Anchorwoman slips up, film at 11!

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.

Get out your cheese and camp for a quickly written Halloween story with a new heroine and villain. WIll finish up tomorrow night:

“And that’ll do it this evening, from all of us here at KCTC have a safe and Happy Halloween.”

“And we’re clear”

“Good job everyone”

“You too Brooke, any plans tonight?”

“Off to a party with the girls. How about you?”

“Hopefully going to have a lucky lady carve my pumpkin if you know what I mean.”

“You are a pig Sonny! Well I feel sorry for whoever that poor woman is, but have a good time none the less. See you tomorrow, no hangovers please.”

“Me? What about you Miss Grey Goose? Plenty of aspirin tonight before playing with your boy toys…”

“Oh very classy. From the people’s anchor no less” responded Sonny to the middle finger salute given to him by Brooke.

This was a typical exchange between the 2 Anchors for KCTC’s 6 o’clock news. They were good friends both on and off the set.

Brooke Baxter was a striking brunette who had been at the station since graduating college 5 years ago. Quickly rising from intern to lead anchor, she was adored by the people of Center City, thus earning her the nickname “The People’s Anchor.” She was 5’9 with hazel eyes and a great laugh.

Brooke loved Center City and always made it a point to stop and talk to people who were fans.

Tonight was Halloween and she was meeting her best friends to go to a party at their buddy Jeremy’s house. She had to quickly race home and change into her beer wench costume and get to the party. She also had to stop and get a pumpkin to display one of her famous carvings. A few years back she did a story on pumpkin carving and was shown how to carve an extreme pumpkin. Since then she carves the pumpkin at whatever party she attends to the amazement of her friends.

After changing into her costume, she headed to the store to buy a pumpkin. As she drove she passed a pumpkin patch which had opened for the first time this year. Always looking to help out the economy of local businesses, Brooke turned around and pulled in.

She walked into the patch and was immediately excited by the festivity of the place. In addition to the countless ones hanging overhead, there were hundreds of pumpkins stacked 10-15 deep on bales of hay. Brooke walked around and jumped when someone dressed as a ghoul jumped out from behind one of the haystacks sending the children screaming. She laughed at the kids and at herself.
She got a text from her friend Julie:
“Where are you, everyone is waiting?”

She replied:
“Getting a pumpkin, be there in 15”

Brooke found a pumpkin she liked and brought it to the front. She was greeted by a woman with orange and black streaked hair.

“Very cool hair. I really like this place, totally festive” said the Anchorwoman.

“Thanks. Halloween is my favorite holiday.” Replied the woman. “Hey you’re that news woman. You’re not here to do a story are you?

“No. Just on my way to a party and needed a pumpkin. Had I known about this place I would have done a story. It’s really good for the community.” Said Brooke.

“Yeah I’m new here. Thought it would be fun to open up a patch, so here we are.”

“Well thanks, happy Halloween” said Brooke as she walked away from the counter.

She climbed into her car and set the pumpkin on the passenger seat. When she did she noticed the top had already been cut. But when she pulled on it, the top would not move. “Weird, it’s been glued.”

Brooke noticed a family walking back to their car and she hopped out and asked to look at their pumpkin. Same thing, top had been re-sealed with glue. Same with the other 5 she checked.

It was near 8pm now and was desperately late to Jeremy’s party. She had gotten 2 more messages from her friends who were not happy with her. But something was weird about these pumpkins. “Why were the lids cut off and then glued back on?” She wondered to herself.

“The patch closes at 8, so I’ll just pop in and have a quick look” Brooke whispered. She arrived back at 830 and the patch was dark.

After seeing the woman with the orange and black hair leave, Brooke stealthily approached the patch no longer in her pirate costume but in something much different.

