SHIP Golden Age has passed

General discussions about superheroines!
Ernie
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

That's an interesting perspective. I've always preferred videos that take a little time to establish the heroine as worthy of the name before the peril starts. And some actresses are definitely better at exuding heroineness that others. Wildkat's videos are effective because he shoots them like a real movie or TV show, but amps up the peril bits.

I don't really agree about Melissa not capturing the vibe, but I also love the Helen Slater movie.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shadowpowerslaver wrote:
10 months ago
Mostly I agree with what SHL said before, customs is the best business way today, and we're so spoiled, but not with the miracle part. The one who spoiled us is the movie which brings us here, like Helen Slater's Supergirl, in my case. The vital thing is you have to buy the image that she's a real Supergirl. Even Melissa fails to do that in that TV Show. Of course, the costume and VFX make contributions, but the Supergirl movie caught me by the first flying scene, where she looks incredibly enjoying her superpower. That's a reaction that regular people could imagine but will never have. I remember RYE‘s early works generally being faithful on the costume part, and also included many plot elements that I like, such as unexpected identity revelations and failed escape attempts. But her reaction kept hinting to me that she's not a superheroine but wearing that costume and pretending a Supergirl. My point is I understand the reason behind our situation now, but there's a way out instead of a miracle. Try eliminating anything that ruins the superheroine vibes since we have many powerful tools like After Effects today.
This right here is my catching point.

I have a counter argument to this..... The Supergirl movie...... sucks ass. We weren't SPOILED with it, that's not the word you're looking for. We got THREE Superman and three batman movies in that time before a FOURTH Superman movie and finally the big Comic book movie push. ONE shitty film isn't being spoiled. If we were spoiled we wouldn't be dwindling. MY point about the MCU not providing films with superheroines in them is just that. We AREN'T being spoiled. We're being ignored.

I mean Jesus Christ in certain venues we're regressing! This is the SECOND Mainline Final Fantasy game in a row where there are essentially NO women in the fucking group, and that dumb Stanger of Paradise game in the middle had only ONE. A videogame series that was always known for being pretty gender balanced... and now it's pretty much ALWAYS just a big ol' sausage fest....................... but I digress.

We AIN'T being 'spoiled' or inundated with new ideas... I believe the word you're looking for is OBSESSED. People enter into the fetish OBSESSED with one very specific film or series or even just a 'moment'. I guess that's a good argument to make that no amount of MCU superheroine films would ever satisfy US cause we're all so picky and zeroed in on that ONE obsession... but it would have brought in more new people with NEW superheroines and moments of their own... people who'd make videos that aren't JUST Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Batgirl profitable for a change.
shadowpowerslaver
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Femina wrote:
10 months ago

This right here is my catching point.

I have a counter argument to this..... The Supergirl movie...... sucks ass. We weren't SPOILED with it, that's not the word you're looking for. We got THREE Superman and three batman movies in that time before a FOURTH Superman movie and finally the big Comic book movie push. ONE shitty film isn't being spoiled. If we were spoiled we wouldn't be dwindling. MY point about the MCU not providing films with superheroines in them is just that. We AREN'T being spoiled. We're being ignored.

I mean Jesus Christ in certain venues we're regressing! This is the SECOND Mainline Final Fantasy game in a row where there are essentially NO women in the fucking group, and that dumb Stanger of Paradise game in the middle had only ONE. A videogame series that was always known for being pretty gender balanced... and now it's pretty much ALWAYS just a big ol' sausage fest....................... but I digress.

We AIN'T being 'spoiled' or inundated with new ideas... I believe the word you're looking for is OBSESSED. People enter into the fetish OBSESSED with one very specific film or series or even just a 'moment'. I guess that's a good argument to make that no amount of MCU superheroine films would ever satisfy US cause we're all so picky and zeroed in on that ONE obsession... but it would have brought in more new people with NEW superheroines and moments of their own... people who'd make videos that aren't JUST Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Batgirl profitable for a change.
I think we're not talking about the same thing. In my case, the Supergirl movie is my source of all those fantasies. But I didn't expect anyone to feel the same as me, especially since I understand no one should focus on one single pattern of one single role as I did. Of course, you will have your own entrance of these fantasies, and that's what things should be.
My point is that the illusions we pursue are built upon those products of the film industry. Perhaps as commercial movies, they may have flaws, but the characters within them are still crafted through the language of cinema or in a professional manner. It sets a high standard for imitation videos if they want to touch our imagination. This is what I mean by "spoiled."
Last edited by shadowpowerslaver 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ernie
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Femina, I feel your pain. The seventies, when the women's lib movement was a real growing force, generated a few strong female characters like WW and the Bionic Woman. Even though WW was pretty cheesy, you still here about girls who were inspired by it. Same with Lindsey Wagner's show. But movies? Not so much. Catwoman got made, probably because Halle Berry signed on, but it was beyond terrible. You're hard on the Supergirl movie, but yeah, artistically it was pretty bad. And recently there have been a few attempts, but Wonder Woman is the only one that really moved the dial. (It's interesting to me that the second WW flick has been panned so hard on this site, since it definitely has more peril than the first one. But as a movie, yeah, it's a mess.)

I think studio execs don't have a clue how to handle a female superhero film. I think the biggest audience for superhero flicks is incel nerds and they stay away from female led films in droves while buffing their misogyny cred online by ripping the movies. And I think the culture, as it exists right now in the just-post-me too movement era is unwilling to accept a female superhero who is shown suffering very much at the hands of a man. So poor management, box office poison with a big chunk of the audience and current delicate sensibilities make it pretty tough for something good to get greenlit, get a good actress and have good action survive the whining critics.
shadowpowerslaver
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Ernie wrote:
10 months ago
That's an interesting perspective. I've always preferred videos that take a little time to establish the heroine as worthy of the name before the peril starts. And some actresses are definitely better at exuding heroineness that others. Wildkat's videos are effective because he shoots them like a real movie or TV show, but amps up the peril bits.

