Chat bar is missing?

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hello all
Its been flagged up to me that the chat bar is missing, I can't see it either so I assume its a universal problem that you are all getting. I have pm'd MH but he isn't on line at the moment so please sit tight until its found again and he works his magic.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
T.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

As you were chaps its back now, (For me anyway)

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
FallOutDweller
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Location: Mostly United Kinkydoms of Netherlands and Damnmarks

Thank you for a job well done !
Semi-Pro Devil's Advocate and Lawyer of Lost Pants & Causes / Spare Time Frame Caption Hunter.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

its there for me. Do you have Java enabled?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Its resolved now Mr X but thanks for taking the time to contribute. Seemed to only last a few hours or so

sharon-in-peril
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

No chat bar here i'm afraid :-(
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

OH DEAR! Anyone else? I can see it ok

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

MightyHypnotic wrote:Awww it misses you too...
I'm fine - I got to keep the dog and the holiday villa in Tuscany, (plus Chat has come crawling back to me)

But can you offer any practical advice for Sharon-in-peril (and anyone else) who hasn't got it visible?
(And make it quick, as she is apparently in peril!)

FallOutDweller
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sharon-in-Peril is in actual Peril ? That sounds a little redundant. Can we just say she is in a funny disposition ?
Semi-Pro Devil's Advocate and Lawyer of Lost Pants & Causes / Spare Time Frame Caption Hunter.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

It should be back for everyone. If someone doesn't see it, try refreshing your browser. If that STILL doesn't work, post up here...
sharon-in-peril
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

chat still not working for me here - tried on 2 different web browsers :-(
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Have you tried turning it off and then on again? Thats the only bit of tech advice I know ;)

In that case it might be an idea to pm MH with the details of what you are doing/using (make/model of pc etc,) when you first had the problem and anything else that might be useful for him to try and work out why its happened.

Again has ANYONE ELSE STILL GOT THIS ISSUE?

(Thats not me 'shouting', just emphasising)

FallOutDweller
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Could you please try to 'emphasising' again Sir, this time making radio noises since we assume you are an aviator of some classic british fashion ?
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's gone AWOL again.

I've got this at the bottom of the screen instead:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'There are no registered paths for namespace "senky_ajaxbase" in "overall_footer.html" at line 41.' in /home/superfor/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:182 Stack trace: #0 /home/superfor/public_html/forum/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(107): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('@senky_ajaxbase...') #1 /home/superfor/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('@senky_ajaxbase...') #2 /home/superfor/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(266): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('@senky_ajaxbase...') #3 /home/superfor/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(324): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('@senky_ajaxbase...', NULL) #4 /home/superfor/public_html/forum/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(166): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('@senky_ajaxbase...', NULL) #5 /home/superfor/public_html/forum/cache/twig/0/d/0d9ab9c2b in /home/superfor/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 182
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I don't have that message, but it is 'in absentia' for me too. I shall mention it the one and only MH

EDIT : I CAN SEE THE MESSAGE, HADN'T SCROLLED DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM

frightiningcow
Henchman
Henchman

I've had no bar for a few weeks nowhas well
admin

Are people still getting errors?
frightiningcow
Henchman
Henchman

Probably not a new problem, I haven't had the chat since end of February. I assumed it had been removed or was being rebuilt till I came across this thread.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's fine now, thanks.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
admin

frightiningcow wrote:Probably not a new problem, I haven't had the chat since end of February. I assumed it had been removed or was being rebuilt till I came across this thread.
Are you using Mobile or Desktop?
frightiningcow
Henchman
Henchman

[quote="admin"][quote="frightiningcow"]Probably not a new problem, I haven't had the chat since end of February. I assumed it had been removed or was being rebuilt till I came across this thread.[/quote]

Are you using Mobile or Desktop?[/quote]

been on both this month, currently desktop, Windows 10 with chrome
admin

Hmmm I will check into it...
frightiningcow
Henchman
Henchman

Thanks guys, don't worry to much about it I'm patient.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Its been gone for me for a while too.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
admin

sgz6 wrote:Its been gone for me for a while too.
Which theme are you using?
frightiningcow
Henchman
Henchman

[quote="admin"][quote="sgz6"]Its been gone for me for a while too.[/quote] Which theme are you using?[/quote]

Prosilver
frightiningcow
Henchman
Henchman

just tried default, chats back.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yep back for me too now.

drvoodoo
Sargeant
Sargeant

its disappeared for me too
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I found the culprit. When the forum upgraded, the PROSILVER theme did not retain the code to show the chat bar. I replaced that code and now you all should see it. Let me know if there are still any issues.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

It takes me a couple of times of logging in to see the chat bar now. I log in, and then on the general index page I see a yellow triangle asking me to log in. Sometimes I even have to try to type in something in a Quick Reply box in any thread for it to recognize me as logged in. Pretty frustrating, I have to say.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

DrDominator9 wrote:It takes me a couple of times of logging in to see the chat bar now. I log in, and then on the general index page I see a yellow triangle asking me to log in. Sometimes I even have to try to type in something in a Quick Reply box in any thread for it to recognize me as logged in. Pretty frustrating, I have to say.
Actually I think I know what might be causing that, I will try a fix.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

MightyHypnotic wrote:Well, I found the culprit. When the forum upgraded, the PROSILVER theme did not retain the code to show the chat bar. I replaced that code and now you all should see it. Let me know if there are still any issues.
That probably was it because I can see it now MH, thanks for the fix
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?