Logan

General discussions about superheroines!
Bert

Logan's site closed forever at the end of August after a barrage of countdown messaging. How many times now has it closed forever? And yeah, don't bother checking - it's still open. The Nightshadow multi-million dollar motion picture that started shooting last summer after the successful Kickstarter campaign and un-named but impressive list of big money backers? The website is still "Coming soon".

Why post this? A producer in our genre is a proven liar, many times over. People have the right to make informed decisions about whatever he comes up with next.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm still getting e-mails from him on a semi-weekly basis. Each one claiming to be the last, absolutely final one, for real this time. :-P
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

We all know how Pinocchio operates, I don't see much value in going over this again fellas.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

I thought it was another thread on the movie of the same title :giggle:

Agree, it's useless to talk about the other, really ...
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Why post this? A former producer is a ghost, many times over.

Maybe wait until the dead horse gets up and someone with a saddle makes travel plans before you pick up the brickbat again.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I actually bought the hard drive of all his movies and picture sets and it's very good. The Moonstar character was my favorite and the Tiffany Chase stuff alone was worth it for me. Like him or hate him, he did some really good work.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Avenger: I agree with your last statement. I too admire some of his work but not him.

In full disclosure, I am more of a Lindsay Lamb guy. I hope she reappears.
Zee
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Well Bert, I have to agree that your comments are very appropriate. This has become most embarrassing.
For anyone complaining about receiving emails, do what I did, unsubscribe
shevek
Producer
Producer

He did a lot of good work. He also bamboozled a lot of people. There was an incredible amount of hotness. The good, the bad, and the sexy.
I never had a problem with him, though. We made some deals on costumes, and he came through on them with flying colors. However, his current level of e-mail bombardment is pretty nuts, though. Best to just ignore it.

To be frank, his work (along with many others on here, never you fret!) was one of the things that inspired me to throw my own hat in the ring (albeit PG-13). The combat and storyline videos he did, at least, are definitely something one could show a prospective actress, and she will usually say, 'Hey, that looks fun, and that outfit is cute - sure, I'm down for doing that.' Recruitment video is worth a thousand words!

Tamonicus - Ultimate Superheroines (Hidden Vault Entertainment) did one video recently with Lindsay Lamb and Britney Ortiz. It was very combat-oriented in the Logan-esque vein. I'm surprised more people aren't hiring the actresses that appeared in Logan's vids (other than Cherie, of course, who's on a whole different level) - they were mostly really good at what they did. Tatiana Dekhtyar, for example - she should be in a major motion picture as the new Red Sonja or something. Tiffany Chase, by the way, seems to have retired from the SHIP game recently, or so I've been informed.
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Their works are stale, the fight scenes are extremely slow and boring, their stories are always cringeworthy. I do not enjoy his works at all and regretted spending on his stuff. Other than the hot lead actresses, there is nothing left. If you think the combat is good, you ought to watch more decent fight scenes to educate yourself. They manage to make simple fight unbearable to watch. Those actors obviously know how to fight, but they looked much worse in the films.
Bert

Zee wrote:
6 years ago
Well Bert, I have to agree that your comments are very appropriate. This has become most embarrassing.
For anyone complaining about receiving emails, do what I did, unsubscribe
I did - long ago. Then I mysteriously started getting them again when the latest (and increasingly inaccurate) closing forever sale hit.
Bert

shevek wrote:
6 years ago
He did a lot of good work
He did a lot of work. A small amount of it was good. The vast majority of it was cookie cutter, mass produced, fetish checklist ticking and boring. His legacy to the genre is mixed - he brought some amazing actresses into the fold, but he also introduced the production line approach. Pumping out videos like widgets may have made money and provided Logan the opportunity to gain skills and experience, but he never viewed customers as anything but ATMs. That transactional approach may justify all the lying about closing out sales, new startups, major motion pictures and all in Logan's mind - it's just business - but people don't like being deceived.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I personally think these Logan threads are counterproductive. For every person who vows never to purchase from him again, there could be others who say "Ooh, I can still buy Heroine Legends videos!"

You're inadvertently doing his advertising for him. He keeps on sending those emails because they must generate a certain amount of revenue. Bringing the messages from those emails to a wider audience does him a huge favor.

While we all know that the "last chance" claims are utter bullshit, the point that Logan getting across is that he's still around and his videos can still be bought at a discounted price. And it must work, to some extent, as he keeps doing the same thing.

Unless he comes back here in person or via another "Dragon Lady" proxy, let's just let him fade into obscurity.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Bert wrote:
6 years ago
but he never viewed customers as anything but ATMs
I have a shocking news for you :D all the producers in the whole world are into this for the $. Some of them might personally enjoy doing these movies, but their main target is anyway to earn some (or -hopefully- a lot of) bucks. Who would release quality videos (=losing time and money) for free, just to please 'you' ? :shifty:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
6 years ago
I personally think these Logan threads are counterproductive. For every person who vows never to purchase from him again, there could be others who say "Ooh, I can still buy Heroine Legends videos!"

You're inadvertently doing his advertising for him. He keeps on sending those emails because they must generate a certain amount of revenue. Bringing the messages from those emails to a wider audience does him a huge favor.

While we all know that the "last chance" claims are utter bullshit, the point that Logan getting across is that he's still around and his videos can still be bought at a discounted price. And it must work, to some extent, as he keeps doing the same thing.

Unless he comes back here in person or via another "Dragon Lady" proxy, let's just let him fade into obscurity.
I agree. This is like negative advertisement. Don't feed it.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Why do we keep bringing this up?