I don't really agree about Melissa not capturing the vibe, but I also love the Helen Slater movie.
About Melissa is just my personal opinion, please don't take it seriously. I guess the thing that hooks me in Helen Slater's Supergirl is she is always so heroic, even though her situation is tough, even fear and concern show on her face clearly.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ernie wrote:
10 months ago
Femina, I feel your pain. The seventies, when the women's lib movement was a real growing force, generated a few strong female characters like WW and the Bionic Woman. Even though WW was pretty cheesy, you still here about girls who were inspired by it. Same with Lindsey Wagner's show. But movies? Not so much. Catwoman got made, probably because Halle Berry signed on, but it was beyond terrible. You're hard on the Supergirl movie, but yeah, artistically it was pretty bad. And recently there have been a few attempts, but Wonder Woman is the only one that really moved the dial. (It's interesting to me that the second WW flick has been panned so hard on this site, since it definitely has more peril than the first one. But as a movie, yeah, it's a mess.)

I think studio execs don't have a clue how to handle a female superhero film. I think the biggest audience for superhero flicks is incel nerds and they stay away from female led films in droves while buffing their misogyny cred online by ripping the movies. And I think the culture, as it exists right now in the just-post-me too movement era is unwilling to accept a female superhero who is shown suffering very much at the hands of a man. So poor management, box office poison with a big chunk of the audience and current delicate sensibilities make it pretty tough for something good to get greenlit, get a good actress and have good action survive the whining critics.
That's the collective DELUSION that Hollywood suffers from... but it's been proven not to exist. Wonder Woman was Good... and popular, and generally considered the best of the old DCEU. Captain Marvel got NO END of harassment from said incel nerds, it still sold. The audience has made it clear that, if you make a female lead comic book film WE'LL WATCH IT. Maybe not comparably with the next Iron Man movie............... but of course not! Iron Man's had three solo films and a whole MCU of buildup, all the ladies need is the same history. Filmmakers need to just pull their own heads out of their asses and OBSERVE what the information was telling them.

The REST of it is just BAD movies, marketed badly, or made so badly that the execs didn't wanna pull the trigger. The Batgirl film, was obviously just hot garbage (and probably lower budget) or they would have gone ahead to recoup the cost by throwing it out anyway. Yeah people are cagey on new things when it LOOKS objectively like the thing is lack luster... but when the studios PUT THEIR ALL into the things, the audience has PROOVEN they'll show up... just for some reason the studio execs didn't seem to notice. Again, I think it's obviously changing now. Marvel's upcoming slate seems to not be to worried about female lead films...... I'm just concerned that 'figuring it out' at the END of the mainstream superhero fad is too little too late.
shadowpowerslaver wrote:
10 months ago
I think we're not talking about the same thing. In my case, the Supergirl movie is my source of all those fantasies. But I didn't expect anyone to feel the same as me, especially since I understand no one should focus on one single pattern of one single role as I did. Of course, you will have your own entrance of these fantasies, and that's what things should be.
My point is that the illusions we pursue are built upon those products of the film industry. Perhaps as commercial movies, they may have flaws, but the characters within them are still crafted through the language of cinema or in a professional manner. It sets a high standard for imitation videos if they want to touch our imagination. This is what I mean by "spoiled."
No look, I'm not jumping down your throat for your tastes or what brought you into the fetish. I'm aware that at the time, the Supergirl movie was literally ALL WE GOT, and on the big screen no less... I was just pointing out that it wasn't us being 'spoiled' it was the OPPOSITE of us being spoiled. In television you got a lot more, Batgirl DID spoil folks....... I don't really agree we were 'spoiled' by WW as some do, we got ONE chloroform scene but for the most part in WW she was just whupping ass with very little peril.... but hey at least it was GOOD 'moment' inspirations right... cause that's all it TAKES... it just takes MOMENTS.

Nowadays the atmosphere is very different. REALLY you're either a movie or nothing (or at least that was the way of it during the MCU's heyday)... and DURING that heyday our situation was EVEN WORSE than most of us realize. Over the course of 10 years between Superman 1 and Superman 4: The Quest for Peace, we got Supergirl stamped right in the middle right... on the THEATER, and realistically, that was ALL DC was doing over those ten years. Burton's Batman would come after but ignore that for the time being. In those ten years 20% of all the films made were a superheroine film... sure it' was just one film.... but we only had five films to begin with.

NOW.... in the time between 2008 to 2018 we had TWENTY superhero films (From the MCU). Guess how many of those were Superheroine films............................................... That's right, the answer is NONE. Captain Marvel was released in 2019.
But noooooooooooooooo, we get one superheroine film today and people bitch we're going woke. *Rollseyes* At the same ratio as oldschool DC, we were owed FOUR superheroine films in that time... and do you know what a difference that would make? FOUR movies about superheroines during the fucking BIG BANG of Superhero hype? Somewhere in AT LEAST one of those would be a moment that tweaked some youngsters noodles and brought them here... Diana was chloroformed ONCE in the whole WW series, that moment was all it took. We only need MOMENTS.... and we didn't get any moments, because we didn't get ANYTHING period.