Her auburn hair was let down and her eyes covered by a powder blue mask. The top half of her athletic frame wore a skin tight baby blue top, while she sported also sported a baby blue mini skirt. Her legs were encased in royal blue tights. As she walked her knee hi boots made little sound. She wore a belt around her waist that holstered a long skinny rod. Across her chest was a symbol of a ships anchor. Brooke Baxter was not just a news woman; she was also Center City’s prized protector “Anchorwoman”. Pun intended

The Auburn beauty glided into the patch and quickly found that every pumpkin had been previously opened at the top and then glued shut. The patch was deserted so she made her way around back, finding a locked shed. She unholstered her weapon which was shaped like a microphone and turned the dial. After finding the setting she liked a lock pick popped out of the top. She quickly popped open the lock and opened the door and found something other than pumpkin seeds.

The shed was filled with all sorts of drugs. Cocaine, heroin you name it. She opened a pumpkin and it contained several bags of coke. “That’s why the tops are cut off. They bring the drugs in the pumpkins.” Anchorwoman thought to herself. “This is big, I’ve got to call downtown and alert them.”

But before she could contact the police, she heard a car pull back into the patch! AW quickly locked the shed and hid out to see who was coming.

A 5’6 woman approached in a costume that resembled a walking pumpkin. She had on an black leotard and booties, orange elbow length gloves and mask, and orange tights. The woman’s hair was similar to the one who helped Brooke earlier.

She walked towards the shed when Anchorwoman sprung into action.

“Hold it right there! You are under arrest.” Ordered the purple protector pointing her microphone weapon at the woman dressed like a pumpkin.

“Anchorwoman. I must admit, I’m surprised to see you.” Answered the woman.

“You shouldn’t be Miss…? Who are you anyway?” asked AW

“Jaki O’ Lantern.” Replied the woman.

“Jak O’ Lantern? Obsessed with the Kennedy’s are we?” quipped AW

“No, just Halloween.”

“Well no matter Jaki O’…O’ Lantern or whatever you call yourself. You know your name is really hard to say, it’s like someone just desperately made it up because it’s Halloween. I’m going to stick with Lantern if you don’t mind.” Said AW

“Whatever you want Anchorwoman. So now what?” asked Lantern

“You show me where everything is. Money, drugs, weapons. Who your connection is, the works. Then you go to jail.” Answered AW in a stern voice.
“OK show me what you want to see.” Replied Lantern

“Open that shed over there. Where are the keys?” Ordered AW pointing to a bigger one behind the one she had already been in.

“IN the ceramic pumpkin behind the counter.” Answered Lantern.

“Move!” ordered AW still training her microphone weapon on Lantern.

“OK Harriet Potter, just don’t shoot me with your hand.” Snickered the pumpkin clad villain.

“Keep it up Lantern, and this “wand” will come to life in a way you don’t want to see happen. I’ll pump you full of a tranquilizer that can keep an elephant down for 2 hours.”

Lantern had heard stories about AW’s microphone. It was armed to the teeth with a tazer, dart gun, knife, lock pick, blow torch, truth gas as well as sleeping gas. And it was one hell of a blackjack if need be. It is activated by turning a small dial on the middle of it selecting the desired weapon.

They got to the counter in the middle of the patch and stopped. “The keys are in there.” Pointed Lantern. “Have at it.”

“Please Lantern, do you think I am an idiot? You open the pumpkin and get the keys. If you think I am just going to waltz up and open that thing that is probably rigged to shock whoever touches it or better yet rigged with a bomb full of knockout gas that explodes in the face of whoever opens it, you’re nuts. Open it!”

Lantern put the pumpkin on top of the counter and opened the top. AW took a step back in case it was booby trapped but nothing happened. Lantern reached in and grabbed the keys. “You sure you’re on drugs Anchorwoman? Totally paranoid.”

“Move it Lantern.” Ordered AW.

The two women made their way back to the bigger shed and Lantern opened the door. It was much like the smaller shed AW was in earlier.

“Over there and sit down” ordered AW motioning Lantern to the middle of the shed. Anchorwoman looked at the pumpkins and they were all similar to the ones in the other shed. “Is this everything Lantern? Where is the money? If you tell me now it will go much better for you downtown.”

