New Gallery!

Info regarding this website!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey all!

I've added a new gallery to the forum!

http://www.superheroineforum.com/gallery

As of right now, the forum and the gallery is not linked and it will probably be quite some time until it is. To be honest I have some other projects I am working on and won't have time to code a bridge between the 2. So for now, if you want to become an active member of the gallery, you will have to create a user account. This won't stop you from viewing the gallery, however.

Over time I will be adding some enhancements to the gallery to make it even better! (Although it's pretty cool as is right now.)

Producers, feel free to put up links to your trailers there. You can submit pics and media.

Any questions, let me know!
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Are we allowed to post sexually explicit pictures to the gallery?
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Cool! Before I start posting things to it what is the intention? What kind of pictures are you HOPING to have posted there?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its just like the gallery we had before. Whatever people want to post. It will just grow organically, I imagine :)
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I think it's pretty good as it is.

Have sneaked in a couple of images.

Will probably add a couple more if I get the chance
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

I haven't gotten around to posting anything yet. I was wondering, is there a way to post things and tie them together, like if I posted a whole comic at once?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just turned on multiple uploads but I am not sure that they could be tied together as in like a blog...but I will check into it.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

It's no big deal if you can't make it work, just thought it would be nice to post a couple of my comics. I can try and make a couple of one panel ones at one point...
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Use the Tags To tie together?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

lionbadger wrote:Use the Tags To tie together?
That's not a bad idea.

I am going to get rid of that watermark too...
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Think I might have just uploaded the same thing 3 times, sorry, slow day, didn't realise there was an approval process in place, thought I'd forgotten to tick something

apols
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm going to change that approval check. I enabled multiple uploads and a few other things and that option must have also been included.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Hey, I tried setting up an account but its not sending me the confirmation e-mail. Any idea what to do?
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

I did, nadda, nothing there. I double checked I used the right e-mail and even clicked to resend it a couple of times.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try it again. I deleted your username and made a change to our outgoing mail. Gmail servers are really strict regarding the emails they receive.

I am in the process of changing my IP address since I believe it's being flagged by gmail. (3 years ago the server was hacked and sending out a lot of spam email. We fixed the issues and submitted to all the blacklists and whitelists but apparently Gmail never forgave us :) )
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

I tried again, still no luck. And I have an outlook e-mail, not Gmail. Not sure if that matters.

It's no big deal, I can always post pictures directly to the forum.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Morning, I uploaded a quick photomanip on Friday and it's not appearing yet. When you get a chance MH can you have a look at the pendings?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I approved it and see if you can have the system resend a confirmation email address to you. I got it working and if you verify your email address, you won't have to worry about moderated posts, you can just post at will.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think I fixed the email issue. Please try again and resend your password. You should get that email now.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

It's nice to have a gallery again, but I really miss the album-based format of the old one. Browsing a picture feed is fun enough, unless you want to go back and locate something you've seen before. Then you have to hunt through the entire feed again.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Is there a block on comments for the Gallery, I put a link on my concept image but it hasn't appeared
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

cdrei wrote:It's nice to have a gallery again, but I really miss the album-based format of the old one. Browsing a picture feed is fun enough, unless you want to go back and locate something you've seen before. Then you have to hunt through the entire feed again.
You can add pictures to your Favorites using the :love: symbol. Then access them from the Menu in the top-left corner.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

lionbadger wrote:Is there a block on comments for the Gallery, I put a link on my concept image but it hasn't appeared

I will check it.