So yeah... THINK about this. REALLY think about it, think about just the MATH of it the next time Shevek or whomever carries on about how 'woke' everything's got because a woman was cast in a thing... and ask yourself how conducive that attitude is toward the survival of the fetish.
Last edited by Femina 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
shadowpowerslaver
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Femina wrote:
10 months ago

No look, I'm not jumping down your throat for your tastes or what brought you into the fetish.
Are you even listening? Or maybe you're aiming to be a politician who always makes his/her own statement again and again? I don't even interest in your taste or judgement about the movie. I believe you are neither sharing your reflecting inside nor talking anything technical useful. You're just making a statement about your position once again.
Last edited by shadowpowerslaver 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shadowpowerslaver wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago

No look, I'm not jumping down your throat for your tastes or what brought you into the fetish.
Are you even listening? Or maybe you're aiming to be a politician who always makes his/her own statement again and again? I don't even interest in your taste or judgement about the movie. I believe you are neither sharing your reflecting inside nor talking some thing technical useful. You're just making a statement about your position once again.
Do go back and read it. You'll find I'm talking very much about the 'passing' of the Golden Age of Ship. In that bit you quoted I was actually trying to apologize to you if my first response to you came off as mocking you for taking what enjoyment there is out of the Supergirl film. That wasn't my intention. The remainder of the post was just further examination of the topic at hand and less a direct response to you. Sorry for any confusion.
SHL
Producer
Producer

Ernie wrote:
10 months ago
SHL wrote:
10 months ago

I might be jaded but my inbox is full of “creative” ideas submitted by fans that usually sound something like this:

“What if she’s spanked, then turned upside down, then five guys walk in, then she falls from the moon, then they spank get again, then Batman walks in, then a skyscraper falls over”

Like yeah sure… that’s the one that’s going to send me over the top

A lot of people talk about this treasure trove of amazing ideas that exist that aren’t in films, magically - I’ve never been pitched one. I’ve tried to read some of the fiction on forum sites but I can never get passed a couple paragraphs before I simply mentally tap out

That’s not to be dismissive of potentially great writers that might be here and posting. But I’m not reading through all of them to find inspiration such as “guy blackmails heroine into being sex slave” which to my awareness is what Enthusiastic Participation is.

I'm glad you wrote this post. It's a nice distillation of the sneering condescension that animates so much of your commentary here. Reminds me a little of Logan.
I love that you keep getting so fired up and trying to make it personal, I’m not taking the bait

You’d maybe have some empathy if you were in my position. You are a visitor here - I live here. My life is consistently filled with costume making, sewing costumes, responding to emails from my customers, keeping people up to date in the forums with what I’m up too, reading post like yours to try and keep my fingers on the pulse with how people feel about the work, DMing agents and actresses about who I want to work with next, if they’d be up for it, if I can convince them to get costume measurements, editing films and projects, etc.

When I lay down at night I’m surrounded in my room with all my pending projects. Last night that was hand dyeing 8 corsets red for a variation of bust measurements with the intention of making another Wonder Woman costume that people will like, they all are on hangers circling around my bed as they dry

My email inbox is full of people who WANT something from me. They pitch me their ideas, some send me their stories, some send me their scripts, some offer to pay for customs, others tell me they are broke, despite that ‘sneering condescension’ you are so happy to try and use as an insult - I read everything anyone takes the time to send me. I’ve been directing these kind of films since I was 20. I’m now 36. I have used maybe 3 ideas anyone has ever sent me in that time. You can accuse me of being arrogant, but to me it simply becomes statistical fact that most people - don’t have good supeheroine story ideas.

I see that you are a writer, I didn’t know that when I wrote the original comment so I can see why you might be miffed that I don’t consider most of what I read on the internet good writing. Despite the multiple times here that you’ve tried to make it personal and attack me - I’m going to read your writing

And I don’t mean that I’m going to seek it out to ‘judge’ you. But I genuinely am looking for inspiration and good ideas. I seldomly find them.

One last thing I’d ask you to consider, in the face of all your criticism, both of the genres work and of me personally is this: some of my films projects take up months of my life. My last film took up 4 months of pre and post production this year (and even more time when I failed to make it last year)

When people ask me to take on their ideas, their stories, their customs (which for the sake of clarity I rarely do) what they are really asking for is months of my life. Cause that’s what I put into my work.

I know a lot of customers get angry about the price of these films, especially when they buy a lot and can’t find satisfaction in what’s available or coming. I know that $50 bucks is a lot of money, I’ve worked a variation of jobs and at multiple points in my life have been close to homeless. I am not flippant about other peoples money, especially when I am making a product and selling it

But considering I’ve been making these films for 16 years of my life and only keep giving more and more - I think it’s time to address the truth of the matter

Asking for us to take on your ideas is in fact asking us for at minimum a month of our life

These things don’t get made in a vacuum and just happen. Every project at some point feels impossible to get passes the finish line. Working with people is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. And you never know the outcome of a film, if it will sell, if people will like it. I can choose to spend my life making something I believe in, or take the chance spending my life making something you believe in

And here’s the last point I will make Ernie - You can insult me however you like but I am one of the only guys in the business who has any potential to make anything you might remotely like. Most of my peers are going to probably be sticking with customs (pies in the face, etc) some of my other peers are going to retire and age out (so long axel Braun) and when I look around… it doesn’t look like anyone else is steeping up to be the new and youthful talented director on the block.

So at a time when some notable directors are turning off their comment sections, I genuinely think at the very least you can find some way to be grateful, even just a sliver - that I’m over here reading what you have to say, taking my time to respond to it, dodging your insults and instead going to seek out your writing for inspiration.

To me anyway, that counts for something
Last edited by SHL 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
shadowpowerslaver
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Femina wrote:
10 months ago

Do go back and read it. You'll find I'm talking very much about the 'passing' of the Golden Age of Ship. In that bit you quoted I was actually trying to apologize to you if my first response to you came off as mocking you for taking what enjoyment there is out of the Supergirl film. That wasn't my intention. The remainder of the post was just further examination of the topic at hand and less a direct response to you. Sorry for any confusion.

I try to talk with something global and universal, no matter which film you favour. But what you did is descent this conversation into some details that connect with your own opinion or maybe bias. Perhaps that's the level you can reach or understand. So, you have nothing to apologize for, just don't do it again.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

saxman314 wrote:
10 months ago
Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
When's the last time you saw leg, skin or ass in one of these movies that wasn't Chris Hemsworth or Henry Cavil or Jason Mamoa? A solid pair of good boobs? One movie. A nice ass shot that was more than 3 seconds.
Has no one here watched The Boys?
THAT went away real quick. By second season you rarely saw any of that.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shadowpowerslaver wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago

Are you even listening? Or maybe you're aiming to be a politician who always makes his/her own statement again and again? I don't even interest in your taste or judgement about the movie. I believe you are neither sharing your reflecting inside nor talking anything technical useful. You're just making a statement about your position once again.
This ^^^
So yeah... THINK about this. REALLY think about it, think about just the MATH of it the next time Shevek or whomever carries on about how 'woke' everything's got because a woman was cast in a thing... and ask yourself how conducive that attitude is toward the survival of the fetish.
You can't replace fine Colombian Coffee with Foldgers Crystals and expect people to drink it.

