CLIPS4SALE Idiotic redesign

General discussions about superheroines!
clyde11
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Has anyone else seen CLIPS4SALE's new format? It's a bombastic mess. It's confusing, you can't find what you're looking for, you can't browse the studios or new releases like before. What a fiasco. At least that is my take on it.
On top of that, they have link to a survey seeking site users opinions about the redesign but the link is dead. WTF

I just got done going back and forth with there support team and I let them know that I don't see myself spending anymore money there in the near
future. And I have spent a crap load of money there over the years so I guess I should be thanking them for all of the money I'm going to save.
I also understand that they have been driving away some studios due to various policy changes recently and now they seem like they want to drive away
customers as well.
sideshowbob4791
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Well said.
madcat17d
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Agree.
awsman
Henchman
Henchman

Literally just noticed this yesterday when trying to use the site for the first time in months. Yeah, it’s beyond idiotic, just finding a specific video I knew was on there was a chore.
spandex4fun
Sargeant
Sargeant

I just went over there for the first time in 6 years & man, you wasn’t lying about the site being an unorganized mess. Looks like I ain’t order another video from there again.
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
voyeurn3
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Agree
I asked them to go back to the previous layout
or at least give that option to the customer.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wow. It wasn't broken, but they went ahead and broke it anyway.

Perhaps they want to prevent the feds from finding stuff. Maybe their database doesn't have any indexes or they run out of space or something. Otherwise I don't get it.

If the idea was that people could actually find what they like, they might benefit from opening up some API so that others who know about computers can fix their search functionality. If that would cause too much load, just provide a data dump and maybe an RSS feed, and someone can host it themselves, link back to c4s. I might just have to resort to spidering the categories i'm interested in so I can actually fucking find anything.

Elon if you read this, please buy c4s and sort it out.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ivandobsky wrote:
8 months ago
Wow. It wasn't broken, but they went ahead and broke it anyway.

Perhaps they want to prevent the feds from finding stuff. Maybe their database doesn't have any indexes or they run out of space or something. Otherwise I don't get it.

If the idea was that people could actually find what they like, they might benefit from opening up some API so that others who know about computers can fix their search functionality. If that would cause too much load, just provide a data dump and maybe an RSS feed, and someone can host it themselves, link back to c4s. I might just have to resort to spidering the categories i'm interested in so I can actually fucking find anything.

Elon if you read this, please buy c4s and sort it out.
There is a tendancy for web sites to make a change when none is needed.

LinkedIn used to be much better on their search for members but someone decided for reason never explained to change it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I went to one studio and it seemed impossible to easily browse the back inventory. This becomes a huge issue with studios like Christina Carter where she has hundreds of vids.