Charmed Reboot

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

In another example of lack imigination, the CW is annoucing a charmed reboot. The description makes it sound like an SJW agenda

The original dealt with female empowerment but men were not despised.

Holly Marie Coombs (Piper ) not happy about it.

My cyncism wonders is the recent publicity with rRse McGowen and Allysa Milano is the real reason.

Also why has there never been A Charmed parody in this genre?
shevek
Producer
Producer

Not specifically looking forward to this reboot most likely, but in the series, there was one episode where the blonde character (would that be Piper or Paige?) underwent a spell that transformed her into a superheroine wearing a tight sexy costume.

Sorry I don't have the patience right now to go look at eight seasons of episode summaries on Wikipedia to determine which episode that is. But that would probably be my favorite episode and I would imagine the fave of some others on this forum as well. Maybe actually *two* of them became superheroines in that episode? Can't recall right now.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

There were two episodes:

1 where all three became superheroines

the second was in the last season(which was vey bad) when their protoge played by Kaley cuoco became one

shevek wrote:
6 years ago
Not specifically looking forward to this reboot most likely, but in the series, there was one episode where the blonde character (would that be Piper or Paige?) underwent a spell that transformed her into a superheroine wearing a tight sexy costume.

Sorry I don't have the patience right now to go look at eight seasons of episode summaries on Wikipedia to determine which episode that is. But that would probably be my favorite episode and I would imagine the fave of some others on this forum as well. Maybe actually *two* of them became superheroines in that episode? Can't recall right now.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I did like Alyssa Milano...esp in Embrace of the Vampire where she gets her baps out...ok, they are falsies but I forgive her
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
shevek
Producer
Producer

Thanks Dazzle. Apparently I was conflating those two episodes in my mind! All I remembered was that Alyssa Milano definitely had superpowers at some point, and that the girl in the costume was blonde.
So the fact that she was Kaley Cuoco makes sense :) Thanks for clearing that up.
Dazzle1 wrote:
6 years ago
There were two episodes:

1 where all three became superheroines

the second was in the last season(which was vey bad) when their protoge played by Kaley cuoco became one

shevek wrote:
6 years ago

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I saw a YouTube preview this week.

Except for changing the race of the sisters and have an older Whitelighter, it is just a retread
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Trailers look like a complete trainwreck... can't believe THIS has received a green light and The Greatest American Heroine with Hannah Simone has been shut down (ok we didn't see anything about that, but couldn't have possibly been worse than this trainwreck)
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Well Charmed was one of the highest rated shows on the CW at the time. Also most of their longer running series are coming to an end.

I would have loved to see a Greatest American Heroine.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Oh no! A reboot?
In the words of Kenan Thompson:

"WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!"
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
Thomass22
Neophyte
Neophyte

shevek wrote:
6 years ago

Sorry I don't have the patience right now to go look at eight seasons of episode summaries on Wikipedia to determine which episode that is. But that would probably be my favorite episode and I would imagine the fave of some others on this forum as well rachat de credit travaux. Maybe actually *two* of them became superheroines in that episode? Can't recall right now.
It was not very successful from the point of view of adaptation and character. In short, new but nothing more.