Replacement theory is bizarre.
Vanilla is an ice cream flavor. Walnut is an ice cream flavor. They are both ice creams therefore you have to like both interchangeably cause you like ice cream.

I'm wondering if these people are so hung up on this replacement theory that they can no longer discern differences. :confused:
Last edited by Mr. X 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shadowpowerslaver wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago

I try to talk with something global and universal, no matter which film you favour. But what you did is descent this conversation into some details that connect with your own opinion or maybe bias. Perhaps that's the level you can reach or understand. So, you have nothing to apologize for, just don't do it again.
Thank's but no thanks for the silly chastisement. I'm talking about the topic at hand. It's not my problem if it offends you for vague reasons. I apologized for any offense I gave you personally because that wasn't my intent. I'll talk about the TOPIC in ANY way I see fit, because THAT was my intent. If my opinion on the topic offends you... I don't care.
Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
saxman314 wrote:
10 months ago
Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
When's the last time you saw leg, skin or ass in one of these movies that wasn't Chris Hemsworth or Henry Cavil or Jason Mamoa? A solid pair of good boobs? One movie. A nice ass shot that was more than 3 seconds.
Has no one here watched The Boys?
THAT went away real quick. By second season you rarely saw any of that.
Yeah it's also not REALLY a good source of Heroine peril idea's for the most part I think cause it's to............... mired in attempting to be a mixture of 'hardcore' violence and a misguided push to be some kind of realistic take on what superheroes would be. None of the superheroines in it fit with the ordinary 'naive and noble good girl' that floats most of our boats here... that might be an issue with a LOT of the Superhero stuff outside the Marvel/DC wheelhouse. They're maybe all trying to be a little too edgy to speak to us? We don't really see any 'Invincible' stuff about Atom Eve either... and I feel like she's plenty cute enough?
Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
You can't replace fine Colombian Coffee with Foldgers Crystals and expect people to drink it.

Replacement theory is bizarre.
Vanilla is an ice cream flavor. Walnut is an ice cream flavor. They are both ice creams therefore you have to like both interchangeably cause you like ice cream.

I'm wondering if these people are so hung up on this replacement theory that they can no longer discern differences. :confused:
Someone is hung up on something... but what you're talking about sure ain't replacement theory.

This is quite possibly your dumbest pithy one sentence refutation yet. People drink Foldgers. LOTS of people drink foldgers. They're MAKING Foldgers. For TEN years of MCU superhero films, they didn't make ANY superheroine films. Not a question of replacing 'Colombian Coffee' with something. For the analogy to hold, Colombian Coffee would need to have a monopoly on the Coffee industry. Then you'd be right! You can't expect ANYONE to drink a coffee brand that doesn't exist!
Last edited by Femina 10 months ago, edited 4 times in total.
SHL
Producer
Producer

IMO The Golden Age of this Thread... has passed
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

SHL wrote:
10 months ago
Agreed.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
10 months ago
This is quite possibly your dumbest pithy one sentence refutation yet. People drink Foldgers. LOTS of people drink foldgers. They're MAKING Foldgers. For TEN years of MCU superhero films, they didn't make ANY superheroine films. Not a question of replacing 'Colombian Coffee' with something. For the analogy to hold, Colombian Coffee would need to have a monopoly on the Coffee industry. Then you'd be right! You can't expect ANYONE to drink a coffee brand that doesn't exist!
Wow! You complain about Shevek with his woke conspiracies yet you have this bizarre conspiracy mentality that any numerical imbalance = skullduggery (but only when men and whites do it).

Also you completely missed my point about the coffee. You can't REPLACE someone's fine coffee with foldgers and expect them to drink it. REPLACE. I never said NO ONE drinks Foldgers.

Its like you have some preprogrammed nonsense, specially pleaded arguments in your head and you just spew them and you NEVER read what people write or listen to what they say. Are you an 8 track tape player or a person? Like you're so ready to just rebel rebel rebel and you don't think.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago
Wow! You complain about Shevek with his woke conspiracies yet you have this bizarre conspiracy mentality that any numerical imbalance = skullduggery (but only when men and whites do it).

Also you completely missed my point about the coffee. You can't REPLACE someone's fine coffee with foldgers and expect them to drink it. REPLACE. I never said NO ONE drinks Foldgers.

Its like you have some preprogrammed nonsense, specially pleaded arguments in your head and you just spew them and you NEVER read what people write or listen to what they say. Are you an 8 track tape player or a person? Like you're so ready to just rebel rebel rebel and you don't think.
I didn't miss your point. You didn't HAVE a point. You dropped a pithy nothing analogy, as you do, and I called out that your analogy was stupid because it doesn't apply. You ALSO completely ignored the POINT of my entire post, which was talking about how these numbers might be affecting the FETISH, in order to defend that somehow these numbers don't mean anything. I'm sorry if you can't do math or understand how such things affect the universe.
Last edited by Femina 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
SHL wrote:
10 months ago
Agreed.
We need to golden shower this golden age thread....open wide!!!
shadowpowerslaver
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Femina wrote:
10 months ago

Thank's but no thanks for the silly chastisement. I'm talking about the topic at hand. It's not my problem if it offends you for vague reasons. I apologized for any offense I gave you personally because that wasn't my intent. I'll talk about the TOPIC in ANY way I see fit, because THAT was my intent.

