Poison Ivy (DC 2015-16)

shevek
Producer
Producer

new Poison Ivy "Cycle of Life and Death" miniseries (3 issues are out so far, out of 6. the trade collection doesn't come out until Sept) is hella sexy.
Pamela gets a second chance to work at a scientist job, but things go awry. She has to solve a murder that isn't her doing, but she also does some killing herself (of the politically correct kind: animal abuser, sexual harasser, etc.). Might want to wait for the collection, but I've read this online already.
The art is beautiful..and there are nice guest appearances by her buddies Harley and Selina. Again, this is written by Amy Chu and drawn by a guy (Clay Mann) so that's how things work nowadays.

and then some people said some things:

Postby TIEnTEEZ » 1 month ago (Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:21 pm)

I stopped reading comic books in the late 80s, but this makes me want to start again. :)

Postby Leadpoison » 1 month ago (Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:01 pm)

I love how the colorist made it so that Ivy's muff is all like "BADOW! Check it!"

Postby Dogfish » 1 month ago (Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:08 pm)

Might check that out if Harley's in it. Because kind of have to surely.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

o we're finally back to a Poison Ivy that looks Human? Awesome.
shevek
Producer
Producer

All 6 issues now out, will wait to buy the trade next month. But in the meantime check these out from 4-6, including more guesties from Catwoman. This version of Ivy's costume is great - the intricate plant whorls on the arms and legs are so much better than the black bodysuit nonsense from a few years ago. There are also oblique references to Harley and Ivy's relationship. Writers need to really go all out next time and just let Ivy and Harley lez it.

Oh..and it gets hotter. Meet the Spawn of Ivy: Hazel, Rose and Thorn (no relation to Rhosyn Forrest aka Rose and Thorn). Accelerated growth over six months to the age of, uh, at least 18. Pretty much segues right into a strip club.

Issue 6 climax with a special green guest...won't give it away.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

What's the name of the Trade these are in?
shevek
Producer
Producer

Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death (2016). Order it from your LCS!
Here's the listing: http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=375672

Written by Amy Chu (whom I met this past weekend) but interestingly enough drawn and inked entirely by male artists, not a female along them.