What Star Trek Streaming Show is Best?

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I recently accidentally discovered I have Paramount Plus with my cable package. I loved the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, but I wasn't crazy about Voyager or Enterprise. I don't think being on a fledgling fifth network in primetime helped their cause. Of the Star Trek universe streaming shows, which show do you guys recommend the most?
Last edited by bushwackerbob 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

bushwackerbob wrote:
1 month ago
I recently accidentally discovered I have Paramount Plus with my cable package. I loved the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, but I wasn't crazy about Voyager or Enterprise. I don't think being on a fledgling fifth network in primetime didn't help their cause. Of the Star Trek universe streaming shows, which show do you guys recommend the most?
"Picard: Season 3" ignore the prior seasons and everything else. Especially if you're are a fan of the original TNG.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Strange New Worlds, very much the TOS feel to it, imho.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Strange New Worlds is great with all the references to the original series and first five movies. They get to do a lot of things that they couldn't get past standards and practices back in the 1960s. Plenty of fun as they fill in the gaps leading up to what will happen in the original series.

Picard's first two seasons are that back even if you have to wait until season 2 for the return of Q and finally finding out why he hated Guinan. The pilot is funny with Picard showing his age running up stairs. The second season is the return of the Borg. The third season brings back the Next Generation gang and their children.

I couldn't get into Discovery during the first season as it seemed to be too far from canon. There were some good parts, but the new means of travel broke too many things in the Star Trek universe.