You did not offend me. You simply irritated me. Because you say "apology" but don't mean it, and sometimes your tone makes me quite uncomfortable. Certainly, you have the right to say whatever you want. My suggestion is we drop this conversation immediately and call it a fifty-fifty mistake. Otherwise, we're ruining the atmosphere here.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shadowpowerslaver wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago

Thank's but no thanks for the silly chastisement. I'm talking about the topic at hand. It's not my problem if it offends you for vague reasons. I apologized for any offense I gave you personally because that wasn't my intent. I'll talk about the TOPIC in ANY way I see fit, because THAT was my intent.

You did not offend me. You simply irritated me. Because you say "apology" but don't mean it, and sometimes your tone makes me quite uncomfortable. Certainly, you have the right to say whatever you want. My suggestion is we drop this conversation immediately and call it a fifty-fifty mistake. Otherwise, we're ruining the atmosphere here.
Oh cry me a river. You know what makes ME uncomfortable is how fast you decided to grow 'uncomfortable' because I talked about the topic.

I need to walk around on eggshells now in case anything we write no matter how relevant it is to the topic at hand might make somebody uncomfortable? What's next? I guess Shadowpowerslaver ought to reach out to the Moderators to have me banned for disturbing their alarmingly delicate comfort zone. That'll serve me and ANYONE with an opinion!!!!

I agree with consensus. This topic has devolved to just a bunch of bullshit. Just lock it down before somebody gets a booboo
Ernie
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

SHL wrote:
10 months ago
You’d maybe have some empathy if you were in my position. You are a visitor here - I live here. Etc.

It'd be nice to see more of this guy and less of the one I've been arguing with. Have you read through your earlier post I quoted? You managed to insult fans, writers and Rye, pretty much all in one breath. I can give you the benefit of the doubt and accept that you didn't intend to insult people, but it's pretty easy to read it that way. I appreciate you taking the time to spell out your thoughts in a more congenial way this time.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So...

When was the SHIP golden age?

Who were the main players (producers and talent)?

What one or two or five videos (or more if you want) from this age were the cream of the crop, and...

what content was in them that made them great, and are the main elements people miss from the golden age and want again but can't get now?
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe we could also ask what had to change and why? Some formulas work better than others.

For example, why is female cheese cake in these movies so discouraged yet I just watched a Vegas pride parade with topless women and trans marching in front of kids. Not sure why we can't have a busty Wonder Woman with cleavage or some nice booty shots or some legs or something. I don't see how it could be a sexual objectification issue or self esteem issue when this sex stuff is literally everywhere and kids are being exposed to it. Plus there isn't an issue with shirtless buff dudes being in these movies.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I haven't locked it down because there are still some good questions and points being asked and made. Stop making it about the ego and focus on the topic.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
Maybe we could also ask what had to change and why? Some formulas work better than others.

For example, why is female cheese cake in these movies so discouraged yet I just watched a Vegas pride parade with topless women and trans marching in front of kids. Not sure why we can't have a busty Wonder Woman with cleavage or some nice booty shots or some legs or something. I don't see how it could be a sexual objectification issue or self esteem issue when this sex stuff is literally everywhere and kids are being exposed to it. Plus there isn't an issue with shirtless buff dudes being in these movies.
This would be a great topic in Misc forum as a new thread titled "Mr. X's well known pet peeve" or "Female cheese cake golden age has passed." Another good topic for Misc forum would be "For the millionth time not all ice creams are the same." And maybe something about crayon colors. :cap:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

goldenage.jpg
goldenage.jpg (121.04 KiB) Viewed 17920 times
Today is sure a golden age for someone - can't quite figure out who - but someone.
Ernie
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

theScribbler wrote:
10 months ago
Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago

This would be a great topic in Misc forum as a new thread titled "Mr. X's well known pet peeve" or "Female cheese cake golden age has passed." Another good topic for Misc forum would be "For the millionth time not all ice creams are the same." And maybe something about crayon colors. :cap:
Gold star, Scribbler. Front of the class!
spandex4fun
Sargeant
Sargeant

You mind as well do it now since it already at that point.
MightyHypnotic wrote:
10 months ago
I haven't locked it down because there are still some good questions and points being asked and made. Stop making it about the ego and focus on the topic.
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
SHL
Producer
Producer

Ernie wrote:
10 months ago
It'd be nice to see more of this guy and less of the one I've been arguing with. Have you read through your earlier post I quoted? You managed to insult fans, writers and Rye, pretty much all in one breath. I can give you the benefit of the doubt and accept that you didn't intend to insult people, but it's pretty easy to read it that way. I appreciate you taking the time to spell out your thoughts in a more congenial way this time.
I think half the battle you are fighting is in how you are reading it and not what I wrote or meant by it. So to some degree I think your conflict isn’t even with me, just the me that lives in your head

I didn’t insult Rye. Enthusiast Participation is a blackmail film, just like Scream is a horror film, just like Terminator 2 is an action film.

I was simply pointing out that telling someone to find inspiration by reading tons of fan fiction/stories written in the forums and using Enthusiastic Participation as the singular example of it working - is a bad example. That says nothing of the quality of the film, but everything to do with the simplicity of genre.

Like why should I read pages and pages of stories when instead someone can just write an elevator pitch: “Mastermind geek finds clever way to blackmail Superheroine into sex slavery”… that’s it. That’s the pitch. I don’t need to read a novel to get there.

But that isn’t what people pitch. People pitch details - “your films would be better with nude legs and cream pies”

And for clarity - as I think I’ve done here time and time again - I am insulting the community (that criticizes the work but offers no good ideas) and writers (that think their ideas are so much better than what happens in fetish films).

There is a presumption that directors and producers are purposely ignoring good story telling. And I think I’ve made this point earlier but I’ll say it again for clarity - with whose money?

