New demo reel - Flying Superheroes Visual Effects

General discussions about superheroines!
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Took out some shots, put in a few new ones....

https://vimeo.com/165803235

As always, please contact me if you see something you like and would like to discuss doing visuals for your video.

http://www.flyingsuperheroes.com
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Looks fine, but the track is not doing you any favors. Sound is half the picture as they say.

I recommend checking out some of these. Or do your own searches too.

audio jungle stock music - action track search

audiojungle has very reasonalbe (read cheap) stock music that you can legally use. You can also download watermarked versions for free to test against your video, then you just buy the one you want to use.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe cut some of the glowing eyes shots and intersperse the best remaining ones with other effects. I know it's your signature effect, but it kind of makes the showreel repetitive when you have so many consecutive glowing eyes shots.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Thank you very much for the feedback, guys! It is very helpful and constructive criticism.

Heroine Addict - you are absolutely right! Glowing eyes were the first effects shots I did, but the reel was bloated by using too many of those shots. Thank you for helping me realize that. I've knocked it down to just the newest and (I think) best glowing eye scenes, and they are all in the middle of the reel.

theScribbler - the idea of just having a short reel without any audio at all didn't appeal to me in the beginning, so I added a piece of music I like.....however I didn't know it was turning people off. The last thing I want to do is have someone stop watching the reel because they don't like the music I used. I've lowered the audio levels so it isn't so distracting, but maybe I'll remove it entirely.

I'll be making one or two more changes to the reel tomorrow, and adding a new Wonder Woman sequence.
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If you like the music, you should keep it. For me it's lo-fi synths sounding, and I can hear the compression, like a mp3 at a very low bitrate. Totally up to you. I think a better sounding track (which you could find at audiojungle that I linked to) would enhance the experience for viewers watching your showreel, but that's just me.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Thank you, theScribbler!

That explanation for why the audio sounded bad made sense to me, and I think some time ago I did use a crappy compressor software to get that audio. (Obviously I'm better at visual effects than audio)

I saved out the video file again with higher-bit rate audio. Sounds much better to me, hopefully it does to everyone else too.

rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

So I just saw the Wonder Woman movie trailer a week ago. Yeah, yeah, it's probably been out for months....but I still only saw it a week ago. Anyway, there is a short sequence with her throwing around her magic lasso - and it was glowing and I said "hey, I can do that!"

I added a short sequence from a project I worked on last year and added a glow to the lasso, and made it the cover image for the reel.

Probably makes no difference, I know I'm mainly doing these shots for myself nowadays. Still, I hope some of you out there can appreciate it.

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is the project from last year something unreleased from MH? I don't recall seeing that lasso shot of Jayden as Princess Paradise before.

AFAIK, the other shot of Jayden being zapped (which you also adapt for the vampire ashes effect) was from the last PP video released.

Just curious about this other video. The last Jayden shoot posted on the forum was the Blue Angel video, co-starring Angela Sommers as Omega Woman. Also unreleased.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

I just wanted to add that Rklein did a lot of special effects for my videos, especially the Star Trek inspired ones you saw in the demo that will be released for UltraHeroix.com very soon and I was very satisfied. He was very professional, easy to communicate with and he did the job pretty quick. His rates are also very reasonable for what I wanted.
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Heroine Addict:

The shot I used with the magic lasso was from "Princess Paradise vs. Naughty Nurse", which was a Superheroine Underworld release from HW.

Dajinx1: Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it very much