New Supergirl series, Melissa Benoist

General discussions about superheroines!
redmanx
Henchman
Henchman

I just watched the pilot episode and its excellent! Melissa Benoist makes a lovely, sexy SG and her costume is sexy too, without showing loads of flesh. Even though its a family TV type show the fighting is very well done, and Mz Benoist does very well. I look forwards to the rest of the series and many more, though knowing how in the past US TV producers have dropped popular shows like Covert Affairs, Angel and most famously, Star Wars, I'll be saving each episode aired, just in case!
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

The first half was everything I was hoping it would be. When she rescued the airliner, I nearly jumped out of my chair cheering her on, and I don't usually get emotionally involved in television characters. The second half... well I'm not crazy about the idea of a secret government agency with kryptonite bullets and handcuffs. And the idea that a whole prison full of superhumanly strong Kryptonian criminals could crash land on Earth and the governement keeps it a secret is ludicrous. And I personally don't like the idea that everyone she fights will be as strong as she is.

But I got the distinct impression that whoever wrote it had done her research and tried to give us what we want, within the confines of television that is. Just look at the things we got in this episode -- the sexy early versions of the costume, the capture, the light bondage, the villain mopping up the floor with her, the begging for mercy. My past experience tells me that all this was just to get us hooked and there'll be a sudden fall off of this kind of thing, but we can always hope.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

There's already an Sg thread in the lounge guys can we add comments to that one.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

tallyho wrote:There's already an Sg thread in the lounge guys can we add comments to that one.
I knew about the other thread, since I had been following it for weeks. I just didn't want Redmanx to think we were ignoring him. :) Are you going to merge the threads or... oh well what the heck. I'll just post again over there.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Not sure if I have merging powers. I can move threads but this one is in the right place to begin with. I shall ask he-who-must-be-obeyed.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

Image Image Image Image Image
Her outfit Looks GOOD TOO! There's a great Facebook page with behind the scenes photos too!
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Please post in the other thread until they are merged