Superman's Message For Mr Trump

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Real simple.

Lecture all Americans about tolerance = Lecture all Syrians about terrorism. You wouldn't do the later so don't do the former.

Only punish the people who do bad not everyone in a group Or WHAT THE FUCK is the point of lecturing about not stereotyping Syrians if you're just stereotyping everyone else.
Ninja J.
Henchman
Henchman

Me (an American) lecturing Americans about tolerance in America =/= Me (an American who knows nothing about Syrian culture or politics) lecturing Syrians about terrorism in Syria.

And since when is spreading a message of tolerance and equality a punishment or even a lecture for that matter?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ninja J. wrote:Me (an American) lecturing Americans about tolerance in America =/= Me (an American who knows nothing about Syrian culture or politics) lecturing Syrians about terrorism in Syria.

And since when is spreading a message of tolerance and equality a punishment or even a lecture for that matter?
Please please please stop hiding behind an altruistic excuse.

Should we lecture women not to kill their children... just in case?
Should we lecture blacks on not stealing... just in case?

Or would those be condescending?

The intentions are irrelevant. Its what you do.

Ok so should we lecture Syrians to be more tolerant? Or would that be a condescending thing to Syrians assuming they all need a lecture?

It is condescending to assume Americans NEED some lecture on tolerance. BTW try that next time you go to work. Tell all the ladies in your office places "don't murder your children" and then say "But I'm just trying to stop child murders".

Yeah its called using an altruistic cause to lecture people who have not done something wrong.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

This isn't a new thing though. there were actually the exact same sentiments about jewish people during the holocaust. America wanted to bring them in and many of a certain political party fought against it saying they would corrupt our economy, and make our economic standing unbalanced. it happened again after the war when certain dislocated peoples who fled the soviet union during Germans attack of their lands they wanted to not go back and they wanted asylum in the United States and the soviet union demanded they be forced back and Eleanor Roosevelt stoiodup to them the united nations and fought them and won! Americans however didn't want them coming because a certain political party started spreading rumors that they would rape our women, and corrupt our moral standing.... this shit isn't new and a study on history is a good way of seeing how that worked out and how it will work out again.
killorson
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Todays leftist Democrats and college students need to learn that lesson far more than Donald Trump. They judge everyone by skin color, race, and sex. If you are white, male, and Christian, you are 'privileged,' an 'oppressor,' automatically 'racist,' hated and blamed for everything regardless of what you have done as an individual, and have a government legally discriminating against you in hiring decisions and college applications in order to achieve outcomes elitist lefties desire. I don't think the Democratic party stands for anything except hatred of white men. If you are in any other category, regardless of who you are as an individual, the left considers you a victim who cannot compete, needs pity, and needs government handholding. SJW and feminist lefties narcissistically consider themselves champions of these groups and disgustingly consider the groups as faceless monoliths, incapable of individual thought. They also infantilize them, refusing to blame (often even talk about) any instances in which a member of their victim groups engages in criminal actions. The hateful racism and sexism of the left is painfully obvious whenever one searches through their publications and social 'science' courses for the terms 'white,' 'male,' 'masculinity,' and 'Christian.' Their racism and sexism is also on display whenever they discuss a woman or someone who is black but does not hold the political views they approve of. They still are in favor of segregation (now called safe spaces). They reject MLK's dream of a world in which we judge individuals by content of character. They are authoritarians, who do not support the 1st, 2nd, and 10th amendments and who wish to censor art and punish speech and thoughts that challenge their worldviews. And FDR interred the Japanese and denied people entry into this country based on nationality in a way much larger and worse than Trump's proposal. Woodrow Wilson was a huge racist. The Democrats were the party of segregation, the KKK, and the party that voted against Eisenhower (R) and Johnson's (D) Civil Rights Acts. Don't hold historical Dems up as champions of human rights. They fail even worse than current Dems or the imagined Repubs that people who get their news from Comedy Central and Salon think exist.
Bert

I don't really want to perpetuate a thread that has gone so off the rails, but wow killorson. All that rage in defense of poor, beleaguered white Christian males. If your views are at all representative of the current American Republican, the U.S. (and by extension the rest of the world) is in bigger trouble than I thought.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Stepping away from politics for a moment ... (Kittens are not concerned with the petty affairs of humans)

Does anyone else see humor in the life imitating art between Trump's run for president and Lex Luthors run?

He may not make a great president, but he makes for a great arch villain with an agenda against heroines...

Sowwy Kittens are easily amused, go back to your political chit chat and dont mind me.
Bert

Brilliant post! Love it!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

That's why I called him a Bond Villain

Egomaniac- check
Billionaire - check
Wants to be most powerful man in the world - check
White cat in his lap- odd creature living on his head meh, close enough.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Regardless if Democrats supported Nazis or created Jim Crow or republicans blocked immigrants or are war mongers the fact is you don't blame a whole group. Lecturing EVERYONE is ignorant in 3 ways.

1. The truly bigoted are not going to say "OY! I was going to be a bigot today but that lecture sure set me straight"
2. Its condescending to the group involved which is usually the real motive behind general blaming. Like calling everyone in a certain party "racist" over and over till the word is worn out.
3. Its arrogant of the lecturer who clearly is not perfect and cannot stand on Mt. Olympus judging everyone else.

Would it be insulting to lecture all Syrians about "not being terrorists"? YES, it would be condescending as hell. So don't do it to Americans and specifically to people on this board. Its a "do something" fallacy akin to punishing all the kids in a classroom for one rotten kid. Its ineffective.

Ok board members.... don't be pedophiles. Pedophilia is bad. Just saying... you know... cause altruistic cause.

Don't like being being told not to be a pedophile? Don't like the assumption you are one? Condescending isn't it.

Nobody will win relentlessly calling someone a racist or a bigot.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Serious observation.

Okay, for those of you following current events, and know a bit about history, think about it...

Do you see a concerning parallel between Trump and Hitler?
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

so.......bare legs or pantyhose?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I don't think Palin backed Hitler did she? ;)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

May we keep politics off this site.
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

tallyho wrote:I don't think Palin backed Hitler did she? ;)

Don't know, but I heard she likes mustache rides :D
Bert

Re: Palin - The stupid, leading the blind to support the buffoonish. The most amazing thing about it? It's really happening.
Last edited by Bert 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Bert wrote:Re: Palin - The stupid, leading the blind to support the buffoonish. The most amazing about it? It's really happening.
Now that was very intelligent Bert. Glad to have your opinion straight from your heart.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I was hoping this thread had died.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Elections coming up. Bash a woman.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

As an Alaskan, I would like to apologize to the entire nation. I promise, we didn't know how whacka-do she was till she ran for vice President (honestly, WE barely noticed her before that).

On a more selfish note, I'm glad she's spending more time down there in the lower 48 with you all and less time up here with us.
1XFIB
Neophyte
Neophyte

DrDominator9 wrote:
1XFIB wrote:Asshole.. don't bring up politics here. Thank you.
A bit late for that, don't you think, rookie? :hmmm:
True...

My apologies.. I was in a rather bad mood at the time..

At the time, I thought that anything political on this forum would be the last thing I'd ever see.. Lets just be friends with each other.. and post some awesome videos & pics of superheroines and costumed babes being humiliated!

That's what I want!

Cheers!