“This is pretty much everything. They are organized by drug. Coke over there, heroin over here. The white ones have the money” said a deflated Lantern who knew she was in trouble.

Holstering her weapon, she continued to search the pumpkins finding a copious amount of drugs along the way. Her boots scratched across the dirty floor as she got to the white ones where the money was.

She counted about 20 white pumpkins. “How much is in each one Lantern?” asked AW

“It depends. Different amounts in everyone.” Replied Lantern.

“I’ll need to get an idea to see how severe the charges are going to be against you. I am going to count some of the money so get comfy, it might be a while” said AW as she popped the lid off of the 1st white pumpkin.

“I’ll stand thanks. It isn’t going to take that long” Replied Lantern. “Oh and Anchorwoman…Trick or treat!

“What’s that supposed to meaaaan ?” said Anchorwoman as she opened the white pumpkin. To her shock, a plume of orange gas exploded from the top of the white pumpkin engulfing her!

The dark haired heroine stumbled away from the smoke spewing pumpkin. AW inhaled a good bit of the pumpkin gas and her legs immediately got weak. Staggering to the other side of the shed to get away from the gas and collect her thoughts, Lantern grabbed another white pumpkin and threw it at the groggy heroine. It bounced off of her ample chest and fell to the floor breaking apart.

Another round of orange gas enveloped Anchorwoman. “Gotta get outta here or I’m cooked.”

But before she moved another pumpkin exploded at her boots. Anchorwoman was reeling and the woman in blue finally collapsed to the floor with a hard thud.

The orange gas dissipated revealing the fallen heroine slumbering away on her back. Lantern stood over AW and said “well kind of an idiot huh?”

Lantern planned her escape to a T and the usually flawless superheroine fell right into her trap.

Lantern quickly began packing up the shed. She had about 30 minutes before Anchorwoman came to and she planned on being long gone when she did. She was a not a violent drug dealer and did not want to hurt anyone permanently, especially Anchorwoman. That would result in a manhunt of epic proportions which would crimp her style.

Both sheds were completely cleaned out and Lantern gave one last look into the shed where Anchorwoman had been felled.

The pumpkin clad villain slyly said, “Off to my party Anchorwoman. Happy Halloween.” And walked out leaving Center City’s prized protector unconscious on the floor.
Attachments
New Picture (1).JPG
Jaki O'Lantern
New Picture (1).JPG (156.5 KiB) Viewed 5382 times
New Picture 2.JPG
Anchorwoman
New Picture 2.JPG (149.23 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Happy Halloween, well not so much for the heroine. Nice little holiday tale so far D!
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
superpics4les
Elder Member
Elder Member

Hi ya Dubber! Just got around to reading this little yarn you spun here! Very nice! Little Miss Perfect Superheroine's Halloween didn't turn out so happy after all! :twisted: Looking forward to seeing the conculsion to this one! 8)

BTW, REAL nice Hero Machine images, too! =D> =D> =D>
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer." - Paul Atredes
ashleychloroformed
Henchman
Henchman

Nice short Halloween story :lol:

I liked this character and am picking it up a few months after her last adventure. Hope that works for everyone.

“And that’ll do it this evening, from all of us here at KCTC have a great night.”

“And we’re clear”

And with that Brooke Baxter and her co-anchor Sonny Mathison were off for the night after another successful broadcast of the 6 o’clock news.

“I do not feel well tonight” said Sonny.
“Late night last night?”
“Yeah I met these college chicks and let me tell you…”
“College chicks. Jeez cradle robber.”
“Oh am I too old for the gals of Delta Delta Beta?”
“Gals? Nice one grandpa.”
“What are you doing tonight?”
“Going home and vegging out. I’ll see you tomorrow Sonny.”
“Ditto”

Brooke had been on the go for quite some time. In addition to being the people’s anchor she also protected Center City as Anchorwoman. Crime had been on the rise lately and she knew not only from reporting on it but also fighting it.

