Your favourite Batgirl-Trap by Catwoman?

General discussions about superheroines!
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

No other villainess has given Batgirl so much trouble, apart from the evil Catwoman. Not once, but twice has the evil feline managed to capture and place Batgirl in a death trap.

Which is a more interesting peril to you?

The Pattern Cutter.
Kidnapped by Catwoman. With both hands and feet tightly bound, Batgirl helplessly struggles to escape but to no avail, as a big and strong henchman, named Angora, began to gag her, then effortlessly carried and craddled her in his arms, and laid her on a buzzsaw peril known as the Pattern Cutter.

The Cat's Whiskers.
Outnumbered by the Catwoman, Joker, and two of their strong goons, named Laugher & Giggler. Batgirl was roughly manhandled and overpowered by the two big-sized henchmen to the ground in mere seconds. As Catwoman explains to the Joker of this particular trap, the two goons set Batgirl up in the twine bondage, not seen onscreen.

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mmmm. A topic after my own heart!
The pattern cutter is my favorite....batgirl is gagged, roped, then strapped down....its awesome. When catwoman leans over her talking its almost like she was going to kiss her or run her hand down her skintight costume when she lays the flower between her perkiness..

I admit the struggle with the two henchmen in the catwhiskers is kinky....i just love the pattern cutter best
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I'd go with the Cat Whiskers because of the way she was captured, no knockout spray. She just got physically overpowered, which I'm sure must do a number on a superheroine's psyche.
Should she escape, she knows she's been physically defeated which must make her doubt her abilities as a superheroine.
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

IMSancho wrote:She just got physically overpowered, which I'm sure must do a number on a superheroine's psyche. Should she escape, she knows she's been physically defeated which must make her doubt her abilities as a superheroine.
That's a very good point. Batgirl has her fair share of good and bad in the series, and the Cat's Whiskers peril seems to showcase her at one of her bad moments (with regards to her abilities as a heroine as you've mentioned). Sometimes even the great Batman, together with fellow sidekick, Robin, got owned by henchmen, thus Batgirl was treated the same, if not, in a more harsh way -- being alone, outnumbered and ambushed by two men and got owned in just... 10 seconds. Apparently, the strength of two random big-sized goons was more than enough to keep a woman crimefighter down very quickly and for good, and with her fighting style which was restricted to just kicks, it didn't help her at all.

batgirl1969 wrote:Mmmm. A topic after my own heart!I admit the struggle with the two henchmen in the catwhiskers is kinky....i just love the pattern cutter best
I think both of these traps have their ups and downs. Pardon this long post, I just want to write something with regards to these two traps by Catwoman.

The Pattern Cutter definitely lasted longer (in reality, its supposed to last 20 minutes after the buzzsaw was activated, as mentioned by Catwoman).

Something I'd Like To See #1 for Pattern Cutter: is an extended scene of how Angora, the henchman, finished strapping Batgirl down to the machine (because as we all know, it ended just as soon as he laid her down and grabbed a belt to secure her legs). Nevertheless, I think what we got is good enough, seeing how we managed to see gagging in motion, and a distressed damsel being carried around. Most of the time in the TV series, they won't show how the heroes were placed in the traps after they were caught or gassed into unconsciousness.

Something I'd Like To See #2 for Pattern Cutter: is just 20 minutes of uninterrupted scene, focusing on how Batgirl tries to free herself from the Pattern Cutter (I really wish there was such a bonus scene!) From the start of the Pattern Cutter, Batgirl was seen struggling to escape but never managed to get loose, despite her hands were not tied behind her back. Those belts which were strapped on her legs and body must have been really, really tight. And man, that death flower which Catwoman placed on her bosom must have added to the weight, too. HAHA.

The Cat's Whiskers, on the other hand, was just at the start of its episode. And she managed to free herself just a few seconds after the villains left in their Kittycar. The only good thing about this (kinky) trap, is the capturing of an unexpected and unprepared Batgirl.

As far as outnumbering a helpless heroine, the Cat's Whiskers won over the Pattern Cutter. It was literally 4 against 1. A rather smart and dirty move by the villains; sabotaging her Batcycle which left her puzzled momentarily, then giving her a surprise greet from the front, distracting her from a more sinister act which would come from the back. The big, bulky Batcycle in-between her legs added more disadvantage to Batgirl, restricting her movements and slowing her down from reacting/moving away from being grabbed.

