Tiger (Suea) Weretigress series from Thailand

General discussions about superheroines!
shevek
Producer
Producer

So, I'm sure there are some people here who are familiar with Southeast Asian superheroine/fantasy TV series, like the famous Filipino heroine Darna.
The beautiful Angel Locsin, who played one of the newest Darnas, also more recently acted in the Lobo series ("She Wolf: The Last Sentinel) as a werewolf and the Imortal series as a vampire. So the Filipino side of things is well known.

But apparently there are also programs like this made in Thailand as well. I stumbled across an entertaining 12-episode series called "Tiger (Suea)" which stars the incredibly gorgeous Taya Rogers as the titular weretigress.
https://www.sharerice.com/images/thumb/ ... one-hd.jpg

Sure, the program has lots of expositional backstory, romantic filler and minor comedic sides (it seems to work off the template of CW shows), but the scenes involving were-transformation are usually pretty lengthy and sensual. If that kind of stuff is your bag you might watch to watch it here for free starting with episode 1. Note there's some buffering and some interim ads, but I still got through several episodes fairly quickly.

http://www.thailakornvideos.com/tiger-suea-ep-1-1-2/
shevek
Producer
Producer

Oh, and there's an Asian wikipedia page for the series that pretty much explains things:
https://www.sharerice.com/index.php/Seua

Anyone know any other live-action programs like this from the Far East?
Brad
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I've been trying to get ahold of episodes of Krystala and Super B (and probably others) for a while now. Probably is more, but that's what comes to mind at the moment. Not sure if this is similar to the program described above.
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Krystala episodes were (most of them) on youtube, with the cut title ('Tala' or something like that).
Super B is not a tv serie but a demential movie (have that one). Really bad imho - lead actress is hot though.

shevek
Producer
Producer

Well this Tiger thing is more on the CWish drama side of things rather than the superheroine action-camp of a Krystala/Super B etc. But both are fine. I'm just looking for new approaches from new areas...Southeast Asia, India, China etc. Mix it up a bit y'know. Europe too if there's anything with superheroines, peril or transformation in it. Like the Mega Mindy episode where she fights Mega Volta.
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The one thing I really liked with it, not so much for the Tiger show, but in kind of thinking ahead? But it shows a way that a Cheetah character could be used in the Wonder Woman movies without putting her in some campy style costume.