The problem was that she was not bringing a lot of them to justice. A few months back Jackie O’Lantern had gotten away from her as did Ernie the Elf over the holidays. More often than not though, Anchorwoman did catch the crooks.

Problem being Anchorwoman was so high profile that not catching the crooks was bigger news than when she did. When she did not it was usually the lead story on her newscast.

It drove Brooke nuts. During the stories, the producers always ran footage of her being helped to her feet by police and bystanders who found her usually after a losing battle. She tried to skew the story away from her defeats but the network bosses wanted that to be the main focus because it drove ratings. “People like an underdog” they always said. “An underdog winning usually means I end up out cold somewhere” is what Brooke wanted to say back. It was always awkward to talk about those stories before a newscast because Brooke was always pissed about doing them.

Tonight the 5’9” beauty was going to watch a movie and hang out at her place. She got home and checked her messages. One from her friend Sara asking to go out. One from Dan, a guy she was “seeing”. Checking her wine rack she realized she was out of Syrah. “Damn it.”

Quickly grabbing her keys she hopped into her car to head to the wine store.
“Hey Brooke. What can we get ya?” asked Old Milt, the owner of the store.
“Bottle of Center Vineyards Syrah Milt.”
“No problem. Good newscast tonight.”
“Thanks Milt. Trying our best.”
“Dag nab it we’re out of the Center Syrah. How about this one. It’s a new vineyard, Central Vineyards. Got great reviews so far.”
“Hmmm never heard of it. I guess I’ll try it.”

Brooke got home and popped in the movie and opened the bottle of wine. She had not heard of Central Vineyards but like the wine none the less. IN fact before she knew it the bottle was gone and Brooke was drunk.

The next morning she woke up on her couch. She was a big drinker but she was surprised as to how drunk she was. “Jeez I was hammered last night.” She said checking the bottle. “Central Vineyards is a winner.”

Later that night she was telling Sonny about the wine and how drunk she got. “You shoulda called me.”
“Sonny I’m serious, that got me wrecked. I passed out on my couch!”
“You really should have called me. Seriously, I’ve had their Cab Sauv and it was lethal. That vineyard has some strong wine Brookie.”

Later that night Brooke saw an article about Central Vineyards online. She read it but was very interested to see about the owner of the Vineyard, “Jenny Wilson! I busted her old man 4 years ago for smuggling drugs.” The article said she inherited the vineyard from her grandparents after they changed their will because of what happened to her father. “It says she is estranged from her father and runs it with her 2 younger sisters. This might make for an interesting feature.”

The next day Brooke drove to the vineyards. She met Julie Wilson the 5’4” middle sister and was then introduced to Judy the 5’5”youngest and finally Jenny, the 5’5” oldest and owner. All 3 were brunettes.

“So Miss Baxter, why do a feature on us?” asked Jenny
“I think it would be a feel good story on 3 girls making it after losing their father to a life of crime. It would definitely get you some good publicity as well.”
“I don’t think so Miss Baxter. We like things the way they are around here. We don’t want any fancy reporters bugging us.” Replied Jenny
“Ahh. Well then can I interview your sisters?”
“No thanks Miss Baxter. Judy and I agree with Jenny” replied Julie.
“Alright then ladies. Sorry to have wasted your time. I was just a fan of your wine and thought you’d like to get the word out.”
“We’re doing fine on our own, plus with the extra things we have going…”
“What my sister means is we are fine Miss Baxter. Good day.” Said Jenny as she interrupted Judy as she walked Brooke out.
“Ok then it was nice meeting you.” And Brooke got into her car and left.

“Hey idiot! What were you going to tell her? That we spike the wine to get people more drunk faster? That we are making a ton of money from the bars and restaurants because they sell less wine for more money. Do us all a favor, stop talking in the future!” screamed Jenny.
“Sorry sis. I got carried away. DO you think she will be back?”
“No, I think she got the message.”

After that night’s news cast. Brooke went and got another bottle of the Central Vineyards wine. Not to drink but to test. Something was fishy with those sisters and given their backgrounds with their father Brooke wanted to make sure. After testing the wine, Brooke determined the wine was 4 times as potent than advertised. “Why make it so potent?” she thought to herself.