One thing I'd like to know is that, why isn't Batgirl screaming for help when the two men were busy wrapping her body up in the Whiskers. She stayed silent thoughout the time when her body was being entwined in bondage. She was not gagged, and the setting up was done in an opened area, where there's a slight chance of getting help, unlike in Pattern Cutter where she's gagged, and stranded alone in Catwoman's lair.

Something I'd Like To See #1 in Cat's Whiskers: is how the henchmen wrapped Batgirl up in the Cat's Whiskers. As we all know, once these two big guys pinned her struggling body down, the camera focused on both the Joker and Catwoman, as they both talked about the twine and other stuffs. Their talk lasted about 40 seconds or so, during which the two goons were happily setting Batgirl up in the bondage of Cat's Whiskers.

Something I Noticed: The twine was more wrapped up around Batgirl's upper body area, as compared to her legs.

Though Giggler secured Batgirl's ankles together, the Whiskers wasn't tied on them, but only around her knees. More and longer coils of Whiskers were wrapped around her body, especially around her bosom, arms and wrists. Laugher must have been really busy working on our bound beauty. I guessed it made much more sense, since its supposed to strangle her to death, as mentioned by Catwoman.

Something I'd Like To See #2 in Cat's Whiskers: is better execution. What if you were to re-do this trap, and how do you ensure that Batgirl won't escape or get loose without assistance, just like in the Pattern Cutter trap? Does anybody remember the trap whereby Batman & Robin would be stomped to death by a herd of cattles? The villain, Shame, was smart enough to securely pin the Dynamic Duo in one spot by fixing a stick to the ground, attached to the ropes which bound the heroes. This is the scene:

If such an idea was implemented onto the Cat's Whiskers, it would give Batgirl a much lower chance of escaping. These sticks would prevent Batgirl from rolling away from that designated spot, thus, unable to get near the Sprinkler Control at all! in addition to securing her in one position, a gag should be applied (just like in the Pattern Cutter). Now that there's no room for any movement or yelling for help, the only way out is by getting lucky, that there would be somebody passing by the lawn and saw Batgirl in a kinky predicament.

It depends on the viewers... I, myself, prefer a little bit of both. :mrgreen:
HeroineAddict
Neophyte
Neophyte

I agree with your points about both traps. Although they are both my favorite traps she was in, there were flaws with it that always bugged me. I don't understand why her hands were not tied behind her back in the pattern cutter trap. it would have made the situation so much more realistic and hopeless for her to get out. She wasn't able to escape anyway until Alfred saved her, so why not go the extra mile and show that her hands were tied behind her back when she sat up.

The twine trap I love but I agree she escaped too easily. However I can understand why they did what they did in order for her to get free. Remember, in the episode, Catwoman tells the Joker that she will be strangled to death in seconds, so it kind of makes sense that she would have to free herself rather quickly.

My third favorite trap was when she was tied to the rocket by the Joker. Once again, her hands should have been tied behind her back but it did give her the ability to stop the rocket from taking off so I guess her hands had to be free enough to reach her belt.

This leads me to my final point. The only trap that truly called for her hands being tied behind her back to make getting free impossible was the pattern cutter trap because it was written for her to be saved by Alfred where the others were written for her to escape herself. This is why the pattern cutter trap bugged me the most.
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

HeroineAddict wrote:I don't understand why her hands were not tied behind her back in the pattern cutter trap.
They were not?Well at least they looked like it for what it's worth. That was the reason why it remains my favourite Batgirl peril scene. She was given too much room to struggle in Cat's Whiskers, which brings it down a little.
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

HeroineAddict wrote:However I can understand why they did what they did in order for her to get free. Remember, in the episode, Catwoman tells the Joker that she will be strangled to death in seconds, so it kind of makes sense that she would have to free herself rather quickly.

My third favorite trap was when she was tied to the rocket by the Joker. Once again, her hands should have been tied behind her back but it did give her the ability to stop the rocket from taking off so I guess her hands had to be free enough to reach her belt.
Those are good points. I agree with you regarding the Joker's Rocket -- her hands somehow had to be loose to activate her Fuse Extinguisher, as required by the story/plot. However, the trap visual itself looks weak and can be easily escaped, as I will cover in a bit:

Batgirl doesn't seem bright enough to look for a way out when she was given the chance, even when the solution is right in front of her. She was probably too terrified of her currect situation that she overlooked these factors:

In this scene, before Batgirl was strapped down to the Pattern Cutter, she was seen sitting down on the floor, with her hands and feet bound together by a long piece of rope in front of her. The mistake that she did was pulling and stretching the bound, which probably could have made it even tighter? With her hands in front of her, she could have easily reached down and untie her feet first. Furthermore, while she was struggling, Catwoman and her two henchmen were not paying attention to her -- an opportunity for our bound beauty to free herself. But it seems that after all those futile struggling, she still ends up in the clutches of Angora.

In this scene, the viewers (and probably Batgirl herself, too) could see that the buckles are right in front of her. With her hands quite loose, she could have easily unbuckle herself from the rocket. Even if the buckle is stuck, her utility belt is easily accessible. She could have taken out any of her cutting tools or gadgets to free herself. But it seems that the plot doesn't allow that, as she fell into the clutches of henchmen yet again.

Zen10101 wrote:They were not?Well at least they looked like it for what it's worth.
Yup, there weren't tied. I noticed that she was able to get her hands out from her back just as soon as Alfred unbuckled the strap on her body. The believability of the trap is immediately lost, in my opinion. While she was struggling earlier, we could see that the straps can be tugged or pulled out, and when that happens, surely there's room for her to let her hands loose.

HeroineAddict wrote:This leads me to my final point. The only trap that truly called for her hands being tied behind her back to make getting free impossible was the pattern cutter trap because it was written for her to be saved by Alfred where the others were written for her to escape herself. This is why the pattern cutter trap bugged me the most.
Agreed. And I think this whole trap would make much more sense if, right from the start, her hands were tied on her back, and not the way she was bound as seen before she was gagged -- she could have easily escaped that front bound, as I've pointed above. However, if her hands were tied on the back, it could be used all the way till the very end, since her hands were indeed on her back while she was in the trap.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

This is a little off topic, but does anyone know if there is a place online to download these old episodes? I'm dying to watch all of the batgirl eps again!
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

ranger87 wrote:This is a little off topic, but does anyone know if there is a place online to download these old episodes? I'm dying to watch all of the batgirl eps again!
Usually if you type "Download Batman 1966 TV Series", the results will all be Torrent downloads. Google will give you various torrent sites with these old episodes.

As for watching online, this YouTube user named "FanOfBats" has actually uploaded all of the episodes on his channel. So, you can watch (all) the Batgirl episodes on YouTube too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fanofbats
djhooker85
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

If you have Firefox, to www.icefilms.info

At the main page it will ask you to download the DIVX web player and NEVER update it after it's installed. Icefilms has all the batman episodes as well as thousands of other tv shows and movies. It's awsome :D
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

I remember seeing an excellent compilation of Batgirl peril clips in one video on YT...too bad I can't find it now.
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:I remember seeing an excellent compilation of Batgirl peril clips in one video on YT...too bad I can't find it now.
I'm not sure if you're refering to this one, but I happen to make one compilation video quite some time back; and its supposed to be some sort of trailer promoting twof's Batgirl Bat Trap webpage -- with scenes of all the traps that Batgirl faced in Season 3, mashed into one video. But due to some unforseen circumstances, my Youtube channel was blocked/removed, thus, the compilation video is gone with the wind as well. :lol:
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

Biorider wrote:I'm not sure if you're refering to this one, but I happen to make one compilation video quite some time back; and its supposed to be some sort of trailer promoting twof's Batgirl Bat Trap webpage. :lol:
That must be it...I don't remember seeing another one. What a shame! That vid saved me the hassle of running through dozens of episodes looking for Batgirl...terrific job man. So you're no longer able to put it up again?
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:That vid saved me the hassle of running through dozens of episodes looking for Batgirl...terrific job man. So you're no longer able to put it up again?
Thanks for your kind words.

Unfortunately, I don't have my original masterpiece with me anymore. But I'm thinking of compiling and reposting it again, since there wasn't any problem with the video. The reason the Youtube channel was removed was because of other things not related to Batman/Batgirl videos at all. So, one of these days I'll re-make and re-up it again.
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

Biorider wrote:So, one of these days I'll re-make and re-up it again.
Me and the swarms of Bat fans will patiently await. 8)
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

I felt like thanking you for that Supergirl gif, and I found this little gem:

Would you happen to have seen this before? The costume looked pretty authentic and I would love to find the video for this :)
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

You're most welcome.
Zen10101 wrote:Would you happen to have seen this before? The costume looked pretty authentic and I would love to find the video for this :)
I think I've seen it somewhere before, probably in the early pages of the Batgirl Bat Trap webpage. All the while I thought its some kind of photoshopped picture, no? But it doesn't matter now. Haha.

