not! SHE is!"

"No I'm not!" shrieked Paige, flapping her sleeves to free her hands as she launched herself at the brunette girl, grabbing at the loose fabric of her tunic. "Tell the truth, bitch! You're the Zumerian!" She winked. Go with it, she mouthed, jerking her head slightly toward the guards, especially at the weapons carried on their belts.

Jennifer caught on right away. If the guards were distracted by a cat fight, they might be able to "accidentally" get close enough to grab a weapon from one of them. "You are!" she screamed, throwing herself at Paige. Her hands got all tangled up in her sleeves and about all she could do with them was flail uselessly. The blonde got a good grip on the fabric of her lapels and tugged, pulling her off-balance, their smooth, lean legs stumbling together as their soft bodies collided.

"YOU are!" Paige nearly did a split as her knee betrayed her. Catching herself with the collar of Jennifer's tunic, she hauled herself up, yanking the loose garment open and letting the brunette's bare breasts pop briefly and tantalizingly into view.

"YOU ARE!" Jennifer wrapped her arms around the blonde's waist as both girls pitched sideways, rolling across the floor in a sensuous intertwining of feminine bodies. The four Molesh bodyguards grinned with delight as they formed a ring, watching the two barely clad females have at one another, hair flying, pulling at one another's clothes. Unfortunately they weren't falling for the ruse; they were watchfully keeping their distance.

Dumek slowly raised one hand to massage a vein throbbing on his forehead. "SILENCE! Fine, if that's the way you want it. Computer, lock on target and fire."

Jennifer and Paige froze, hearts leaping into their throats. They had to do something...

"Unable to comply with command," said a synthetic voice from the console. "Detecting circuit continuity fault in control conduit A573."

"Re-route to conduit A574!"

"Unable to comply with command. Detecting circuit continuity fault in--"

"What?" said Remis, looking alarmed. "Show me the control schematics of the command bridge!"

A hologram appeared in mid-air, showing a complex diagram of the whole command deck, the control leads and power conduits shown in green. Red dots began appearing, indicating faults in the wiring. Dot by dot until there were dozens of them, some small, some major. Hardly any systems were unaffected. "This is impossible!" Dumek blurted, frantically pushing buttons on his control panels, which did nothing. "How can this be?"

"You did this!" Remis said, whirling to face Supergirl.

"How could she?" Kaver said dismissively. "She's paralyzed! Helpless!"

"Her skeletal muscles are paralyzed, you ninny, but not her eyes! She stepped up her x-ray vision to gamma ray level, and she's been burning holes in the power relays all this time!"

The beautiful young Kryptonian's lips slowly and painfully curled into a smile. It had taken a great deal of her concentration, not to mention giving her one heck of a headache, but she hoped it was worth it.

"The power feeds to the stasis beams are still intact, thank Quellar!" Dumek said with some relief. "Activate the repair robots. We'll re-route around the damaged circuits manually. No real harm has been done." Smugly he turned back to face Jennifer and Paige, who stood huddled together, trembling with fright. "So you see Supergirl's brilliant stratagem was for nothing. We'll still be able to conquer this miserable little mud ball and enslave its people. And there's not a thing you pathetic little Earth girls can do to stop us. Least of all the Luscious Lox, or whatever your name is."

"You are so, SO wrong about that," said Jennifer, standing up and planting her long, bare legs defiantly. "Supergirl's brilliant stratagem distracted you long enough for me to get a little help from a friend of mine." As the aliens watched spellbound, she peeled back the little white tunic she was wearing, let it slide off her shoulders and drop to the floor. Underneath it she was wearing a two piece, reddish purple halter top and briefs, elbow length gloves and ankle boots... and yes, two gold Zumerian power bracelets!

She continued, "And the name is the Fuchsia Fox!"

(One final chapter to go... look for it Monday.)
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Chapter 9 --

Lady Emerald came out of her trance more slowly this time, with a smile on her face. "It worked," she sighed, feeling as if she had just had an orgasm. As she opened her green eyes, the glow in her emerald gemstone faded. The pulsating light of the crystal in her hand gradually diminished to nothing.

"It worked?" said Martin.