She then tracked down the distributor and checked with all the bars and restaurants in the area who sold the wine. All said it was their number one selling wine both in popularity and monetarily. “So they sell less for more? And the vineyard makes out. Not that there is anything that illegal about misrepresenting the alcohol %, but still worth a visit to check it out.

Figuring she may need to protect herself, Brooke showed up to the vineyards dressed as Anchorwoman. Her auburn hair was let down and her eyes covered by a powder blue mask. The top half of her athletic frame wore a skin tight baby blue top, while she sported also sported a baby blue mini skirt. Her legs were encased in royal blue tights. As she walked her knee hi boots made little sound. She wore a belt around her waist that holstered a long skinny rod shaped like a microphone which was her weapon. It was armed to the teeth with a tazer, dart gun, knife, lock pick, blow torch, truth gas as well as sleeping gas. And it was one hell of a blackjack if need be. It is activated by turning a small dial on the middle of it selecting the desired weapon. Across her chest was a symbol of a ships anchor.

AW stealthily entered the vineyard. She made her way into the offices and found the financial documents. She was shocked to see how much they were charging their distributors. “They are killing it. But why would anyone pay this kind of…

AW heard female voices coming from the winery. She went to investigate. Not sure of what charges she could bring, AW was convinced that something illegal was happening here.

AW climbed up and looked through a window into the winery and saw 3 women dressed in burgundy skin tight cat suits. “What the hell? Are those the Wilson sisters?” she whispered to herself. “I’m going to find out what is going on here”

“Judy go and get the order for tomorrow. The price for our wines just went up” ordered Jenny.

Judy walked out of the winery and strode across to the main house of the vineyard where AW found the financial documents. “Bingo” she thought knowing she could get Judy to talk.

AW closely followed the youngest sister into the house. She waited just outside for her to return. As Judy walked back out AW grabbed her and pulled her around the corner. Pointing her microphone weapon and pressing the trigger, a fine powder blue stream of gas went straight into Judy’s face. She immediately became woozy.

“Judy what is happening here? What are you guys up to?”
“Anchorrrwomannn. What are you doing hereeee?” responded a punch drunk Judy.
“Judy I sprayed you with truth gas so you must tell me the truth. What are you guys up to?”
“Jusssst makingggg cheeeeep yet expensivvvveee wineee.”
“Why are you dressed like this?”
“This is what we where when we makkkee ourrr phony winne. Sooo sleeepppy.”
“Phony wine? What phony wine?”
“We make ourrr gooddd winne for thee restauranntsss. And use the cheaper grapppes for the bars and storessss. We spike the cheeeeeeepp wine to get people drunker quicker, but charge them more. We more than triple our revenue on the cheap winenne.”
“Is it just you and your sisters?”
“Yep. Thasss ittt. Can I lay down now?”
AW adjusted the dial on the top of the mic to SG and pressed the trigger. This time a pink stream of gas shot out and engulfed Judy. She passed out in a flash. AW dragged her around the house, bound and gagged the sleeping sister.

“What is the crime here? Is this worth it?” she thought to herself. “I guess it is fraud to the tune of millions. And now its 2 on 1 with the element of surprise.”

AW made her way back to the winery. “Where the hell is Judy?” asked Jenny in an irritated voice.
“Probably on the phone. She’ll be back soon” replied Julie as they both watched the large vats of wine stir. The winery had giant barrels stacked along the walls next to the vats. There were also thousands of grapes in crates stacked 5 high along with countless wine bottles.

