Supergirl and Wonder Woman RP...

General discussions about superheroines!
Rye
Producer
Producer

Some of you may already be aware of Second Life, but for those that are not Second Life has a rich Role Play community. Here are a few clips from some recent adventures I helped create.

https://vimeo.com/190425133/91ee7ebcc5

https://vimeo.com/189894131/6efe3e8013

https://vimeo.com/189895069/fe59cf4026
Elimael
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Excellent videos ! It make me miss my rp in Second Life ! :) Great job Rye!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Cool work Rye. How easy or hard is that to do with Second Life? (I ask as someone who's never used Second Life.)
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Rye
Producer
Producer

Thanks guys!

Scribbler-
It wasn't hard at all. My wife controlled Superiorgirl and I controlled the Demon and I used Fraps to capture the screen, but Im sure a variety of other screen capturing programs would work just fine.

The part of Second Life that requires some time and patience is creating your character and getting them setup the way you want. There are literally millions and millions of options and customizations you can make from the clothes, skin, hair etc etc. And then you have the way they stand, walk, etc. I spent way more time making my Demon than I did making the clips.
BIG_MAMA
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I have been a member of second life for a while. But don't really use it that much. Where would you say is the best location to find other role players? I have thus far been unsuccessful in finding others. Is there a particular destination that I should go to?
bgrhugs
Sargeant
Sargeant

BIG_MAMA wrote:I have been a member of second life for a while. But don't really use it that much. Where would you say is the best location to find other role players? I have thus far been unsuccessful in finding others. Is there a particular destination that I should go to?

go to mean streets....a superheroine/hero sim
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I've tried Second Life several times. But it's SOOOO complicated. Feel like it will take me months just to get the hang of it, so I always give up for lack of patience. :-P
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Is it possible to do an entire movie made up of a scene from SL RP?
Rye
Producer
Producer

frankzito-
Ya that would be pretty easy.

TIEnTEEZ-
Once you get the right body/skin and learn how to dress your avatar, the rest is cake.

And yes Mean Streets is a good place for SHIP rp.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Rye wrote: TIEnTEEZ-
Once you get the right body/skin and learn how to dress your avatar, the rest is cake.
That may be true, but getting there is a daunting task.
Rye
Producer
Producer

Carly and I are working on a "How to" video which will essentially get you a fully done up mesh avatar with nice clothes, hair, makeup etc in less than an hour.

I'll post it as soon as its done.
shvillian12
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Super cool Rye, i might have to give this a try
LadySapphire

Whoa supercool! Might try it out. Where does one get there hands on this second life game?
Foolish Mortal
Henchman
Henchman

You can download it at www.secondlife.com. After I saw Rye's post I gave it a try. Its a lot of fun.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Rye wrote:Carly and I are working on a "How to" video which will essentially get you a fully done up mesh avatar with nice clothes, hair, makeup etc in less than an hour.

I'll post it as soon as its done.
Please do. That would be helpful. :)
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Just tossing this out there for others who might be new to RP's within a 3D environment....but www.imvu.com is another place you can do Superheroine RP's. The Pro to IMVU is that it is a point and click world. It's not 'opened world' like SL. You have rooms and locations...and instead of walking/running from point A to point B....you simply point and click. It's a good place to start if you're not experienced in a 3D chat scenario. Much like SL, you go thru the full process of creating an avatar for yourself.

The biggest 'Con' I could give IMVU is that their not as adult themed like SL. Oh it's there...but just not as accepted as it is on SL. You can join that adult community to have a naked version of your avatar.....but naked is about as far as IMVU wants you to go. Sex is pretty much a no no......though again, it's on there.....you just don't want to go around announcing it or a room you were in that had it.
wondergirlsupragirl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thanks for the heads up Rye! This looks wild, your created superheroine clips rock with brilliant camera views! Second Life is great fun! Ye Ha!

:thumbup:
bgrhugs
Sargeant
Sargeant

by any chance ? i saw this video of supergirl that you have or use i should say or are friends with.. from those vimeo videos.. i saw a video a while back with her dancing.. just curious if that is still up some where..?..