SuperGirl vs Nuclearman movie...

General discussions about superheroines!
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Wow, ambitious Rye. I'm looking forward to seeing it. How are you planning on distributing it in once its released? Will one be able to download it?
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Since you are going to be using Supergirl and villains with similar superpowers... are you planning on having them fly :-k
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
Masmune
Henchman
Henchman

It sounds like you have things pretty well-formulated, but I thought I would throw in my 2 cents about this exciting movie.

First, I think the Phantom Zone scene in Supergirl is awesome, and I would love to see anything resembling it. I think it may be what piqued my interest in this genre in the first place.

Second, in terms of balance, I agree with the general sentiment that there should be a greater focus on action than nudity/sexual content. I guess I would add that I think you did a great job on the psychological elements of defeat in Avalon (and Superior Girl's nightmare for that matter), and so I would include that type of element in this project. Also, I think there can be a lot of sexuality without being explicit. I think others have referred to it as sexual tension, and I would say that my concept is innuendo and implication more than nudity. For example, a moan of weakness when overpowered can have a sexual tone to it, or the heroine can fall and writhe provocatively. I would say nuance and subtlety are the key. Not too obvious if it's not your thing, but noticeable if you're looking for it.

You're obviously very talented, so I can't wait to see what you do with this concept.

-Masmune

PS: The classic Helen Slater/leotard & skirt combo is definitely the way to go.
Rye
Producer
Producer

- yes there will be a download option

- Yes I plan on them flying :) How much is really the question though.

- The psychological aspect of this story is going to be far deeper than Avalon or Supernightmare, and far more tense for supergirl.

- a phantom zone setting is definately something I want to do.. We shall see how it plays out.

- Supergirl will initially lose, and try to make a come back 8)

kk, I can't give away anything more. :wink:
funkss
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Rye,

I'm fairly sure this would be a instant buy for me with a download option.

If at some point during the production you could post a picture of Supergirl in costume. I'm fairly sure it would turn that "fairly" into a "must" :)

Good Luck!
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

super_dude59 wrote:
superheroinebabes wrote:GOOD+
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
These outside shots remind me off the phantom zone scene from the supergirl movie, how about a recreation of the scene where supergirl falls into the muddy/slime pit, its been mentioned before in this thread. http://www.superheroineforum.com/viewto ... &hilit=mud
Or get supergirl fighting in some kind of dirty/dusty enviroments, getting her costume dirty and torn as she struggles in her fight? just a thought.

^ model looks perfect too
I agree, that's a MUST have scene! =D>
Stringy_Bell
Neophyte
Neophyte

I like the sound of this. The 1984 Supergirl film was what got me into heroine peril in the first place. The Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV series was also partly responsible, but I always preferred Supergirl. There was something about Helen Slater's combination of naivety and inner-strength that appealed to me as a kid. It says a lot that despite the film being a campy mess her believable portrayal remains the benchmark for heroine films.

So Rye, if there's any piece of advice I'd give you, it would be to stay true to Slater's portrayal in the 1984 Supergirl film. I'm not a fan of female villains, or multiple villains for that matter. Just have one baddie, and have he and SG meet several times. Nuclearman is a good baddie, given his powers and frightening demeanour . Maybe SG beats him at first, but then he turns the tables. But overall, please keep it simple. I'd rather see a really well done fist-fight with some wrestling moves thrown in, than a bunch of dodgy effects. Verisimilitude is the key - ask Richard Donner. Cast the right Supergirl, and you're halfway there. Big boobs aren't important; innocence and virtue are.

Sorry for rambling on, but I have high expectations of any Supergirl film. I liked bits of Avalon, but I think this project should (and could) be so much more.

Cheers,
Stringy Bell
Ashley J
Neophyte
Neophyte

Lynda was the best in her day. No coincidence they have not had another show or movie. No one to replace her...?
funkss
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Hey Rye,

Any update to this project that you can talk about?
Rye
Producer
Producer

The only updates I can give you are:

1. The next couple BFE episodes are going to lead into SG vs NM. Basically explains how the Nuclear team comes to be.
2. I am gathering shots of various locations I want in the movie.
3. The sound track is almost done ;)
4. It will likely be shot in August.

Rye
MOT
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

That's great that the wheels are already in motion:) Im
looking forward to this so much!
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Thanks for the update Rye.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Requests a thin, high heeled boot on Supergirl please! :D (Like she wore in the comics of the 70's)....I hate that argument that high heeled boots are hard to fight in blah blah....I want to see her fight with her high heeled boots ON! :lol: (And preferably no platforms either).

But very supportive of the Supergirl/Nuclear Girl confrontation...And DEFINITELY the older/original style costume.

Good luck with this project...sounds awesome!
MOT
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Hi Rye - I'm not sure if it's too late mentioning this - but do you think supergirl will have the S shield on her cape? It's often overlooked but I always find that quite an important part of the costume. Thanks!
scwank
Henchman
Henchman

This sounds like it is shaping up to be an AWESOME project. In my humble opinion, another important factor is the fabric of the costume. I dig the higher end looking stuff, as opposed to the stuff that looks like it was bought from a Halloween costume shop. Two examples of the good stuff are in the collage, above. These two:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/cf0ace84248097

http://www.imagebam.com/image/fa09b884248049
killorson
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I agree with the above "higher end" costume comment. As close as one can get to the one worn by Helen Slater in the movie.

At any rate, this project sounds great. Loving the script ideas, costume based on the movie, model, etc. I'm liking that Supergirl loses initially, then "tries" to come back. It was interesting how in Superman IV, no matter how many times he tried to fight Nuclear Man, he kept getting his butt kicked again and again.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

Supergirl should be bare legged and not some kind of nylons, I hate when these sites screw that detail up with both WW and Supergirl, their not wearing full body costumes that's part of why I prefer them to most others.
joser590
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Bare-legged all the way! I can't stand itchy tights or nylons. All they do is hide a nice pair of legs.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

With Other heroines they can work fine, but WW and Supergirl are clearly supposed to be bare legged.

Nylons that are flesh colored just come off as manipulative to me.

Nylons never appear to have been Rye's style so I'm not worried, just putting my 2 cents in.
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

dajinx1 wrote:I disagree, I think she should wear tights/pantyhose. Looks sexier in my opinion.

I agree....I love the look of a great pair of nylons and a good costume combined....I like how nylons also cover up any blemishes that might be visible on the models legs as well. Can't tell you how turned off I get when seeing a really hot looking model in a great superheroine costume, ruin it with tattoos appearing all over the flesh areas....And then to side with the bare legged look, I hate it when all of the "support" areas of nylons are visible, or the hose spill over the tops of the panties. It's just a cheap look photo shoot to me when that happens.

But still, I favor the nylon look over the bare legged....I'm just really picky about it. :D
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

I think bare legs are so much sexier than nylons, but that's just my opinion.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

I prefer tights or nylons myself but if Rye goes bare legged its okay as well.
jjy
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I don't care for nylons, and I don't think they should be anywhere near Supergirl. Especially a recreated Helen Slater image. Nylons and shiny, reflective costumes cheapen the realistic heroine look, in my opinion. Soft, light material seems to be more revealing, and also suits the HS look. The yellow cape shield is definitely huge, if possible, and flat, flexible boots would seem essential. I'm obviously bias here, but only because the intent to use the classic movie costume was stated.

Insanely excited for this, thanks for the updates, can't wait to hear more!
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

Regardless of what one prefer the Supergirl character is bare legged.
Rye
Producer
Producer

She will not be wearing nylons or leggings of any kind.
The actress I found has amazing legs and skin. It would be a damn shame to cover those up ;)

I don't mind nylons if they improve someone's look ( I.E. The actress doesn't have nice legs or skin, then nylons to the rescue! )
The only person that has any chance of wearing nylons will be NuclearGirl, and that is just because it goes with the costume idea I have.

If all goes as planned I might get the green light to film this in August.
I am still working out some of the green screen stuff but I am mostly ready.

Rye
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I am really looking forward to this epic :D But I must strongly support Gman2s comments about the boots, a good spikey heeled boot rather than a flat or platformed boot will make such a difference to the overall effect of the classic costume and I totally agree with Rye on the bare legs front, if the legs are good don't cover them but if the nylons help improve things then use them.

Can't wait!!!

Cheers
LT
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Sounds good Rye looking forward to this like everyone else. Hope we can get some pics of the ladies in costume when the time comes.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

What's Nuclear Girl's hair color gonna be?
Rye
Producer
Producer

Superheroinegirl22 wrote:What's Nuclear Girl's hair color gonna be?

Well there are many things still up for discussion and that is one of them.

Some of the other items are:

1. What should we call supergirl?
- I can't just make a similar costume and call her supergirl. Her name needs to be different like superiorgirl or superia, etc.
- I can have some villains reference her " A Supergirl" in the movie but we do need to call her something else.

2. Which aspects of the 1984 costume are least important and which are most important?
- I will make the costume close to Helen Slaters but it does need to differ in some ways.
- The spiked heal that was suggested is a good start.

3. Does supergirl's alter ego walk around in sexy tight fitting cloths, or does she look conservative?
- My personal preference is to dress her up sexy but that isn't a huge point for me.
- I would like to see her in a brown or black wig though.

Input?

BTW, I was bored one day and rearranged some supergirl movie clips and moved some of supergirl's moans/dialogue around.
I spent a whoppin 5 mins on it so don't expect anything amazing... just violent :)

[youtube][/youtube]
killorson
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

As far as the most important aspects of the costume, I would love to see the blue one-piece (or, at least keep matching solid blue under the skirt), the red skirt with yellow belt, the red boots with yellow top, and the red cape.

The switch to a heeled boot is a good switch that doesn't cause the costume to lose too much. The Starla video by Superheroineworld and the costumes on Madisteele, Heavenly Heroines, etc. tend to be about the look/quality I'd prefer to see.

As has been said though, as close to the Movie costume as possible is best. Changing the heel is good, because it doesn't take too much away.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

I never understood the making up different names, I just wanna see Supergirl.
blah3620
Neophyte
Neophyte

For #3, I would prefer some sort of conservative dress for the secret identity. I would also prefer the costume underneath the civvies and a transformation (not all blurred out at super-speed) with the regular clothes being slowly removed to reveal the Super costume underneath. Also, I prefer a brown or black wig as well.
joser590
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Superheroinegirl22 wrote:I never understood the making up different names, I just wanna see Supergirl.
Supergirl is a trademark of DC Comics.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Personally, I'm not a fan of having her wear high heels. Not because it changes the costume or anything like that, I've just never been a fan of them. But it's your video.
MOT
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Thanks for asking Rye! my two cents wold have to be:
Rye wrote:

1. What should we call supergirl?
- I can't just make a similar costume and call her supergirl. Her name needs to be different like superiorgirl or superia, etc.
My vote would be Superiorgirl....it's close enough!
Rye wrote: 2. Which aspects of the 1984 costume are least important and which are most important?
- I will make the costume close to Helen Slaters but it does need to differ in some ways.
- The spiked heal that was suggested is a good start.
The yellow v shaped belt and S shield on the chest and back of the cape are really important for me - also I'm personally never keen on a shiny costume - but a shapely nylon one is what really does it for me: )

Just my opinion! And as someone else said, it's your movie : )
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

On issue one, you can use the usual substitute names, Star Girl is what I'd use. For the costume I wouldn't change much the boots are probably the thing I care about the least. As to her secret identity, I think she can dress attractively but it should be toned down. After all she wants to distance herself from SG.
funkss
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I don't care about the name so long as the name allows the movie to be made.

As far as the costume goes I'd like to see the original costume adhered to as much as possible. One thing that I always like about the 1984 Supergirl was her wholesomeness. I really do think that the boots should not be spiked heels. I can live without the S on the chest as long as its some other logo. I also think the alter ego should wear loose clothes as well.