The auburn-tressed girl gave a serene nod. "I was able to make contact with both of them. They're frightened, but they're fine. And thanks to the psychic boost I got from this crystal, I was able to act as a telepathic bridge and enable Jennifer to summon her costume to her."

Martin's and Kenneth's eyes automatically rose upward toward the underside of the alien saucer. The SWAT lieutenant's gaze followed them automatically, totally bewildered. "It's all up to her now," whispered Martin.

The four Molesh bodyguards immediately jumped the Fuchsia Fox from behind, swarming her... their hairy, ape-like hands grabbing her smooth arms and legs, capturing her flawless body, impertinently fondling her two firm nubbins. Paige lunged at the nearest one, wrapping her slim arms around its thick, muscular neck and kicking at it with all her feminine strength, not that the creature noticed. Without the power of Moondancer, she was just an ordinary girl.

The Fox's scrumptious body unwound like a coiled spring, tossing her four attackers off of her. Paige hit the deck as the fuchsia-clad superheroine lashed out with one leg, kicking, spinning, bringing her slender arm around for a back hand blow, eluding a charge by one and returning with an uppercut that sent him flying. The bodyguards went down just that fast. In hardly no time, the Fox was brushing off her hands and cocking her shapely little tail in victory.

"Oh congratulations," Dumek laughed, drawing a laser pistol from under his robe, his other four bodyguards fanning out to either side of him. "Do you wish to surrender now? You're only outnumbered about 10,000 or so to one."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," the Fox scowled. This monster thought he was so superior! He had threatened the lives of her father and all the people she loved in order to capture her, for no other reason than to use her against her mother. Anger burned in her mind as she felt power welling up inside her bracelet. She felt reckless. Without even taking aim, she swung her right arm over their heads and pointed it at the stasis ring. A tiny blue bead of light had appeared along the edge of her bracelet, spinning around and around. Suddenly it formed a pencil-thin disintegration ray that shot out and carved a perfectly straight line through the upper arch of the ring. Like a hot laser through butter, it met no resistance whatsoever, searing the very air molecules in its passage. The amber stasis beams winked out as the ring melted and collapsed to the floor.

Supergirl and Wonder Woman both let out soft groans of pleasure. "Oooh that's MUCH better," the Amazon sighed. Like a pair of Sleeping Beauties, they flexed their beautiful arms and legs, stretching their sleek, supple bodies as if they had just awakened from a long nap.

"Oh FRAK!" said Kaver, frantically digging his own pistol out of his robe and taking aim at Wonder Woman before she could recover.

The lovely Amazon quickly dropped to one gorgeous knee as his first shot zipped over her head, simultaneously snatching up her golden girdle and slipping it around her lissome waist. In the same fluid movement she brought up her unbreakable amazonium bracelet to deflect his second shot. "Too slow, little man," she smirked.

Kaver and Remis both opened fire, Wonder Woman fending off both attacks effortlessly, while glancing back with concern over her smooth bare shoulder. "Are you all right, Supergirl?"

"I'm okay," the Kryptonian lass replied with a wan smile. Bracing herself, the Girl of Steel took a half step to her right and began to spin like a top, sun-yellow hair and cape swirling out behind her, red miniskirt rising up in a circle around her creamy thighs. Her flawless body became a slender spindle, rotating faster and faster until she was nothing but a red-and-blue blur, tunneling down through the floor and disappearing into the decks below. The floor trembled as a gout of yellow flames poured up the opening. Deep rumbling sounds followed as Supergirl penetrated deck after deck.

Dumek panicked. "Computer!" he screeched. "Get us the fralnick out of here!"

"Unable to comply with command," the synthetic voice replied. "Hyperspace drive is off line. Main anti-matter power plant is off line..." From below came the dull sounds of explosions, rocking the very fabric of the mighty ship.

Cylindrical elevator cars began popping up out of the floor, each one carrying two or three of those faceless soldier androids. The Fox charged, grimly knocking them over like bowling pins, smashing through them one by one as she made her way toward the command chair where Dumek stood struggling to regroup. Each one she hit was like hitting a punching bag, provoking her further, inciting her, fueling her anger until it felt like a storm. How dare he threaten the people she loved -- her father, her friends, Martin? The blue bead raced around and around the leading edge of her bracelet like an energetic puppy, ready and eager to be used again. The very air around her felt hot.

