Clarification on SHG

General discussions about superheroines!
Rye
Producer
Producer

I am sure at the appropriate time they will announce on their site their future plans. Until then...

- SHG has not received a take down notice from anyone.
- There is no producer at arms with another producer

Several months ago SHG decided they wanted to strengthen their terms of service. Producers that worked very closely with SHG knew that changes were coming. These changes were more than just character themes, but also included the types of content. As someone who has been in the genera for quite some time I completely understand and support their position.

Yes I did state a while back that I was working on a new website but I still 100% intend to do business with SHG in addition to having my own space. A place of my own is long overdue and this will be the first real site I've had since the original PH. (No ETA on the new site, but I'm working on it)

As for their wondergirlz site, both Kacey and the creators felt that the theme of the site had become repetitive and they have decided to go a different direction. They are pursuing something new with her that will be out in a couple months.
Last edited by Rye 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Thanks for the clarification, Rye. I think for every fan/customer of your films and every producer of this genre..its a huge sigh of relief. I just hope to see those superiorgirl films posted up again in the future.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
decker2020
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Rye,

Do you have anything in the works or has production come to a halt?
Rye
Producer
Producer

I have a lot on my editing plate atm.
I'm currently working on Agent Walker part 2, Un-Enthusiastic Participation 2, The Chronicles of Zed, and several others including a new Skyfire film.
rizoboy
Henchman
Henchman

Rye, what a huge sigh of relief! Ok, my question is for people like me who have not purchased Films like Phantasms, will we still be able to as it has been taken down.

I also noticed all the "DC" or Marvel related characters have been taken down from the purchase page on TBFE. Hence the wonder if this is indeed a copyright issue.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what's going on Rye. Much appreciated buddy.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Wait, what is going on?
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

rizoboy wrote:Rye, what a huge sigh of relief! Ok, my question is for people like me who have not purchased Films like Phantasms, will we still be able to as it has been taken down.

I also noticed all the "DC" or Marvel related characters have been taken down from the purchase page on TBFE. Hence the wonder if this is indeed a copyright issue.

Well, Rye did say that it wasn't a copyright issue and that SHG was changing their terms of services
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

Rye wrote:I am sure at the appropriate time they will announce on their site their future plans. Until then...

- SHG has not received a take down notice from anyone.
- There is no producer at arms with another producer

Several months ago SHG decided they wanted to strengthen their terms of service. Producers that worked very closely with SHG knew that changes were coming. These changes were more than just character themes, but also included the types of content. As someone who has been in the genera for quite some time I completely understand and support their position.
Big picture, this is a relief. I think a lot of the confusion was caused because people figured SHG wouldn't engage in self-harm, but that somebody outside must be attempting to harm them. There might be good reason for what SHG has done here(I have to assume there is). However, if I'm one of those producers effected...I'm looking to find somewhere else to sell my videos at. I mean I'd be doing it IMMEDIATELY. A lot of the newest and most popular videos on the site have been taken down, and some of the producers, especially those who don't currently have other means of distribution must be losing out on significant income right now. Also this might effect future releases as well...so still not good.
rizoboy
Henchman
Henchman

jimbobklyn5 wrote:
rizoboy wrote:Rye, what a huge sigh of relief! Ok, my question is for people like me who have not purchased Films like Phantasms, will we still be able to as it has been taken down.

Well, Rye did say that it wasn't a copyright issue and that SHG was changing their terms of services
Yes but the videos were also pulled from the TBFE site. And Lee Carl I believe mentioned something about this being serious. Not sure what's going on yet.
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

rizoboy wrote:
jimbobklyn5 wrote:

Yes but the videos were also pulled from the TBFE site. And Lee Carl I believe mentioned something about this being serious. Not sure what's going on yet.
Again,,its all on SHG--rye clarified what was the reason..."Several months ago SHG decided they wanted to strengthen their terms of service. Producers that worked very closely with SHG knew that changes were coming. These changes were more than just character themes, but also included the types of content. As someone who has been in the genera for quite some time I completely understand and support their position."

They probably just want to move from the DC/Marvel Character parodies and other forms of content. he also..didn't say that he was going to stop making DC/marvel parody films either...
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

This is still a strange episode that needs to be played out with more questions than answers
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Thank you for the clarification. This is a relief.
Ben R
Neophyte
Neophyte

I loved Kacey as Supergirl in Super Nightmare III and I would love to see more of her in that costume. Perhaps that is something that could be added to the superheroine site once it is launched. It is something that I would definitely be interested in or at least another video of her as Supergirl, hopefully with Kryptonite next time.
Thank you.
decker2020
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Ben R wrote:I loved Kacey as Supergirl in Super Nightmare III and I would love to see more of her in that costume. Perhaps that is something that could be added to the superheroine site once it is launched. It is something that I would definitely be interested in or at least another video of her as Supergirl, hopefully with Kryptonite next time.
Thank you.
Agreed! Do you think she would be into some more groping / somewhat more sexual humiliation?
LordSnot
Henchman
Henchman

Where can we still buy Kacey as Supergirl in Super Nightmare III?
Ben R
Neophyte
Neophyte

It was available on the shg-media.com website, but it is not currently available.
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

Ben R wrote:It was available on the shg-media.com website, but it is not currently available.
Indeed...Therein lies the problem. There are, I don't even know how many, great vids that are not available on shg-media.com anymore. Many that are in fact not available ANYWHERE. :sad:
kishinfoulux
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

So any chance any of these videos get made available elsewhere or through other means? I totally forgot about this and went to buy something and wasn't able to because it's not there anymore. :-/
azhar167
Neophyte
Neophyte

kishinfoulux wrote:So any chance any of these videos get made available elsewhere or through other means? I totally forgot about this and went to buy something and wasn't able to because it's not there anymore. :-/
Count me in too.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

yeah, I was looking for Gigi in Enthusiastic Participation and now it is gone!
sam
Sargeant
Sargeant

Another poster on this forum posted this I believe, so credit goes to him/her:

http://clips4sale.com/studio/11990
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

1. Many thanks Sam

2. Jebbus fcukity fuck beans currency fluctuations kicked my arse on this one!

3. erm, so #firstworldproblems, I guess