Most of the stories written in these forums would require 6 figure budgets to be made into films. And I know I made this point earlier but again, I’ll say it again - if a story doesn’t work in a properly formatted script of less than ten pages… it isn’t happening. And that’s not because me (or any other director) can’t write or tell a compelling story. Ten pages of properly formatted script are simply the limit of what someone can shoot in a single day, hoping to make a profitable film

It’s not even a matter of opinion. That’s a human limit thing.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
goldenage.jpg
Today is sure a golden age for someone - can't quite figure out who - but someone.
No one here is arguing that it's not sad that We are commonly inundated with 'Chris' pecks and get no female chessecake. We all share your disappointment with this I PROMISE you.

I know you don't like math or reading anything I write involving numbers and how they effect your probabilities of getting the things you want if my words in any way involve the mention that maybe the gender split isn't actually perfectly fine and balanced in spite of reality.... but... When you have 32 films, and 30 of them star men and are heavily male dominated you have at least a 30 out of 32 chance of seeing male dominated cheesecake over female cheesecake (and as many of the men staring in these movies are named Chris, it also means we're more likely to see CHRIS related cheese!). I don't know how else to say it. You need stuff PERIOD to derive more stuff from it.

I know and acknowledge that there's no 100% guarantee that if half of those 32 movies were superheroine movies that we'd have gotten more female centric cheese, but one really must at least accept the possibility that it'd be more likely than in this reality wherein only 2 of those 32 films are staring a superheroine? It only took DC one movie to add a little bit. Wonder Woman isn't without glamorous shots of Diana's legs and shit.

Is this REALLY such an impossible concept to internalize!?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
10 months ago
Wonder Woman isn't without glamorous shots of Diana's legs and shit.
Nah... done arguing with this. Believe whatever you want.
Last edited by Mr. X 10 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
Ernie
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

SHL wrote:
10 months ago
Ernie wrote:
10 months ago
I think half the battle you are fighting is in how you are reading it and not what I wrote or meant by it. So to some degree I think your conflict isn’t even with me, just the me that lives in your head

I didn’t insult Rye. Enthusiast Participation is a blackmail film, just like Scream is a horror film, just like Terminator 2 is an action film.

I was simply pointing out that telling someone to find inspiration by reading tons of fan fiction/stories written in the forums and using Enthusiastic Participation as the singular example of it working - is a bad example. That says nothing of the quality of the film, but everything to do with the simplicity of genre.

Like why should I read pages and pages of stories when instead someone can just write an elevator pitch: “Mastermind geek finds clever way to blackmail Superheroine into sex slavery”… that’s it. That’s the pitch. I don’t need to read a novel to get there.

But that isn’t what people pitch. People pitch details - “your films would be better with nude legs and cream pies”

And for clarity - as I think I’ve done here time and time again - I am insulting the community (that criticizes the work but offers no good ideas) and writers (that think their ideas are so much better than what happens in fetish films).

There is a presumption that directors and producers are purposely ignoring good story telling. And I think I’ve made this point earlier but I’ll say it again for clarity - with whose money?

Most of the stories written in these forums would require 6 figure budgets to be made into films. And I know I made this point earlier but again, I’ll say it again - if a story doesn’t work in a properly formatted script of less than ten pages… it isn’t happening. And that’s not because me (or any other director) can’t write or tell a compelling story. Ten pages of properly formatted script are simply the limit of what someone can shoot in a single day, hoping to make a profitable film

It’s not even a matter of opinion. That’s a human limit thing.
I knew it. I knew it. I should have known better. A little peace offering. A little "yeah, we have some common ground." I knew it would fly back in my face. I knew it and I did it anyway.

Newsflash, Damien - every story on this site isn't a potential script for your precious regal yea or nay. They are their own art form. Most (mine included) are dreck, but they are stories written as stories for an audience that wants to read stories. (Since you indicated you would reads my stories, I removed all references to skyscrapers falling off the moon. You're welcome.)

God, you're full of yourself. Here's an idea - as a thought experiment, read through this entire thread, but every post of yours you attribute to a stranger. What do you think of that guy?
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would like to see a ten page properly formatted script of a SHIP video "that someone can shoot in a single day, hoping to make a profitable film." Anyone want to post one. Could be to a video that's already been shot and released.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
SHL
Producer
Producer

Ernie wrote:
10 months ago
I knew it. I knew it. I should have known better. A little peace offering. A little "yeah, we have some common ground." I knew it would fly back in my face. I knew it and I did it anyway.

Newsflash, Damien - every story on this site isn't a potential script for your precious regal yea or nay. They are their own art form. Most (mine included) are dreck, but they are stories written as stories for an audience that wants to read stories. (Since you indicated you would reads my stories, I removed all references to skyscrapers falling off the moon. You're welcome.)

God, you're full of yourself. Here's an idea - as a thought experiment, read through this entire thread, but every post of yours you attribute to a stranger. What do you think of that guy?
I made the peace offering first. Let’s not… re’write’ history.

For someone who writes stories you sure don’t seem to be able to read other peoples opinions without projecting your own.

I’ll leave it at that, as I think this thread and our communication has made it clear visible to any sore eyes who cares to read it that me and you fundamentally don’t get along as people. I have thick skin, you have thin skin, it isn’t a good pairing. (Maybe outside of a buddy cop comedy - buddy cop… buddy cop… Eureka! That’s it! A buddy cop supeheroine film!)

You can’t tell me to read through the fiction written on the forums for ideas and then throw it in my face that they weren’t intended to be film ideas. I don’t read these stories for inspiration… wasn’t that the problem? That this was a treasure trove of inspiration for films that I in fact neglected?

I am very confident. Full of myself? Well, maybe when it comes to being a director of Superheroine content… yeah sure, I am.

Can you imagine a superheroine fetish director who lacked confidence? Lol. I am guessing they don’t exist… as you kind of need confidence to have the audacity to make this shit to begin with

If I had to choose between being unsure and the willing victim of your criticism, or to be arrogant, confident, and successfully directing films… which one do you think I’m going to choose?