The other four Molesh bodyguards tried to intercept her, but the Fox in this mood was not to be stopped. The stunning superlady fought her way through the ape-like beings almost without realizing it, striding through the carnage like an automaton, her brown eyes fixed on the pear-shaped head and copper red eyes of the alien commander.

Dumek saw her coming. When nothing else stood between them, he aimed his laser pistol and fired. The shot ricocheted harmlessly from her force shield. Before he could fire again, his throne-like command chair was ripped from its moorings and raised into the air, spilling him to the floor. It was Wonder Woman, converging from the other direction, knocking aside androids and tearing apart control consoles as she came, having left Kaver and Remis tied up securely with her Magic Lasso. She stood over him like a raging fury, holding the chair over her head with both arms, her two spectacular breasts jutting forward free and unrestrained since there had been no time to recover her bustier. Clearly she had not forgotten the humiliation they had subjected her to while she had been helpless.

Sprawled on the floor, trapped between the Scylla of Wonder Woman and the Charybdis of the Fuchsia Fox, the alien threw away his laser and raised his hands. "I surrender! I surrender! Wonder Woman, under the provision of Article Four of the Shedu Proclamation, I place myself in your custody until such time as--"

He broke off because the Fuchsia Fox was standing not five feet away from him, her outstretched right arm pointing right between his eyes. The little blue bead on the leading edge of her bracelet, the disintegration bead, was going round and round and round. He couldn't take his eyes off of it... "Wonder Woman? PLEASE!"

Jennifer couldn't even hear him. All she could feel was the rage, churning inside her like a hurricane. She wanted to punish him, to let go of the blue bead, watch it rip him apart, reduce him to his component atoms. Her anger was building in intensity, like an orgasm begging for release. But deep inside she knew that if she were to let it go in this state of mind, the hate would consume her and everything around her. Desperately she struggled to rein it in...

"Fuchsia Fox?" Wonder Woman said gently. "Can you hear me? It's over. Put it back in its box."

Jennifer struggled to answer. "I don't..." She licked her lips. "Diana, I don't know if I can..."

She felt the Amazon's hand gently touch her bare shoulder, not trying to restrain her, just touching. "Listen to me, Fox. Listen to my voice. You are a heroine. You feel anger, but anger does not rule you. You wield power, but power alone is not what you are. You fight evil, but you never become evil to do so."

At the soothing sound of her voice, all of Jennifer's rage seemed to dribble away. What was she thinking? It didn't matter what the alien had done, it wasn't her place to punish him. Her place was simply to stop him. Her slender arm dropped to her side, the blue bead fading away as if it had never been. She was surprised to find tears in her eyes. "Thank you, Wonder Woman. I think you just saved my life."

"I did nothing," said the Amazon, smiling. "You knew it in your heart. I merely let you listen to yourself."

"Fox! You did it!" cried Paige, running up to her and hugging her. "I can't believe we won!" The blonde turned to Wonder woman a little shyly, handing over her red bustier. "Um... I think this is yours. Do you need help with it?"

"Thank you. I can manage," the Amazon said. Deftly she slipped the garment around her magnificent torso and zipped it back in place. Her blue eyes were drawn to the gold circlet in Paige's hair. "That diadem," she asked curiously. "Where did you get it?"

"I... er, inherited it from my grandmother, Agatha. She said it's been passed down among the women in my family for generations. Along with a special walking stick..."

Wonder Woman's eyes widened. "The Rod of Atalanta?" she said breathlessly. "It was lost by the Amazons centuries ago!"

"Er... well..." Paige said, wide-eyed. "My grandmother always told me that we were descended from a group of female warriors who settled in America. I always thought it was just a story..."

"The lost colony of Atalanta, the priestess of Artemis," said the Amazon, pulling the girl into her arms for a huge hug. "You are doubly well met, sister."

A section of floor suddenly buckled, crumpling up to either side as Supergirl erupted from below. "All done up here?" the Girl of Steel said, alighting as gently as a bird, her short skirt fluttering around her lovely waist. "I suggest we beat feet. I angled the ship so that it's going to crash in the desert away from any populated area, but we wouldn't want to be on board when it does."

