Madame Web (Sony, 2024)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
2 months ago
So do we KNOW that the silk writers room was reshuffled as a direct result of this film? Or is that just conjecture? All I've seen on it so far is that the writer's room got replaced to focus on a male audience. If the real reason is the former, and the later is just the current roadmap as result of the shift, it probably means we'll at least get a consistently presented COSTUME for Silk.
The chances of anybody who has been claiming this being in the know about this are less than zero, so assume it's bullshit.

The Silk writer's room firing seems to be tied to the writers strike.
The writers strike ended a while ago. There is no way someone can produce a stinker, zero profit movie and someone does not get the axe. Yes people get fired cause the stuff isn't selling. Yes there are real world consequences. Yes a direct cause and effect.

The problem is the world for nearly 2 decades was insulated due to the zero interest rate world. They could just borrow more money. My guess is, if money was expensive to borrow we wouldn't have gotten this sliding ramp of suckier movies. Now that interest rates went up, profits matter.
spikeeagle2
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

SHL wrote:
2 months ago
spikeeagle2 wrote:
2 months ago
If this is the case, unless they have a whole behind the scene feature on that, I am not really interested in what some reviewer described as "4 angry young women road trip..."
This film being described as 4 angry young women road trip is massively misleading

The 3 younger actresses actually try to impress a group of boys in the movie and even dance on a table in front of them

The movie is simply stupid and doesn't give us the moment of payoff in an origin film where the hero suits up - they avoided costumes at all cost essentially
I don't know, that's what someone said online.

But that wasn't the point for me, I think they have tricked the audience with a very well-polished and well targeted trailer and offer nothing of that in the movie. Like I said before, if you familiar with the gaming scandal (well, it wasn't a scandal per se, it's a scam) "the Day Before" you will understand what I mean.

Now for me is to see whether or not I should spend $30 of my money to see if what everyone said was true or pretended I have dodged a bullet for not seeing, I mean unlike the game scam, Hoyts (local cinema) will not refund my ticket like Steam.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 months ago
Dogfish wrote:
2 months ago
So do we KNOW that the silk writers room was reshuffled as a direct result of this film? Or is that just conjecture? All I've seen on it so far is that the writer's room got replaced to focus on a male audience. If the real reason is the former, and the later is just the current roadmap as result of the shift, it probably means we'll at least get a consistently presented COSTUME for Silk.
The chances of anybody who has been claiming this being in the know about this are less than zero, so assume it's bullshit.

The Silk writer's room firing seems to be tied to the writers strike.
The writers strike ended a while ago. There is no way someone can produce a stinker, zero profit movie and someone does not get the axe. Yes people get fired cause the stuff isn't selling. Yes there are real world consequences. Yes a direct cause and effect.

The problem is the world for nearly 2 decades was insulated due to the zero interest rate world. They could just borrow more money. My guess is, if money was expensive to borrow we wouldn't have gotten this sliding ramp of suckier movies. Now that interest rates went up, profits matter.
So it's conjecture then. Thank you that answers my question.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The problem which all these projects have is that unless you've got Tom Hardy, nobody gives a shit about a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man.

And to be honest, I'm not sure folks care that much about Spider-Man movies with Spider-Man either.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hey look! We found the entire 'modern audience' who went to see Madame Web! (the five anti-Gina protestors outside Vancouver Fan Expo)

This photo was captured within the past hour by Drunk C3PO who broadcast it on the Geeks & Gamers livestream which is still happening right now.

It's a joke, people. Plus that other thread was locked already.
gina carano protest.jpg
gina carano protest.jpg (52.67 KiB) Viewed 722 times
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Looking at the bright side. Without the movie, there won't be behind the scene shots such as this one...
Attachments
web.JPG
web.JPG (49.31 KiB) Viewed 676 times
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I watched the movie last night in the cinema. I thought it was quite okay. I definitely did not regret it and will buy the DVD later as well.
Still, I do understand that it migth have been different from what was advertized (I did not watch any trailers beforehand, since I knew I would watch it) and did not have a lot of costume scenes. Having more of that would have been a bonus, but mostly I simply would have prefered the three girls to be portrait as older and finding their powers in this movie as well. In general, I prefer seeing competent women in a movie over seeing kids.
On the plus side, the movie had good music and several interesting ideas.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Female led, not Miss Leading.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Marvel/Disney are trying to scapegoat Dakota Jackson as the cause.

She did seem to be taking PR lessons from Bree Larsen and anyone who is most known for 50 Shades of Grey should not throw stones at superhero movies

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/m ... and-expert
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
2 months ago

She did seem to be taking PR lessons from Bree Larsen and anyone who is most known for 50 Shades of Grey should not throw stones at superhero movies

What the fuck have Marvel and Disney got to do with Madame Web? It's one of those weird Sony efforts.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
2 months ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
2 months ago

What the fuck have Marvel and Disney got to do with Madame Web? It's one of those weird Sony efforts.
My error sorry
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

My short post about it incl. a video with all the Spider-girls scenes ...can be found on my blog now:

Yeah, a little late... but the disappointment about another opportunity kept me from posting about it earlier....
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...