Ultrina - The Ultimate Woman concept

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hello everyone in superheroine storyland.

I have a new idea for a story character (not for video shoots, at least not right now) that I'd like to run by this audience to see if it's interesting to you.

This character was inspired by two things that seemed to come together for me today:

1) I've noticed at Comicons that amongst the few very shapely cosplayers, there are a lot more average-looking women who, admittedly, don't look superheroic in their costumes but they try like the dickens anyway, and they look they are having lots of fun. I'm imaging an average short 20something female, maybe with short mousy brown hair and some slight physical impedances (nearsighted and needs to wear glasses, chunky around the middle, crooked teeth which make her reluctant to smile) who works a boring, unfulfilling menial service job just to put food on the table, but she diligently saves up every extra penny to put towards her nerdy pursuits like making webcomics, watching anime, playing RPGs, and making her cosplays for the Comicons, which she awaits with excitement and bated breath so she can interact as her character alongside the other nerds similar to her who converge from hours in every direction.

2) A certain character called Silver Osprey, created by DA user Caniac89 (aka Brent) https://www.deviantart.com/caniac89 has popped up in my DA recommends for quite a long time, sometimes in conjunction with another OC called Red Valkyrie. After re-examining this Osprey character recently, I noticed her appearance has a very nice classic appeal to it, kind of like a silver Mrs. Incredible. A design that would lend itself to camp and misadventure straight from the Silver Age, and nothing that would seem edgy, dark, or 'alt' as today's costumes sometimes feel. (see the costume below, worn by well-known cosplayer Ivy Cosplay from Florida).

So, my thought is: what if I combined the tale of this nerdy underappreciated Comicon girl with a suit that (in the reader's imagination) would look somewhat similar to this Silver Osprey one, but have a different name and different logo?

I'm thinking of calling her Ultrina (there's no other character by that name anywhere on Comicvine, and it's only the name of some products in India). And she would be the alter ego of this mousy Comicon cosplay veteran Trina Spencer. She could pick another name, but she just can't resist calling herself Ultrina because it goes in line perfectly with her superheroine fantasy.

Her alter ego would look nothing like her, so there'd be no chance that anyone could connect the two simply by sight (unless they connected 'Ultrina' with 'Trina'). But, she has a very special way of transforming that makes her vulnerable and exposed, which can lead to many misadventures and make it hard for her to keep a steady job, so she has to keep moving around like Bill Bixby with his backpack down the road, except that she is bouncing from gig to gig in her own home county (the new job she gets every couple months or so will becoming a running gag).

There would also be at least two important supporting characters in the story:
1) She goes regularly to a D&D game where she has a huge crush on the DM. He's smart and funny and shares almost all her interests, and she really wants to be with him. But because she is so mousy, he doesn't really look at her except as a fellow nerdy player. However, he has a thing for superheroines, so she can use her alter ego to change her luck, but that could endanger her safety in her secret identity. How can she get him interested in her? And furthermore, is she now 'out of his League' when in her Ultrina identity and more suitable to a stunningly attractive man instead...like, say, the handsome superhero from the big city who flies in to court her?
2) There is a local female reporter in her area whose obsession is finding out the secret identity of Ultrina as she makes her crimefighting appearances. This reporter is very beautiful and also has an ulterior motive for her pursuit - she has a crush on Ultrina that she wants to consummate, while at the same time breaking the story of the year that will get her a Pulitzer like Iris West. So she is looking carefully for connections, to see how Ultrina is linked to a possible civilian identity. However, Katrina (Ultrina) has never had a lesbian experience and doesn't know how to react to a woman's interest in her, so she keeps flying away and being such a tease.

Of course, along with all of this great sexual tension will go plenty of action and adventure. Again, here is the basic costume below of the Silver Osprey which would form some of the inspiration for the Ultrina character.

It already sounds like it could be a fun premise for a mature streaming TV show, since it's a bit like the unrealized Nahnatchka Khan concept for relaunching Greatest American Hero as a female character (specifically, an Indian-American 20something in Cleveland) which was dropped by NBC in 2017 and never produced.

What do you think? Let me know your thoughts, and also if you have any suggestions for directions you think this scenario could go.
silver osprey as inspiration for ultrina.jpg
silver osprey as inspiration for ultrina.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 602 times
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

There's a lot of backstory here to like. I say go with it. Sounds like a solid inspiration for a comic book title to me.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
shevek
Producer
Producer

DrDominator9 wrote:
10 months ago
There's a lot of backstory here to like. I say go with it. Sounds like a solid inspiration for a comic book title to me.
Thanks, Doctor!

The content could stay in the "R" category which would allow it to be on a streaming service or on a regular comic rack (not that it's going to necessarily do either, but I enjoy those writing constraints).

There are some similar hot nerd-girl comics and concepts out there, such as Geek Girl (but she doesn't transform) or Vampblade (she does, but it's kind of gross). And there are some classic comic books ugly duckling transformations such as Looker, Silver Swan, Titania and of course the one-time Caitlin Fairchild instance.

But I can't think of anything that combines both, especially not one where the character transforms back and forth on a constant basis. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. It certainly seems like there should have been something out like this by now.

Anyway, if anyone has any further encouragement or suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.
argento
Overlord
Overlord

It's cute that a nerdy, shy woman wants to do it justice. From what you've said, she's short-sighted. But she has to fix that handicap if she wants to be a heroine. Regarding the powers or abilities she has. is it genetic or with technology or maybe esoteric? You also commented that it's going to be for adults. As a suggestion I have two things.
Ultrina has a different personality than Trina, so she would have to have more sexual activity, maybe a heroine who seduces men in sleazy bars and then asks to be tied up :sneaky: ( I don't know if this is spelled right, I mean bars where people of low morals go) . It could be because she grew up in a dangerous neighborhood. But that doesn't stop her from being a relentless heroine.
Secondly, she would have to wear a mask, as she is shy and suffers from dissociative identity disorder.

The cosplay woman in the photo looks very good.
shevek
Producer
Producer

argento wrote:
10 months ago
It's cute that a nerdy, shy woman wants to do it justice. From what you've said, she's short-sighted. But she has to fix that handicap if she wants to be a heroine. Regarding the powers or abilities she has. is it genetic or with technology or maybe esoteric? You also commented that it's going to be for adults. As a suggestion I have two things.
Ultrina has a different personality than Trina, so she would have to have more sexual activity, maybe a heroine who seduces men in sleazy bars and then asks to be tied up :sneaky: ( I don't know if this is spelled right, I mean bars where people of low morals go) . It could be because she grew up in a dangerous neighborhood. But that doesn't stop her from being a relentless heroine.
Secondly, she would have to wear a mask, as she is shy and suffers from dissociative identity disorder.

The cosplay woman in the photo looks very good.
Good suggestions. Here are some of the answers:

- I'm thinking she gets her powers in a similar way to Greatest American Hero or Green Lantern: a galactic alien guardian crashes his ship and while dying, he gives his genetic transformative powers to her to defend the Earth from a coming invasion which will happen in several years. She needs the time to prepare and train to be her planet's ultimate champion against the dire threat.

- The alien explains to her before he dies that she must be pleasurably stimulated to transform into Ultrina (somewhat like the Internet sensation Altawoman, if you are familiar). As long as she keeps her clothes on while doing that, the content can stay a hard R.

- She has no physical handicaps or shortcomings anymore when she becomes Ultrina. She is literally the ultimate woman in a physical sense. However that doesn't mean she develops emotionally. So yes, she may act with superheroic bravado but is still the insecure nerd inside, and those tendencies will have to be reconciled.

- Yes she does feel much sexier as a heroine, but this is not about sleazy bars. She will be attracted to the hunky superhero or the hot female reporter or maybe both. That doesn't mean she couldn't be tied up by villains, though. And she could definitely learn to enjoy it.

- She doesn't *have* to wear a mask, as her body completely changes to make her unrecognizable as Ultrina (as I said, the name 'Ultrina' is her conceit, offering a subtle hint to her origins). Sorry but she *does* not have DID (which would be a Rose and Thorn situation). As Ultrina, she is still Trina but in a fantasy body. I would compare her more to the Ultras in Malibu's Ultraverse (like Prime and Elven) where the physical develops but the emotion is still stunted. They don't wear masks because they are unrecognizable.

- Finally, we'll need for Ultrina to have one or more weaknesses. One tragic weakness could be that if she actually attains peak pleasure in her Ultrina form, it triggers her change back to plain old dowdy Trina. She might have to find that out by accident, and then figure out how to avoid that happening while she's in Ultrina from. But that might be a problem if it doesn't allow her to have any kind of sex while she is Ultrina (or if she has to stop short while having sex, and run away).

So if that doesn't make sense, maybe we could just pick out one thing found on Earth that can hurt her but is rare and costly. Possibly something like plutonium - maybe depending on how long she is exposed, first 1) it robs her of her powers, then 2) after a while it reverts her back to Trina and 3) then if exposed long enough it can kill her human form.

I think the alien invaders could also present a second weakness for her - maybe some kind of power-sapping ray or machine that first takes away her powers and then robs her of her ultimate form. But that would happen later on, "years" for now.

Let's continue workshopping a bit. Thanks so much for the input!
argento
Overlord
Overlord

Ahh... I said about the bars because this is a page with sadomasochism and bondage. It was to represent a scenography formed by a complementary couple: bad-heroine. I think the mask has more to do with hiding the identity. The idea of doing something forbidden without being seen fuels desire. With her new look it will surely increase her desire :sly: . As for the second weakness you mention. If she has alien powers, her planet must have another gravity, another environmental condition.What about radiation? This may influence the performance as a heroine. Maybe the power will not last long.

PS: Did they take the "Like" button off the page?
shevek
Producer
Producer

argento wrote:
10 months ago
Ahh... I said about the bars because this is a page with sadomasochism and bondage. It was to represent a scenography formed by a complementary couple: bad-heroine. I think the mask has more to do with hiding the identity. The idea of doing something forbidden without being seen fuels desire. With her new look it will surely increase her desire :sly: . As for the second weakness you mention. If she has alien powers, her planet must have another gravity, another environmental condition.What about radiation? This may influence the performance as a heroine. Maybe the power will not last long.

PS: Did they take the "Like" button off the page?
- Maybe there'll be some S&M or bondage eventually, but it won't be something that's inherent in the heroine's character, unless somehow she is corrupted and turned evil. Those are all situations that could happen later, but they're not part of her initial backstory or personality.
- This heroine will not have a mask. She won't need one because she looks completely different than her civilian form. But she will need to 'hide the identity' by preventing herself from changing back in front of anyone. And someone might still suspect her if they see her civilian and heroine forms in close proxmity to each other. The nosy female reporter is capable of investigating that.
- Yes, her second 'alien' weakness could have something to do with the conditions of the alien planet her new DNA is from. Gravity or atmospheric makeup. I'll work on that one.
- As far as radiation, yes I explained that plutonium could do the trick, or I could just make up an element with even more powerful radiation.
- "The power will not last long" is probably the best suggestion you made! If her power only lasts for a short period of time (like Hourman, except
we could give her maybe three hours) then she might be in danger of changing back, and that could present some great plots. Thanks!

As for the "Like" button, I presume it went wherever the Spoiler button also went. I think MH is working on the page!