The celebrations went on long into the night. In fact, it being Vegas, it can be safely said that they went on more or less around the clock for the next few days. A big section of the Strip had been torn up, and many people were in the hospital, but on the whole it could have been a lot worse. Supergirl and Wonder Woman were the Heroines of the Hour, appearing on the news in a short taped interview which was replayed many times that night.

"A lot of the credit," Supergirl said at one point, "should go to the Fuchsia Fox, Lady Emerald, and Moondancer. If it hadn't been for them, we wouldn't have been able to do a thing." Wonder Woman, at her side, solemnly agreed, adding that "they are true warriors." The interviewer had then replayed earlier footage of the three younger heroines on the boulevard, and their battle with the advance probe. But strangely enough, no one knew where the trio had gone. All three of them seemed, with admirable modesty, to have vanished directly after their incredible victory, never to be seen again.

One group in Vegas had something even more important than victory to celebrate. Annabeth, Paige, and Kenneth had been witnesses to the big finish of Jennifer's and Martin's nuptuals, and were called upon to describe it in excruciating detail for Ashley and Rick, Liz, Sharon, and Oscar (leaving out the part where the bride transformed into the Fuchsia Fox, of course). There wasn't a big wedding cake, but all through dinner, Jennifer and Martin fed each other from one another's forks as an enduring symbol (so Sharon said) "of how nauseatingly mushy newlyweds can be".

After the toasts were drunk, after the speeches both ribald and serious, and after a few dances, the happy couple announced that they were "sleepy" (air quotes included). Jennifer apologized for not having a bouquet to toss, since it had gotten mashed by the Amazing Flying Eldorado. (Annabeth leaned over to Paige and joked that she should throw the Best Man instead, and whoever could catch him got to keep him. Paige retorted that it sounded fine with her, but using telekinesis was unfair. "Spoil sport," Annabeth grumbled.) Whereupon the group began pelting the couple with dinner rolls, chasing them all the way to their room and pointedly hanging a "Do Not Disturb" sign on their door.

At this point, Mr. Traylor said good night, leaving the young people to continue dancing and partying in the hotel lounge until the wee small hours. The others scarcely seemed to notice when Paige and Annabeth ducked out early, sitting alone at one of the booths -- or if they did notice, they put it down to the lateness of the hour.

The honey blonde turned away from the big screen television over the bar, which was showing that interview again for the umpteenth time, thoughtfully tapping her mahogany walking stick as she marveled at the fact that she, Paige Harlow, was now on a first name basis with Wonder Woman... that is -- Diana of Themyscira! I mean, WOW! It boggled the mind!

She looked across the table at Annabeth. The auburn lass was watching the footage as it played again. Out the corner of her eye, Paige saw that it had come back around to the point where they had taken down the probe, the very point where she, Paige, had leaped out through the access panel into empty space, trusting in her friend to catch her. It was understandably one of the most emotionally charged moments in the whole adventure for her, and it moved her to see that Annabeth was affected so much by it as well.

"Can't get over it, eh?" the blonde said, gently tapping her walking stick. "Are you thinking about how we just saved the world, and we can't tell anybody?"

"Huh? No, not really," the redhead replied, blushing. "I was just thinking..." She looked surreptitiously both ways to make sure no one was listening. She leaned forward intimately. "I still think a cape would look really HOT with my outfit. What do you think?"

>>>THE END
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Excellent as always, Centurian. Very entertaining, and I liked that SG and WW got a chance to join the fight.

I also look forward to reading how you handle the tensions and bliss of the newlyweds in the heat of perilous adventures to come.

Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I hope I can live up to your confidence in me. I've got an Ishtar solo story that I wrote for Flirty; I'll probably post the first installment of that Friday. After that, as I mentioned before, I'm afraid I'm probably going to be too busy over the summer to do much writing.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Centurion wrote:I hope I can live up to your confidence in me.
Me sure you can. You good. :thumbup:
Centurion wrote:After that, as I mentioned before, I'm afraid I'm probably going to be too busy over the summer to do much writing.
Now me sad! :weep: