Supergirl Kickstarter has gone live!

General discussions about superheroines!
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Sorry if I blew up. its just been very frustrating because a producer who does quiet well told me that I was a fool to even try this because all any of the producers are seeing is how much grief Im gaining by this and its solidifying their opinion that the community is just a bunch of nitpickers who want everything or are not satisfied. and when i argued that they would be happy to get a low priced film he laughed and told me i didn't know this community at all. and it kills me that he's right.

I can't tell you how many messages i got saying they wouldn't fund the film if it didn't have one thing or the other. I understand that while everyone may have a super heroine fetsih almost everyone has a secondary fetish thats linked
(pantyhose, de-booting, humiliation, cunt busting, etc)
but it seems most are so blinded by their overwhelming need to have 100% of everything they fancy that the idea that funding a new trend that will eventually get them everything they want for the same $5 is lost on them.

And it irks me more than anything that this certain producer was dead right and I, in wanting to make something for people to enjoy without paying $1.50 per minute, seem to just be left looking a fool.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

You're not a fool. You're a visionary. It's just that the two are often mistaken. I have to say I feel for you, KofG. And excuse my poor attempt at humor. Just trying to lighten your load a bit.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
admin

I'm curious why you didn't promote this on your twitter? At least, the one that is listed with this forum?
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

admin wrote:I'm curious why you didn't promote this on your twitter? At least, the one that is listed with this forum?
I didn't post this on twitter because I wanted to keep it inside this community. the majority of my twitter are models and producers. i use twitter mostly to hire models and interact with them. I did mention it on Facebook, and Evangeline's group on Facebook. and i have posted in a few places asking them to join this forum to interact with everyone else so we can have only one main hub where this was discussed and planned out.

I was kinda thinking ahead.

imagine telling people in other forums and in other places we are doing this without people being able to read a thread where the major plots are discussed and announced. that was this thread was originally supposed to be about.

before it turned into what it is now.

and to be blunt about it.
this forum is the largest, most popular, most used and seen.
posting a thread here and making it about this community seemed like a natural choice since this is where the majority of everyone goes.

sure there are other forums, and other websites but there is no-where near enough action in those places.

so it made sense to make the one place where everyone discusses this here.

spreading the action among several forums and websites was asking for a giant nightmare.
imagine someone reading on twitter about it and going the kickstarter page and trying to figure out whats going on and what the deal is withy the details. they would be lost/.

having the main discussion sphere allows me to keep the kickstarter kink free, because as you know there are people out there that would love to tear you down just because they don't like you.
putting myself in too much jeopardy on the kickstarter page would be begging the trolls to ruin it for everyone
Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

That that would be a much better way and I don't think waiting is an issue for most people.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Dragon1 wrote:That that would be a much better way and I don't think waiting is an issue for most people.
That would probably be for the best.
I think Im going to finish writing the script as it stands now and we can try this again after the first successful campaign for $250

I have models coming that I will not have access to later so I'm going to shoot their scenes first even though the campaign isn't done only because I can make it work my way for a scene or two.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Well.... the campaign ends in 30 hours. a valiant effort was made but unfortunately greed over came need and everyones lip service desire for a new costume that was well over budget has pretty much ruined this.

The plan now?
Im just going to make my own movie, change super girl to Batgirl using the new Black Latex costume.

I like the story so Im still going to film it, but the only difference is that instead of getting a 30-90 minute film with 5 models for $5 you're going to have to pay the usual $1 a minute price and have zero say what happens, what wardrobe, what props, etc.

It's no skin off my nose as I get to make more money this way and get to put more money back into the company.
It does, however, sucks for those who bitch and moan about what producers charge for their movies.
Make no mistake.
Producers have seen whats happened here. We all talk by the way. And the worst part of all of this is the heavy ridicule Ive been getting because I actually stood up and said this would work and would change the industry.
Welp... now that i have been successfully been proved wrong you can expect to continue seeing the prices stay firmly set.

I think what Im going to do is just continue using the kickstarter to fund costume projects that are on the back burner for me.
Meaning costumes Im in no rush to throw money into, or costumes that are last on the list of costumes Im going to buy.

