DARK MATTER Sci-Fi TV

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I've just started watching this, on the recommendation of several friends, and it's fun.

DARK MATTER is a sci fi show airing on the SyFy network. Six people wake up from cryo-sleep on a starship, and none of them have any memory of what happened, why they are there, or who they used to be. But they all seem to have skills: one guy is a martial artist, one is a techie, one know how to fly the ship, and so on. For the time being, they name themselves One through Six.

As the show goes on, each character learns more about who they used to be, and has to decide whether to reject their past or embrace it. Sometimes it's hard to do the right thing. Sometimes it's hard just to survive.

The showrunner is a Stargate alumnus, and it shows in the quality of the show. The sets and effects and fight scenes are decent, if not spectacular, and the scripts and cast are solid. The show unfolds nicely as it goes along, introducing fun new concepts and fleshing out the characters.

Overall, it's a fun show that manages to be dark, without being completely heartless. The characters are likeable and fun to watch. It's a good show to spend some time with. I'm watching it on Netflix in the US.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Thanks for the heads up, sounds interesting.
Any babes?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Two babes and a long-suffering android.

Full cast:

Android, Two (sexy ass-kicking ship's captain), and Five (PK Tech Girl):
patmac4
Henchman
Henchman

Brillient tv show