Goodbye Mr Seasame Street. I shall not respond to any more of your post, out of fear that I may end up being responsible for you quitting this forum again.

Hera bless all the little children

:ww1:
Ernie
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

SHL wrote:
10 months ago
You can’t tell me to read through the fiction written on the forums for ideas and then throw it in my face that they weren’t intended to be film ideas. I don’t read these stories for inspiration… wasn’t that the problem? That this was a treasure trove of inspiration for films that I in fact neglected?
Unbelievable. You did it again! I never said anything about reading stories for inspiration. Once more you have put words in my mouth that I never said. Just...wow.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I want to apologize to every SHIP writer in the community for bringing up the aspect of using SHIP fiction for SHIP films. If I knew Damien would denigrate our brilliant, smart, and creative community of SHIP writers I never would have brought the idea up. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ernie wrote:
10 months ago
SHL wrote:
10 months ago

I might be jaded but my inbox is full of “creative” ideas submitted by fans that usually sound something like this:

“What if she’s spanked, then turned upside down, then five guys walk in, then she falls from the moon, then they spank get again, then Batman walks in, then a skyscraper falls over”

A lot of people talk about this treasure trove of amazing ideas that exist that aren’t in films, magically - I’ve never been pitched one. I’ve tried to read some of the fiction on forum sites but I can never get passed a couple paragraphs before I simply mentally tap out

That’s not to be dismissive of potentially great writers that might be here and posting. But I’m not reading through all of them to find inspiration such as “guy blackmails heroine into being sex slave” which to my awareness is what Enthusiastic Participation is.

I'm glad you wrote this post. It's a nice distillation of the sneering condescension that animates so much of your commentary here. Reminds me a little of Logan.
Remember the rules about no personal attacks?
Ernie
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

MightyHypnotic wrote:
10 months ago
Ernie wrote:
10 months ago
SHL wrote:
10 months ago

Remember the rules about no personal attacks?
My bad. Apologies.
GWalb
Henchman
Henchman

Some one once described a certain so-called "Golden Age" as a group of writers who lived in the same City and all detested each other."
Sounds like this topic.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

GWalb wrote:
10 months ago
Some one once described a certain so-called "Golden Age" as a group of writers who lived in the same City and all detested each other."
Sounds like this topic.
xD aahahahahahahaha
Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago
Wonder Woman isn't without glamorous shots of Diana's legs and shit.
Nah... done arguing with this. Believe whatever you want.
I don't have to believe anything, I have math. :giggle:
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Just personally for me it's just that things seem to be stagnant for the most part. Every "new" video that comes out seems to re-use a theme or it's the same actress used in the last 6 videos. It gets really repetitive. I know that isn't the producers fault, but it's one of the main reasons I don't buy as much anymore, there just isn't the same wide range of talent there used to be. I think production quality has gone up quite a bit, but with that came major price increases that also turn off your average buyer/fan.

I also feel like there's a lack of simpler stuff, like my own personal favorites are much of Jim Weathers work. Put a sexy AF Angela Sommers in a 60s BG costume and tie her up in old school Batman peril with a vibrator strapped to her suit and we are good to go. The older Rachel Steele WW vids, "Oh it's basically like the show, but this time the villains actually tie her up and have a go at her sexually, sign me up!" Another reason I bought the first SHL "Lo-Fi" vid and am looking forward to more of them, because sometimes that content is just perfect and there isn't a lot of it anymore. I also don't like that in a lot of the new stuff the majority of the costume is usually off halfway through the video and it's just a girl getting gang banged or given a slime facial with a fake cock, no longer really a "superheroine" to me. I'm also a fan of KOs and lingering scenes of the sexy KO'd heroine and decent fight scenes, so it's not always bout the sex stuff.

Just my two cents. For further reference I guess, the only producers I really purchase from these days are Ultra Heroix and SHL, and the occasional clip on C4S that catches my interest, if Jim Weathers releases any new BG stuff or Kendra James has a good looking Batwoman vid.
CaliLogan
Producer
Producer

What makes you say I think Im too good to be here? I love the SH genre and this forum. Yes, its true, I no longer look 18. Turns out that happens sometimes in your 40s. You'd think after 22 years of having my looks critiqued and criticized Id be used to rude comments like that (which I am to an extent) I just didnt expect it from a place like this where people tend to be more respectful towards each other.

As far as content goes, my last decade+ as a producer has taught me that you simply cant please everyone. I get complaints that my content isnt hardcore enough, then I get the opposite feed back from someone else who is upset that I sucked a dildo as batgirl. So I just produce stuff I like and that sells well enough to keep the studio lights on & pay the crew. Its a simple formula.

Hope you all find what youre lookin' for. xoxo
CIA wrote:
10 months ago
Great topic! For me the peak was probably the Tanya Danielle, Paris Kennedy, Hollywood years. Loved the costumes and the bodies- fit, huge boobs and tight asses. There's so much content from that era it's incredible. I'm excited to see what clever producers can come up with AI to superimpose those sort of girls into other films. For me real sex is a must with emphasis on bondage.

The problem with producers today is that the girls they seem to hire aren't nearly as fit and attractive. It's rare to see someone with a real rockin body and sex appeal. Most of the girls act like they're too good to be there. Cali Logan is a prime example. She was super hot when she was younger but her looks have faded along with the quality of her videos. I could go on. Paris Dylan could have been one of the greats but stopped her career prematurely. The queen for me (maybe it's my age) is Lynda is the original TV series. I would pay huge money to see someone replicate some of those episodes with a AI model and hardcore scenes.

You guys are a great resource. I appreciate your forum.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Cali, You are a LEGEND amongst us fetish cosplay/roleplay groups, all of my girlfriends and myself admire everything you do and you have really set the bar on being purple Batgirl!!!! 💜 Keep doing what you do(&what gets done to you!!)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Paris Dylan married Don McClean from American Pie fame. I think she does have an OF page.