At the moment there are 12 costumes we want to fund.
some are better than others and we list them by how important they will be for us

(the bombshell batgirl is at the top of the list, the grey and black spandex costume is at the bottom)
so I would be kickstarting the grey and black one while I personally fund the Bombshell batgirl.

This will allow people to fund specific costumes that they like while i continue doing what i love doing.

Maybe the timing wasn't right, maybe you guys needed a wakeupcall, maybe its never meant to be.
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:Well.... the campaign ends in 30 hours. a valiant effort was made but unfortunately greed over came need and everyones lip service desire for a new costume that was well over budget has pretty much ruined this.

The plan now?
Im just going to make my own movie, change super girl to Batgirl using the new Black Latex costume.

I like the story so Im still going to film it, but the only difference is that instead of getting a 30-90 minute film with 5 models for $5 you're going to have to pay the usual $1 a minute price and have zero say what happens, what wardrobe, what props, etc.

It's no skin off my nose as I get to make more money this way and get to put more money back into the company.
It does, however, sucks for those who bitch and moan about what producers charge for their movies.
Make no mistake.
Producers have seen whats happened here. We all talk by the way. And the worst part of all of this is the heavy ridicule Ive been getting because I actually stood up and said this would work and would change the industry.
Welp... now that i have been successfully been proved wrong you can expect to continue seeing the prices stay firmly set.

I think what Im going to do is just continue using the kickstarter to fund costume projects that are on the back burner for me.
Meaning costumes Im in no rush to throw money into, or costumes that are last on the list of costumes Im going to buy.

At the moment there are 12 costumes we want to fund.
some are better than others and we list them by how important they will be for us

(the bombshell batgirl is at the top of the list, the grey and black spandex costume is at the bottom)
so I would be kickstarting the grey and black one while I personally fund the Bombshell batgirl.

This will allow people to fund specific costumes that they like while i continue doing what i love doing.

Maybe the timing wasn't right, maybe you guys needed a wakeupcall, maybe its never meant to be.
What a shame..very sorry this Supergirl project didn't work out..I'll be messaging you privately on this..because if I post up my observations and opinions here on this post...I'll probably get hammered for it. But again, glad your gonna do a batgirl film..but its a shame that the Supergirl project isn't moving forward.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

jimbobklyn5 wrote: What a shame..very sorry this Supergirl project didn't work out..I'll be messaging you privately on this..because if I post up my observations and opinions here on this post...I'll probably get hammered for it. But again, glad your gonna do a batgirl film..but its a shame that the Supergirl project isn't moving forward.
Meh. It is what it is.
My original goal was to make something affordable. I wanted it to get traction and to show producers there is a way to make money while still keeping the price down.

The original goal was that when producers saw the support granted they would change to include their visions and eventually everyone would win.

I wanted to Start with batgirl, but people wanted Supergirl so i went with that even though I wanted Batgirl.

Then they wanted a different suit.

then they wanted the most expensive suit and swore to pledge.
then they all forgot their promises.

I went this route so i could not be accused of failure because i didn't listen to the masses.

I listened to the masses and they left me stranded out on a window ledge.

So this time Im going to do it my way building it around separate costumes and if they want to contribute they can and if they don't and it fails I don't care.
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:
jimbobklyn5 wrote: What a shame..very sorry this Supergirl project didn't work out..I'll be messaging you privately on this..because if I post up my observations and opinions here on this post...I'll probably get hammered for it. But again, glad your gonna do a batgirl film..but its a shame that the Supergirl project isn't moving forward.
Meh. It is what it is.
My original goal was to make something affordable. I wanted it to get traction and to show producers there is a way to make money while still keeping the price down.

The original goal was that when producers saw the support granted they would change to include their visions and eventually everyone would win.

I wanted to Start with batgirl, but people wanted Supergirl so i went with that even though I wanted Batgirl.

Then they wanted a different suit.

then they wanted the most expensive suit and swore to pledge.
then they all forgot their promises.

I went this route so i could not be accused of failure because i didn't listen to the masses.

I listened to the masses and they left me stranded out on a window ledge.

So this time Im going to do it my way building it around separate costumes and if they want to contribute they can and if they don't and it fails I don't care.
I know the feeling, man :confused:
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema