New dc reboot: Ruining women's sex appeal?

Skirtfan
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

To me, the skirt is the most essential part of the Superheroine's uniform. As someone has already stated, it is very feminine and it leaves us under no illusion that it is a girl we are looking at in the fight scenes. Without the skirt, the girls are dressed no differently to their male counterparts.

You only have to look at the Battle for Earth movies to see what impact the skirt makes. It is the one item of clothing that moves and seems to have a mind of it's own as the Superheroine writhes on the floor or is being lifted into the air.

My eyes are always instantly attracted to the motion of the skirt in movies like this. So many fight scenes would offer so much less if it weren 't for the skirts the superheroines are wearing.

But then I've always had a skirt fetish and so maybe my opinion is a bit biased :D
joser590
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Skirtfan wrote:To me, the skirt is the most essential part of the Superheroine's uniform. As someone has already stated, it is very feminine and it leaves us under no illusion that it is a girl we are looking at in the fight scenes. Without the skirt, the girls are dressed no differently to their male counterparts.

You only have to look at the Battle for Earth movies to see what impact the skirt makes. It is the one item of clothing that moves and seems to have a mind of it's own as the Superheroine writhes on the floor or is being lifted into the air.

My eyes are always instantly attracted to the motion of the skirt in movies like this. So many fight scenes would offer so much less if it weren 't for the skirts the superheroines are wearing.

But then I've always had a skirt fetish and so maybe my opinion is a bit biased :D
An interesting opinion. But then again, not every superheroine can have a skirt because it'll diminish the uniqueness of it. Imagine if every superheroine had a skirt! Supergirl would not be as popular if that were the case. Same goes with Powergirl and her boob window or Catwoman and her catsuit.

I would hate to see every single superheroine at Battle for Earth have a skirt.

On the subject of Superman, whatever happened to the ruling that WB had to have a Superman film by a certain year in order to use the original costume. It failed to cross my mind on my last post but now that I remember, isn't that one of the reasons the new Superman film is being made so close to Superman Returns?
Skirtfan
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

An interesting opinion. But then again, not every superheroine can have a skirt because it'll diminish the uniqueness of it. Imagine if every superheroine had a skirt! Supergirl would not be as popular if that were the case. Same goes with Powergirl and her boob window or Catwoman and her catsuit.

You make a good point and you are right. Providing, IMHO, 1 in 3 SHs (or thereabouts) are wearing skirts, I'll be more than happy.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

joser590 wrote: On the subject of Superman, whatever happened to the ruling that WB had to have a Superman film by a certain year in order to use the original costume. It failed to cross my mind on my last post but now that I remember, isn't that one of the reasons the new Superman film is being made so close to Superman Returns?
That's referenced at the end of the article at the first link I posted on the bottom of page one of the thread.
Variety wrote: If they want to get a new "Superman" or even "Justice League" pic featuring the superhero, Warner Bros. and DC will be forced to go into production by 2011.
Skirtfan
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

To return to skirts for a moment. Not every skirt needs to be like the little Supergirl skirt. There are so many different styles, some of which have been tried, but many not. By experimening with different skirt styles and colours we could get some very sexy looking superheroines. To me, a superheroine in a spandex catsuit does nothing.