Cali Logan has been a strong producer for years and has good guests as well. I'm sure she has something in her library for anyone's taste. Same with Christina Carter.
SHL
Producer
Producer

CaliLogan wrote:
5 months ago
What makes you say I think Im too good to be here? I love the SH genre and this forum. Yes, its true, I no longer look 18. Turns out that happens sometimes in your 40s. You'd think after 22 years of having my looks critiqued and criticized Id be used to rude comments like that (which I am to an extent) I just didnt expect it from a place like this where people tend to be more respectful towards each other.

As far as content goes, my last decade+ as a producer has taught me that you simply cant please everyone. I get complaints that my content isnt hardcore enough, then I get the opposite feed back from someone else who is upset that I sucked a dildo as batgirl. So I just produce stuff I like and that sells well enough to keep the studio lights on & pay the crew. Its a simple formula.

IMO you look better now than you did then. And for what it’s worth I’ve never been given the impression you were ‘stuck up the nose’ from how you conduct yourself online. He probably is just angry that ‘woman (caveman grunt) don’t like me’
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

CaliLogan wrote:
5 months ago

CIA wrote:
10 months ago
Great topic! For me the peak was probably the Tanya Danielle, Paris Kennedy, Hollywood years. Loved the costumes and the bodies- fit, huge boobs and tight asses. There's so much content from that era it's incredible. I'm excited to see what clever producers can come up with AI to superimpose those sort of girls into other films. For me real sex is a must with emphasis on bondage.

The problem with producers today is that the girls they seem to hire aren't nearly as fit and attractive. It's rare to see someone with a real rockin body and sex appeal. Most of the girls act like they're too good to be there. Cali Logan is a prime example. She was super hot when she was younger but her looks have faded along with the quality of her videos. I could go on. Paris Dylan could have been one of the greats but stopped her career prematurely. The queen for me (maybe it's my age) is Lynda is the original TV series. I would pay huge money to see someone replicate some of those episodes with a AI model and hardcore scenes.

I think some people forget that content creators are not necessarily in it for the money, but at least partly in it because they like it. I know a lot of models were in it for a paycheck, but the ones like Cali are sticking around because they like the genre. I think Cali is one of the best Batgirls out there, she looks the part and she get the right vibe. One of my favorite peril videos is Cali tied up in filling tub. A beautiful lady having fun on camera.

When I started writing stories, I asked for ideas. What I realized, really fast, was I wasn’t turned on by most of the suggestions I received. And then people would expect something. I really give props to the people that make customs. It must be agonizing getting the little details that press the buyer’s buttons. I find it is much easier to write what I want to read than to cater to the tastes of others.

I think a lot of models have moved over to only fans because they can deliver what they want to their niche market without the hassles of places like clips4sale dictating what artists can do. AI is going to change it even more, but not for a couple years. The critics are welcome become producers…

Cali, you are still one of the best models out there.
shevek
Producer
Producer

CaliLogan wrote:
5 months ago
What makes you say I think Im too good to be here? I love the SH genre and this forum.

Cali - I 'found what I was looking for' long ago, when I snapped up a bunch of your transformation videos from C4S, and I own more than a dozen of your vids. Watching content like yours (and many others of a similar nature going back 20 years, including George Perez whom you have worked with, and your vids with Paris Kennedy etc) was the inspiration to begin our own PG-13 superheroine series in 2016.

Never stop, you are beyond gorgeous, and I could tell you were always one of those actress-producers dedicated to the SHIP aesthetic.
Truly a real-life "Impressive Girl" and "Amazing Girl"! (if you remember those two)
CaliLogan
Producer
Producer

Thank you so much! It means a lot and Im so glad you have been able to enjoy your fetish for many years. Cheers to many more!
shevek wrote:
5 months ago
CaliLogan wrote:
5 months ago
What makes you say I think Im too good to be here? I love the SH genre and this forum.

Cali - I 'found what I was looking for' long ago, when I snapped up a bunch of your transformation videos from C4S, and I own more than a dozen of your vids. Watching content like yours (and many others of a similar nature going back 20 years, including George Perez whom you have worked with, and your vids with Paris Kennedy etc) was the inspiration to begin our own PG-13 superheroine series in 2016.

Never stop, you are beyond gorgeous, and I could tell you were always one of those actress-producers dedicated to the SHIP aesthetic.
Truly a real-life "Impressive Girl" and "Amazing Girl"! (if you remember those two)
CaliLogan
Producer
Producer

Thank you!! OF definitely has changed the way producers are able to hire models. I do understand the appeal of being more independent. I have an account but its not my favorite. Maybe Im just old school & my age is starting to show. I like real books with paper pages too lol.
sneakly wrote:
5 months ago
CaliLogan wrote:
5 months ago

CIA wrote:
10 months ago

I think some people forget that content creators are not necessarily in it for the money, but at least partly in it because they like it. I know a lot of models were in it for a paycheck, but the ones like Cali are sticking around because they like the genre. I think Cali is one of the best Batgirls out there, she looks the part and she get the right vibe. One of my favorite peril videos is Cali tied up in filling tub. A beautiful lady having fun on camera.

When I started writing stories, I asked for ideas. What I realized, really fast, was I wasn’t turned on by most of the suggestions I received. And then people would expect something. I really give props to the people that make customs. It must be agonizing getting the little details that press the buyer’s buttons. I find it is much easier to write what I want to read than to cater to the tastes of others.

I think a lot of models have moved over to only fans because they can deliver what they want to their niche market without the hassles of places like clips4sale dictating what artists can do. AI is going to change it even more, but not for a couple years. The critics are welcome become producers…

Cali, you are still one of the best models out there.
CaliLogan
Producer
Producer

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words :)
SHL wrote:
5 months ago
CaliLogan wrote:
5 months ago

IMO you look better now than you did then. And for what it’s worth I’ve never been given the impression you were ‘stuck up the nose’ from how you conduct yourself online. He probably is just angry that ‘woman (caveman grunt) don’t like me’