“Actually Judy will be gone a little longer than expected” said a defiant Anchorwoman.
“Anchorwoman, what are you doing here?” asked a surprised Julie.
“More importantly, do you have a warrant?” asked Jenny
“No need. My good friend Brooke Baxter tipped me off that something was amiss here. You all are under arrest for fraud.”
“Prove it Anchorwoman.”
“I’ve already seen financial documents along with Judy’s confession about your fraudulent winery.”
“Jesus Jenny. What do we do?” asked a nervous Julie. “We can’t fight Anchorwoman. Her mic weapon is lethal.”
“Correct Julie you can’t so come quietly.” Replied AW pointing her weapon at them.
“Fucking Judy. I’m out of here.” Said Jenny as she took off behind one of the vats.
“Jenny stop!” shouted AW.
Julie remained frozen in front of the vats. “Julie walk to me and everything will be alright.” Ordered AW.
Julie began walking but then also took off. AW fired a stream of electricity at Julie hoping to stun her but it missed hitting the vat.

“Ladies give it up. I’m going to find you and arrest you so make it easy on yourselves” shouted AW as she slowly walked around the vats. Her boots echoed as she meticulously made her way around the winery. Finally she spotted Julie behind one of the vats. “Freeze Julie.” She shouted.

Julie stopped and put her hands up. AS AW made her way to take her into custody she said “I’ve got Julie now Jenny. Give it up”

The powder blue princess was almost to her when all of a sudden a crate of grapes crashed next to her sending them rolling onto the floor. Then another and another! She looked up in the catwalk and saw Jenny throwing the crates. Before Anchorwoman knew it the floor around her was covered in grapes. Caught between a grape and a hard place AW figured she should still take Julie first.

But as she stepped her right boot slid on the grapes. She caught her balance but quickly lost it again as her left boot slid. This time she fell as both boots slid. She landed on her perky ass losing grip on her weapon. She tried getting to her feet but fell flat on her stomach. “Can’t get up. Too slippery.” Soon her powder blue tank top and mini skirt were covered in red grapes as were her royal blue tights. Anchorwoman had fallen and could not get up.

“Now Julie!!” yelled Jenny.
Julie quickly grabbed one of the wine bottles and ran towards Anchorwoman who was still unable to get her balance and was near exhaustion. Julie made her way through the mess of grapes without losing her balance.
AW said “What the?”
“Unlike your boots, our booties are non-slip Anchorwoman.”
Julie placed the neck of the bottle under AW’s face. “No wait Julie. Hold on a minute.” Pleaded AW who knew what was coming out of that bottle.

As she uncorked the wine bottle a burgundy plume of gas was released similar to a genie engulfing AW.

The brunette beauty desperately gasped for air “Wait, cough coughhh. Need to get toooo myyyy feeeetttttttt uhhhhhh” but it was in vain. She collapsed face first into the mash of grapes.

“I can’t believe it Jenny it worked!” Screamed Julie. “We knocked her out!”
“I told you it would work. Now let’s get her out of that mess to somewhere more comfortable. And then go and undoubtedly wake our stupid sister up.”
superpics4les
Elder Member
Elder Member

Great opening, dubber! Very nice, indeed! Keep 'em coming? 8)
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer." - Paul Atredes
lytespeed
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

There will be no whining from Anchorwoman this day! HA HA #-o (sorry) Great start dubbphil!

"Wakey wakey Anchorwoman" encouraged Jenny. The heroine was hanging by her hands above one of the giant vats of wine. She slowly came to.
"Ahh there we are. Sorry about the sneaky tricks, but we were outclassed here and had to be creative." snickered Jenny
"You call gassing me creative?" said an irritated AW spitting grapes out of her mouth.
"No I don't. But how we gassed you is. We captured Center City’s protector rather handily. And now that we have your weapon, I’d say you are in deep shit. But that is neither here nor there as soon you will sloshing around in some fine wine."
"Look girls, this is murder. A far cry from lying about the alcohol content of your wine." pleaded Anchorwoman still trying to get free.
“Jenny this is murder. Why don’t we just leave town?” asked Judy.
“Shut up Judy. It’s your fault we’re in this mess. You told her everything.” Replied Julie
“She sprayed me with her truth gas. You two would have done the same thing”
“Enough. Good-bye Anchorwoman. Have a nice swim.” Said Jenny as she pressed a button on the control panel of the vat. The wine in the vat began to churn slowly. She then pressed another button and Anchorwoman was dropped in.