Man, I wonder what this little trap is called. Does it even have a name given by the original person who crafted this idea? Or any fan-made names spreading online?

It can now be a three way battle of Catwoman's Traps! (that black figure is her, right?)
Pattern Cutter vs Cat's Whiskers vs _________.
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

Zen10101 wrote:I felt like thanking you for that Supergirl gif, and I found this little gem:

Would you happen to have seen this before? The costume looked pretty authentic and I would love to find the video for this :)
MORE Info & PICs here:
http://www.superheroinebabes.com/Batgir ... page03.htm
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

superheroinebabes wrote:
Zen10101 wrote:I felt like thanking you for that Supergirl gif, and I found this little gem:

MORE Info & PICs here:
http://www.superheroinebabes.com/Batgir ... page03.htm
Oh my God......how did i ever miss this....that batgirl is one lucky girl.....catwoman missed a perfect opportunity there for sure......can anyone say magicwand?
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Rather than reminisce about Batgirl's perils, experience them again. A kids cable TV channel called Hub is airing the 1960's Batman series. They air one episode only, Mondays thru Thursdays at 11:30 pm Eastern. If I did the math right, Batgirl will make her entrance on Thursday, March 24.

Here's the link to Hub's website: http://www.hubworld.com/tv-schedule

Time to make space on those DVRs!
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:
Biorider wrote:So, one of these days I'll re-make and re-up it again.
Me and the swarms of Bat fans will patiently await. 8)
Head over to the Videos section. I have re-created my compilation video, now longer than the previously-removed version. Hope you all will like it. Now, no more hassle. :-D

Thread - Batgirl Compilation (Traps & Perils)
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

But you removed it. :o
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

tmon wrote:But you removed it. :o
Hang in there for a few minutes; I'm editing the video, because I realised that I've missed out one trap. #-o
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I torrented all of season 3 just for batgirl. Thanks, guys!
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

Speaking of Batgirl and Catwoman, Biorider, do you happen to remember an episode of Batman TAS which focused on the two of them working together? I think it's "Batgirl Returns" from season 3. They were outnumbered at one point and got into some bondage; I recall Batgirl fighting with her hands tied to her back, until the goon caught her leg :lol:

Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:Speaking of Batgirl and Catwoman, Biorider, do you happen to remember an episode of Batman TAS which focused on the two of them working together? I think it's "Batgirl Returns" from season 3.
Yup, you're absolutely right! Great addition to this thread, even though a cartoon, its still Batgirl/Catwoman related! I would say that the girls-in-trouble situation in this episode was divided into two parts -- the first when both ladies boldly entered a men's club called the "Stacked Deck", got disturbed and attacked by a bunch of them, while the second one was when the two of them got captured by Roland Daggett, the boss in the episode.

Batgirl momentarily caught by a random guy inside the Stacked Deck:

Catwoman pinned down by another random guy inside the Stacked Deck:

I wished the classic Yvonne's Batgirl had this kind of episode/scene -- where she (alone) just confidently (and foolishly) entered a hideout occupied by men, just for the sake of looking for clues [usually when Batgirl had infiltrated into a criminal's hideout, there would be one henchgirl standing around, or Batman already there]. A very long Batgirl fight scene could then be carried out, but with an endless number of goons keep coming for her, our heroine eventually tire herself out and found herself trapped yet again.

Anyway, back to Batman TAS, this is moments later, when both ladies got captured by the boss and his men.
They were brought over to another location, and had their hands tied:

Zen10101 wrote:They were outnumbered at one point and got into some bondage; I recall Batgirl fighting with her hands tied to her back, until the goon caught her leg
And here's the best part -- Wrong move, Batgirl!

Overall, a nice TAS episode featuring both Batgirl & Catwoman.

Speaking of Catwoman, in an episode titled "Almost Got 'Im", she was captured by the Joker, got tied up, and placed onto a conveyer belt by Harley Quinn, inside a Catfood warehouse. This trap was somewhat similar to the classic Pattern Cutter! [Catwoman herself, on the Pattern Cutter, imagine that!]

Now, time to find a cosplay group to re-enact this cartoon episode into real life!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wow...looks like Harley was about to peel that mask off of catwoman....i agree would love to role play these....especially fun with a hot harley
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

Holy cow, Batman! This guys knows EVERYTHING Batgirl related :-)

That was hella impressive Bio =D> Do you have the entire series on dvd, and took the screenies yourself?If you have a little bit of time on your hands I really hope you wouldn't mind uploading those scenes...they're nowhere to be found on streaming sites :wink:
Biorider wrote: And here's the best part -- Wrong move, Batgirl!
THIS scene really struck me hard, it is my most vivid memory of the episode after so many years. I don't know why...maybe it's the surprise that she was kicking ass one moment(literally), and like you said, one wrong move and she realized she was done for. Maybe it's just her rocking curvy bod :P
Biorider wrote: Speaking of Catwoman, in an episode titled "Almost Got 'Im", she was captured by the Joker, got tied up, and placed onto a conveyer belt by Harley Quinn, inside a Catfood warehouse. This trap was somewhat similar to the classic Pattern Cutter! [Catwoman herself, on the Pattern Cutter, imagine that!]
Ah ha!I remember this too. I've never liked Catwoman as much as Batgirl but that scene was enough to leave an impression. There seems to be a little loophole here...in that she wasn't strapped to the belt. I remember wondering the whole time why she wouldn't just try to roll sideways for an escape :lol:

Really thankful for your informative posts bio, you're the ace contributor of Batgirl material - I feel like I'm visiting the forum just to harass you for Batgirl stuff :-D In fact she is fast becoming my favourite heroine, but Helen Slater is keeping that spot with her bare legs :wink:
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:Holy cow, Batman! This guys knows EVERYTHING Batgirl related
I wished I can live up to that title, but there are still a lot of Batgirl-stuffs which I've yet to watch -- such as the other new-age cartoons (The Batman, Batman: The Brave & The Bold), the Birds Of Prey live-action which has very few flashbacks of Batgirl, and random great Batgirl cosplayers. Before you posted that great Japanese video, I have never heard of that Akiba / Bat Lady. So, thank you for introducing another Batgirl into my Bat-library. :-)

Zen10101 wrote:That was hella impressive Bio =D> Do you have the entire series on dvd, and took the screenies yourself?If you have a little bit of time on your hands I really hope you wouldn't mind uploading those scenes...they're nowhere to be found on streaming sites :wink:
Thanks, it took me quite some time to get clear shot screenies; glad that you enjoyed them. Oh, I wished I could rip them off my dvds and upload the clips. However, I think these TAS episodes have some copyright issues? I dunno. A lot of episodes/scenes of TAS has been taken down over the years, and I'm kinda scared that uploading even a short random scene (of Batgirl) will jeopardise my Yvonne/Batgirl channel (furthermore, its a second channel because the first one got removed due to some BatmanTAS music videos, I think). Unless..... I rip the Batgirl TAS scenes, upload them but set the link to Unlisted, thus only those whom I provided the links with, can view the clips; and not by normal search on Youtube.

Zen10101 wrote: There seems to be a little loophole here...in that she wasn't strapped to the belt. I remember wondering the whole time why she wouldn't just try to roll sideways for an escape :lol:
It seems that this Cat-Trap has loopholes of both the classic Cat's Whiskers and Pattern Cutter. The sexy feline was tied up, but could actually roll away (like Batgirl in Cat's Whiskers, though she didn't do it in this episode), and she was not strapped onto the conveyer belt (a Pattern Cutter not done right). :lol:

Zen10101 wrote:In fact she is fast becoming my favourite heroine, but Helen Slater is keeping that spot with her bare legs :wink:
Good to hear. But I'm sure Supergirl will still top your list, since a personal favourite will be hard to get dethroned, due to some nostalgic or other reasons. Anyway, because of your great story-writing, Supergirl is fast becoming my favourite too (which got me to go Youtube and search for Helen Slater, and eventually made that animated gif), but Yvonne is keeping that spot with that killer bod filling that skin-tight purple Batsuit! Also, not forgetten her first class act during Bat-traps. :mrgreen:
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

Biorider wrote:such as the other new-age cartoons (The Batman, Batman: The Brave & The Bold), the Birds Of Prey live-action which has very few flashbacks of Batgirl
I don't think these new age series can compare to the old ones...I saw the new Batgirl comics lately and the suit is more scary than seductive, it's like the female version of the Batman Beyond suit. And The Batman can't hold a candle to TAS...today's cartoon seem less well drawn and, I don't know if it's the animators being overly PC, but the sex appeal in characters have greatly diminished, their figures becoming more cartoonish and unrealistic, and seem to take a more childlike appearance. So I don't feel you are missing much; I for one would rather reminisce TAS than watch the kiddie Batgirl they're drawing these days :x

ImageImage
Batgirl's curves and sexy legs...ALL GONE! :evil:
Biorider wrote:However, I think these TAS episodes have some copyright issues?
Effing WB :( Biorider, please disregard my request if it puts your account in jeopardy in any way. We would hate to lose that Batgirl compliation again :cry:

And you flatter me about my story, I'm a total amateur, just glad there's people who liked it :D I've also come to realize how much more authentic Batgirl peril/bondage material has been made compared to Supergirl; from Yvonne to the comics to TAS. I was hoping to see Ms Slater weakened by kryptonite and tied up just like in Batgirl's adventures; instead they chose to throw her into outer space mud :?
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

Honestly I ever found either Batgirl or Catwoman sexy on the 90s Animated Series.

Poison ivy was a total Babe thou.
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:I don't think these new age series can compare to the old ones...I saw the new Batgirl comics lately and the suit is more scary than seductive, it's like the female version of the Batman Beyond suit.
Well, I guess long gone are the days of TAS quality. Actually you don't even have to go that far as to using the Brave and the Bold to see the comparison. Even right after TAS ended, they were supposed to continue the story with that Batman-Superman adventure, where the story progresses and Robin evolved into Nightwing. Even in that direct continuation, their quality of drawing was already not that nice, compared to TAS (the villains especially, got treated badly, in my opinion. No more of the Joker's red lips, the Riddler's smart outfit, and, eww, whats with that all blacksuit Catwoman? Try comparing that all-blacksuit Catwoman to TAS's Catwoman).

Speaking of the evolution of Batgirl's suit to being scary, I think the one that scared the hell out of me is Cassandra Cain's version (did they actually sew up the mouthpatch?) :lol: I'm a Barbara fan, so any other version or girl who took over the Batgirl mantle won't get my attention that much.

Zen10101 wrote:I've also come to realize how much more authentic Batgirl peril/bondage material has been made compared to Supergirl; from Yvonne to the comics to TAS. I was hoping to see Ms Slater weakened by kryptonite and tied up just like in Batgirl's adventures; instead they chose to throw her into outer space mud :?
I guess that's how stories of Supergirl works. She's able to hold on her own well enough, and not go down easily when faced by common men/earthlings. For Batgirl, a typical girl, who's only equipped with brain power, limited arsenal, and some combat skills, can be taken advantage of, and just plain girl-being-overpowered.

So the only time to see Supergirl going down, is by having her to go after something of her own type/strength. And when that happens, there'll be more 'out of this world' predicaments (that's where the space mud, or other space-related stuffs came into play), no more of the common perils and bondage that normal girls easily fall into. But hey, maybe it can still work if there's a Krypo-Cat's Whiskers! It all lies in the Kryponite; cosplayers did it right by having them everytime to show common men defeating Supegirl.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

Withut the lakc of Facial expreison I actualy loved Cassandra Cain's Costume.
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

Biorider wrote:maybe it can still work if there's a Krypo-Cat's Whiskers!
Now that's an idea :) It does kinda suck that Supergirl can't be bound by normal rope and there has to be some sort of "reason" for her bondage to work. It's kind of amusing how there must always be a kryptonite rock nearby or green ropes/chains in the scene to restrain the Maid of Might, although some have gotten creative and used other material, my favourite being Wonder Woman's lasso(which I hope to see her tied in too :-D )

I've been browsing through deviant art and found many great superheroine peril pics. I won't post any Supes pics here in respect of your topic, so instead I have this purrfect pic of Catwoman tied in a very compromising position, completely helpless at the hands of the Joker. Like how batgirl1969 always like to trade places with tied up batgirls, I would give anything to be the Joker here :mrgreen:

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Zen10101 wrote:
Biorider wrote:maybe it can still work if there's a Krypo-Cat's Whiskers!
Now that's an idea :) It does kinda suck that Supergirl can't be bound by normal rope and there has to be some sort of "reason" for her bondage to work. It's kind of amusing how there must always be a kryptonite rock nearby or green ropes/chains in the scene to restrain the Maid of Might, although some have gotten creative and used other material, my favourite being Wonder Woman's lasso(which I hope to see her tied in too :-D )

I've been browsing through deviant art and found many great superheroine peril pics. I won't post any Supes pics here in respect of your topic, so instead I have this purrfect pic of Catwoman tied in a very compromising position, completely helpless at the hands of the Joker. Like how batgirl1969 always like to trade places with tied up batgirls, I would give anything to be the Joker here :mrgreen:

Ok....you be the joker and PLEASE let me be that Catwoman......meow baby!
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:so instead I have this purrfect pic of Catwoman tied in a very compromising position, completely helpless at the hands of the Joker.
OMG, thats an excellent find. Look at how happy the Clown Prince Of Crime is.

Its set now. You, the Joker..... and batgirl1969, Catwoman. Can I be your henchman, Mr Joker sir? :D
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

batgirl1969 wrote: Ok....you be the joker and PLEASE let me be that Catwoman......meow baby!
You sure about that, girl?Because...ooh...the things I'd do to you...tied up like that :twisted:
Biorider wrote:Can I be your henchman, Mr Joker sir?
Hmm...I guess you can grab the camera and check that the ropes are always tight. She does not escape! :-D
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

You guys can have Catwoman all you want...but next time batgirl1969 wants to actually be Batgirl, I got dibs on being the villain.

As for the modern Batgirl being scary looking, Zen, I think you mean the previous Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), the one that Biorider mentioned. The modern one is a college student who doesn't look scary at all.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5yI4AOoll20/S ... 600/bg.jpg

And the "new" batman series you mentioned ended like, 3 years ago. But I agree. Batgirl looked WAY to child-like.

I for one would love to see the new batgirl in some sort of sexual peril. Like you all, Barbara's my favorite, but I dig me some blonde naive college student Batgirl...

PS, I don't know how to do photos on here, or I would have posted that instead of linking it...if anyone could pm me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

I liked Stephani as Robin.
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

ranger87 wrote:As for the modern Batgirl being scary looking, Zen, I think you mean the previous Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), the one that Biorider mentioned. The modern one is a college student who doesn't look scary at all.

I for one would love to see the new batgirl in some sort of sexual peril. Like you all, Barbara's my favorite, but I dig me some blonde naive college student Batgirl...
Ahh...now that's more like it. I found out she was a previous Robin too, but that costume once again wasn't too faithful. Would love to see her kicking around with her bare legs in green panties :P Cain wasn't hot, but I was very impressed with her assassin bio...and Asian too! Total badass 8) It seems the current Batgirl is indeed more naive and less deadly...someone needs to "show her the ropes" :mrgreen:

By the way, ranger, just insert between the link to display the pic. I've resized it with PS and put it on tinypic.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

I prefer a female Robin in Tights.
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

Superheroinegirl22 wrote:I prefer a female Robin in Tights.
Hmm...to each his own I guess. Everytime I see Robin from the 66' series flaunting his girly legs, I have been hoping a girl would wear that suit at some point :x
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Zen10101 wrote:
ranger87 wrote:As for the modern Batgirl being scary looking, Zen, I think you mean the previous Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), the one that Biorider mentioned. The modern one is a college student who doesn't look scary at all.

Ahh...now that's more like it. I found out she was a previous Robin too, but that costume once again wasn't too faithful. Would love to see her kicking around with her bare legs in green panties :P Cain wasn't hot, but I was very impressed with her assassin bio...and Asian too! Total badass 8) It seems the current Batgirl is indeed more naive and less deadly...someone needs to "show her the ropes" :mrgreen:

By the way, ranger, just insert between the link to display the pic. I've resized it with PS and put it on tinypic.

I was trying to link from flickr, which sucks, to be honest. But thank you!
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:
Superheroinegirl22 wrote:I prefer a female Robin in Tights.
Hmm...to each his own I guess. Everytime I see Robin from the 66' series flaunting his girly legs, I have been hoping a girl would wear that suit at some point :x
Burt Ward was wearing Tights, they where just colored to try trick into thinking it was rela skin, like Lynda Carters, those are the worst kind of Tights ot me cause they feel Manipulative.

You can find pics of Addie Juniper in a costume allot like Burt's.
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:Cain wasn't hot, but I was very impressed with her assassin bio...and Asian too! Total badass 8) It seems the current Batgirl is indeed more naive and less deadly...someone needs to "show her the ropes" :mrgreen:
I guess we can never have a balance of both characteristics?

First, we have Barbara (or any other student girl version) -- a naive, hot, and probably won't look that intimidating to a bunch of big, tough criminals. Her inexperience in battle can always get her into some death traps (or even sexual perils, as we all love to see), either when she got careless, or physically overpowered.

Second, we have Cassandra -- a tough, deadly and no-nonsense Batgirl. An assassin. I find it hard to visualise her being careless and falling into some kinky perils. Hot/sexy? Maybe, to some fans, but you can't deny that Barbara (or any other girl version) is hotter.

Probably its best that we already have it this way. It sucks to have a really sexy and stunning crimefighter, but nobody managed to capture and place her in any predicaments.

If I were a bad guy, I think it'll be more easy (and fun) to lure the first version into my trap. :lol:
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

I found Cassandra Cain plenty hott.
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

Superheroinegirl22 wrote:Burt Ward was wearing Tights, they where just colored to try trick into thinking it was rela skin
Wow I honestly did not know that...all these years I thought he won the audition with woman legs :lol: thanks for the info.
Biorider wrote:If I were a bad guy, I think it'll be more easy (and fun) to lure the first version into my trap.
That's very true. Cain's Batgirl is so cold and emotionless I don't think any sort of peril she gets in will excite fans. Whereas Barbara, whenever she appears, makes me wanna see her in all sorts of bondage :-D
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

Zen10101 wrote:
Superheroinegirl22 wrote:Burt Ward was wearing Tights, they where just colored to try trick into thinking it was rela skin
Wow I honestly did not know that...all these years I thought he won the audition with woman legs :lol: thanks for the info.
Biorider wrote:If I were a bad guy, I think it'll be more easy (and fun) to lure the first version into my trap.
That's very true. Cain's Batgirl is so cold and emotionless I don't think any sort of peril she gets in will excite fans. Whereas Barbara, whenever she appears, makes me wanna see her in all sorts of bondage :-D
I want to see more Cain Peril, seeing a Stornger character Broken is much mroe fun. Just with her I'd definetly unmask her right away. But leave the rest of the Costume on.
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

Superheroinegirl22 wrote: I want to see more Cain Peril, seeing a Stornger character Broken is much mroe fun. Just with her I'd definetly unmask her right away. But leave the rest of the Costume on.
Ahh without the mask it's a different story...I think I agree with you on that. And seeing a stronger character broken is more fun :P
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

Here is a compilation of another cartoon Batgirl -- the 60s version.

1) Batgirl and Batman knocked out cold by The Joker. After which, they were tied onto two giant clock gears. Their bodies will collide and eventually crush them to death.

2) Batgirl went to investigate a filming scene at a beach. While she was checking the props, she was knocked out the Joker's henchman. Later, she was imprisoned onboard a pirate ship.

3) Batgirl was grabbed from behind and gassed into unconsciousness by the Scarecrow. Once she regained consciousness, she realised that her Utility Belt had been removed. Despite that, she managed to escape using a lawnmower machine, but she didn't get far as she was captured again. Once captured for the second time, her feet were tied, hands bound on her back, and gagged.

When Batman & Robin arrived, Batgirl took the opportunity to attack the distracted Scarecrow. After rolling away, she managed to free herself from the bound, but unfortunately, she fell into the clutches of the Scarecrow's henchmen not long after.

4) The following screencaps features a newly-created villain known as Simon The Pieman. Batgirl was captured by a couple of Simon's henchmen, and was placed into a huge machine which would be filled up with liquid chocolate. Batgirl was rescued by the Dynamic Duo (not in screencap).

5a) Another episode of Simon The Piemon. While chasing after Simon's van, the Batgirl-cycle slipped on some cream, and crashed. She was then imprisoned inside a tower which was surrounded by a moat with sharks. She managed to escape the imprisonment and the shark-filled moat. She didn't get away far when she was rendered unconscious by an exploding pie. Simon then ordered his henchman to carry her away. Rescued by the Dynamic Duo (not in screencap).

5b) Still in the same episode -- trapped by this Simon character again! Spotted trying to climb into Simon's hideout, she was greeted by a couple of his henchmen, who easily dragged her away. Once captured, she was clamed down onto this really huge machine, which will flattened her to death, before being rescued by the Dynamic Duo.