I understand the need to make something that will sell but we already have a number of videos with a more sexy supergirl. I was under the impression that the point of this video was to recapture what made us fall in love with the 1984 version of supergirl and throw her in to a situation that many of us dreamed would have happened.

As the rest of us have said though.........it's your movie.

All I ask is that once you decide on the costume and have the model try it on, that we get a sneak preview of it :)
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

Something we shouldn't overlook is the villain, nuclear man. I think it should be a big, muscular, physically imposing guy. Someone who is strong that could do a lot of lifts (possibly over his head) bearhugs and other overpowering moves and scenes. The costume should also be pretty good. The focus is on Supergirl but every good heroine needs a good dominating villain.
jjy
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

If I were to alter the original costume, it would only be to shorten the skirt some, and lower the belt, for a more modern look. If that's not enough of a change, than I suppose adding some heels to the boots is the next step. Agree with others about straying from overly sexy, in both costume and disguise.

Superiorgirl is probably the next best name.

I think Nucleargirl should be blond. Perhaps a different shade than Supergirl's hair. Lighter/white color or more red maybe. I understand that black hair would stand as her opposite, but a rival blond is good in itself, and mirrors the movie's Nuclear-motif.
funkss
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

[quote="jjy"]
I think Nucleargirl should be blond. Perhaps a different shade than Supergirl's hair. Lighter/white color or more red maybe.[/quote]

Yes, a redhead! A redheaded villain to supergirl would fill in that Selina niche where we secretly wished Selina tripumphed over Supergirl. That would do nicely.
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

Some ideas for names:
Super Gal
Super Dame
Sungirl
Solar Girl - which is kinda cool when her opponents are nuclear powered.
Masmune
Henchman
Henchman

Personally, in terms of the costume, the only "essential" for me is the blue one piece and the red skirt (in a similar style to the movie). For me, logo, cape, boots/shoes, belt are all gravy.

I kind of like Sun Girl or Solar Girl, maybe Star Girl. As dajinx1 suggests, it might be neat to have a radiation type theme, and when you think about it, it makes (pseudoscientific) sense. Sun Girl gets her power from the sun (fusion), but as the U.S. govt. can't properly replicate cold fusion, they create the Nuclear Man project based off of Star Girl's DNA, but using fission instead. So, Sun Girl and Nuclear Girl/Man are diametrically opposed in the sense of where their powers come from. It sounds kind of comic booky to me.

It also makes somewhat sense in that Supergirl gets her powers from the yellow sun's radiation.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts.

Let me know if you're looking for a novelization to be done. ;-)

Again, I'm very excited about this project!
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

joser590 wrote:
Superheroinegirl22 wrote:I never understood the making up different names, I just wanna see Supergirl.
Supergirl is a trademark of DC Comics.
If DC wanted to sue over this kind of thign, the S shield would be enough
Masmune
Henchman
Henchman

Oh, and I would go with the sexy villain costume. I like the idea of the heroine representing goodness and purity, while the villainess embraces her sexuality.

Again, just one opinion.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

I like that but not really for Supergirl, that's more a Sailor Moon type thing.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Masmune wrote:Oh, and I would go with the sexy villain costume. I like the idea of the heroine representing goodness and purity, while the villainess embraces her sexuality.

Again, just one opinion.

I agree...supergirl should be represented as pure and innocent...maybe even a Virgin...she is trying to do good while maintaing her integrity and her virginity!

The villainess should be the opposite...using her body and sexual prowess to overpower her victims..both men or women!
Rye
Producer
Producer

Great suggestions guys,

Oddly enough... the one thing that I want is supergirl's skirt to be yellow underneath just like the one Helen Slater had.

We are getting closer :)
scwank
Henchman
Henchman

For a site where the Supergirl character has great costume, check out supersexyheroines.com, if you haven't already (but not the odd one with the enormous "S" in the more recent story. The free comic book at the home of the front page has a more traditional SG costume that is awesome). Best costumes in the biz, bar none.