She began thrashing around trying to get a grip on the wall of the vat but it was too slippery.
“I can’t watch this.” Said Judy running out of the winery.
“Make sure she is alright.” Said Jenny. Julie went after her sister.

Anchorwoman was a good swimmer but that could only help her for a short amount of time. She was in a whirlpool of wine and needed to think of something quickly.
“Got to get a grip on the walls. Too slippery” said AW. She was already exhausted. The gas had left her very tired and she was having trouble staying afloat. With one last effort she tried to get a grip on the wall but went under.

Jenny stayed for a minute longer and left after seeing no more movement in the vat.

But then a cable shot out from the vat and wrapped around the catwalk. Then Anchorwoman came bursting from the wine and was pulled up back onto the catwalk.

She flopped onto her back coughing up wine but was ok. She had a spare mic weapon tucked away in her boots just for an occasion such as this. Now covered in red wine from head to boot, she set out to catch the Wilson sisters.

Jenny and Julie returned 10 minutes later to empty the vat and dispose of Anchorwoman’s body. “Well at least she calmed down Jenny.” Said Julie.
“Yeah I know, but she is still pretty upset. I’m glad we cancelled the delivery today. Would have been way too much going on.”

As the vat drained, Jenny’s cell rang. She took the call and told Julie it was their distributor and he was pissed they cancelled and she’d be back in a few minutes.

The last of the wine drained out and to Julie’s shock there was no sign of Anchorwoman’s body. She immediately called Jenny but it went right to voice mail. She then tried Judy’s but before she could a cable wrapped around her waist.

“Looking for me Julie” said a now burgundy tinted AW.
“How did you get out of there?” said a shocked Julie who was wrapped up in a cable extending from AW’s mic.
“My spare mic. You idiots didn’t even bother to search me after “cleverly” knocking me out?” said AW air quoting cleverly to rub it in Julie’s face.
“I took your utility belt and mic but never thought to check your boots. Please Anchorwoman what are you going to do? Don’t kill me?”
“Kill you, please I am a defender of this great city. I would never kill you. But I will teach your sorry ass not to fuck with Anchorwoman!” and as she said this Anchorwoman tugged on the mic sending Julie flying into the side of the empty vat.

DONG! Julie’s head bouncing off the side of the vat echoed through the winery. Anchorwoman then wrapped the cable around her wrists and ankles and dragged her out of site.

Jenny returned with Judy. “Julie. Is she out of the vat yet?” yelled Jenny. “Julie?”
Judy said “call her cell. I had a missed call from her a few minutes ago.”
Jenny called her cell and it began to ring. “Go find her” she told Judy.
Jenny picked up one of the gas filled wine bottles. Something was wrong.

Judy followed the ring of her sister’s cell phone to the back corner of the winery. She found it inside one of the wine barrels. She opened the lid and bent down to pick it up and called out “I found her phone but no Julie.”
“OK come on back Judy, something is wrong here.”
“Give me a sec, I’m going to look around here.”
“Judy at least get a bottle of gas in case Anchorwoman is out there.”
Ignoring Jenny, Judy began to search each barrel in hopes of locating her sister. She popped open lid after lid with no luck. She got to another row of barrels and kept popping the lids. As she looked in another barrel, Judy did not notice the lid of the barrel behind her slowly open. Slowly AW rose from the barrel and in one swift motion bopped Judy over the neck with her mic. THUMP!

The youngest sister never made a sound. She gasped as her neck twitched back and fell back into Anchorwoman’s arms. She laid her on her stomach quickly hogtying her.

“Judy. Judy. Come on.” Shouted Jenny nervously. She knew AW had survived her perilous ordeal and had now plucked her two sisters easily.

“I’m very impressed Anchorwoman. Surviving the swim in the wine is to be commended. Now you are taking out my sisters one by one.”

AW quickly hid and figured out how to capture Jenny. She was resourceful to say the least and AW knew she would finish her off if she got the drop on her again.

AW saw Jenny through the stacks of barrels coming towards her. She readied her mic turning the dial to TD “Trank dart”. Without a sound she fired but it missed. She tried the stun gun but it missed again. “Damn, must have damaged it when I bopped Judy.” Jenny never realized how close she was to a cat nap but kept on moving.

AW realized her aim would never be true so she had to come up with another way to catch this villain.

“Come now Anchorwoman, let’s work something out.” Jenny said as she walked down a corridor of barrels. She had a bottle of wine gas in each hand at the ready. She was not surprised to see Judy hog tied at the end of the corridor.

“I see you once again caught my hapless youngest sister. She really has a nose for being caught now doesn’t she? How about Julie, where is she?”

As Jenny turned another corner she saw Julie tied at the ankles and wrists out cold as well. “My my aren’t we violent. Pummeling my sisters into unconsciousness. Well you will not be so lucky against me Anchorwoman.”

Jenny was now back to the front of the winery standing next to the vats. Standing still gave AW her chance. From high above on the cat walk where she previously was strung up she launched one of the giant wine barrels at the unsuspecting Jenny. CRASH! The eldest Wilson never saw what hit her.

She buckled to the ground under the force of the barrel. AW quickly repelled down to assess the damage. Jenny was trying to get up but was totally dazed. AW picked up one of the gas filled wine bottles and walked over to the stunned Jenny.

AW kicked Jenny her onto her back. She was barely conscious. “I think you said about capturing me quite handily. Not so much Jenny. You are all under arrest.”

“Gooooo too helllll Annnchorwomannn” was all the dazed villain could offer.

“Have you tried this particular vintage Jenny. It has a great aroma that will take your breath away. Bottoms up” said AW as she uncorked the bottle. Jenny inhaled a big gulp of the gas and coughed a few times before passing out flat on her back.”

“All 3 Wilson sisters face multiple counts of fraud, assault and attempted murder. The arraignment is set for Tuesday. Sonny.”

“All in a days work for Anchorwoman right Brooke? Probably didn't even break a sweat. What would we do without her? Be a lot more drunk at the hands of the Wilson Sisters I guess.”

“That’s right Sonny." Said Brooke hiding the fact she almost died in the process. "And from all of us at KCTC have a great night.”

“And we’re clear”

“Once again we buried Anchorwoman apprehending criminals at the end of the telecast” said an irritated Brooke.
“Brooke I know you have this thing for Anchorwoman, which is totally hot by the way, but catching crooks is her job. It’s when we find her tied to a chair out cold, which by the way is also totally hot, that makes people tune in.”
“You are such a pig Sonny. But I guess you’re right. Although it must be humiliating for her when they find her like that.”
“I’m sure it is Brooke, but it is part of her job. And we’re like vultures, when we see something down and out we circle. You know what they say, no news is good news.”
“Especially in Anchorwoman’s case.”

Pics of the Wilson Sisters.
Attachments
Jenny.JPG
The oldest Wilson SIster and owner of the Vineyard, Jenny.
Jenny.JPG (109.47 KiB) Viewed 5059 times

Julie Wilson
Attachments
Julie.JPG
Middle sister Julie
Julie.JPG (108.47 KiB) Viewed 5056 times

Youngest Judy.
Attachments
New Picture.JPG
The last of the Wilson SIsters
New Picture.JPG (105.52 KiB) Viewed 5049 times
lytespeed
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Fun story! I guess in the end Jenny had to face her own wrath of grapes! :-# (I'll stop now). Nice one dubbphil!
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Not bad D!
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
spandexman
Neophyte
Neophyte

Love the story. Hope Anchorwoman has some more adventures :-D =D> :P
DPH70
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Good story.The only problem I had with it was Lantern used 3 pumpkin KO gas bombs on AW at point blank range,she was engulfed in gas.She should have been put out very quickly,stayed that way for several hours (not 30 mins.)Lantern should have donned a gas mask during this mass gas attack in the barn.